Ethereal Sword - Eatos (Revamped)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Ethereal Sword - Eatos (Revamped)

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:35 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1863020 - Most said the original effect was to powerful, its original effect made it immune to target, destroy, banish and return effects. so I revamped it to this:

"Can only be equipped to "Guardian Angel - Eatos". While equipped "Guardian Angel - Eatos" Gains 500 ATK.

Once per turn; You can permanently banish 1 of the following cards:
- "Rod of Scilence - Kay'est"
- "Wicked-Breaking Flamberg - Baou"
- "Gravity Axe - Grarl"
- "Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce"
- "Butterfly Dagger - Elma"
- "Shooting Star Bow - Ceal"
- "Celestial Sword - Eatos"

You cannot banish more than 1 copy of any equip spell card listed in this cards effect.

This card gains the effects of all Equip Spells banished by this cards effect. You can only activate 1 "Ethereal Sword - Eatos" per duel."

- As for Guardian Angel - Eatos: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1854713

(This cards name is also treated as "Guardian Eatos")

You must tribute 1 "Guardian Eatos" you control to Special Summon this card (from your hand) and cannot be summoned by other ways. You can Special Summon this card this way during any players turn. When this card is Special Summoned you may automatically equip 1 "Ethereal Sword - Eatos" from your hand, deck or GY to this card.

While this card is on the field: You can ignore the summoning conditions of all "Guardian" monsters in your hand except "Guardian Angel - Eatos" and "Guardian Dreadscythe". Also you can summon "Guardian" monsters in face-up defense position.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #2 by LightCaster » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:03 am

CrystalMusic wrote:- Most said the original effect was to powerful, its original effect made it immune to target, destroy, banish and return effects. so I revamped it to this:

Can only be equipped to "Guardian Angel - Eatos". While equipped "Guardian Angel - Eatos" Gains 500 ATK.

Once per turn; You can permanently banish 1 Equip Spell that contains the name of a "Guardian" monster in its name and/or text from your hand, field, deck or GY: This card gains the effects of all Equip Spells banished by this effect.

You must tribute 1 "Guardian Eatos" you control to Special Summon this card (from your hand) and cannot be summoned by other ways. You can Special Summon this card this way during any players turn. When this card is Special Summoned you may automatically equip 1 "Ethereal Sword - Eatos" from your hand, deck or GY to this card.

While this card is on the field: You can ignore the summoning conditions of all "Guardian" monsters in your hand except "Guardian Angel - Eatos" and "Guardian Dreadscythe". Also you can summon "Guardian" monsters in face-up defense position.

Remove the unneeded spacing and the ability to summon during either players turn and you might actually have something decent here.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:08 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:- Most said the original effect was to powerful, its original effect made it immune to target, destroy, banish and return effects. so I revamped it to this:

Can only be equipped to "Guardian Angel - Eatos". While equipped "Guardian Angel - Eatos" Gains 500 ATK.

Once per turn; You can permanently banish 1 Equip Spell that contains the name of a "Guardian" monster in its name and/or text from your hand, field, deck or GY: This card gains the effects of all Equip Spells banished by this effect.

Remove the unneeded spacing and the ability to summon during either players turn and you might actually have something decent here.

Guardian Angel - Eatos is a Special Summon (and my most powerful card in my custom guardian support) so im not removing the ability ot SS it on any players turn. nice try
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #4 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

Guardian Angel - Eatos is a Special Summon (and my most powerful card in my custom guardian support) so im not removing the ability ot SS it on any players turn. nice try

That was a suggestion to make your card decent, not an attempt to nerf something they won't face, since you wouldn't accept them to a duel. Although, it should be mentioned that your card being your strongest in a deck isn't an argument to not change its effect for better balancing.

Also, inherent summons done by themselves only happens during your Main Phase, since they don't start a chain and you can't apply game mechanics of your turn during the opponent's.
Last edited by NiwatoriFTW on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #5 by LightCaster » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:13 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

It's unbalanced that way. A free 3000 beatstick with an equip card that has the effects of all guardian equip spells that you banish during either turn is broken dude. You are literally so close to making an actually balanced card and you're intentionally keeping it broken for favoritism is a stupid reason.

