Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Saraak
Mood:

Re: Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post #81 by Saraak » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:07 pm

Christen57 wrote:Also, Forumblitz Apprentice's quick effect proved to be a bit too strong during testing, so it should be toned down a little by making it not a quick effect.

Also, her text that says "This card is treated as a Normal monster while this card is face-up on the field or in the GY" can be made shorter by taking out the second "this card is" part so it just says "This card is treated as a Normal monster while face-up on the field or in the GY."

Also, instead of just "Normal Summon it to become an Effect Monster with this effect:" it should say "Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect."

I guess buffing it to two monsters per summon was too much when it was a quick effect, even if she only gets her effect next turn via normal summon. Fixes to the PSCT have been added and the removal of its Quick Effect status was applied. Hopefully, it proves to be more balanced now.

Although, how was it broken as a quick effect? Was it because you could just use her effect and keep her on the field instead of using it as material for a summon in order to use her effect on the opponent's turn– actually, typing that out made me realize how busted an effect like that I. Even if its on a gemini monster as a Quick Effect, Gemini Ablation can get around that completely and Special Summon it at full power. I may have to add a 'but banish them when they leave the field' clause to the effect too, and prevent summoning outside the archetype.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Christen57

Post #82 by Christen57 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:38 pm

KTeknis wrote:Changed some of Monitoring's eff
Ritual is now hand rip.
Xyz now attach 2 cards.
Link now SS James123's Officer Token (Also can't be used as link material)
EDIT: Also removed HOPT

Effects that lower the opponent's hand count tend to be unhealthy for the game unless it's specifically during the battle phase or something. I would change that effect so it makes your opponent draw then discard a random card or have you look at their hand and discard a card, instead of just them discarding.

Also the synchro effect of monitoring says "1 card your opponent control" instead of "1 card your opponent controls" so control is plural.

Singular subjects are usually followed by plural predicates, and plural subjects are usually followed by singular predicates.

Since "your opponent" is singular, you say "your opponent controls" where control is plural, but if when referring to your opponent as "they" then you say "they control" where control is singular, since "they" is plural but could still refer to just 1 opponent in yugioh.

The reason I say they "are usually followed" is because there are exceptions to this, like if the subject is "I" or "You". In that case, you would say "I control" or "You control" instead of "I controls" or "You controls".

Also, for the xyz effect of monitoring, you can replace "opponent GY to the summoned monster" with just "opponent's GY to it" to make it shorter and easier to read.

Also, I don't think the second protection effect of forumblitz scout is necessary, so you should replace 'Once per turn, if a "Forumblitz" card(s) in your Pendulum Zone would be destroyed by monster effect, you can destroy 1 monster you control instead' with 'You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters'

Forumblitz seems to already have more enough protections and whatnot.

Also, Forumblitz Attack's effect can be made shorter and easier to read by changing it to:

You can only use each of these effects of "Forumblitz Attack" once per turn.
● If you control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Special Summoned from the hand and have a "Forumblitz" card in your Pendulum Zone: You can target 1 face-up card; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, destroy that target.
● If you control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, change that target's battle position.

Having a total of 2 destructions, 3 searches, and a battle position change all on a single card seems like too much anyway so I figured I'd reduce it to 1 destruction, 2 searches, and a battle position change.

Also could you change forumblitz admiration's first sentence from
'Fusion Summon 1 "Forumblitz Admiral" from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as material'
to
'Fusion or Link Summon 1 "Forumblitz" Fusion or Link Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as material'?

Saraak wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Also, Forumblitz Apprentice's quick effect proved to be a bit too strong during testing, so it should be toned down a little by making it not a quick effect.

Also, her text that says "This card is treated as a Normal monster while this card is face-up on the field or in the GY" can be made shorter by taking out the second "this card is" part so it just says "This card is treated as a Normal monster while face-up on the field or in the GY."

Also, instead of just "Normal Summon it to become an Effect Monster with this effect:" it should say "Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect."

I guess buffing it to two monsters per summon was too much when it was a quick effect, even if she only gets her effect next turn via normal summon. Fixes to the PSCT have been added and the removal of its Quick Effect status was applied. Hopefully, it proves to be more balanced now.

Although, how was it broken as a quick effect? Was it because you could just use her effect and keep her on the field instead of using it as material for a summon in order to use her effect on the opponent's turn– actually, typing that out made me realize how busted an effect like that I. Even if its on a gemini monster as a Quick Effect, Gemini Ablation can get around that completely and Special Summon it at full power. I may have to add a 'but banish them when they leave the field' clause to the effect too, and prevent summoning outside the archetype.

