Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Christen57

Re: Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post #41 by Christen57 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:02 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:Deadline has now passed, please add my two additional cards to the card list.

Because of the way your Forumblitz Fusion Monster is worded (requires you to send a pendulum monster you control to the graveyard as 1 of the fusion materials) it actually can't summon itself that way since you wouldn't be able to pay that cost due to pendulums on the field going to the extra deck instead of the graveyard, so it should be worded so it tributes the materials you control instead of simply "sending" them.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #42 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:30 am

Christen57 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Deadline has now passed, please add my two additional cards to the card list.

Because of the way your Forumblitz Fusion Monster is worded (requires you to send a pendulum monster you control to the graveyard as 1 of the fusion materials) it actually can't summon itself that way since you wouldn't be able to pay that cost due to pendulums on the field going to the extra deck instead of the graveyard, so it should be worded so it tributes the materials you control instead of simply "sending" them.

Errata is done, I won't bother posting the reworded effect here. Check the card link if you want to have a look.

KTeknis

Post #44 by KTeknis » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:17 am

james123 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2204546
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2204544

Welp, we got all 6 Summon Mechanic now. Pretty neat.

Card Added to the Cardlist
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

KTeknis

Post #45 by KTeknis » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:34 pm

Well, since I extended the limit for those who has uploaded, I decided to Upload 2 more cards myself:

Forumblitz Blight Commander
I think I just made my first "Parhelia Tier" card.
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2205476

Forumblitz Monitoring
We got all type of Summoning Method here (Except Tribute Summon), might as well make it a D/D/D Clone.
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2205509

KTeknis

Post #47 by KTeknis » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:12 am

james123 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2206439

I only extended the limit to those who had posted their card before last Sunday, so sorry. You're still limited to 2 cards.
However I think I'll set another deadline. If by tomorrow Sunday there's no new submission, your "Corps" will be added to the list, and you can add 1 more card.

EDIT: Sunday.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #48 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:55 am

At some point, once you have enough cards to make a full deck, you should do a playtest and see how it performs, and provide your overall feedback on the deck afterwards. Would be interesting to see how this deck comes out in the end.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #49 by Saraak » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:16 am

KTeknis wrote:

Oh, yeah, forgotten, also a bit busy with collage before.

For Renji Asuka, Christen57, and Saraak:You can post 2 more cards to the cardlist. . For ShinRyu: You can post three since you only posted 1 before.
As for Parhelia_0000: Forumblitz Gunner and Forumblitz Admiral has been added to the Decklist

Alrighty, before I read further into the threatd, I'll post what I made.

Forumblitz Researcher: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2207266
Art Source: https://www.zerochan.net/2893037
Reasoning: I felt that the two I added earlier wouldn't be able to be used, so I gave a reason to use them.

Forumblitz Barricade: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2207276
Art Source: https://www.deviantart.com/kianchai/art ... 8732&qo=27
Reasoning: The Archetype looked like it didn't have any traps for defensive utility, so I added some.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KTeknis

Post #50 by KTeknis » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:08 pm

Saraak wrote:Alrighty, before I read further into the threatd, I'll post what I made.

Ladies and gentleman: Our first Trap Card.

Also this is kinda sudden, but I decided to add James123's Forumblitz Corps to the cardlist and allow him to add 1 more card. I felt that since we got more than 20 cards, it quite enough.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #51 by Saraak » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:30 pm

I think there's enough here for a 40 card deck (with some cards only having 1 or 2 copies), but not too sure how it'd perform.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Christen57

Post #52 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:56 am

Saraak wrote:I think there's enough here for a 40 card deck (with some cards only having 1 or 2 copies), but not too sure how it'd perform.

Your Forumblitz Trap has major spelling, grammar, and PSCT errors:

When your opponent declares an attack, and you "Forumblitz" monsters in a Penzulum Zone (min. 1), you can activate this card. Negate the attack, and if you do, Special Summon "Forumblitz" monsters from your GY equal to the number of "Forumblitz" monsters in your Pendulum Zones.

Should instead be:

When your opponent declares an attack while you have a "Forumblitz" card in your Pendulum Zone: Negate the attack, and if you do, Special Summon "Forumblitz" monsters from your GY equal to the number of "Forumblitz" cards in your Pendulum Zones.

Christen57

Post #53 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:12 am

james123 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2206439

Your Forumblitz Ritual Monster has some PSCT errors, most notably that it doesn't specify that the card(s) shuffled into the Deck.

