Post your custom made cards in this forum
KingBearDuelist

Archetype Showcase

Post #1 by KingBearDuelist » Tue May 11, 2021 5:04 am

Hey...hey you...heard you like Cyberse
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7977299 Cypher Hunters

KTeknis

Post #2 by KTeknis » Tue May 11, 2021 12:42 pm

Pretty interesting Archetype. Probably a little PSCT error (like July's first effect "Target 1 Cypher Link monster in your GY; then Special Summon it.", just word it like "Target 1 "Cypher" Link monster in your GY; Special Summon it.", no need for the word "then", also missing quote for "Cypher".), but otherwise probably nothing that is like huge red flag or something, at least for me, I'm not really good at balance and stuff.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #3 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 pm

KingBearDuelist wrote:Hey...hey you...heard you like Cyberse
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7977299 Cypher Hunters

A Deck that abuses Link monsters against my Darkfuture Deck, yours would suffer quite a bit. Ahahah xD
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

KingBearDuelist

Post #4 by KingBearDuelist » Tue May 11, 2021 3:20 pm

KTeknis wrote:Pretty interesting Archetype. Probably a little PSCT error (like July's first effect "Target 1 Cypher Link monster in your GY; then Special Summon it.", just word it like "Target 1 "Cypher" Link monster in your GY; Special Summon it.", no need for the word "then", also missing quote for "Cypher".), but otherwise probably nothing that is like huge red flag or something, at least for me, I'm not really good at balance and stuff.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=1653-28219620 This is a replay for how the Deck works, it's super grindy, but if you get to a late game state, you practically have easy access to any Rank 4

Saraak
Mood:

Post #5 by Saraak » Thu May 13, 2021 12:41 pm

Looks good, but I got a couple of concerns for some cards.

PSCT-wise for most of the cards, You need to have (Quick Effect) at the end of the condition, so it would look like "...some condition here (Quick Effect): You can some cost here; some effect here." With how you currently word your cards, your cost and conditions are mixed up. It should be relatively easy to fix though, so don't worry about it too much.

Although, if you want your monster's secondary effect to Special Summon themselves from the GY if a "Cypher" monster leaves the field via battle/card effect, you might want to somehow word the effects to have them sent to the GY at the actual effect portion, not the condition or cost. Otherwise, the Special Summon eff won't occur as it would be treated as a cost instead of an effect (the same issue as to why Darkworld monsters won't activate with cards like 'A Feather of the Phoenix').

I'll assume you wanted their first effects to trigger their secondary effects, so I'll look at each card individually assuming that is the intended interaction. Your other cards seem fine. It's just these ones that I noticed have some errors or balancing issues.

-April says she excavates and returns the 'rest' (I'm assuming non-"Cypher" monsters) to the bottom of the deck in any order, but what do you do with the cards you excavated? Is it added to the hand, sent to the GY, banished, or etc? Same with November. It might be a better fix to just remove the "... place the rest at the..." clause.
-October has a similar issue, but not entirely the same. It doesn't make it clear what's the effect and condition. Most "Special Summon this card (from your hand)." effects have an if at the start or a cost. You can simply fix this by swapping them around, but I do understand you might want the interaction above to occur (which it wouldn't if it was a cost to summon), so you can probably fix this by making it "You can target a "Cypher" monster you control; Special Summon this card (from your hand) and destroy the target." Just a suggestion though, in case you want to try a diff solution.
-This isn't really a PSCT thing, just a minor concern. Having a non-targeting removal effect occur when a "Cypher" monster is removed from the field is a bit strong. (It isn't even a demerit at all considering that if one monster leaves, a whole legion of them comes from the GY).
-Cypher Materialization doesn't specify where to banish it from, so you can technically banish it from the hand. It targets, but I don't see the point of targeting if it can't be responded to (because it lacks any : or ;). Balance-wise, it isn't hard once per turn on any of the effects, so that's basically a ROTA for your archetype but 10x better, and that isn't even considering the Pop effect it has.
-February can only be Special Summoned once per turn, which is fine. Although, I'd probably be careful about that, because you may accidentally revive her with July on the same turn, which her effect forbids.
-January, you don't need the "as well" clause.
-September doesn't have a hard once per turn on it. You can fill your GY by Special Summoning something from your Deck, linking it away with September to Summon another September. Rinse and repeat the process. If this was intended, then its broken (because all your archetype cards can SS from GY if needed), if not, then you may want a hard once per turn restriction on it, or limit its Special Summon like with February (or limit its Link Summon to 1, as it achieves the same effect).

Overall, it's a nice archetype, if a bit strong. Even modern Bearcti doesn't go plus when something is destroyed (but Bearcti is a clunky archetype anyway so don't worry about it).
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KingBearDuelist

Post #6 by KingBearDuelist » Thu May 13, 2021 7:40 pm

The card's were never meant to be able to trigger their second effects off their first effects. This was done intentionally to prevent any abusable plays.
Thanks for the help on the PSCT, I made the appropriate edits.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #7 by Saraak » Fri May 14, 2021 2:51 am

You certainly fixed a lot of errors, but there are some PSCT errors left.
-You missed fixing the Quick Effect on October, August, and December.
-Forgot the 'e' of Main Phase on your field spell.
-Materialization should probably target at the same time it is banished from the GY, otherwise your opponent can't respond. I'd probably word it like "If this card is in your GY: You can banish this card, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it." but I'd also advise changing the 'then' into an 'and' as there's little difference between them. It also only mentions 'this effect' in the restrictions instead of 'each effect'. I assume 'this effect' refers to the targettable destruction effect. A ROTA without a hard once per turn restriction is sorta busted for archetypes that can abuse them nowadays (a good example of an archetype that has an unrestricted ROTA that can barely be abused, is Ice Barriers), which is why ROTA is currently limited on the current banlist. Ultimately, it's up to you if you want to keep it that way.

Other than that, it's a nice archetype. Thematically destroys your own monsters to summon them back from the GY. It even works with traps like Torrential Tribute, deters your opponent from using Ghost Ogre (or any other handtrap that sends cards you control to the GY), solid recoverability, and access to the Rank 4 pool of support. The only gripe I have with them is that it feels like a slightly better Sky Strikers with more Main Deck monsters, but still a solid archetype in my eyes.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KTeknis

Post #8 by KTeknis » Sat May 15, 2021 2:50 am

I got into contact with Rocket2 today and got him into reviewing your cards, here's what he said:
- The archetype mechanic to revive themselves should also come with a "But banish it when leaves the field", especially since it almost guarantee.
- August is a 1900 ATK Link 1 that reduce opp ATK to 0 & burn, can link using another copy & it free pop quick. also the field allow it nonetheless. Too OP.
- February is a better Sky Striker Ace Hayate.
- January is a free Pop 2, and without the Link requirement. OP.
- September is almost fine if it wasn't for the fact of the field spell
- More consideration for the Field that give them Quick Effect. And the easy free Link SS by it
- Grounds are busted too in his opinion because of reborn eff (including banished monster), normal summon, and free untargetable pop that does not start a chain. Also Ground is a soft OPT on its additional Normal Summon on any Cyberse monster!

I think that's all he got to say. I hope you understand.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Custom Cards”