Custom Archetype "Paradigm Warp": Big Ships that attack the Main Deck

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Saraak
Mood:

Custom Archetype "Paradigm Warp": Big Ships that attack the Main Deck

Post #1 by Saraak » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:24 am

Hi, this will be my third go at a custom archetype. My last two needed major overhauls, but I hope this one won't as much. I decided to make this archetype because I needed a break from tweaking my other two.

The basic idea of the archetype is to summon the level-1 monster, then Special Summon the massive level 8-12 monsters from your Deck. However, these behemoths can't actually attack or deal damage. Instead, during the battle phase, they will be able to banish the top card of your opponent's deck equal to the number of them on the field. However, none of these giant guys can actually Summon themselves (only Summon the others), which means the level-1 (and field spell) are the only way to summon them. The main plan is to summon a lot of these and then banish cards from your opponent's deck, face-down, in place of attacking their Life Points. But Skill Drain will make them big hitters, but getting advantage out of Skill Drain via big unga-bunga damage is nigh-impossible due to how hard they are to summon. Agent (the level-1), like what actual agents do, is like a scout that checks what your opponent is doing and summons the appropriate disruption.

TLDR; The deck wins by milling the opponent, like facing a 'Pot of Desires' on legs, only you don't get to draw.
(Still not sure if this is busted because I've only seen 1 or 2 cards that banish from the top of the Deck, face-down)

Art Source: No idea. I googled image'd my way and cropped images I thought looked good enough, but the images are mostly from ArtStation or from something called Pixiv Fantasia. Kudos to the actual artists though, because they make me look like a guppy.

Cards: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7576368

Sample Deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7576372 (Standard going-first Deck)

Replays (Outdated):
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-26300464
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-26307003
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-26324613 (Recent Public Game, against custom LIGHT Machine Union support)

EDIT: On second thought, it is kinda busted I'm going to be reviewing this and see what to nerf, which will probably be the field spell. Maybe just make it Special Summon from the hand? Yeah, I'll probably do that. The Field Spell now summons from your hand 1 level 8 or higher archetype monster in addition to the Battle Protection and Enemy Deck Banish, face-down.

EDIT 2: I've added two new cards because the archetype looked a bit barren in the Spell/Trap department. Paradigm Warp Outpost and Paradigm Warp Reactor.

The ideal hand you want consists of 4 archetype cards. Agent, Outpost, Grid, and Emissary. Though, you can offset any of the ones (other than Agent) by using Agent to Summon Carrier and add the missing card(s). Though, it should not be your priority.
Last edited by Saraak on Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:36 am, edited 8 times in total.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:43 am

Please include on those bosses "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by .....
A) a card effect.
B) a "Paragidm Warp" card effect.

All the bosses psct & nerf: either [During your Battle Phase (Quick Effect): ...], or [During your Main Phase 2: ....]
Psct: You can just said "Cannot attack." Similar to Sphere Mode.

Agent psct. [If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card until the End Phase, and if you do, .....] Cost doesn't return themselves back (unless stated in another effect- Stardust Dragon), so it must be an effect, similar to Mekk-Knight Purple or Cosmic Blazar. I do not mind if shuffle back at the next End Phase, or at your next Standby Phase.

Mothership. Free Omni negation then pop but the same summon methods like others is not ok. Be more specific, like only Monster effect activation, or Spell */or Trap Card activation (not their effect). Maybe some cost would be nice.
I would prefer Warp Grid work as starter by SS a LV8 or higher bosses from your hand if you control no monster, or no LV8 or higher monster.

Which franchise did these arts came from? Also, so this is your mill deck. Well I guessed Holomyth can't do that anymore. ;)
You might want some Spells/Traps to increase the consistency and less bricks.
Have you try Fury of Kairyu-Shin, Torrential Tribute, Summon Limit, Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure?

