Custom Archetype "Paradigm Warp": Big Ships that attack the Main Deck

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Christen57

Re: Custom Archetype "Paradigm Warp": Big Ships that attack the Main Deck

Post #21 by Christen57 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:29 pm

Saraak wrote:
KTeknis wrote:After looking at your update at Paradigm Warp reminds me, I and Rocket2 once had a duel before, he uses your Paradigm Warp while I use an archetype from EXU called Magistar. It was quite an interesting duel, here's the replay if you're interested. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=471916-34361883

Yeah, Rocket2 really liked the idea for the archetype, so I'm glad to see that he's played it more than I did. He even helped modify and tweak the cards a few months ago.

I don't really know who or what EXU is, but based on the replay shown, it's just cemented that the deck is already as good as it can be without adding overtly unnecessary cards. I tried to add a new Level 1 monster a long time ago, but I can't think of anything unique other than just another extender. Though, I doubt it's even necessary to add another card considering that the archetype is already this consistent and good at what it does, which is banishing FD.

The field spell alone can sometimes ruin most meta decks by banishing important cards or bricks from their deck– like, especially if they're a Special Summon heavy deck like Tri-lusc; they might banish a revolt or two before they can search it for example. In your opinion, what do you think the deck is missing? Keep in mind, I still want this deck to have weaknesses, but as of this moment, I'm not sure what those are. Maybe the inability to deal battle damage and end the game quickly? Then again, that's rectified by Skill Drain (at 3).

(Goes on a tangent from here)

Actually, going over the common hand traps sounds like an idea. Impermanence, Veiler, and Ash Blossom might halt the Deck for a moment, but Agent can just wait until the opponent's Draw Phase and get 1 interruption out. Dimensional Shifter and D.D. Crow does nothing. Lancea is a hard counter if used in response to Agent, but again, only for 1 turn. Droll and Lock Bird doesn't help since this deck doesn't draw or search a lot in one turn, and as mentioned early in the thread, Maxx C and Nibiru can easily be played around by not summoning as much. The most impactful handtraps seem to be Ghost Ogre and Gamma, but they aren't actually used as much anymore.

I believe EXU stands for Extinction Unleashed. It's the name of a custom card community on duelingbook where people share their customs that, for the most part, are decently balanced and have decent PSCT. I only know about it because someone told me about it a while back. They also have their own discord community and everything. https://limitlesssocks.github.io/EXU-Scrape/archetypes/Magistar
https://limitlesssocks.github.io/EXU-Scrape/

Return to “Custom Cards”