What made her quick effect so strong was the fact that she could be pendulum summoned from the hand then normal summoned, without me having to normal summon previously that turn beforehand, so I could use her effect turn 1, and she could bring out 2 materials which makes 3 materials when combined with herself. Since it was a quick effect, I could unlock her effect, then use it turn after turn to bring out free monsters, specifically ones that triggered effects when they left the field or were used for xyz summons, generating even more advantage.

For now, I would just have it's unlocked effect be:

You can Special Summon 2 of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are in your Deck, GY, banished, and/or face-up Extra Deck, negate their effects, banish them during the End Phase, also you cannot Summon for the rest of this turn, except "Forumblitz" monsters. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Apprentice" once per turn.

It's shorter and easier to read this way.

Christen57

Post #83 by Christen57 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:39 pm

Also, who is the "Rom" guy that created Forumblitz - Tommy for this archetype? I'd like him to remove the dash in the name and change the effect to:

Equip only to a "Forumblitz" monster. It gains this effect.
● Once per turn, during the Main Phase, if the only Equip Card you control is 1 "Forumblitz Tommy" (Quick Effect): You can send 1 Spell/Trap you control to the GY, then target 2 face-up cards your opponent controls; destroy them.

KTeknis

Post #84 by KTeknis » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:30 am

Christen57 wrote:Also, who is the "Rom" guy that created Forumblitz - Tommy for this archetype? I'd like him to remove the dash in the name and change the effect to:

● Once per turn, during the Main Phase, if the only Equip Card you control is 1 "Forumblitz Tommy" (Quick Effect): You can send 1 Spell/Trap you control to the GY, then target 2 face-up cards your opponent controls; destroy them.

The one posted the cards is Renji Asuka, so It's probably his cards on his alt:
Renji Asuka wrote:Saw this post and it seemed fun.

Also I decided to throw in a card type a lot of decks don't use!

Forumblitz - Tommy: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2185906
Spell
Equip
Can only be equipped to a "Forumblitz" monster. The equipped monster gains 800 ATK. (Quick Effect): You can destroy this card, target up to 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them.

Forumblitz - Dual Wield: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2185914

Spell
Continuous
Once per turn if a "Forumblitz" Equip Spell is in the GY: You can banish 1 "Forumblitz" Equip Spell from your GY; Equip 2 Equip Spells to 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control. (1 from your hand and 1 from your Deck.) You can only use the effect of "Forumblitz - Dual Wield" once per turn.

I'm sure I worded the 2nd one a bit terribly, but you get the idea.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

KTeknis

Post #85 by KTeknis » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:45 am

Alright, Monitoring's Ritual eff is negate up to 2 face up cards.
Changed Scout and Attack's effect.
Also, for Admiration, I could, but one question is if that's the correct wording. Usually card effect that does Link Summon like that is worded like this: Immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon....
Also I don't know if you can make a card that uses hand as material for non-Fusion/Ritual?

Christen57

Post #86 by Christen57 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:28 am

KTeknis wrote:Alright, Monitoring's Ritual eff is negate up to 2 face up cards.
Changed Scout and Attack's effect.
Also, for Admiration, I could, but one question is if that's the correct wording. Usually card effect that does Link Summon like that is worded like this: Immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon....
Also I don't know if you can make a card that uses hand as material for non-Fusion/Ritual?

Plenty of cards exist that let you use cards in your hand as synchro/link material.

Code Radiator, Code Generator, and Micro Coder all say 'If a Cyberse monster you control would be used as Link Material for a "Code Talker" monster, this card in your hand can also be used as material.'

Mara of the Nordic Alfar and Malefic Parallel Gear have effects that specifically require you to use materials in your hand when synchro summoning with them.

Evilswarm Kerykeion and Constellar Sombre both say you can activate their effects to normal summon without including the "immediately after this effect resolves" part.

KTeknis

Post #87 by KTeknis » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:36 am

Alright, I guess. Admiration's effect has been changed.

Renji Asuka

Post #88 by Renji Asuka » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:41 am

KTeknis wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Also, who is the "Rom" guy that created Forumblitz - Tommy for this archetype? I'd like him to remove the dash in the name and change the effect to:

Spell
Equip
Can only be equipped to a "Forumblitz" monster. The equipped monster gains 800 ATK. (Quick Effect): You can destroy this card, target up to 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them.

Spell
Continuous
Once per turn if a "Forumblitz" Equip Spell is in the GY: You can banish 1 "Forumblitz" Equip Spell from your GY; Equip 2 Equip Spells to 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control. (1 from your hand and 1 from your Deck.) You can only use the effect of "Forumblitz - Dual Wield" once per turn.

