ill just leave these here

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Re: ill just leave these here

Post #21 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:57 pm

DuskWill wrote:Well, English isn't my native language but I still make an effort to make myself properly understood.

I don't see a problem by doing it in text for an entire idiom, so it should be less of a hassle to apply a proper writing methodology in your own lingo, specially if your intention is to make clear how your cards works..

look you all say my cards have PSCT issues. why then, do you think, i tend to explain my cards even if its effect is super simple such as a continuous spell card that says: once per turn you can gain 1000 lp. and i say: "eff. i gain 1k lp." because its what i do. its who i am! i explain things to make it easier on my opponent!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #22 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:01 pm

let me exlplain this in another way:
as you all know i hate 99.9% of the current generation of cards. i dont care for these things. their effects are to long. so how can one make this easier? by explaining the cards effects in a simpler way.

this is why i tend to explain my cards the moment i play them or activate their effects. so people can understand how i intended to make my custom cards work. this makes it easier on both players rather than my opponent reading the card only to ask: what does your card do? it saves both players the time.

it would take more time to read an effect, only to not understand it and then ask your opponent to explain the card, over just explaining it the moment its played.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #23 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:03 pm

And what happens with people who hates the old style of writing? They prefer the more explainable way
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #24 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:And what happens with people who hates the old style of writing? They prefer the more explainable way

old style as in short and simple effects like: destroy 1 card on the field?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #25 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:06 pm

this is also why i preffer the older generations, card effects were kept short and thus were easy to read and to understand.
cards of today are written in paragraphs

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #26 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:08 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:And what happens with people who hates the old style of writing? They prefer the more explainable way

but don't explain simply enough things like what cannot be negated (costs), when do cards activate (chain), what are effects and what are conditions. Also, today cards are written long because of powercreep, not because of PSCT.
Last edited by Lil Oldman on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

DuskWill

Post #27 by DuskWill » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:08 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:Well, English isn't my native language but I still make an effort to make myself properly understood.

I don't see a problem by doing it in text for an entire idiom, so it should be less of a hassle to apply a proper writing methodology in your own lingo, specially if your intention is to make clear how your cards works..

look you all say my cards have PSCT issues. why then, do you think, i tend to explain my cards even if its effect is super simple such as a continuous spell card that says: once per turn you can gain 1000 lp. and i say: "eff. i gain 1k lp." because its what i do. its who i am! i explain things to make it easier on my opponent!

The premise of asserting your individuality seems more like an incentive to me to behave the same by creating and using custom cards in languages other than English. I wouldn't mind simply explaining one by one to my opponents, they would easily understand it in the end.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

NiwatoriFTW

Post #28 by NiwatoriFTW » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:10 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:this is also why i preffer the older generations, card effects were kept short and thus were easy to read and to understand.

This monster can take on the ATK and DEF of 1 opponent's monster on the field (a face-down monster results in an ATK and DEF of 0). Treat the selected monster as an Equip Magic Card and use it to equip "Relinquished". You may use this effect only once per turn and can equip "Relinquished" with only 1 monster at a time. When your opponent's monster attacks this monster with an ATK higher than "Relinquished", the equipped monster is destroyed instead of "Relinquished". Any Life Point damage you receive from the attacking monster when "Relinquished" is equipped is also inflicted on your opponent.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #29 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:10 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

but don't explain simply enough things like what cannot be negated (costs), when do cards activate (chain), what are effects and what are conditions. Also, today cards are written long because of powercreep, not because of PSCT.

thats because the players of those days had a brain and used it! we knew what the cards did! because we weren''t stupid! (not saying anyone here is, im just trying to make a point) to clear up what i meant here: i was talking about IN REAL LIFE! players IRL were not stupid and thus we didnt need PSCT because we understood the cards. then came along the kids of 2010 to now and all of a sudden BAM cards had to be re-written dozens of times because of the stupidity of those generations!

this is why i keep telling people to pay attention in reading class! or ask: did you fail reading class.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #30 by NiwatoriFTW » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:11 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

thats because the players of those days had a brain and used it! we knew what the cards did! because we weren''t stupid! (not saying anyone here is, im just trying to make a point)

Citation needed.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #31 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:13 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:this is also why i preffer the older generations, card effects were kept short and thus were easy to read and to understand.

