How balanced is the DEVA ENMA AND ZAZEL Archetype WITHOUT JUDGING MAIN DECK LORD ENMA

Post your custom made cards in this forum

Are they balanced?

Busted
25%
Overpowered
25%
Meh... Kinda High Power Level
No votes
Power Creep
No votes
Balanced
50%
Good
No votes
Weak
No votes

Total votes: 4

Zack223
Mood:

How balanced is the DEVA ENMA AND ZAZEL Archetype WITHOUT JUDGING MAIN DECK LORD ENMA

Post #1 by Zack223 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:18 am

I made this archetype based on chapters from yo Kai watch so if anyone likes Yo Kai watch please message me I based every cards effects types card types and stats based on their power in the games and their lore so I would see your comments and thoughts on how balanced they actually are except Lord Enma in the Main Deck he is supposed to have those powers and effects based on the powers he has in the game well let's get to the case here the deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8647290

Zacian best Pokemon he is fucking cool

KTeknis

Post #2 by KTeknis » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:16 pm

Cool, you returns. I joined your discord server that you shared earlier and for some reason It kinda devoid of activities and I can't enter #General for some reason.
Anyways, back to the topic. I'm currently just taking a quick look here, so for now here's what I can say:
1. Long text is looooooooooooooooong. I mean I understand that Konami also made long text too like Endymion, but here in the Custom Card community it is better for your card text to be short. At the very least make it so that people don't have to scroll down after hovering their mouse to the card text.
2. The "Pls don't judge X he's supposed to be very strong" Mentality. Big No. If you want your archetype to be balanced, then you must be willing to have your Demigod to be depowered to be in line of anyone else. I don't care how strong Lord Enma is, you must make it so that it can be defeated, and make it so that it's power doesn't make the game unbalanced. Don't be half assed when it comes to card balance.

I'll be looking again at your cards when I got some free time.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:18 pm

The only gripe I have with Lord Enma is that neither it, or the Rank 6 Xyz has a HOPT like the other Xyzs, this means you can infinitely use that effect on your opponent's entire GY.
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:21 pm

KTeknis wrote:Cool, you returns. I joined your discord server that you shared earlier and for some reason It kinda devoid of activities and I can't enter #General for some reason.
Anyways, back to the topic. I'm currently just taking a quick look here, so for now here's what I can say:
1. Long text is looooooooooooooooong. I mean I understand that Konami also made long text too like Endymion, but here in the Custom Card community it is better for your card text to be short. At the very least make it so that people don't have to scroll down after hovering their mouse to the card text.
2. The "Pls don't judge X he's supposed to be very strong" Mentality. Big No. If you want your archetype to be balanced, then you must be willing to have your Demigod to be depowered to be in line of anyone else. I don't care how strong Lord Enma is, you must make it so that it can be defeated, and make it so that it's power doesn't make the game unbalanced. Don't be half assed when it comes to card balance.

I'll be looking again at your cards when I got some free time.

Lord Enma is the effect granter which is not the problem card here
Buy Floowandereeze

KTeknis

Post #5 by KTeknis » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:34 pm

greg503 wrote:Lord Enma is the effect granter which is not the problem card here

I see. Still, not wanting a card to be judged or balanced because of the card lore or intent is a bad mentality tho.

KTeknis

Post #6 by KTeknis » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:11 pm

Alright, I come up with a proper review, but there's like a lot of really powerful card, I think I'll go with some of them:
Deva Ancient Enma: " If Special Summoned, your opponent's cards and effects cannot be activated." That's an extremely strong effect there. Also it doesn't specify how long it's effect last, so I can assume that it last while it's on the field, which is absolute bonker.

Zazel's Supreme Court Room: "You can Tribute monsters from your hand or either field and/or banish monsters in the GYs, also you can banish 1 monster from your opponent's Extra Deck whose total ATK or DEF equal or exceed the ATK of a "Zazel" Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. " I felt I had some kind of Deja vu here. Granted you can only ritual sumon the 3 Zazel's, but it's still pretty strong to use your opponent's controlled monster And in the Extra Deck.

Lord Enma's Favour: "Add 2 "Zazel" cards from your Deck or GY to your hand, then take 1000 damage." A lot of the time, paying LP are nothing. Change the cost to discard 1 card instead. Also maybe it's better to just add deck rather than deck or gy.

Enma Palace: Well.... This thing shutdown a lot of deck there, blocking the effect and preventing their use as a material is waaaay powerful. Also "Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's effect activations." You're not planning to play fair aren't you? Give your opponent a chance to negate it.

Sorry, but I gave up on your deck. I think you need to learn balance from the basic stuff.

greg503

Post #7 by greg503 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:14 pm

KTeknis wrote:Alright, I come up with a proper review, but there's like a lot of really powerful card, I think I'll go with some of them:
Deva Ancient Enma: " If Special Summoned, your opponent's cards and effects cannot be activated." That's an extremely strong effect there. Also it doesn't specify how long it's effect last, so I can assume that it last while it's on the field, which is absolute bonker.

No, this is the same text on the Egyptian Gods, it stops stuff like Trap Hole, but not Mirror Force
Buy Floowandereeze

KTeknis

Post #8 by KTeknis » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:58 pm

greg503 wrote:No, this is the same text on the Egyptian Gods, it stops stuff like Trap Hole, but not Mirror Force

Oh, I see. So just when it's SS'ed right?
Fair enough.

Zack223
Mood:

Post #9 by Zack223 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 pm

Anymore thoughs on this achetype

Zack223
Mood:

Post #10 by Zack223 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:17 pm

So James what do you think about my achetype?

Christen57

Post #11 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:53 am

Zack223 wrote:Anymore thoughs on this achetype

Zack223 wrote:So James what do you think about my achetype?

At this point, it's better if some of these cards were simply deleted outright since the archetype looks like it could function perfectly fine without them. I'd start with that field spell, then move on to Deva Ancient Enma, since having a card that wins you the duel once your opponent's life goes down to 2000 is too strong.

A few of those extra deck monsters should be deleted down to like 7 or 6. Having 12 different powerful boss monsters in total (9 in the extra deck and 3 in the main deck), each of which can be summoned with just 1 or 2 materials, is too much.

James isn't going to get your message just by you saying his name. You need to actually quote him or comment/message him directly or on his profile for him to be notified.

Zack223
Mood:

Post #12 by Zack223 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:20 pm

I deleted the Archetype a while back.

Return to “Custom Cards”