Rom is actually my main on DB, Renji Asuka is just my forum name.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #89 by Christen57 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
KTeknis wrote:

Spell
Equip

Spell
Continuous

Well then, could you change Forumblitz - Tommy to just Forumblitz Tommy without the dash, and change it's effect to the one I described?

Also could you remove the dash from Forumblitz Dual Wield and change it's effect to this?

You can target 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control; return any number of Spells/Traps you control to the hand, also you can equip 1 of your "Forumblitz Professor" or "Forumblitz Tommy" that is in your Deck, GY, or banished to that target. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Dual Wield" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

Christen57

Post #90 by Christen57 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 pm

KTeknis wrote:Alright, I guess. Admiration's effect has been changed.

You forgot to include the period after "material".

Also, after 'You can only activate 1 "Forumblitz Admiration" per turn,' could you add 'You cannot Summon the turn you activate this card, except "Forumblitz" monsters.' to the end of it?

Also, you should change the ritual effect of Forumblitz Monitoring to just "Negate the effects of 1 face-up card your opponent controls until the end of this turn."

Cards never simply "Negate a face-up card". They either "Negate the activation" or "Negate the effects of a face-up card".

Also, when Forumblitz Rookie says 'all face-up monsters you control are "Forumblitz" monster," that "monster" at the end has to be plural since you're referring to "monsters you control" which is plural, so it's effect should say:

If you control no monsters, or all monsters you control are "Forumblitz" monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Rookie" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you Summon this card, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

It's effect to change a level to 4 is no longer necessary in my opinion since pretty much every monster in the archetype was already made level 4.

Also, for Forumblitz Blight Commander, you don't need those apostrophes in it's pendulum effect. There should be a period between "hand" and "You can only," not an apostrophe.

For it's monster effect, where it says:
If you control a face-up "Forumblitz" Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or Link monster, You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Forumblitz Field Commander" you control as material.

The "You" after that last comma shouldn't be capitalized since you aren't starting a sentence with it or having it after a colon.

Also, you don't need to say If you control a face-up "Forumblitz" Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or Link monster. You can just say 'If you control a "Forumblitz" Ritual, Fusion, or Link monster' without including the "face-up" part.

Also, it can be balanced a little by removing "Normal" and "Synchro" from the list of monsters you can control to summon it, making it so you need a "Forumblitz" Ritual, Fusion, or Link Monster only. The normal and synchro forumblitz monsters are too versatile and easy to bring out in my opinion to be included in what you can control.

Also, for Forumblitz Field Commander, I recommend either removing the first effect to make your monsters gain 300 ATK for each of it's materials, or changing the ATK gain to 500 or 1000 instead of 300 so it's easier to calculate in the player's head.

Also it shouldn't say 2 Level 4 "Forumblitz" Monster. with a period at the end. It should say 2 Level 4 "Forumblitz" monsters where "monster" is lower case and there is no period after it.

Also, where it says "for each Xyz Material attached to this" you don't need to say "Xyz Material". You can just say "material".

Also since there aren't any more forumblitz monsters with a level other than 4 you can special summon from the hand with this effect, you can replace:
Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Forumblitz" monster
with just:
Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz" monster
to make the effect shorter and easier to read.

Also, since Forumblitz Monitoring now has an effect to negate face-up cards, you should change Forumblitz Retreat's entire effect to:

Target any number of your "Forumblitz" cards that are on your field, GY, and/or banished; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw cards equal to the number of different monster card types you targeted with this effect (Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link). You cannot Summon the turn you activate this card, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

Renji Asuka

Post #91 by Renji Asuka » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:35 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
KTeknis wrote:The one posted the cards is Renji Asuka, so It's probably his cards on his alt:

Well then, could you change Forumblitz - Tommy to just Forumblitz Tommy without the dash, and change it's effect to the one I described?

Also could you remove the dash from Forumblitz Dual Wield and change it's effect to this?

You can target 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control; return any number of Spells/Traps you control to the hand, also you can equip 1 of your "Forumblitz Professor" or "Forumblitz Tommy" that is in your Deck, GY, or banished to that target. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Dual Wield" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

Shouldn't it say "You cannot Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

KTeknis

Post #92 by KTeknis » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:50 am

That's pretty extensive review there, holy heck.
I once thinked of giving Rookie another second eff rather than removing it completely, but I think it's already versatile enough.
For Blight, I was a bit reluctant at first to remove the Synchro part of the effect, but I guess it would give the deck too much OTK Potential.
Also for Field Commander, 500 ATK buff to all Forumblitz is a bit too high, so I go with removing the effect, but dang, he now has the second shortest effect in the entire Forumblitz, rivaled only by Tommy. I was thinking of making the ATK buff 200 or 100 instead, maybe it's also easy countable too.