This monster can take on the ATK and DEF of 1 opponent's monster on the field (a face-down monster results in an ATK and DEF of 0). Treat the selected monster as an Equip Magic Card and use it to equip "Relinquished". You may use this effect only once per turn and can equip "Relinquished" with only 1 monster at a time. When your opponent's monster attacks this monster with an ATK higher than "Relinquished", the equipped monster is destroyed instead of "Relinquished". Any Life Point damage you receive from the attacking monster when "Relinquished" is equipped is also inflicted on your opponent.

relinquished has been simple to understand for ages:
in short: copies the atk and def of the equipped monster, if hes attacked the equipped monster is destroyed instead. can only have 1 equipped monster on it at a time. both players take damage from the battle while it has an equipped monster

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #32 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:14 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:but don't explain simply enough things like what cannot be negated (costs), when do cards activate (chain), what are effects and what are conditions. Also, today cards are written long because of powercreep, not because of PSCT.

thats because the players of those days had a brain and used it! we knew what the cards did! because we weren''t stupid! (not saying anyone here is, im just trying to make a point)

Citation needed.

i wasnt talking about anyone on the site. im talking about IRL. the real card game. not a simulator!

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #33 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:18 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

I would give you that if there wasn't controversy with cards like Twin headed behemoth, who was placed on banlist not for being good but for it's horrible card explanation being a once per duel that you could actually use more than once per duel.
And imagine talking about other cards like trickstar licoris, where you can special summon any amount of them with only returning 1 trickstar thanks to the PSCT, explaining correctly what is a cost and what is an effect.
And the relinquished argument, not everyone knows relinquished, that's why PSCT has simplified it and make it more accesible.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #34 by NiwatoriFTW » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:

relinquished has been simple to understand for ages:
in short: copies the atk and def of the equipped monster, if hes attacked the equipped monster is destroyed instead. can only have 1 equipped monster on it at a time. both players take damage from the battle while it has an equipped monster

It used to say that the equip is destroyed when the opponent attacked an equipped "Relinquished" with a monster with a higher ATK. It didn't say anything about monsters with equal ATK or if you attacked their monster instead, which nowadays' erratum explains it. It also didn't distinguish his effect damage from battle damage, nor mentioned the intended Ritual Spell Card for such.

BTW, the newest erratum is 149 characters and 30 words shorter than that convoluted mess:
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Black Illusion Ritual". Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; equip that target to this card. (max. 1). This card's ATK/DEF become equal to that equipped monster's. If this card would be destroyed by battle, destroy that equipped monster instead. While equipped with that monster, any battle damage you take from battles involving this card inflicts equal effect damage to your opponent.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #35 by NiwatoriFTW » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Citation needed.

i wasnt talking about anyone on the site. im talking about IRL. the real card game. not a simulator!

Again, citation needed.

Renji Asuka

Post #36 by Renji Asuka » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

thats because the players of those days had a brain and used it! we knew what the cards did! because we weren''t stupid! (not saying anyone here is, im just trying to make a point) to clear up what i meant here: i was talking about IN REAL LIFE! players IRL were not stupid and thus we didnt need PSCT because we understood the cards. then came along the kids of 2010 to now and all of a sudden BAM cards had to be re-written dozens of times because of the stupidity of those generations!

this is why i keep telling people to pay attention in reading class! or ask: did you fail reading class.

MST Negates Bro!

But too bad you don't have a brain, otherwise you'd be using PSCT on your cards.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #37 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:26 pm

let me explain this in another way using real life scenarios:
kids of today have to have so many things to make their life easier such as:
- "safe zones" in their schools because their feelings got hurt
- computers
- robots
- smart phones, tablets, etc
- and god knows what other technology

lets see how they would "survive" a school from the 90s or earlier with:
- apple computers
- heavy textbooks that had to be carried home for homework and then returned to school the next day
- after school detention
- lunch detention
- being told to stop your whining over your feelings getting hurt
- having to actually WRIGHT your assignments on paper not on a computer or print it out
- and much more

kids of today wouldnt survive ONE MINUTE in the schools i grew up with!

Renji Asuka

Post #38 by Renji Asuka » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:30 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:let me explain this in another way using real life scenarios:
- computers
- robots

- apple computers
- heavy textbooks that had to be carried home for homework and then returned to school the next day
- after school detention
- lunch detention
- having to actually WRIGHT your assignments on paper not on a computer or print it out
- and much more

You shouldn't talk about yourself like that, its not good for your self esteem.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #39 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:31 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:let me explain this in another way using real life scenarios:
- computers
- robots

- apple computers
- after school detention
- lunch detention
- and much more

Isnt the entire point of new technology make life easier for everyone? Back in my days (methaphorically speaking) I had to go underground and mine coal, what is that fancy crap of being a lawyer? You wouldnt survived a minute in works I have been.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #40 by NiwatoriFTW » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:32 pm

- computers
- robots

- apple computers
- after school detention
- lunch detention
- and much more

Sorry, I fail to see the analogy here. How is it having things more easily accessible and more comfortable life standards due to innovation essentially bad? Do you feel resent for the newer generations for not "suffering" the way you did or do you want to feel better than them by constantly reminding people about those comparisons?

Also, it seems that you still don't write correctly, despite having to do so on paper back then.

Return to “Custom Cards”