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Forumblitz Drop-Off". When this card is Ritual Summoned, you can Shuffle 1 face-up card your opponent controls. If this card was Ritual Summoned using "Forumblitz Synchron", you can shuffle up to 2 instead. If you control another "Forumblitz" monster, this card cannot be targeted for attacks. Also, it can attack your opponent directly, but any battle damage it inflicts is halved if it does so using this effect.

Should instead be:

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Forumblitz Drop-Off". If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can shuffle 1 face-up card your opponent controls into the Deck, or up to 2 instead if this card was Ritual Summoned using "Forumblitz Synchron". While you control another "Forumblitz" monster, this card cannot be targeted for attacks, also it can attack directly, but when it does so using this effect, the battle damage inflicted to your opponent is halved.

Christen57

Post #54 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:46 am

KTeknis wrote:
Saraak wrote:Alrighty, before I read further into the threatd, I'll post what I made.

Ladies and gentleman: Our first Trap Card.

Also this is kinda sudden, but I decided to add James123's Forumblitz Corps to the cardlist and allow him to add 1 more card. I felt that since we got more than 20 cards, it quite enough.

As long as we have at least 14 main deck cards, it will be enough.

Also, can you change the part of Forumblitz's Admiration's effect that says "If only your opponent controls a monster" to "If your opponent controls more monsters than you do"?

KTeknis

Post #55 by KTeknis » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:22 am

Due to the onging flame war between Rocket2 and Parhelia_0000, I decided to evacuate from the forum. (I still hanging in DB, just staying away from the Forum) However, I will still visit this thread and continue the Forumblitz Project. Also, I will no longer extend the card limit for other user

Also if the flame war manages to spread to this thread, I will abandon this project.

KTeknis

Post #56 by KTeknis » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:38 am

Christen57 wrote:Also, can you change the part of Forumblitz's Admiration's effect that says "If only your opponent controls a monster" to "If your opponent controls more monsters than you do"?

Done.

Christen57

Post #57 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:55 am

KTeknis wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Also, can you change the part of Forumblitz's Admiration's effect that says "If only your opponent controls a monster" to "If your opponent controls more monsters than you do"?

Done.

Also, since a Ritual was added to this archetype, can you change forumblitz retreat's effect so it says:

Target any number of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are on your field, GY, and/or that are banished; shuffle them into the Deck, then you can draw cards equal to the number of different monster card types you targeted with this effect (Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link). You can shuffle this card from your GY and 1 face-up "Forumblitz" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck into the Deck; negate the effects of all face-up cards currently on the field until the end of this turn. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Retreat" once per turn.

KTeknis

Post #58 by KTeknis » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:59 am

Christen57 wrote:
KTeknis wrote:

Done.

Also, since a Ritual was added to this archetype, can you change forumblitz retreat's effect so it says:

Target any number of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are on your field, GY, and/or that are banished; shuffle them into the Deck, then you can draw cards equal to the number of different monster card types you targeted with this effect (Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link). You can shuffle this card from your GY and 1 face-up "Forumblitz" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck into the Deck; negate the effects of all face-up cards currently on the field until the end of this turn. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Retreat" once per turn.

Also done.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #59 by Saraak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:36 am

Christen57 wrote: Your Forumblitz Trap has major spelling, grammar, and PSCT errors:

Fixed now, ty.

Christen57

Post #60 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:29 am

Alright, I made my own deck out of these Forumblitz cards, did some testing in solo mode, and here are some 1 card combos and some 2 card combos with the deck.

This how I decided to build my deck for these combos (I didn't include Saraak's trap or Forumblitz - Dual Wield because traps in general along with that continuous spell are bad/inconsistent for this deck in my opinion and I want to stay as close to 40 cards in the main deck as possible anyways):

Some 1 card combos with Forumblitz Synchron:
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26320333 Here I normal summon forumblitz synchron, then use her effect to search either forumblitz drop-off (which I then use to search forumblitz scout so I can activate it and search forumblitz professor) or forumblitz scout (which I then use to search forumblitz drop-off so I can activate it and search forumblitz professor). After I search forumblitz professor, I equip her to forumblitz synchron, special summon her from the spell & trap zone, and from there I do all sorts of different things. From there I can go into the link 2, the synchro, or the xyz, and after going into any one of those, I use forumblitz synchron's effect to draw an additional card. I went from 1 card in my hand (forumblitz synchron) to an extra deck monster, a card in my pendulum zone that I can use to search and protect from monster effect destruction and whatnot, and an additional card in my hand. This means I went +2 in card advantage off of that 1 combo.
Alternatively, instead of searching forumblitz professor, I can just search the forumblitz equip spell that has that quick effect that lets me destroy my opponent's cards and interrupt them during their turn.