Christen57

Post #93 by Christen57 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Rom is actually my main on DB, Renji Asuka is just my forum name.

Shouldn't it say "You cannot Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters?

I found that saying "You cannot Summon monsters" isn't necessary and that just saying "You cannot Summon" is enough. Cards like Backup Warrior already say "You cannot Synchro Summon the turn you Special Summon this card" without including "monsters". This is because whenever a card says you can't summon something, by default it is assumed that monsters are what you can't summon since you can't "summon" a spell/trap or "summon" something that isn't a monster anyway.

Christen57

Post #94 by Christen57 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:02 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:Here are my cards, enjoy!

Forumblitz Synchron https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2184281
If you control a "Forumblitz" monster, other than "Forumblitz Synchron," you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck to your hand, then send the top card of your Deck to the GY. When this card is used as material for the Summon of a "Forumblitz" monster from your Extra Deck, draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Synchron" once per turn.

Forumblitz Highlander https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2184290
Pendulum Effect:
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Warrior monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, if you do not have another "Forumblitz" monster in your other Pendulum Zone: you can add 1 "Forumblitz" Pendulum monster from your Deck to your hand.

Monster Effect:
"Forumblitz Synchron" + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
Must first be Synchro Summoned. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Non-Warrior monsters in your opponent's possession cannot activate their effects during the Battle Phase. If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Warrior monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated, also inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the original ATK of the Summoned monster. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. If this card is destroyed or Banished: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible (min. 1), and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

You can make Forumblitz Synchron's effect shorter and easier to read by changing it's effect to this:

If you control a "Forumblitz" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck to your hand, then send the top card of your Deck to the GY. If this card is used as Fusion, Synchro, or Link Material for a "Forumblitz" monster: Draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Synchron" once per turn.

Also you can make Forumblitz Highlander's effects easier to read by changing it's monster effect to this:

Must first be Synchro Summoned. If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 of your "Forumblitz" monsters that is banished or in your GY; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that target's ATK, and if you do, Special Summon it, but negate its effects. Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. If this monster leaves the field: You can destroy up to 2 cards you control, and if you do, you can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

and it's pendulum effect to this:

Once per turn: You can add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

Also you can make Forumblitz Highlander's effect shorter and easier to read by changing it's effect to this:

"Forumblitz Synchron" + 1 "Forumblitz" Pendulum Monster + 1 "Forumblitz" monster
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by Tributing the above monsters you control. Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. You never take damage if the amount is less than or equal to this card's ATK. If your "Forumblitz" monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. When this card inflicts battle damage to the opponent: You can target 1 "Forumblitz" Spell/Trap in your GY; Set it, and if it is a Trap, it can be activated this turn. When this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz" monster from your Deck in Defense Position.

Also you can make Forumblitz Gunner's effects shorter and easier to read by changing it's monster effect to this:

If this card is Summoned: You can target any number of cards you control; destroy them, and if you do, add "Forumblitz" monsters from your Deck, GY, and/or face-up Extra Deck to your hand equal to the number of cards destroyed. You can banish 2 "Forumblitz" cards from your GY; Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz" monster from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Gunner" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate either of this card's effects, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

and it's pendulum effect to this:

Once per turn, if you would take damage from a battle involving your "Forumblitz" monster, you can draw 1 card instead.
Last edited by Christen57 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #95 by Jedx_EX » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:05 pm

I see good progress made here.

Christen57

Post #96 by Christen57 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:24 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Here are my cards, enjoy!

Forumblitz Synchron https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2184281
If you control a "Forumblitz" monster, other than "Forumblitz Synchron," you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck to your hand, then send the top card of your Deck to the GY. When this card is used as material for the Summon of a "Forumblitz" monster from your Extra Deck, draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Synchron" once per turn.

Forumblitz Highlander https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2184290
Pendulum Effect:
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Warrior monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, if you do not have another "Forumblitz" monster in your other Pendulum Zone: you can add 1 "Forumblitz" Pendulum monster from your Deck to your hand.

Monster Effect:
Must first be Synchro Summoned. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Non-Warrior monsters in your opponent's possession cannot activate their effects during the Battle Phase. If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Warrior monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated, also inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the original ATK of the Summoned monster. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. If this card is destroyed or Banished: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible (min. 1), and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

I just realized I made a grammar mistake with Forumblitz Admiral. Where it says "inflicts battle damage to the opponent" it should instead say "inflicts battle damage to your opponent".

