Cosmic Achetype

Post your custom made cards in this forum

Is how balanced is this Deck?

Please note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

Broken
57%
Balanced
29%
Busted
14%
Good
No votes
Weak
No votes

Total votes: 7

Zack223
Mood:

Cosmic Achetype

Post #1 by Zack223 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:26 am

Hey guys please look at my Archetype this is my 2nd Archetype the other being Voltron let me know if their balanced.

Theme: They are based on the Galaxy the Cosmic and Celestial Space. They a Control based around the Opponent having more monsters then you and they like it when their Opponent digs thought their Extra Deck they punish the Opponent by bashing cards from their Extra Deck ripping cards from their hand and breaking their broad also sometimes will inflict burn on them and this Deck is Like Sky Strikers where it they +pluses them selves while going for 1 for 1 trades with the opponent this Deck can even play grind games so yeah so Combo players play against this Deck at your own Risk and Your Combo Deck's Life!

Compatible Decks and Types: Control Decks like.
Eldlich
Invoked
Shaddoll
Dogmatika
Nekroz

The Archetype:
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8052524

The Deck Builds:
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8021539 (Pure Cosmic)
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8006736 (Cosmic Impcantation)
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8003191 (Cosmic Eldlich)
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8035967 (Cosmic Invoked)
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8036378 (Cosmic Dogmatika)
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=8043128 (Cosmic Heavy Control)
Last edited by Zack223 on Mon May 10, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Zacian best Pokemon he is fucking cool

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:48 am

I don't like and you are art thief!
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

james123
Mood:

Post #3 by james123 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:16 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:I don't like and you are art thief!

Chill man, you're just being the Lila Rossi of Duelingbook (Italian, Liar, total Moron, Lawyer, etc.)

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #4 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 08, 2021 3:14 pm

james123 wrote:

Chill man, you're just being the Lila Rossi of Duelingbook (Italian, Liar, total Moron, Lawyer, etc.)

I don't interesting your useless words, thanks.
I go ahead, instead of making the useless war on me since you are proving racism to the Italians, dear JamesSuck. XD
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #5 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 08, 2021 4:15 pm

These card are stupid af. Why can you look ay your opponents hand and say, "yeah, fuck you an all your monsters, they go banished", for then to ritual summon a ritual that is also broken af.
Why yes I would want you to destroy a monsters that battles a 2600 lvl 4 ritual and then burn me for it.
Why also yes I would want you to use a monsters on my field to you to summon other ritual that was already serached by the same guy (with the ritual spell included, a great deal)
I would also love to be blocked of searching cards, and give you a +2/+3 in the time and if you go a bit over board you get evenly matched (Not during the end of battle phase) and on top stealing 3 cards, not giving them limitations or restrictions.
Man, saryuja clone doesnt que even begin to describe the stupidness of this monster, why is it invincible in any way shape or form except returning to hand or banishing (without targeting), why it has a Heart-Earth effect without the counter measures or difficulties of Heart-Earth. Why yes I would love to see you draw cards up to the amount of SS I have and then returning less than that amount, saryuja did it when link summoned, why not every turn?
Well, I am so happy to be restricted to 1 spell or trap a turn after you used my monsters in my hand to summon that 3600 ATK/DEF dude that can summon 2 monsters on arrival while also destroying my hand each turn. Wait, 2 cards for a spell, dude after he arrives spell is all I have, wait, you get to set a trap from your deck of you snipe a trap from my hand, and can be activated during that turn aswell? Oh, how lovely, I sure hope that they arent a once each turn stratos with a monarchs stormforth ritual summon that is Spell Speed 4. Or a counter that banished facedown a card I play for absolutely no cost.
Oh, perfect, I love getting violeta chimera'd with no conditions and afterwards lose a card in my hand for absolutely no reason other than battling and if it lea es the field I lose 3 cards in my extra?
This one is so cool a 43/43 ritual that can negate a card for no cotmst other than banishing a card in your GY? And that if I succeed to fight it off you remove 3 cards from my extra and forbid any action from other cards with the same name?
Of course, what else but pendulums that treat the summon as a ritual summon, in sddition to making the pendulum summon Speed 4 in sddition to make them un-negatable for both pend and normal ritual, and can search both a ritual and a spell and also pop a monster each turna as a pendulums, and of course it has banishing properties when summoned and when it battles an extra deck mon as a monster.
And of course the other pendulum is just a copy paste of the other as a pendulum, and it pops 2 things on summon and each time it battles an extra mon it is shuffled as a monster
Ah yes, I would love you to use your ritual spell for any ritual in your deck, because they are fine, they arent broken, or are they? And can beactivated in my turn aswell? For what? For being able to see my hand and banish almost all my plays for the minimal cost of banishing a monster in your hand and a monster in your deck. (And the Fact that you can also banish a card in my extra). And it does a foolish burial as cost for you to recover your pass to see my hand and banish all my plays again? And you can banish it in the GY for you to set a spell/trap to activated it in the same focking turn? Oh and take my spells and traps in the mean time, I didnt even want them.
A Second ritual? That can use directly from my hand or GY without a cost? And if you use from MY hand, I also lose an extra deck card? And its recover cost, since all your rituals with replacing effects say "leave the field" instead of being destroyed, you almost always want to use it for removing cards in my extra deck.
Wow, such a cool field, show a card, add 2 different and shuffle the card. And that battle effect? Overkill af, why negate all my spells or traps on field, not being able use my sets and blocking my cards in my GY and banished, like, "Bitch, let me play", and might aswell half all extra deck monsters while you are at it. And after fighting, you get to banish my monster, facedown.
The traps I already expressed about them.
My favorite effect on a link 2, cheap out a boss monster that will go at the end of turn, but not before causing enough damage. And can float itself with a other link on top of recycling itself in the GY and returning all banished cards into the deck. And if you use a ritual to summon him (That will return due to its first effect) you negate all my focking cards and using 3 cards in my deck and extra for you to summon a ritual. And I cannot do anything about it?
Yeah, use a ritual to add a ritual and the spell, with an added bonus of being able to cheap out a ritual (it cannot attack, but god forbid some balance and blocking effects aswell) and draw 3 free, just do a mulligan because you are really needing it. And recycling things that were banished and in your GY, dude, they banish to be used no more, not for other cheap recycling.