Edited:
Oh wait, neverminded. I see the field had been changed, and you are running some monarch cards. But, 2 field compete with each others (especially Domain prevent the extra mill), a Tribute Summon & Skill Drain (Can backfire). I...don't think this work. (Except maybe Stormforth.)
Ok I'm done analysis them & giving recommendation. It almost been a hour of editing :lol: . Good thing you didn't reply yet.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #3 by Saraak » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Rocket2 wrote: Please include on those bosses "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by .....
A) a card effect.
B) a "Paragidm Warp" card effect.

Aight, that's understandable, but I want to exclude the normal summon/set, because you're going -2 just by tribute summoning even 1 of these things (technically). Preventing their Special Summons should exclude them from being abused, and are also future-proofed.

Rocket2 wrote: All the bosses psct & nerf: either [During your Battle Phase (Quick Effect): ...], or [During your Main Phase 2: ....]
Psct: You can just said "Cannot attack." Similar to Sphere Mode.

Welp, that saved me some space, but I didn't expect you to advocate a quick effect buff, but in hindsight, that sort of buff wouldn't matter in the slightest.

Rocket2 wrote: Agent psct. [If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card until the End Phase, and if you do, .....] Cost doesn't return themselves back (unless stated in another effect- Stardust Dragon), so it must be an effect, similar to Mekk-Knight Purple or Cosmic Blazar. I do not mind if shuffle back at the next End Phase, or at your next Standby Phase.

That makes sense, I thought the ',and if you do,' clause was sorta pointless if I could just put a ';' there instead, but it makes sense when put into that context. If Standby Phase is agreeable with you, then I'll be happy to buff the archetype more.

Rocket2 wrote: Mothership. Free Omni negation then pop but the same summon methods like others is not ok. Be more specific, like only Monster effect activation, or Spell */or Trap Card activation (not their effect). Maybe some cost would be nice.
I would prefer Warp Grid work as starter by SS a LV8 or higher bosses from your hand if you control no monster, or no LV8 or higher monster.

You have a point there, so I'll change it to only negate monster effects, as that's the most common card, and yeah that makes sense for Warp Grid, but then it'll conflict a bit with Agent. I'll also update Agent so that it can also require a face-up level 8 or higher "Paradigm Warp" monster. Not too big of a change. In regards to Warp Grid, that also makes sense. I have been bricking unless I open the level 1 starter.

Rocket2 wrote: Which franchise did these arts came from? Also, so this is your mill deck. Well I guessed Holomyth can't do that anymore. ;)
You might want some Spells/Traps to increase the consistency and less bricks.
Have you try Fury of Kairyu-Shin, Torrential Tribute, Summon Limit, Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure?

No franchise, actually. I just googled some space ships. Most of the lower-level ones are from something called Pixiv Fantasia, and the ones higher than level 11 are just from searching via related (also on google). I like how they turned out, especially when cropped. It gives them a sense of scale if you don't see the whole thing. (A side note, why do custom makers not crop their card art? It's easy in windows 10)

I didn't consider this particular toolbox of cards, but it definitely makes the deck more control focused. I just thought of them as some form of Qliphorts for some reason, hence the Skill Drain. Not overtly broken, but sounds like a fun way to play it. Although, in regards to Spell/Traps, I'm not sure if I want to add too many. I might try and make a continuous Spell and Trap each and play around with the effects. I'll be sure to include an 'EDIT' to the thread head as soon as I figure one out.

Rocket2 wrote: Edited:
Oh wait, neverminded. I see the field had been changed, and you are running some monarch cards. But, 2 field compete with each others (especially Domain prevent the extra mill), a Tribute Summon & Skill Drain (Can backfire). I...don't think this work. (Except maybe Stormforth.)
Ok I'm done analysis them & giving recommendation. It almost been a hour of editing :lol: . Good thing you didn't reply yet.

Oops. I changed the field spell to your suggestion before I read further below. Well, the suggestion buffed the deck anyway, so I have no reason to complain.

