Example of a proper effect that SS upon NS

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Example of a proper effect that SS upon NS

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:38 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=416124 - Keese: Level 4/DARK/Fiend/Effect/ATK 500/DEF 500

When this card is summoned activate and resolve 1 of the following effects:
- If this is the only monster you control after summoning it; Pay 750 LP: Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower DARK/Fiend OR DARK/Zombie monster from your hand, deck, or GY except "Keese". You cannot Summon/Set other monsters during the same turn in which you activate and resolve this effect except one Rank 4 Xyz "Temple" Monster. You can only activate and resolve this effect of "Keese" once per turn.
- Pay 1000 LP: Automatically activate 1 Field Spell from your Deck. You cannot activate or resolve the effects other spell cards except the effects of the Field Spell in which you activated with this effect for the remainder of the turn in which you activate and resolve this effect.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:46 pm

Mystic Mine Players: Abuseable 8-)
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:47 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Mystic Mine Players: Abuseable 8-)

then i can add restrictions and requirements to that part of its effect or just remove it in general.
Done. now only 1 specifically named field spell can be activated with it: "Ganon's Castle" (the field spell in the very deck in which i based this card from: Zelda - part of my zelda enemies deck)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:53 pm

Not even specifying Normal Summon or using proper PSCT capitalization.
On top of having a LP cost JUST to have a LP cost, hardly an example that aspiring custom card makers should follow.
But hey, at least we bullied you into making it not generic :lol:
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #5 by Lil Oldman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:19 pm

- If this is the only monster you control after summoning it; Pay 750 LP: Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower DARK/Fiend OR DARK/Zombie monster from your hand, deck, or GY except "Keese". You cannot Summon/Set other monsters during the same turn in which you activate and resolve this effect except one Rank 4 Xyz "Temple" Monster. You can only activate and resolve this effect of "Keese" Once per turn.
- Pay 1000 LP: Automatically activate 1"Ganon's Castle" Field Spell from your Deck. You cannot activate or resolve the effects other spell cards except the effects of the Field Spell in which you activated with this effect for the remainder of the turn in which you activate and resolve this effect.

anyways, might aswell give it a review:
-Again got mixed up the ; and :
-Sure wonder why it can summon from all 3 locations, contrary to just 1 (the deck) or the other 2 (hand and GY).
-I would have worded it "either a Fiend-type or Zombie-type Dark monster.
-same turn is not necessary (necesary? english hard), I would have wrote " You cannot Summon/Set other monsters during the turn you used this effect except 1 Rank 4 Xyz "Temple" Monster."
-If I am not mistaken, you do not need "activate and resolve", only activate, so I would replace the text with "You can only activate this effect of "Keese" Once per turn." unless you wanted it to be unable to activate it's effect if it got negated, then in that case it would be "You can only use this effect of "Keese" Once per turn.".
-would remove the automatically, as it is assumed it will be the next thing that will be done.
By the wording of it, are there any other "Ganon's Castle" cards you have? If you do not, the "Field Spell" is unnecesary.
-In this case "resolve the effects" is unecessary. only activate.
-I would rewrite the card like this.

When this card is summoned, apply 1 of the following effects:
- If this is the only monster you control: Pay 750 LP; Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower DARK Fiend-type OR Zombie-type monster from your hand, deck, or GY except "Keese". You cannot Summon/Set other monsters during the turn you activated this effect, except 1 Rank 4 Xyz "Temple" Monster. You can only use this effect of "Keese" Once per turn.
- Pay 1000 LP; Activate 1 "Ganon's Castle" from your Deck. You cannot activate spell cards or effects, except the effects of a card activated with this card's effect, for the rest of this turn.

Is there a reasoning for the LP costs for being different? Although I don't know your other cards of the archtype, I assume this card is an essencial piece, unless all monsters share the summoning effect, if so, the deck is rather a no-brainer.
Last edited by Lil Oldman on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:27 pm

Not a proper effect. Least not until proper PSCT.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

james123
Mood:

Post #7 by james123 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:56 pm

Talk about being vulnerable to this thing by "Darkraiclone" https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1953952 (Again)

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=416124 - Keese: Level 4/DARK/Fiend/Effect/ATK 500/DEF 500

- If this is the only monster you control after summoning it; Pay 750 LP: Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower DARK/Fiend OR DARK/Zombie monster from your hand, deck, or GY except "Keese". You cannot Summon/Set other monsters during the same turn in which you activate and resolve this effect except one Rank 4 Xyz "Temple" Monster. You can only activate and resolve this effect of "Keese" once per turn.
- Pay 1000 LP: Automatically activate 1 Field Spell from your Deck. You cannot activate or resolve the effects other spell cards except the effects of the Field Spell in which you activated with this effect for the remainder of the turn in which you activate and resolve this effect.

You can make it much shorter and easier to read, and with better PSCT, by changing it's effect to this:

If this card is Summoned: Activate 1 of these effects.
● Pay 750 LP; if this is the only monster you control, Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower DARK Fiend or Zombie monster from your hand, Deck, or GY, except "Keese".
● Pay 1000 LP; activate 1 "Ganon's Castle" Field Spell from your Deck.
You can only use this effect of "Keese" once per turn. You cannot Summon, except Level 4 or lower DARK monsters and Rank 4 "Temple" monsters, nor activate Spell Cards or effects, except "Ganon's Castle" Field Spell Cards and effects, the turn you Summon this card.

Slitina

Post #9 by Slitina » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:18 pm

Christen57 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=416124 - Keese: Level 4/DARK/Fiend/Effect/ATK 500/DEF 500

You can make it much shorter and easier to read, and with better PSCT, by changing it's effect to this:

● Pay 750 LP; if this is the only monster you control, Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower DARK Fiend or Zombie monster from your hand, Deck, or GY, except "Keese".
You can only use this effect of "Keese" once per turn. You cannot Summon, except Level 4 or lower DARK monsters and Rank 4 "Temple" monsters, nor activate Spell Cards or effects, except "Ganon's Castle" Field Spell Cards and effects, the turn you Summon this card.

Should it be “if this card is normal or special summoned:” because with the given text rn it would also consider flip summon
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:51 pm

Slitina wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Should it be “if this card is normal or special summoned:” because with the given text rn it would also consider flip summon

Does it matter?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #11 by Renji Asuka » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:58 pm

greg503 wrote:
Slitina wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Does it matter?

Yes, it can matter, as some cards only work with monsters that were flipped summoned. Or even prevent Flip Summon entirely.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Slitina

Post #12 by Slitina » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:57 am

greg503 wrote:
Slitina wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Does it matter?

Eh not really just me being nit picky
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Return to “Custom Cards”