New Custom Archetype: Cornestia

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Quado7

New Custom Archetype: Cornestia

Post #1 by Quado7 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:45 am

Deck/Archetype: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8751753

name origin: Latin: corneum (horn) + bestia (beast)

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Sorry, i prefer original artworks... no stealing pictures on internet (kind Force of Will artworks) u_u
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:39 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:Sorry, i prefer original artworks... no stealing pictures on internet (kind Force of Will artworks) u_u

But YOU aren't the one making and putting images to these, as long as it complies with the rules it doesn't matter.
Buy Floowandereeze

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #4 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:18 am

You didn't understand shit, I as an artist and a cardmaker, I create all the artworks of my cards.
I'm sorry, but stealing images from the internet is not the job of the real cardmaker.

Then... enough with this war custom, you are ridiculous.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

Slitina

Post #5 by Slitina » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:47 am

To be honest, it wasn't a war in the first place you just keep nitpicking dumb things and crying over it like if they can use artworks on the internet, that's fine. In fact, I want a legitment reason on why according to you, Why can't we use artworks on the internet? Is it because of art theft fair enough, but the thing is they are not claiming they aren't there's or is it because they don't fit your standards? like greg503 reworded, these rules only imply to YOU only and that in the site it does not state "all artworks have to come from you" like what if your a bad artist or can't hire an artist you can use the internet as the rough idea of said card, It's not like we aren't selling the cards for personal use. We are simply using the art for a base idea of what we want the card to look like. In short, greg503 isn't the ridiculous one you are the one here DarwisBellium92.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Debt

Post #6 by Debt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:32 am

I honestly can't imagine someone having such an inflated sense of self worth over fucking custom cards

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #7 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:47 am

Slitina wrote:To be honest, it wasn't a war in the first place you just keep nitpicking dumb things and crying over it like if they can use artworks on the internet, that's fine. In fact, I want a legitment reason on why according to you, Why can't we use artworks on the internet? Is it because of art theft fair enough, but the thing is they are not claiming they aren't there's or is it because they don't fit your standards? like greg503 reworded, these rules only imply to YOU only and that in the site it does not state "all artworks have to come from you" like what if your a bad artist or can't hire an artist you can use the internet as the rough idea of said card, It's not like we aren't selling the cards for personal use. We are simply using the art for a base idea of what we want the card to look like. In short, greg503 isn't the ridiculous one you are the one here DarwisBellium92.

Never shut up!
Copyright is a serious matter nowadays, especially if the artist is operational. Also, I have already reported many of the artists on the internet about this thing that you steal artworks, to artists who make it their business to earn money through art. And you... are ruining it.
Well done... this is not being the real cardmaker who does the job for years and even seriously.
It took me 14 years to create 50 archetypes and even canonical ones.

You want, you are already in grave danger.

Cit.

Slitina

Post #8 by Slitina » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:11 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Slitina wrote:To be honest, it wasn't a war in the first place you just keep nitpicking dumb things and crying over it like if they can use artworks on the internet, that's fine. In fact, I want a legitment reason on why according to you, Why can't we use artworks on the internet? Is it because of art theft fair enough, but the thing is they are not claiming they aren't there's or is it because they don't fit your standards? like greg503 reworded, these rules only imply to YOU only and that in the site it does not state "all artworks have to come from you" like what if your a bad artist or can't hire an artist you can use the internet as the rough idea of said card, It's not like we aren't selling the cards for personal use. We are simply using the art for a base idea of what we want the card to look like. In short, greg503 isn't the ridiculous one you are the one here DarwisBellium92.

Never shut up!
Copyright is a serious matter nowadays, especially if the artist is operational. Also, I have already reported many of the artists on the internet about this thing that you steal artworks, to artists who make it their business to earn money through art. And you... are ruining it.
Well done... this is not being the real cardmaker who does the job for years and even seriously.
It took me 14 years to create 50 archetypes and even canonical ones.

You want, you are already in grave danger.
We are not stealing it if we were stealing it we would literally just use it for personal use and gain our own profit we are using them as a VISUAL representation of what our card looks like if you were a custom a card maker you should know that.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #9 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:36 pm

Lies, you obviously don't understand a fucking copyright law!
Also, you are doing it without the permission of the author of those artworks.

Im best true and serious cardmaker from internet.
With what I said, avoid me, thank you.

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #10 by Lil Oldman » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:07 pm

Imagine taking that much pride with fucking custom cards but still having trash grammar. Couldn't be me.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:28 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:Lies, you obviously don't understand a fucking copyright law!

Oh, you want to talk about copyright implications of this, let me teach you a phrase we have in America: Fair Use. Fair Use is the exception to US copyright enforcement when some conditions are met. It has 4 factors:
Factor 1: The Purpose and Character of the Use: To use as artwork for custom cards.
Factor 2: The Nature of the Copyrighted Work: If copyrighted at all, these were probably found through Google images and are just art pieces.
Factor 3: The Amount or Substantiality of the Portion Used: Most images need to be cropped or squished to fit the card art area.
Factor 4: The Effect of the Use on the Potential Market for or Value of the Work: It was probably already free to look at from the beginning.
So it is quite easy to argue that using online images in this way falls under Fair Use, as with editing any other image into a meme.
Buy Floowandereeze

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #12 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:22 pm

greg503 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Lies, you obviously don't understand a fucking copyright law!