Also, you can make Forumblitz Highlander's effect shorter and easier to read by changing it's monster effect to this:

"Forumblitz Synchron" + 1 non-Tuner "Forumblitz" monster
If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Warrior monster in your GY; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its ATK, and if you do, Special Summon it, but negate its effects. Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. When this monster leaves the field: You can destroy up to 2 cards you control, and if you do, you can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Also you can make Forumblitz Gunner's pendulum effect shorter and easier to read by changing the entire effect to just this:

During the turn you activate this card, you cannot Summon, except "Forumblitz" monsters. Once per turn, if you would take damage from a battle involving your "Forumblitz" monster, you can draw 1 card instead.

KTeknis wrote:That's pretty extensive review there, holy heck.
I once thinked of giving Rookie another second eff rather than removing it completely, but I think it's already versatile enough.
For Blight, I was a bit reluctant at first to remove the Synchro part of the effect, but I guess it would give the deck too much OTK Potential.
Also for Field Commander, 500 ATK buff to all Forumblitz is a bit too high, so I go with removing the effect, but dang, he now has the second shortest effect in the entire Forumblitz, rivaled only by Tommy. I was thinking of making the ATK buff 200 or 100 instead, maybe it's also easy countable too.

You can make Forumblitz Field Commander's effect a soft once per turn instead of a hard once per turn. A hard once per turn isn't necessary.

Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz" monster from your hand. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

Also, it's materials should say "Forumblitz" monsters not "Forumblitz" Monsters.

You never put a period at the end of a monster's listed Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Materials, and you only capitalize that M if you're starting a sentence with it, using it right after a colon, or specifically referring to Normal Monsters, Effect Monsters, Ritual Monsters, Fusion Monsters, Synchro Monsters, Xyz Monsters, Pendulum Monsters, or Link Monsters. You don't capitalize the M when you're referring to just "Forumblitz" monsters. When you're referring to an archetype's name followed by "monsters" then monsters is lower case, but when you're starting a sentence with monsters, having monsters right after a colon, or referring specifically to Normal, Effect, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, or Link "Monsters" then monsters is upper case.

Speaking of which, where Forumblitz Monitoring says "but it cannot be used as Link material," the word "material" should be capitalized since you're referring to a link material.

james123 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2204546
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2204544

Where Forumblitz Corps says "but it cannot be used as Link material," the word "material" should be capitalized since you're referring to a link material.

Also you should change Forumblitz Corps's pendulum effect to this:

You can add 1 of your "Forumblitz" cards that is in your Deck, GY, banished, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Corps" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

Also you can make Forumblitz Drop-Off's effect easier to read by changing it to this:

Add 1 of your Level 4 "Forumblitz" monsters that is in your Deck, GY, banished, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your GY; Ritual Summon 1 "Forumblitz Stealth Agent" from your hand by Tributing "Forumblitz" monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 7 or more. You can only use 1 "Forumblitz Drop-Off" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #97 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:48 am

What this? 0.o
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

KTeknis

Post #98 by KTeknis » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:41 am

Lil Oldman wrote:What this? 0.o

Just me trying to do small counity project on the forum. You're interested?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #99 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:46 am

KTeknis wrote:

Maybe, but I am more into gimmick decks. I like the idea, but it might not be for me.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Christen57

Post #100 by Christen57 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:53 pm

KTeknis wrote:

I noticed with Forumblitz Monitoring, where it says "monsters from your opponent GY" the word opponent should instead be "opponent's" with an apostrophe followed by the S since you're referring to a singular possessive noun. Also where it says "cannot be used as Link material" the word material there should be capitalized since you're referring to a specific kind of material.

Also can you change Forumblitz Scout's monster effect so instead of drawing 3 cards you draw 2?

Also Forumblitz Field Commander still should have monsters be lowercase instead of uppercase, where it shows the materials required to xyz summon it.

Also where Forumblitz Blight Commander says "Ritual, Fusion, or Link monster" that word monster should be capitalized since you're referring to the term Link Monster.

Saraak wrote:

Can you make Forumblitz Barricade's effect shorter and easier to read by changing it to this?

During the Battle or End Phase: Special Summon a number of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are in your hand, GY, banished, and/or face-up Extra Deck equal to the number of "Forumblitz" cards in your Pendulum Zones, but they cannot declare an attack this turn and their effects are negated. If you have 3 or more cards in your hand, you can activate this card the turn it was Set. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this card, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

Return to “Custom Cards”