Bygone Legion Archetype

Post your custom made cards in this forum
NeoPhantom

Bygone Legion Archetype

Post #1 by NeoPhantom » Fri May 21, 2021 11:40 pm

Second Archetype I’ve been working on. Unfortunately, no images.

Related Words: Kingdom, Empire, Ghost, War, Conquest, Army, Forgotten, Specter, Pawns, Past, History, Illusion mixed with Reality, Ruined, Vestige, Wastes, Dust, Ashen, Legion, Shades, Bygone, Strife, Wastes

Archetype Story: The ghostly remains of a citadel of an old empire. Its haunted grounds spawn the departed souls of its deceased inhabitants, still under the orders of the ancient Emperor to lay waste on the Citadel’s foes. They build machines of war and fortifications using a mixture of mechanical engineering and spectral forces, as such they appear as ruined structures interposed with spectral apparitions. Each time the citadel’s armies’ are put down, it is only a matter of time until their eventual return.

Visual Aesthetics: An illusion of the Past superimposed as a layer on top of the Present reality. Dilapidated buildings and structures, with all sorts of damage from time and combat, and a layer of spectral energy layered on top in the form of a transparent facsimile of the original structure as it once was. Same with the tokens which are in reality the few remains of the individuals (broken bones and skulls, pieces of torn armor, rusty weapons, etc) overlaid with the facsimiles of who they once were in life.

Gameplay Theme: Seeks to imitate the gameplay of games in which you accumulate resources to build defensive structures & siege weapons and spawn units to wage war on the opponent. This deck wants to slowdown the duel with “Wall” monsters the opponent cannot easily get over, yet are unable to actually attack the opponent for game. Then it will want to use “Siege Weapon” monsters to destroy the opponent’s cards while also chipping away at your opponent’s LP, parallel to using said weapons to destroy the enemy’s defenses and dealing damage as well.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8114021

Archetype’s evolution: the archetype was originally conceptualized by emulating games such as Travian in which you created structures to provide resources used to create other structures or spawn units. Leveling them up in order to strengthen their effects. These mechanics were completely scrapped and redesigned into one in which the concept is to build up a defensible “castle” and using “siege weapons” as the primary win condition. Another change made over the course of designing was the removal of different types of tokens, instead preferring to use a single one for many reasons. (The tokens were originallt going to be strengthened by other cards, but are now little more than materials and fuel for effects).

Hopefully, the errors in these cards are less than in my previous archetype!

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:16 am

Too weak from handtrap and company
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

NeoPhantom

Post #3 by NeoPhantom » Sat May 22, 2021 8:06 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:Too weak from handtrap and company

Which particular handtraps? Im guessing you mean the spell cards, correct?

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #4 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:11 pm

NeoPhantom wrote:

Any
Invicil with tributed LIGHT Fairy effect and all spell cards negations effs
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

NeoPhantom

Post #5 by NeoPhantom » Sat May 22, 2021 8:39 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:

Any

The same can be said about Sky Striker, or for Eldlich with trap effect negation and a different type control. Saying that is the same as saying the deck is bad because Horus Lv8 or Naturia Bamboo Shoots exists. If an archetype is so good that it necessitates specific cards that are normally not played in side decks to counter them, then by definition it is not bad.

Now if you say the archetype is bad because a commonly played card utterly destroys the deck, then yeah, the archetype becomes bad.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #6 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:38 pm

NeoPhantom wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:

Any

The same can be said about Sky Striker, or for Eldlich with trap effect negation and a different type control. Saying that is the same as saying the deck is bad because Horus Lv8 or Naturia Bamboo Shoots exists. If an archetype is so good that it necessitates specific cards that are normally not played in side decks to counter them, then by definition it is not bad.

Now if you say the archetype is bad because a commonly played card utterly destroys the deck, then yeah, the archetype becomes bad.

It is not bad. Add to it a Spell that cannot negate your own Spells that turn (or continuous eff if it's a Continuous Spell).

Cit.

greg503

Post #7 by greg503 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:25 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Any

It is not bad. Add to it a Spell that cannot negate your own Spells that turn (or continuous eff if it's a Continuous Spell).

So, make it like Crys does :lol:
Buy Floowandereeze

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #8 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:34 pm

greg503 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:

I would give you a huge fuck about how you are treating me, shame on you!
And grow the fuck up! I don't like immature and stupid people like you!

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #9 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 22, 2021 10:40 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:It is not bad. Add to it a Spell that cannot negate your own Spells that turn (or continuous eff if it's a Continuous Spell).

I would give you a huge fuck about how you are treating me, shame on you!
And grow the fuck up! I don't like immature and stupid people like you!

What?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

NeoPhantom

Post #10 by NeoPhantom » Sat May 22, 2021 10:55 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Any

Hmmm? Wasnt there one with that effect...?

Yeah, Fortress of the Bygone Legion

```
Once per turn, if the effect of a “Bygone Legion” Spell card would be negated or if a “Bygone Legion” Continuous Spell would be destroyed by an opponent’s card effect: You can banish the top card of your Deck face-down; negate that effect.
```

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #11 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 22, 2021 11:00 pm

NeoPhantom wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:

```
Once per turn, if the effect of a “Bygone Legion” Spell card would be negated or if a “Bygone Legion” Continuous Spell would be destroyed by an opponent’s card effect: You can banish the top card of your Deck face-down; negate that effect.
```

Oh, Right

I would also add the Spells which become unaffected. ^^

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #12 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 22, 2021 11:02 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:It is not bad. Add to it a Spell that cannot negate your own Spells that turn (or continuous eff if it's a Continuous Spell).

```
```

Oh, Right

Not to dig my nose were I am not supposed to but, how is the opponent supposed to interact with those kinds of effects?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

NeoPhantom

Post #13 by NeoPhantom » Sat May 22, 2021 11:30 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:

```
```

Oh, Right

Not to dig my nose were I am not supposed to but, how is the opponent supposed to interact with those kinds of effects?

1) the protection is once per turn
2) the tokens wont be available for material on your first turn, so you must survive a turn with just tokens, so you are very vulnerable
3) the walls protect other cards, but not themselves with their first effect
4) the deck is very vulnerable to baiting

However, the unaffected is too strong i think

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #14 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 22, 2021 11:50 pm

NeoPhantom wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Oh, Right

2) the tokens wont be available for material on your first turn, so you must survive a turn with just tokens, so you are very vulnerable

Once per turn is not bad

Cit.

NeoPhantom

Post #15 by NeoPhantom » Sun May 23, 2021 1:25 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Not to dig my nose were I am not supposed to but, how is the opponent supposed to interact with those kinds of effects?

Once per turn is not bad

If its once per turn, what would make it different from the negation effect of Fortress?

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #16 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:08 am

NeoPhantom wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
NeoPhantom wrote:

Once per turn is not bad

If its once per turn, what would make it different from the negation effect of Fortress?

Once per turn the activation card and not effect card

Cit.

Return to “Custom Cards”