Oh, you want to talk about copyright implications of this, let me teach you a phrase we have in America: Fair Use. Fair Use is the exception to US copyright enforcement when some conditions are met. It has 4 factors:
Factor 1: The Purpose and Character of the Use: To use as artwork for custom cards.
Factor 2: The Nature of the Copyrighted Work: If copyrighted at all, these were probably found through Google images and are just art pieces.
Factor 3: The Amount or Substantiality of the Portion Used: Most images need to be cropped or squished to fit the card art area.
Factor 4: The Effect of the Use on the Potential Market for or Value of the Work: It was probably already free to look at from the beginning.
So it is quite easy to argue that using online images in this way falls under Fair Use, as with editing any other image into a meme.

What beautiful laws you have in the USA... what a disappointment... Europe and Japan is the best country in terms of politics and laws.
Now I understand everything you want Americans to racist us Italians just out of envy for our beautiful country.

Clap clap... congrats, very pathetic xD

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #13 by Lil Oldman » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:46 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
greg503 wrote:

What beautiful laws you have in the USA... what a disappointment... Europe and Japan is the best country in terms of politics and laws.
Now I understand everything you want Americans to racist us Italians just out of envy for our beautiful country.

Imagine saying stricter copyrights is better. It only benefits corporations. It limits creativity, in no way shape or form that is pathetic.
And who said we were being racist against italians?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

greg503

Post #14 by greg503 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:30 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Oh, you want to talk about copyright implications of this, let me teach you a phrase we have in America: Fair Use. Fair Use is the exception to US copyright enforcement when some conditions are met. It has 4 factors:

Imagine saying stricter copyrights is better. It only benefits corporations. It limits creativity, in no way shape or form that is pathetic.

Can Genex or someone tell us which countries' laws DB tries to follow?
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #15 by greg503 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:38 pm

Also, are Italians a race or a nationality? Because I don't think it's the same case as Jews being both a race and a religion.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #16 by Christen57 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:44 pm

greg503 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:What beautiful laws you have in the USA... what a disappointment... Europe and Japan is the best country in terms of politics and laws.

Can Genex or someone tell us which countries' laws DB tries to follow?

Whichever country duelingbook is hosted in. If duelingbook is hosted in America, duelingbook follows American laws. If duelingbook is hosted in some other country, duelingbook follows that country's laws.

As you can see, duelingbook is hosted in America, so it follows American laws.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #17 by Lil Oldman » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:15 am

Quado7 wrote:Deck/Archetype: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8751753

I kind of feel bad for you, probably you didn't want this thread to turn into dumpster fire, so I asked a friend if they wanted to review the archetype and they said yes. This is what they said.

Need some balancing. Their standalone cards need to be brainstorm again. Why that fellow made them instead of playing existing cards I don't know. Seriously, he doesn't play a single existing card.
Konami banned Giant Trunade for good reason u know.
The condition of "if this card's current ATK is different from its original ATK" is non-existent, bec 9 out of 19 cards gave atk boost.
It will almost always happened. So their monsters OPT effect can spam & generate a lot of advantages. If the user have good deck building skills, then I'm sure they can incorporate existing cards that will boost the deck performance.
Serious need to rebalance again. I'm not going into too much, but cards like the no brainer (Leopardy, Puppy, & Unicorn) need to be taken back to the drawing board. That person need to count how many draw, add, ss, & etc they have.
There are some ruling issues. Like Xyz Relentless Caribou. This effect should mentioned (except during the dmg step), also, the "if" window is too large in the battle step. Best replace it with this "When an attack is declared involving a "Cornestia" monster". But also, really, it "send" a card to the GY, not monster, non-destruction & target too.
The user is fighting a bit dirty. Miraculous Elephant another + effect, but also destruction protection for Gaia Deer. 3 out of 5 Xyz have Quick Effects, and 1 other is their banned previous of the "Heroic Champion" superboss.
I'd analysis enough. Need a lot of works. Not the worst I ever see, bec we both know what I'm referring too back in the forum, but still.

Use this information as you please.

Quado7

Post #18 by Quado7 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:03 pm

I like how nobody actually talks about the cards in terms of balance/fun etc.

777c
Mood:

Post #19 by 777c » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:46 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:

I kind of feel bad for you, probably you didn't want this thread to turn into dumpster fire, so I asked a friend if they wanted to review the archetype and they said yes. This is what they said.

Need some balancing. Their standalone cards need to be brainstorm again. Why that fellow made them instead of playing existing cards I don't know. Seriously, he doesn't play a single existing card.
The condition of "if this card's current ATK is different from its original ATK" is non-existent, bec 9 out of 19 cards gave atk boost.
It will almost always happened. So their monsters OPT effect can spam & generate a lot of advantages. If the user have good deck building skills, then I'm sure they can incorporate existing cards that will boost the deck performance.
Serious need to rebalance again. I'm not going into too much, but cards like the no brainer (Leopardy, Puppy, & Unicorn) need to be taken back to the drawing board. That person need to count how many draw, add, ss, & etc they have.
There are some ruling issues. Like Xyz Relentless Caribou. This effect should mentioned (except during the dmg step), also, the "if" window is too large in the battle step. Best replace it with this "When an attack is declared involving a "Cornestia" monster". But also, really, it "send" a card to the GY, not monster, non-destruction & target too.
The user is fighting a bit dirty. Miraculous Elephant another + effect, but also destruction protection for Gaia Deer. 3 out of 5 Xyz have Quick Effects, and 1 other is their banned previous of the "Heroic Champion" superboss.
I'd analysis enough. Need a lot of works. Not the worst I ever see, bec we both know what I'm referring too back in the forum, but still.

I totally agree - these cards are busted beyond repair. That's why I quit DB as a whole - custom cards there are unbalanced.

Christen57

Post #20 by Christen57 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:

I wanna know what this person was "referring too back in the forum" :)

Return to “Custom Cards”