In hindsight, throwing a deck together in like, ten minutes, isn't a good idea. I didn't realize the monarch field spell was a... field spell, so that's embarrassing. Uncamoughlight is also expendable now that you mentioned this. You're right that Skill Drain can backfire for the deck, but I added it as a sort of, last resort, if the mill strategy is doomed to fail due to something like Necroface (which will just attack over, I realize now, I can probably remedy that w/ new Spell/Traps).
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Rocket2

Post #4 by Rocket2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:55 am

Saraak wrote:A side note, why do custom makers not crop their card art? It's easy in windows 10)

That is bec they are either lazy or dumb in their personal creations.
What Windows 10 program did you used?

Have you see Christen57 thread on just chopping image? Its longer than it should, but apparently both he and I used Paint.net too.
https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12576

Saraak
Mood:

Post #5 by Saraak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:40 am

I literally just opened the image with Windows 10 default image viewer, clicked the 5th icon at the top (the cropping icon), and then selected the square ratio. It is that easy (but I haven't made Pendulum Cards yet, so that'll be interesting)

Rocket2

Post #6 by Rocket2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:16 am

There was a chain mistake in the 1st try of the replay example. Just after Agent banish herself and resolve her effect, the trigger is then in motion with Outpost. But since both Outpost & the newly SSed Dreadnaught were SSed at the same time, you must & can either chain link 1 one of them (Outpost or Dreadnaught), and chain link 2 the other. A difference mistake in the 3rd example but with the same Outpost Spell.

I'm not sure about Reactor Trap but I guessed its fine of its existence. Although I won't run it in my decklist due to my plan in ignoring my GY & go for banish cards in the GY. You may want to consider Dimensional Shifter if going 2nd as side card, cause I think its a nice handtrap tech for this deck.

I don't think you should try to use another Field Spell, Citadel Whale, & Rage of Kairyu-Shin. Let said going 1st you successfully activate your Grid SS effect, and then you replace it with Legendary Ocean. Well that card is still pretty useless since in your 1st 5 cards hand, 2-3 of them must be Field & Rage. Which are unlikely.

Since the only Monarch card is now Stormforth, you may want to consider Pot of Extravagance. Although I'm aware it backfire with Moray of Greed. Testing will determine the better choice.

Why the change in Grid 1st effect changing from Agent not destroyed by battle to a gimmick change in opps' monsters LV? Any tech or combo with this?

Barrier Statue of the Torrent. Now there is something I didn't entertained. Tell me how it play out in your testing later.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #7 by Saraak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:33 am

Rocket2 wrote: There was a chain mistake in the 1st try of the replay example. Just after Agent banish herself and resolve her effect, the trigger is then in motion with Outpost. But since both Outpost & the newly SSed Dreadnaught were SSed at the same time, you must & can either chain link 1 one of them (Outpost or Dreadnaught), and chain link 2 the other. A difference mistake in the 3rd example but with the same Outpost Spell.

Yeah, I thought I'd make a mistake somewhere. Now I know the actual order of events, so it should be easy to remedy.

Rocket2 wrote: I'm not sure about Reactor Trap but I guessed its fine of its existence. Although I won't run it in my decklist due to my plan in ignoring my GY & go for banish cards in the GY. You may want to consider Dimensional Shifter if going 2nd as side card, cause I think its a nice handtrap tech for this deck.

Hmm, well an underwhelming archetype trap is probably fine. I could probably add additional defensive utility to it (which I had an idea of adding prior).

Rocket2 wrote: I don't think you should try to use another Field Spell, Citadel Whale, & Rage of Kairyu-Shin. Let said going 1st you successfully activate your Grid SS effect, and then you replace it with Legendary Ocean. Well that card is still pretty useless since in your 1st 5 cards hand, 2-3 of them must be Field & Rage. Which are unlikely.

Yeah, it was a side idea that I thought would come into play if I needed more removal, but I understand how unlikely it is to happen.

Rocket2 wrote: Since the only Monarch card is now Stormforth, you may want to consider Pot of Extravagance. Although I'm aware it backfire with Moray of Greed. Testing will determine the better choice.

Imo I think Moray of Greed is better to shuffle combo piece back into the Deck for Agent to summon later, but Extravagance is also better for the +1. I do wish I had more people on my FL to test with. I may have to resort to public custom games.