This deck is mad broken, busted and everything in between, splashable to decks that wished they were half as strong, and the opponents cannot even counter play? What the fork is this? Is just "haha I win" each time, with no effort or thought put into them.
(Sorry if I came up harsh, it is just that these cards really pissed me off. I think the gimmick should be seriously rethinked and most effects reworked.)
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

james123
Mood:

Post #6 by james123 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:47 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
james123 wrote:

I go ahead, instead of making the useless war on me since you are proving racism to the Italians, dear JamesSuck. XD

Unless you Apologize as usual

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #7 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 pm

james123 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
james123 wrote:Chill man, you're just being the Lila Rossi of Duelingbook (Italian, Liar, total Moron, Lawyer, etc.)

Do I have to apologize to you? The one who has to apologize is you and not me, since you have such a deplorable behavior.

Cit.

james123
Mood:

Post #8 by james123 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
james123 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:I don't interesting your useless words, thanks.

Do I have to apologize to you? The one who has to apologize is you and not me, since you have such a deplorable behavior.

Well, I'm sorry about all the BS and we should just not be insulting each other back and forth like the longest tennis game

Zack223
Mood:

Post #9 by Zack223 » Sun May 09, 2021 3:41 am

any else have thoughts on the Balance of this Deck?

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #10 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:21 am

Zack223 wrote:any else have thoughts on the Balance of this Deck?

No, is terribly broken

Cit.

KTeknis

Post #11 by KTeknis » Sun May 09, 2021 11:42 am

A huge overhaul is needed, and a lot need to be changed. One thing I can salvage is the gimmick of "If your opponent control more monster than you do".
One Idea I had is to limit most of the card's effect to just 2, one of which can only activated If your opponent control more monster than you do, possibly making it a control archetype.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #12 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun May 09, 2021 12:14 pm

KTeknis wrote:

A huge overhaul is needed, and a lot need to be changed. One thing I can salvage is the gimmick of "If your opponent control more monster than you do".
One Idea I had is to limit most of the card's effect to just 2, one of which can only activated If your opponent control more monster than you do, possibly making it a control archetype.

Not only that, it also makes cost effects much more limited and restricted. Also, lower the ATK of the Ritual Monsters.

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #13 by Lil Oldman » Sun May 09, 2021 3:20 pm

Ok, sorry if I came up harsh with the previous review. Here's a proper conclusion from my part.
The problem I find is that their gimmick is severly obscured from the fact that you get to disrupt most if not all plays your opponent has turn 1. I remember dueling these with you and gave a free pass to the ritual spell since I thought the ritual you would summon would be like Chainsaw Insect. Yu-Gi-Oh is a 2-player game, it should be fun for both parties to play. See the most hated cards in the game, like apollusa, Delinquent Duo, Mystic Mine, all Psy-Frames, what do all of them have in common? They don't allow the opponent to play.

If all cards had bigger costs and all if not most effects were restricted to me controlling more monsters than you do while also making the effects way weaker than they are now, then probably they wouldn't be as big of a problem, but the main problem is that the amount of dead hands you can have with this deck are next to none. Correct me if I am wrong, but you don't ever have a bad hand.

