Eternal Pravda

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Futuregamer

Eternal Pravda

Post #1 by Futuregamer » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:32 pm

A surprising hit of a deck (I expected them to need a lot more work to function when designing them), Eternal Pravdas are an EARTH Synchro->Xyz Deck, that benefits from "Black & White Wave"

• "Eternal Pravda" MD monsters can banish 2 "Eternal Pravda" cards from your GY and tribute themselves to free Synchro-Summon a monster with their own level on the field from the ED, but with its effects negated.
  • All the Synchro "Eternal Pravda"s give +400 on Xyzes that use them as materials and some effect that shuffles cards from the GY into the Deck.
  • The archetype has effects that trigger when a Xyz Monster causes cards in the GY to be shuffled into the Deck.

Card list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7645064

Deck example list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7696124

See the rest of my cards at: https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com/2020/09/futuregamers-custom-archetypes-guide.html

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Will try give a review on it, since the lack of Card Reviewers.
Ok, from first glance I found the gimmick is interesting, but weird at the same time that they only have 1 Xyz, it being of a high rank, thinking that everything revolves around of him (I know they aren't supposed to work alone, but would have liked a lower rank xyz aswell ).

Idk if it was intentional or not, but the eff of broken time doesn't work with Golden horde, since reshuffling into the deck is a cost and not an effect.

There is a little typo in some of the cards, where it says "A Xyz monster", where it should be "An Xyz monster", since Xyz is treated as if it began with a vowel, take for example Zoodiac Ratpier.

I find Waning's first eff kinda good, since it is a foolish with lvl manipulation, although I am not sure of what cards could take advantage of this, other than the monsters that need fodder for their effs.

The field being the only one that can set levels feels kinda forced, since all others with lvl manipulation are either increasing or decreasing, not setting. (I am not counting the monsters that set themselves, since they depend on other monster to do so while the field can just do it at the user's will.) and the revive is kind of stupid.

Imo, the link feels cheap, I know that it's purpose is to fulfill the other monster for the xyz, even if it doesn't give an effect to the Xyz, since it still can be used as detachment while keeping the other synchro's eff, while also filling up the GY with the needed cards for the other monsters effects.

I also wonder about the effects that reshuffle your GY, since it works like an anti-synergy of the deck, considering that they need a good amount of cards in GY to work.

I saw your list, but I think that a the deck (Mainly the link since it is a any link you want with the field and a synchro, and since the field revives, it can be easy to do so.) can be really really strong if paired with other xyz that you didn't used in here, like, zeus, Number 38, 39 (With double and beyond) and 107, along with full armor and cipher blade. In my opinion the better synchros are the 4 and 8, since there are more good Xyz of those ranks that can be used with them.

Im no expert but this is my opinion of the deck, the main problems I have with it is the cheapness of the link (And how that can fill up the GY) and the field's "free" revive that even feels like cheating (since the synchro would most likely have come from the tributed monster, so the cost is reduced to just banish 2 cards in your GY).
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Futuregamer

Post #3 by Futuregamer » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:17 pm

You're right on quite a few of them.

-Will fix Broken Time.
-I will probably leave them as "a Xyz Monster", saying "an" just sounds wrong to me.
-(Un?)fortunately, zeus and others summoned on top of other xyz won't actually retrigger the Synchro Materials, they only work on the initial xyz summon.
-The Link 1 felt cheap to me too, will change it. I am not planning on releasing more xyzes for them though.
-Well, the Field's free revive locks you into only summoning xyzes, so your next summon will probably be the last one for the turn.

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:57 pm

I don't know if Cosmic Horrors's artwork is acceptable since it has exposed titties.

Where it says "Once per turn: You can reveal 1 Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck: This card's Level becomes equal to the revealed monster's, but monsters you control cannot declare an attack for the rest of this turn, except Xyz Monsters" you should replace the colon after "Extra Deck" with a semi colon so players know it's a cost.

Also you should shorten "but monsters you control cannot declare an attack for the rest of this turn, except Xyz Monsters" to "but your non-Xyz Monsters cannot attack for the rest of this turn".

When you have it worded as "monsters you control cannot declare an attack for the rest of this turn, except Xyz Monsters" players could misinterpret that as if it's simply saying you can't designate any targets that aren't Xyz targets for an attack, so by having "Xyz Monsters" in the middle of that sentence instead of at the end of it, players know you're referring to your own non-xyz monsters not being able to attack.

Any time you prevent monsters from attacking, you never need to refer to them as "monsters your opponent controls" or "monsters you control". You can just refer to them as "your monsters" or "your opponent's monsters" without including the word "control". Any time an effect prevents monsters from attacking, it will always by default apply to monsters someone controls since monsters in the hand or whatever can't attack anyway.

For your monsters that say "You can banish 2 X from your GY, then Tribute this card" you can just change it to "banish 2 X from your GY and Tribute this card" to make it shorter. There is no need for those costs to have to be paid separately, since they will make stuff miss timing anyway even if they're paid simultaneously.

I don't know why Yesterday's Dimension isn't just named as the archetype's card or always made the archetype's card instead of only being that while in the graveyard. I get that you don't want it to be able to search itself, but you can just make it hard once per turn to fix that.

For the Continuous Spell, instead of saying "the following effects" you can make it shorter by just saying "these effects".

For the Field Spell, you can shorten it's first effect by changing it from "Xyz Monsters with Synchro Monsters attached to them as Xyz Materials cannot be targeted by card effects" to "Xyz Monsters with a Synchro Monster as material cannot be targeted by effects".
Where it says "cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn" you don't need to include "monsters" there. You can just say "cannot Special Summon for the rest of this turn" without having to specify monsters.

Where it says You can target 1 "Eternal Pravda" monster you control and declare a Level (from 1 to 8); that target's Level becomes the declared Level until the end of this turn, you don't need to surround "from 1 to 8" with parentheses, and you can make the effect shorter by changing it to "that target becomes that Level until the end of this turn". When changing any monster's level with an effect, you can just say "declare a Level from whatever to whatever" then say "that target becomes that Level". You don't need to keep repeating "Level" by saying "that target's Level becomes that Level".

For Faith Test, you can probably word it better by changing it to:
Send 1 "Eternal Pravda" card from your Deck to the GY; face-up monsters that are "Eternal Pravda" monsters you control or have a Synchro Monster as material cannot be destroyed by battle this turn."

Because of the way it's currently worded, "Eternal Pravda" monsters you control and Xyz Monsters that have a Synchro Monster as a Xyz Material could be interpreted as if both the Eternal Pravda monsters and the Xyz Monsters have to have a Synchro Monster as material to get the battle protection when it's only the xyz monsters that need the synchro monster.

For the Synchro Monsters, you don't need to say:
An Xyz Monster that was Xyz Summoned using this card as Xyz Material.
You can just say:
An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card as material
or
A monster that was Xyz Summoned using this card as material

but you don't need to have Xyz Monster, Xyz Summoned, and Xyz Material all in the same sentence.

Return to “Custom Cards”