Some more 1 card combos similar to the 1 card combo with forumblitz synchron, but this time using forumblitz scout and forumblitz drop-off as the starters:
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26320685
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26320799

Some 2 card combos with Forumblitz Synchron and either Forumblitz Rookie or Forumblitz Professor (or any way to get to these cards):
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26321496 Here I'm able to end on boards such as the fusion monster, the synchro + the xyz monster, the synchro + the link monster with it's "union" effect, the synchro + the other xyz monster, and I could also end on the synchro, xyz, or link monster + the equip spell to destroy opponent's cards during their turn, by summoning rookie, summoning synchron, searching scout, using scout to search the equip spell, then ending on one of those extra deck monsters.

Also here's a tier list ranking each of these forumblitz cards based on their current stats/effects at the moment, how good they are compared to each other after my testing, and why I put them in their respective tiers. Top tier is for the best cards. Bottom tier is for the worst cards. Also this tier list is somewhat objective based on my testing and how often I was using certain cards, but also subjective at the same time because I didn't fully test the power and potential of each card yet. This tier list will also change depending on any new combos that get discovered or if any of these cards get buffed/nerfed in the future.

Top Tier:

Forumblitz Scout, Forumblitz Drop-Off, and Forumblitz Synchron - These are the archetype's starters. Opening any 1 of these, along with any other searcher or level 4 forumblitz monster, will allow you to get your combos going and generate advantage. It also helps that Scout and Synchron can both be searched with Reinforcement of the Army.

High Tier:

Forumblitz Gunner, Forumblitz Rookie, Forumblitz Professor, Forumblitz Attack, Forumblitz - Tommy, and Forumblitz Highlander - These are going to be the archetype's extenders. None of them will function entirely on their own, but when combined with the other right cards, you can keep your combos going and either search, bring out more monsters, or both. The only one here that isn't an extender would be Tommy, but Tommy is still great because you can end on it and have a quick effect that lets you destroy the opponent's cards, disrupting them. Plus it isn't once per turn, so you can equip multiple Tommies and destroy many cards in a row.

Mid Tier:

Forumblitz Retreat - You aren't going to be using this early on in the game much. You're mostly going to be using this mid to late game when you have different forumblitz monster card types on the field, graveyard, or banished, so you can get the most advantage out of this card.

Forumblitz Admiral - It's the strongest forumblitz monster stat wise with multiple strong effects, but it requires 3 specific monsters to summon including forumblitz synchron and a pendulum monster.

Forumblitz Field Commander - It's effect is okay, not too bad, but not great either. However it makes up for this by being the second easiest forumblitz extra deck monster to bring out, with the link-2 being the easiest. Also it can evolve into Forumblitz Blight Commander if you control a forumblitz ritual, fusion, synchro, or link monster.

Low Tier:

Forumblitz Blight Commander - It's great that you can xyz summon this with just forumblitz field commander or else it would be bottom tier. It's immune to any opponent's activate card effects that do not target or destroy it, which is neat, and it can boost it's ATK by whatever it detached, meaning if you detach forumblitz field commander which has 2400 ATK, this which has 2800 ATK goes up to 5200 ATK for 2 turns, allowing you to run over stuff like the Apoqliphort boss monsters. However, the reason it's so low is because it has no way to regenerate it's materials other than that field spell that relies on the opponent's graveyard, because it's pendulum effect to add a pendulum from only the graveyard to the hand and not also from the face-up extra deck makes no sense since pendulums usually end up in the extra deck, because it has to destroy your own pendulum cards for it to put itself in the pendulum zone, and because it doesn't have that effect that allows it to be pendulum summoned back from the extra deck if you can pendulum summon the same level as it's rank.

Forumblitz Researcher - It's nice that you can use any 2 forumblitz monsters to bring this out, but you have to use that terrible gemini monster and that union monster specifically in order to get the full benefits of this card. In fact, even if you made it so it got the full benefits no matter what forumblitz monster you used for it's link summon, it would still be mid tier at best since you have to attack to search the spell/trap and you have to get it off the field to add the face-up pendulum from your extra deck to your hand, meaning you wouldn't be able to search that spell/trap during your first turn since you can't battle on the first turn. This may be easy to bring out, but the reward for doing so is too small and not worth it.