Rocket2 wrote: Why the change in Grid 1st effect changing from Agent not destroyed by battle to a gimmick change in opps' monsters LV? Any tech or combo with this?

I originally made this effect because I thought the first battle protection effect was useless because Agent can simply chain itself away with its quick effect. In its place, I added this effect so that Superdreadnaught could have targets to negate. It was actually the effect I wanted to add to the trap card, but it ended up looking a bit odd so I replaced a field spell effect with it.

I reverted the field spell change but added that level modulation effect to the trap card so that there'd be more utility.

Rocket2 wrote: Barrier Statue of the Torrent. Now there is something I didn't entertained. Tell me how it play out in your testing later.

If a public match accepts lmao. Nobody wants to play against a control-mill deck, unfortunately.

Rocket2

Post #8 by Rocket2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:23 am

Imo I think Moray of Greed is better to shuffle combo piece back into the Deck for Agent to summon later, but Extravagance is also better for the +1. I do wish I had more people on my FL to test with. I may have to resort to public custom games.

To me, I believe Extravagance is the better choice due to the fact that in a non-OTK deck, in mid-late game, it will always be lived, unlike Moray which only work best in your 1st turn, and not in an unfavorable situation later in the game resulting in a brick draw.

I originally made this effect because I thought the first battle protection effect was useless because Agent can simply chain itself away with its quick effect. In its place, I added this effect so that Superdreadnaught could have targets to negate. It was actually the effect I wanted to add to the trap card, but it ended up looking a bit odd so I replaced a field spell effect with it.

I reverted the field spell change but added that level modulation effect to the trap card so that there'd be more utility.

Oh so that was it. Maybe instead of focusing only on Agent or Superdreadnaught, maybe the effect is something that can be share by all the PW monsters, or aid in less bricks hand.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #9 by Saraak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:30 am

Recent public replay: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-26324613

The deck actually performed great, made a friend out of it too. (I probably messed up w/ Outpost chain links, but learning curve). Superdreadnaught and Mothership proved to be MVPs, and I remembered the effs can be used while in defense position, but not too sure if I want to have them be in attack position to use their battle phase eff. Oh, and I need to fix their PSCT, because it should say 'each effect' instead of 'the effect'.

Now I need to actually buff Bomber to target Spell/Traps so I can have some utility there, because I coulda really used some S/T destruction there.

Rocket2 wrote: To me, I believe Extravagance is the better choice due to the fact that in a non-OTK deck, in mid-late game, it will always be lived, unlike Moray which only work best in your 1st turn, and not in an unfavorable situation later in the game resulting in a brick draw.

Yup, the replay above showed why Extravagance would be extremely helpful. Moray just got clunky as the game progressed.

Also, definitely buffing the trap card further. I might just make the eff trigger when a card(s) is banished face-down. It's a unique condition, so I can probably go ham with the eff.

Rocket2

Post #10 by Rocket2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:57 am

I probably messed up w/ Outpost chain links, but learning curve.

Actually, both of your guys throughout the game, but learning curve.

Also, definitely buffing the trap card further. I might just make the eff trigger when a card(s) is banished face-down. It's a unique condition, so I can probably go ham with the eff.

I would nerf & psct Reactor banish effect by stating [If a card(s) is banished, face-down, from the top card of your opponent's Deck, by an effect of a "Paradigm Warp" card, except "Paradigm Warp Reactor": .....] This would prevent trigger by cost such as Pot of Desire, or a non-PW cards like Lightforce Sword & etc.

Edited:
Pls include "with a different name" on Outpost before the "from your Deck".

Saraak
Mood:

Post #11 by Saraak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:15 am

100/0 rated duelists kekw

Nerf added, but it would've been funny if activating Pot of Desires/Extravagance activated it. The requirement now leads to the effect of: shuffle 1 card from your hand or GY into the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. Should lead to recycling and hand fixing. Doesn't work if cards are banished by Dimension Fissure and Macro Cosmos lmao– I just realized I could recycle those floodgates. Changing to a "Paradigm Warp" card instead.

