Dreaqueans

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Futuregamer

Dreaqueans

Post #1 by Futuregamer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:05 am

Renamed from the original "Succubus" which in retrospect was too generic for my liking, "Dreaqueans" are an anti-link Pendulum Deck that focuses on Block Attack. They trigger their effects off monsters being in Defense Position and the Spells/Traps improve "Block Attack" while they are in the GY.

PS: They're one of my most popular decks, but people keep underplaying them to death, the replays I see hurt me. Alexa play despacito.

Card list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=4275693

Deck example list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=3267477

All my customs, here: https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com/2020/09/futuregamers-custom-archetypes-guide.html

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:15 pm

Still have some archtype names in your effects that need updating
Buy Floowandereeze

Futuregamer

Post #3 by Futuregamer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:02 pm

greg503 wrote:Still have some archtype names in your effects that need updating

Ty, fixed.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:14 pm

Narkissa and Ashling still reference "Dream Queen" (the wordplay for your current name)
Buy Floowandereeze

Futuregamer

Post #5 by Futuregamer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:21 pm

greg503 wrote:Narkissa and Ashling still reference "Dream Queen" (the wordplay for your current name)

That's not exactly what the wordplay is, but anyway, thanks, had only searched which of my cards had used "Succubus".

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:40 pm

What do you mean when you say they're "underplayed to death"?

Futuregamer

Post #7 by Futuregamer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Christen57 wrote:What do you mean when you say they're "underplayed to death"?

Folks are misplaying them, not taking advantage of their combos and losing games they should have won easily, underappreciating the decks afterwards.

I actually have a difficulty stat for all my archetypes, and somehow people keep playing the archetypes I have designated as the most difficult to pick up/play. "Dreaqueans", "Starfriends", "Malifestation", "Yamimakai" and "Voodoos" are my most popular ones, and every.single.one. of them is top in the difficulty scaling. Meanwhile fun stuff like "Almity", "Balleroids", "Gravemind", "Warworgs", "Orcesses" and so many others aren't played by anyone. Brings me to digital tears.

(To be clear I DO list the difficulty stat on the blog, for everyone to see.)

Saraak
Mood:

Post #8 by Saraak » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:45 am

The card art for the Dreaqueens made me stop and think about it for a while. How does this forum feel about the slightly more 'raunchy' card art? Is there an SFW line we can't cross? Is all possible card art okay as long as it shows no genitalia and nips? It just hit me so I had to ask.

Onto the cards, they actually seem like a fun deck but overly reliant on Block Attack, which was probably intentional. You're right that it seems like a hard archetype to play, of which I know I cannot play it due to my one braincell being limited to unga-bunga hit it very hard.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KTeknis

Post #9 by KTeknis » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:55 pm

Futuregamer wrote:Folks are misplaying them, not taking advantage of their combos and losing games they should have won easily, underappreciating the decks afterwards.

I actually have a difficulty stat for all my archetypes, and somehow people keep playing the archetypes I have designated as the most difficult to pick up/play. "Dreaqueans", "Starfriends", "Malifestation", "Yamimakai" and "Voodoos" are my most popular ones, and every.single.one. of them is top in the difficulty scaling. Meanwhile fun stuff like "Almity", "Balleroids", "Gravemind", "Warworgs", "Orcesses" and so many others aren't played by anyone. Brings me to digital tears.

(To be clear I DO list the difficulty stat on the blog, for everyone to see.)

Well most of us who tried other's Customs tries those who are either have interesting mechanic or theme, not to win a match. I mean who's not interested in an archetype that is basically Fluffals/Frightfur, but actually scary, or a deck that revolves around, of all thing: BLOCK ATTACK?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Custom Cards”