Forumblitz Monitoring - The benefit this card gives you for special summoning a forumblitz ritual, xyz, or link monster is too small and not worth it. It probably doesn't even need that hard once per turn at the end since unlikely you'll be summoning multiple fusions and multiple synchros in a single turn anyway. The only reason it's not bottom tier is because the benefit you get from summoning the fusion or synchro monster is great, being able to draw a card and destroy an opponent's card respectively.

Forumblitz Admiration - It helps that if the opponent controls more monsters than you, you can fusion summon using monsters in your pendulum zone and face-up extra deck in addition to your hand and field, but it's probably still better to just bring out the materials onto the field and tribute them off for the contact fusion instead of activating this to fusion summon, since you're using up less resources for the same fusion monster.

Forumblitz Stealth Agent - While the spell for summoning this monster is awesome, this monster itself could be much better. It could be a level 6 so it can be ritual summoned using 2 of the level 3 gemini monsters, or it could instead just be level 4 so it wouldn't require so many resources to bring out and could be used for rank 4 plays and level 8 synchro plays. It's effects are useless turn 1 since it requires your opponent to establish a board so it's first effect can be used, and it requires players to be able to attack so it's second effect can be used, which can't be done on the first turn.

Bottom Tier:

Forumblitz - Dual Wield - This card would be okay if the forumblitz archetype focused heavily on equip spells like the noble knight archetype did, but forumblitz has only 1 equip spell that's already good enough, making this almost completely unnecessary to run in any deck. Also it doesn't help that you don't get to choose to equip cards from the hand and/or deck and must instead equip 1 from the hand and 1 from the deck specifically reducing this card's versatility even further.

Forumblitz Barricade - Unless the trap proves to be incredibly powerful and versatile, I prefer to not run any traps at all in forumblitz due to how slow they are, especially a very situational trap like this that requires the opponent to attack and requires you to have forumblitz monster cards in your pendulum zone and graveyard.

Forumblitz Archer - It's summoning requirements, the "effects" it gives off to whatever it points to, as well as the directions it's link arrows point to in general, all make no sense. Why does it require 2+ Effect Monsters with different names? That means it can't use the gemini monster since that's treated as a normal monster. It should just require forumblitz monsters like the other link monsters. Why are it's link arrows pointing up, right, and left? That means I can't put it in the extra monster zone since it will point to my opponent's monster and give their monster a benefit while it's left and right arrows remain useless due to it being in the extra monster zone. What's the point in having battle and effect destruction protection on it when Forumblitz Scout, Admiral, Highlander, and Blight Commander all have/give similar if not better protection? It's link arrows would be much better if they pointed down-left, down, and down-right, so at least then I can summon it to my extra monster zone and have 3 more open zones I can pendulum/link summon monsters to. This simply isn't worth the 2+ effect monsters with different names. You're better off using those materials for any of the other fusion, synchro, or xyz monsters.

Forumblitz Corps - It's effects are self-defeating and counterproductive. You want to destroy opponent's cards equal to the number of forumblitz monsters you control, but this is a link 4 that will likely require more than half your board to make, meaning you won't really have any remaining forumblitz monsters on your field after this is link summoned for you to use as "ammunition" for destroying those opponent's cards. On top of that, it can backfire and damage you as well as the opponent, meaning you will lose if you happen to have less life points than your opponent when you link summon this. It has to destroy a monster by battle and only by battle (instead of by either battle or it's effect), it has to send it to the graveyard meaning it won't work against other pendulums or anything that goes anywhere other than the graveyard when it leaves the field, it requires you to have an open zone it points to in order to summon your token instead of letting you summon it to any zone you want, and you can't tribute the token or use it for a link summon. It's pendulum effect is also bad. It's great that it lets you add something to your hand for free, but it requires you to have nothing in your other pendulum zone to use it. It costs too much in terms of resources to bring out, and the reward for bringing it out is too small.

Forumblitz Apprentice - It's a level 3 instead of a level 4, meaning you can't use it to synchro summon with forumblitz synchron or xyz summon the rank 4 monster, it requires you to burn up a normal summon just to get it's effect, it negates the effect of whatever it summons so you can't combo with it, and it banishes whatever it summons when it leaves the field, so if you searched a pendulum monster, you won't be able to put it in your extra deck to be pendulum summoned later. It's low stats, it's incompatible level, the negations it imposes on whatever it summons, as well as it banishing that summoned card when it leaves the field, make this card too difficult and bad to use or combo with.

Return to “Custom Cards”