Rocket2

Post #12 by Rocket2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:57 am

Saraak wrote:Nerf added, but it would've been funny if activating Pot of Desires/Extravagance activated it. The requirement now leads to the effect of: shuffle 1 card from your hand or GY into the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. Should lead to recycling and hand fixing. Doesn't work if cards are banished by Dimension Fissure and Macro Cosmos lmao– I just realized I could recycle those floodgates. Changing to a "Paradigm Warp" card instead.

I don't mind the change. tbh I thought the shuffle opp monster was a bit dirty due to Mothership negation & pop, Grid banish, but then Reactor banish the opp only ED monster, and other forms of disruptions like Torrential & etc. So the PW archetype have draw effect, but pls rmb not to mess up with your Extravagance.

Zack223
Mood:

Post #13 by Zack223 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:24 am

100/100

Zacian best Pokemon he is fucking cool

Futuregamer

Post #14 by Futuregamer » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:36 pm

Nice idea for a common mechanic & aesthetics, not sure about the effectiveness. On average you'll be banishing 4 cards top per BP, and you'll be giving up both your extra deck and attacks for that. Mothership seems to be their only saving grace. You're also betting too much on agent. A single solemn strike on him will probably paralyze the whole deck.

Were they inspired by Iron Chains or Subterrors? Seems a mix of both.

Edit: I do appreciate that dreadnaught can give you an emergency attack if needed.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #15 by Saraak » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:33 am

In light of being overly reliant on Paradigm Warp Agent, I've added two more LVL 1 Psychic monsters: Paradigm Warp Emissary and Paradigm Warp Inquisitor.

The goal of these additions was to add some GY recovery and extend turn 1 plays to have more than just three archetype monsters maximum out. With Emissary, you ideally target Agent to Special Summon any archetype monster (due to it being LVL 1) from your hand/GY. With Inquisitor, you have a valid way to use your Normal Summon by using it as a whole tribute for a Paradigm Warp monster, and it has destruction protection by banishing it from the GY.

I do have the urge to add 2 more, but that's probably pushing it. There are enough archetype monsters as it is.

EDIT: In practice, however, I ended up making a 60 card deck. The archetype is slow on the first turn, but due to the effects of the new LVL 1 Psychic monsters, you end up being able to do a lot more as the game progresses. This is just from my solo testing of a 60 card deck, and I have no idea if a pure 40 card deck will work better, but due to Agent being able to summon from the Deck, just summoning it will allow you to have access to all the monsters in your Deck. This opens you up to being able to run all sorts of handtraps or floodgates as a 60 card deck.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #16 by Saraak » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:46 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-27845447

A recent replay I had using the sample deck, but as you can see, I'm a buffoon and don't know how chain links work. A basic yugioh mechanic that my brain can't possibly fathom. At least I saw where I failed to do anything. I should've summoned Bomber earlier to cripple his backrow w/ agent.

EDIT: I completely fkn forgot about Rage of the Karyushin in the GY. I coulda prevented the destruction eff on turn 3 or 4 but am pepega.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #17 by Saraak » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Been a while since I last posted for this archetype, but much has actually changed in regards to it (imo it's become a better archetype with help of a friend). I decided to take the time and list what these actual changes are. (If you want to look at all the cards or a Sample Deck, the links haven't changed from the first post)