The best thing I could say to you is imagining what would happen if these cards were on other archetypes. Take Cosmic Crisis for example.
(This card is also treated as a Ritual Spell.)
During the Main Phase: You can add 1 "Cosmic" card from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can discard 1 card; Ritual Summon 1 "Cosmic" Ritual Monster from your hand or Deck, by tributing monsters from either field whose total Levels, Ranks, Link Rating equals or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this card's effect. If this card is sent to the GY: You can Set this card, but banish it when it leaves the field, also if this effect was activated while your opponent controls more monsters than you do, then halve the ATK of any face-up monsters your opponent currently controls, also negate their effects. You can only use each effect of "Cosmic Crisis" once per turn.

First, take the first effect of doing a stratos each turn. There is a reason why Reinforcements of the Army is limited and why most searching effects are limited to their activation/summon.
The second effect just Monarch's stormforth, but then again, Stormforth was in the banlist for a good time and it was tied to a bricky deck, and it was negateable, it affected 1 monster and it did nothing on it's own, you needed to have the monster ready for tribute summon.
Imagine the catastrophe it would be if a deck like Invoked got a card like this.

These kinds of approaches can help you to get an idea of how to balance them. Again, sorry if my first review was kind of harsh, I am not usually like this, but I hope I this helps.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #14 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:09 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:

Ok, sorry if I came up harsh with the previous review. Here's a proper conclusion from my part.
The problem I find is that their gimmick is severly obscured from the fact that you get to disrupt most if not all plays your opponent has turn 1. I remember dueling these with you and gave a free pass to the ritual spell since I thought the ritual you would summon would be like Chainsaw Insect. Yu-Gi-Oh is a 2-player game, it should be fun for both parties to play. See the most hated cards in the game, like apollusa, Delinquent Duo, Mystic Mine, all Psy-Frames, what do all of them have in common? They don't allow the opponent to play.

If all cards had bigger costs and all if not most effects were restricted to me controlling more monsters than you do while also making the effects way weaker than they are now, then probably they wouldn't be as big of a problem, but the main problem is that the amount of dead hands you can have with this deck are next to none. Correct me if I am wrong, but you don't ever have a bad hand.

The best thing I could say to you is imagining what would happen if these cards were on other archetypes. Take Cosmic Crisis for example.
(This card is also treated as a Ritual Spell.)
During the Main Phase: You can add 1 "Cosmic" card from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can discard 1 card; Ritual Summon 1 "Cosmic" Ritual Monster from your hand or Deck, by tributing monsters from either field whose total Levels, Ranks, Link Rating equals or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this card's effect. If this card is sent to the GY: You can Set this card, but banish it when it leaves the field, also if this effect was activated while your opponent controls more monsters than you do, then halve the ATK of any face-up monsters your opponent currently controls, also negate their effects. You can only use each effect of "Cosmic Crisis" once per turn.

First, take the first effect of doing a stratos each turn. There is a reason why Reinforcements of the Army is limited and why most searching effects are limited to their activation/summon.
The second effect just Monarch's stormforth, but then again, Stormforth was in the banlist for a good time and it was tied to a bricky deck, and it was negateable, it affected 1 monster and it did nothing on it's own, you needed to have the monster ready for tribute summon.
Imagine the catastrophe it would be if a deck like Invoked got a card like this.

These kinds of approaches can help you to get an idea of how to balance them. Again, sorry if my first review was kind of harsh, I am not usually like this, but I hope I this helps.

Lil Oldman, each of his Custom Decks is more broken than my Schrodinger and my other 40 custom archetypes.

Zack lost to my Schrodinger because he's an my archetype and has included banish effects.

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #15 by Lil Oldman » Sun May 09, 2021 6:18 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:Lil Oldman, each of his Custom Decks is more broken than my Schrodinger and my other 40 custom archetypes.

Zack lost to my Schrodinger because he's an my archetype and has included banish effects.

I fail to see the point.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #16 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Lil Oldman, each of his Custom Decks is more broken than my Schrodinger and my other 40 custom archetypes.

I fail to see the point.

The more broken the decks are, the easier it is to brick.

Cit.

KTeknis

Post #17 by KTeknis » Mon May 10, 2021 1:07 am

When teaching someone, we do it step-by-step.
First we teach him the more basic stuff like toning down the effects to a more acceptable power level and some PSCT. After that, we tackle the more advanced parts like fixing the archetype's bricking problem.

Zack223
Mood:

Post #18 by Zack223 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:14 pm

Hey guys give me your thoughts on the new cards please tell me how strong they are?

KTeknis

Post #19 by KTeknis » Mon May 10, 2021 2:32 pm

Zack223 wrote:Hey guys give me your thoughts on the new cards please tell me how strong they are?

Umm..... Maybe it would be better to fix the existing card first before adding new ones...

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #20 by Lil Oldman » Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Zack223 wrote:Hey guys give me your thoughts on the new cards please tell me how strong they are?

Not just all other cards are still broken, but the new ones are as strong as them. I cannot even begin to describe how in the world you came with the idea that these cards are balanced.

Return to “Custom Cards”