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:27 am

a. There is no such thing as a "permanent" banish, how many are you even playing (with and against) that move your Equip Spells out of the banished zone? And even so, allowing that kind of niche interaction to depower your card by an unconventional mean is good
b. What Guardians want to be summoned in face-up defense over being set
c. Since your "Angel" has the name duplicating clause you cannot legally run it and multiple of regular Eatos, which is a requirement to Summon this card
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:28 am

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

That was a suggestion to make your card decent, not an attempt to nerf something they won't face, since you wouldn't accept them to a duel. Although, it should be mentioned that your card being your strongest in a deck isn't an argument to not change its effect for better balancing.

Also, inherent summons done by themselves only happens during your Main Phase, since they don't start a chain and you can't apply game mechanics of your turn during the opponent's.

in english?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:29 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

It's unbalanced that way. A free 3000 beatstick with an equip card that has the effects of all guardian equip spells that you banish during either turn is broken dude. You are literally so close to making an actually balanced card and you're intentionally keeping it broken for favoritism is a stupid reason.

would u rather have that effect or its original effect that made it immune to being targeted, destroyed bansished or returned by my opponnets cards?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:31 am

greg503 wrote:a. There is no such thing as a "permanent" banish, how many are you even playing (with and against) that move your Equip Spells out of the banished zone? And even so, allowing that kind of niche interaction to depower your card by an unconventional mean is good
b. What Guardians want to be summoned in face-up defense over being set
c. Since your "Angel" has the name duplicating clause you cannot legally run it and multiple of regular Eatos, which is a requirement to Summon this card

B1: umm take kay'est for example. or any other high defense guardain
C1: tell that to people who make duplicates of pot of greed or other banned cards to run 6 or more of them in custom cards.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #10 by Lil Oldman » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:39 am

"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #11 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:39 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

in english?

At this point you're just being a troll, since you write manifestos of rants and, yet, can't handle 4 lines of text. Either you understand what I've written in my previous post or I recommend you take a break from playing Yu-Gi-Oh! and debating online until you get better reading skills.

greg503

Post #12 by greg503 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:06 am

Since I already did this for the first one, here's your Eatos proofread https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1862619
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #13 by Renji Asuka » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:40 am

RetardMusic still posting garbage cards without PSCT.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #14 by LightCaster » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:51 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

would u rather have that effect or its original effect that made it immune to being targeted, destroyed bansished or returned by my opponnets cards?

So this doesn't sound broken to you? Guardian Angel Eatos +

Reaper Scythe Dreadscythe's +500 ATK for every monster in both GY's
Rod of Silence Kay'est's Negate Spells effect
Wicked-Breaking Flamberge Baou's Negate monsters effect
Twin Swords of Flashing Light Tryce's Double Attack
Ethereal Sword Eatos's +500 ATK

greg503

Post #15 by greg503 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:13 pm

Kay'est only negates Spells that target the equipped monster, and Baou only negates Flip/floating effects. I'm more concerned about a busted custom equip that he can banish to make stuff uninteractable.
Buy Floowandereeze

FailedKirby

Post #16 by FailedKirby » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:04 pm

It says you must tribute a monster to special summon this card. Wouldn't that make it so the if you have a monster to be tributed it would be mandatory? I have made that mistake before. I would You may tribute 1 monster; Special Summon this card from your hand.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #17 by Lil Oldman » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:38 pm

You can*
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #18 by LightCaster » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:01 pm

greg503 wrote:Kay'est only negates Spells that target the equipped monster, and Baou only negates Flip/floating effects. I'm more concerned about a busted custom equip that he can banish to make stuff uninteractable.

There's still the issue of custom Eatos + Tryce + Dreadscythe

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:26 pm

the original effect made it so guardian angel is immune to all but battle and made it gain 500 atk + 500 more each time it destroyed a monster, 3500 atk right of the bat with immunity to all but battle. that was the original effect

the new one requires the spells to be banished which will take a few turns (compared to the original effect which is instant)

the point of guardian angel eatos is to not only speed up the process of the summonings of the guardian cards but to act as their overlord which is why i made the sword gain all the effects of the other equips as long as they are banished.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #20 by CrystalMusic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:30 pm

i could also add this so i cant banish more than 1 copy of each equip so it cant gain any more ATK/DEF. (i only run 1 copy of each guardain equip spell as it is) i also cant use Reaper Scythe as it can only be equipped to Dreadscythe.

Return to “Custom Cards”