-Reworded their Banish effects. Their Banish, face-down, effects are no longer Quick Effects but instead trigger At the end of the Battle Phase, and only banish up to 2 cards from your opponent's Deck. This means that it can only banish a maximum of 10 cards if there are 5 of them on the field, whereas the original version could banish 5x more than that with the same board.
-Reworked PSCT. Instead of referring to the monsters by Level, it instead refers to their Type (I.e. Machine and Psychic). This saves space, basically.
-Reworked Outpost effects. It now does not trigger unless a card is banished by a "Paradigm Warp" effect, face-down. This now allows either a) Send a "Paradigm Warp" card to the GY, or b) Shuffle a "Paradigm Warp" card from your GY to your Deck, and if you do, draw a card. It also additionally has a trigger effect that reduces the ATK of monsters attacked by archetype monsters to 0 (which only really works with the Psychic monsters that have 0 ATK, mostly because the Machines can't attack in the traditional sense. This combines well with the Field Spell, which makes the Psychic monsters immune to battle destruction).
-Reworked Emissary effects. She can now help facilitate plays with Agent, mostly in tandem with Outpost's mill effect by reviving them (at the cost of tributing an archetype monster, which will either by the temporary monster that was Summoned by Agent or herself). She also Special Summons herself if a "Paradigm Warp" monster leaves the field, which can either be from if Agent leaves the field or if the monster summoned by Agent leaves the field.
-Reworked Reactor effects. It no longer modulates Levels. It gains the following effects. A floating effect if an archetype monster is destroyed to summon another Archetype monster of a different Level. In addition, it also has this effect. During your opponent's End Phase, if you control a Machine "Paradigm Warp" monster(s): Negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent currently controls that did not declare an attack this turn. This is to enforce the gameplay that your opponent must enter the Battle Phase and attack (if going second) unless they want their board negated. This is a strong effect, but rendered lenient due to the fact that the Level 1 Psychic monsters have 0 attack and cannot be destroyed by battle (if the field is active). So there is a way to play around it, even if you don't destroy the Trap card during Main Phase 2.
-Reworked Dreadnaught. The original effect of SS a monster from hand was useless, so it now recycles a banished card. Still quite useless in short games, but helps the long grind games.
-Reworked Superdreadnaught. The targetted negate effect of Level 8 or higher monsters is removed. It's been replaced with a destruction effect if your opponent Special Summons a Level 10 or lower monster(s), which destroys 1 of them. Still Disruption, but we've gotten rid of the archetype's ability to hit big things with their Machine monsters. The interaction between any of the Lvl 1 Psychics, the Field Spell, and the Outpost Continuous Spell, should be able to replace the need for it, if not, surpass the intended interaction.
-Reworked Mothership. It still negates, but it is no longer an Omni-negate with a destroy effect. Only negates monsters, and if done so, the negated monster cannot declare an attack while it is face-up on the field. This synergizes with the Reactor Trap to make the negate semi-permanent (if the opponent doesn't link it away or something).
-Removed Inquisitor. Her purpose in the archetype has somewhat become unclear. I might re-add her with a new effect in the future, but for now, she's removed. There's simply no place for her in the archetype's gameplay style as of yet.

With all these changes in mind, there's actually a lot these 10 cards can do. Some test hand Replays and Scenarios with the renewed effects:
-A Good Going First Hand: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-32095768
-With just Agent in hand: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-32097218
-When attacking with a Psychic "Paradigm Warp" monster while having the Field and Outpost active: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-32097050 (Note that you MUST attack with your other monsters first before using the 'At the end of the Battle Phase effects', as you won't be able to afterward. Hopefully, there's no confusion) EDIT: Might be defunc because I forgot that two 0 ATK monsters crashing into each other means they aren't destroyed. My bad.

To reiterate the playstyle (as it's been a solid few months since I last updated this archetype):
The Deck can be played going First with hand traps, Torrential Tribute (With Fury of the Kairyu Shin to prevent your own monsters getting destroyed), cards like Summon Limit (due to Special Summoning only once or twice per turn), or even Barrier Statue of the Torrent (due to all the monsters being WATER monsters). We don't get stopped by Nibiru due to slow gameplay, but Ash Blossom still gimps Agent's plays.

It can also go second with Kaijus/Lava Golem/Sphere Mode, Dark Ruler No More (we don't do battle damage, so that also means Prosperity is good if you don't want to run Extravagance), Eater of Millions to get rid of some problem battle immune cards, or even Stormforth to Tribute their monsters. Linkuriboh and Relinquished remain options should you decide to not use the Psychic monster's effects.

