Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post your custom made cards in this forum
KTeknis

Re: Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post #21 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:40 am

Christen57 wrote:It would be better if you made it since you could edit it if you needed to if it turned out to be too strong or something.

Fine, I guess.
Card Revised and Inserted
Modification:
- Actually making them exist.
- Forumblitz Attack: Third Effect Removed due to effect's length preventing upload.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

KTeknis

Post #22 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:43 am

Saraak wrote:My Submissions for this Archetype

I can't find your card when I tried to search them. Have you made them public?
Also one thing: I can forcibly add your card into the cardlist if I should.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #23 by Saraak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 am

KTeknis wrote:
Saraak wrote:My Submissions for this Archetype

I can't find your card when I tried to search them. Have you made them public?
Also one thing: I can forcibly add your card into the cardlist if I should.

Oh damn, wait they aren't public by default? My bad. How do I make them public?

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. I changed the 'Available to' from 'Myself' to 'Everyone.'
It should be freely available now.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KTeknis

Post #24 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:13 pm

Saraak wrote:Oh damn, wait they aren't public by default? My bad. How do I make them public?

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. I changed the 'Available to' from 'Myself' to 'Everyone.'
It should be freely available now.

That's more like it. Also there's no "Forumblitz Apprentice", but "Forumblitz Archiver".
Regardless:
Card Added to the Cardlist

Saraak
Mood:

Post #25 by Saraak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:26 pm

KTeknis wrote:That's more like it. Also there's no "Forumblitz Apprentice", but "Forumblitz Archiver".
Regardless:
Card Added to the Cardlist

Oops, I'll be renaming it. It's more thematic if it's Master and Apprentice imo
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KTeknis

Post #26 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:34 pm

It's up to you. It's still your card.
Also why the heck this thread is tagged "On Fire"? Aside from Rocket2's word to Parhelia, It's been quite chill.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #27 by Saraak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:57 pm

Ty fam.
KTeknis wrote:Also why the heck this thread is tagged "On Fire"? Aside from Rocket2's word to Parhelia, It's been quite chill.

No idea. Someone might've preemptively marked it in preparation for possible altercations.

Christen57

Post #28 by Christen57 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 am

KTeknis wrote:Inspired by FEUniverse's Void Blitzare Adventure, a project where every user contribute to design level, character, weapons, etc to make a Fire Emblem Romhack together, I wondered if I can do the same with DB Custom Card.

So ladies and gentleman, I present you my project: Forumblitz Archetype!

The Project is simple: Everyone create and submit their own "Forumblitz" card to add to the archetype in order to make it a fully fledged Archetype.
Here's some rules:
1. Everyone can only contribute 2 cards to the Archetype. However, if there's low attendance, I might allow user who had submitted before to submit 2 more, user who haven't submitted yet are unaffected and therefore still limited to 2 cards.
2. The cards must be public!
3. All skill are welcome! Whatever you're new, still learning, or is a pro in Custom Card, feel free to submit your card.
4. Support card that aren't part of "Forumblitz" card are okay, as long as it specifically support "Forumblitz" cards. For example “Gem-Knights” have “Absorb Fusion”, “Crystal Beasts” have “Rainbow Bridge“, etc.
5. (24/02/2021) There's not really a theme or restriction to follow here. Just add anything you like to the archetype. It's okay for it to go wild.
6. (24/02/2021) I'm not taking balance into consideration for now. Maybe if this project is a success, I will make a second blitz archetype where it will be considered.
7. I might add additional rule just in case.

I'll start by submitting my own 2 cards.
Forumblitz Rookie
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2183281
Forumblitz Field Commander
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2183273

Current Card List: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7505254

Oh I thought the Forumblitz would be a warrior-only archetype, but now it looks like spellcasters were added, so could you remove the "you cannot summon except warriors" clauses from Forumblitz Scout and Forumblitz Attack so they could work with spellcasters too?

Also you forgot to add the third effect to Forumblitz Attack:

If you control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target 1 monster on the field, but if you do not have a "Forumblitz" card in your Pendulum Zone, you can only target your opponent's Attack Position monsters with this effect; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, change that target's battle position.

If the effect becomes too long then try removing "your opponent's" and have it just be "target Attack Position monsters". Also replace 'do not have a "Forumblitz" card in your Pendulum Zone' with 'control no "Forumblitz" Pendulum Monsters' to save space.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #29 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:55 pm

Since there's not much attendance in new card submissions, I thought I'd kick it back into action with 2 more cards. Enjoy.

Forumblitz Gunner https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2190397
Pendulum Effect:
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Warrior monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, you can reduce any battle damage from battles involving a "Forumblitz" monster you control to 0, and if you do, draw 1 card. "Forumblitz" monsters you control cannot be Tributed, except for a Tribute Summon.

Monster Effect:
If this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can target as many cards you control (min. 1); destroy them, and if you do, add "Forumblitz" monsters with different names from your Deck to your hand, except "Forumblitz Gunner", equal to the number of cards destroyed. You can target 1 "Forumblitz" monster in your GY; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz" monster from your Deck with a different name as the monster that was banished. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Gunner" once per turn.

Forumblitz Admiral https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2190399
"Forumblitz Synchron" + 1 "Forumblitz" Pendulum monster + 1 Warrior or Spellcaster monster
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by sending the above monsters you control to the GY (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). Cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects. You never take damage if the amount is less than or equal to this card's ATK. If a "Forumblitz" monster you control attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. When this card inflicts battle damage to the opponent: You can target 1 "Forumblitz" Spell or Trap card in your GY; either add it to your hand or Set it to your side of the field. That set card can be activated this turn. When this card leaves the field: Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz" monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack directly this turn.

KTeknis

Post #30 by KTeknis » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:Since there's not much attendance in new card submissions, I thought I'd kick it back into action with 2 more cards. Enjoy.