TLDR; The deck became more Consistent and more streamlined in its gameplay. The Power of the deck is near non-existent if you count power as Battle Damage. Although, I'm sure of how to quantify its Speed. A solid 8/10 archetype imo.
Last edited by Saraak on Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #18 by Saraak » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:38 am

A recent replay of Paradigm Warp in action against Custom Zombies: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-36123542

As you can see, the deck is centered around a slow demise as the opponent's deck is destroyed.

This deck is also before the JAN2022 Banlist. If going by the new TCG list, we can also run Skill Drain at 3 (bruh Konami why) so that we can declare attacks with the beefy Machine monsters (sorta like Qliphorts gaining their original ATK/DEF) and 3 copies of Emergency Teleport, which should make it more consistent to summon all the main Psychic Monsters. The sample decklist will be updated to reflect this.

Also, since some time has passed and new archetypes are released, it might actually be possible to run this with other Psychic archetypes like PUNK, but I'm unwilling to perform any tests on that. Dogmatika Paradigm Warp might be worth looking into though, seeing as we don't use the Extra Deck either... which inevitably means that, due to not using our Normal Summon most of the time, we can afford to run Aleister the Invoker.

Jeez, this is actually a lot more meta viable than I thought it was initially back when I made it, even in current TCG. Probably even in OCG, due to its max summons per turn being around 3, and could even be lowered to just 1 to play around Maxx C, which also means it plays around Nibiru normally.

... Might have to bump the rating into a 9/10, just because it plays around MANY common hand traps.

EDIT: After the random thought about this archetype being played with Invoked Dogmatika, I came up with this 60 card list, compliant with the JAN2022 Banlist. The fact that this exists, and that I played a hand in creating it, is very saddening. I have NO idea how to optimize this further into a 40 card deck, but I'm not sure I SHOULD. Let that demonic task fall upon someone else.

Never did I thought I'd be afraid of my own damn archetype because of a random stray thought,

KTeknis

Post #19 by KTeknis » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:45 pm

After looking at your update at Paradigm Warp reminds me, I and Rocket2 once had a duel before, he uses your Paradigm Warp while I use an archetype from EXU called Magistar. It was quite an interesting duel, here's the replay if you're interested. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=471916-34361883
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #20 by Saraak » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:26 am

KTeknis wrote:After looking at your update at Paradigm Warp reminds me, I and Rocket2 once had a duel before, he uses your Paradigm Warp while I use an archetype from EXU called Magistar. It was quite an interesting duel, here's the replay if you're interested. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=471916-34361883

Yeah, Rocket2 really liked the idea for the archetype, so I'm glad to see that he's played it more than I did. He even helped modify and tweak the cards a few months ago.

I don't really know who or what EXU is, but based on the replay shown, it's just cemented that the deck is already as good as it can be without adding overtly unnecessary cards. I tried to add a new Level 1 monster a long time ago, but I can't think of anything unique other than just another extender. Though, I doubt it's even necessary to add another card considering that the archetype is already this consistent and good at what it does, which is banishing FD.

The field spell alone can sometimes ruin most meta decks by banishing important cards or bricks from their deck– like, especially if they're a Special Summon heavy deck like Tri-lusc; they might banish a revolt or two before they can search it for example. In your opinion, what do you think the deck is missing? Keep in mind, I still want this deck to have weaknesses, but as of this moment, I'm not sure what those are. Maybe the inability to deal battle damage and end the game quickly? Then again, that's rectified by Skill Drain (at 3).

(Goes on a tangent from here)

Actually, going over the common hand traps sounds like an idea. Impermanence, Veiler, and Ash Blossom might halt the Deck for a moment, but Agent can just wait until the opponent's Draw Phase and get 1 interruption out. Dimensional Shifter and D.D. Crow does nothing. Lancea is a hard counter if used in response to Agent, but again, only for 1 turn. Droll and Lock Bird doesn't help since this deck doesn't draw or search a lot in one turn, and as mentioned early in the thread, Maxx C and Nibiru can easily be played around by not summoning as much. The most impactful handtraps seem to be Ghost Ogre and Gamma, but they aren't actually used as much anymore.

Return to “Custom Cards”