I think I should've specify when I allow second card adding. At least wait until I allow it.
I'm not adding your card yet, but I think it's time to set a deadline: By tomorrow Saturday, when I check it, if there's no new user submitting, I'll allow other's who had posted to post 2 cards again, except for you, instead these 2 cards will be added properly to the cardlist.

Renji Asuka

Post #31 by Renji Asuka » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:23 am

KTeknis wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Since there's not much attendance in new card submissions, I thought I'd kick it back into action with 2 more cards. Enjoy.

I think I should've specify when I allow second card adding. At least wait until I allow it.
I'm not adding your card yet, but I think it's time to set a deadline: By tomorrow Saturday, when I check it, if there's no new user submitting, I'll allow other's who had posted to post 2 cards again, except for you, instead these 2 cards will be added properly to the cardlist.

You should probably advertise this thread on the Main Menu if you haven't already.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

KTeknis

Post #32 by KTeknis » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:36 am

Renji Asuka wrote:You should probably advertise this thread on the Main Menu if you haven't already.

I probably could, but I think people at the Main Menu is quite hostile to Custom Card makers.

ShinRyu9

Post #33 by ShinRyu9 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:49 am

Ooh, this looks fun. I know this might not fit the archetype, but here's mine. It might a little too generic and strong, so I apologize in advance! This artwork is drawn by Kjus.

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2190680
Just an ordinary traveler passing through worlds...

Renji Asuka

Post #34 by Renji Asuka » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:16 am

KTeknis wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You should probably advertise this thread on the Main Menu if you haven't already.

I probably could, but I think people at the Main Menu is quite hostile to Custom Card makers.

Main Menu itself is a mistake
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

KTeknis

Post #35 by KTeknis » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:24 am

ShinRyu9 wrote:Ooh, this looks fun. I know this might not fit the archetype, but here's mine. It might a little too generic and strong, so I apologize in advance! This artwork is drawn by Kjus.

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2190680

The maximum number of card you can submit is 2, so you can upload a second one if you wanted.
Card Added to the Decklist
Since we got another submission, the deadline is extended to Sunday, 28 February 2021. Sorry Parhelia.

KTeknis

Post #36 by KTeknis » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:39 am

Also for Christen57's card, a lot of them are finally edited, but I had to butcher "Forumblitz Attack"'s effect because my God it's sooo long.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #37 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:18 am

Deadline has now passed, please add my two additional cards to the card list.

KTeknis

Post #38 by KTeknis » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:46 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Deadline has now passed, please add my two additional cards to the card list.

Oh, yeah, forgotten, also a bit busy with collage before.

For Renji Asuka, Christen57, and Saraak:You can post 2 more cards to the cardlist. . For ShinRyu: You can post three since you only posted 1 before.
As for Parhelia_0000: Forumblitz Gunner and Forumblitz Admiral has been added to the Decklist

Christen57

Post #39 by Christen57 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 am

KTeknis wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Deadline has now passed, please add my two additional cards to the card list.

Oh, yeah, forgotten, also a bit busy with collage before.

For Renji Asuka, Christen57, and Saraak:You can post 2 more cards to the cardlist. . For ShinRyu: You can post three since you only posted 1 before.
As for Parhelia_0000: Forumblitz Gunner and Forumblitz Admiral has been added to the Decklist

Well for starters, for Forumblitz Attack, replace "target 1 monster in Attack Position your opponent control;" with "target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls;" since it uses up a few less characters and is worded better.

Second, because of the way the Forumblitz Fusion Monster is worded (requires you to send a pendulum monster you control to the graveyard as 1 of the fusion materials) it can't summon itself that way since you wouldn't be able to pay that cost due to pendulums going to the extra deck instead of the graveyard, so it should be worded so it tributes the materials you control instead of simply sending them.

Speaking of the fusion monster, here are 2 more normal spells to go with it:

Forumblitz Admiration
Fusion Summon 1 "Forumblitz Admiral" from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as material. If only your opponent controls a monster, you can also use up to 1 "Forumblitz" Pendulum Monster Card each in your Pendulum Zone and face-up Extra Deck. You can only activate 1 "Forumblitz Admiration" per turn.

Forumblitz Retreat
Target up to 5 of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are on your field, GY, and/or that are banished; shuffle them into the Deck, then you can draw cards equal to the number of monster card types you targeted with this effect (Normal, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link). You can shuffle this card from your GY and 1 face-up "Forumblitz" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck into the Deck; negate the effects of all face-up cards currently on the field until the end of this turn. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Retreat" once per turn.

KTeknis

Post #40 by KTeknis » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:13 am

Christen57 wrote:Well for starters, for Forumblitz Attack, replace "target 1 monster in Attack Position your opponent control;" with "target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls;" since it uses up a few less characters and is worded better.

Second, because of the way the Forumblitz Fusion Monster is worded (requires you to send a pendulum monster you control to the graveyard as 1 of the fusion materials) it can't summon itself that way since you wouldn't be able to pay that cost due to pendulums going to the extra deck instead of the graveyard, so it should be worded so it tributes the materials you control instead of simply sending them.

Speaking of the fusion monster, here are 2 more normal spells to go with it:

Sorry I was overwhelmed by the collage tasks.
The Fusion Monster are unfortunately Parhelia's, so not much can be done about it unless he willing to cooperate.
Also one complain about me having to make the card myself is that I had to provide the artwork myself.
Maybe I could make a second blitz like this in which the user only post the card detail (and artwork, either optional or mandatory) instead of making the card itself to allow me to edit it myself, but I kinda pessimistic about it.

Card Created and Added to the Cardlist

Since I extended the limit for those already posted, I guess I should make 2 more myself someday.

Return to “Custom Cards”