Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post your custom made cards in this forum
KTeknis

Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post #1 by KTeknis » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:32 am

Inspired by FEUniverse's Void Blitzare Adventure, a project where every user contribute to design level, character, weapons, etc to make a Fire Emblem Romhack together, I wondered if I can do the same with DB Custom Card.

So ladies and gentleman, I present you my project: Forumblitz Archetype!

The Project is simple: Everyone create and submit their own "Forumblitz" card to add to the archetype in order to make it a fully fledged Archetype.
Here's some rules:
1. Everyone can only contribute 2 cards to the Archetype. However, after some time of inactivity, I might allow those who have submitted cards to contribute 2 more cards. (04/04/2020) Rejected card does not count toward this limit.
2. The cards must be public!
3. All skill are welcome! Whatever you're new, still learning, or is a pro in Custom Card, feel free to submit your card.
4. Support card that aren't part of "Forumblitz" card are okay, as long as it specifically support "Forumblitz" cards. For example “Gem-Knights” have “Absorb Fusion”, “Crystal Beasts” have “Rainbow Bridge“, etc.
5. (24/02/2021) There's not really a theme or restriction to follow here other than the card must be sensible and reasonable. Just add anything you like to the archetype.
6. (24/02/2021) I'm not taking balance into consideration for now. Maybe if this project is a success, I will make a second blitz archetype where it will be considered.
7. I might add additional rule just in case.

I'll start by submitting my own 2 cards.
Forumblitz Rookie
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2183281
Forumblitz Field Commander
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2183273

Current Card List: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7505254
Last edited by KTeknis on Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:08 am, edited 11 times in total.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #2 by Saraak » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:18 pm

I might want to give this a go. Do we have a theme on what the Archetype will generally do, or is it still up for debate? Also where did you get the images for your cards, an anime character creating flash-game?
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KTeknis

Post #3 by KTeknis » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:33 pm

Saraak wrote:I might want to give this a go. Do we have a theme on what the Archetype will generally do, or is it still up for debate? Also where did you get the images for your cards, an anime character creating flash-game?

Tbh I'm thinking that you don't need to follow a ceritain theme. Your cards could be a Sea serpent or any effect you like. I'm just letting people to go wild of what they want to add to the Archetype.
But if you wanted to follow something to base upon, check the current card list and see if you can think of anything.
Btw the images is from a mobile game "Gacha Club'", also avalible on PC. But you can use any artwork you like.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #4 by Saraak » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:41 pm

I'd prefer if we kept to a consistent art pallete, but sure I guess it'll be fine if we all use whatever we want.

It might even end up as an archetype that tries make the other cards follow their own kind of playstyle. I'll try make a card later, after I eat dinner. It's nearly 10pm here and I've spent far too much of my time doing... unfortunate amounts of things.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KTeknis

Post #5 by KTeknis » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Tbh by the response of 2 people (1 PM'ed me), I'm thinking of at least giving some kind of playstyle the player would create (like making beatdown deck, etc) since i fear the Project night died out from inconsistency. But since i haven't done anything like this before, i decided not to add restriction yet.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #6 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Here are my cards, enjoy!

Forumblitz Synchron https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2184281
If you control a "Forumblitz" monster, other than "Forumblitz Synchron," you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck to your hand, then send the top card of your Deck to the GY. When this card is used as material for the Summon of a "Forumblitz" monster from your Extra Deck, draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Synchron" once per turn.

Forumblitz Highlander https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2184290
Pendulum Effect:
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Warrior monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, if you do not have another "Forumblitz" monster in your other Pendulum Zone: you can add 1 "Forumblitz" Pendulum monster from your Deck to your hand.

Monster Effect:
"Forumblitz Synchron" + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
Must first be Synchro Summoned. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Non-Warrior monsters in your opponent's possession cannot activate their effects during the Battle Phase. If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Warrior monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated, also inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the original ATK of the Summoned monster. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. If this card is destroyed or Banished: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible (min. 1), and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

KTeknis

Post #7 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:12 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Here are my cards, enjoy!

No hard feeling, eh? Good to see you contributing :D
Card Added to Cardlist.

Rocket2

Post #8 by Rocket2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:19 am

KTeknis wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Here are my cards, enjoy!

No hard feeling, eh? Good to see you contributing :D
Card Added to Cardlist.

But unbalance & small texts as always. :roll: Didn't he left the forum?

KTeknis

Post #9 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:23 am

Rocket2 wrote:But unbalance & small texts as always. :roll: Didn't he left the forum?

For now, I'm not taking balance into consideration.
Maybe if this project get quite an attention, I'll make another blitz archetype like this with a bit sensible restriction.

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:50 am

Saw this post and it seemed fun.

Also I decided to throw in a card type a lot of decks don't use!

Forumblitz - Tommy: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2185906
Spell
Equip
Can only be equipped to a "Forumblitz" monster. The equipped monster gains 800 ATK. (Quick Effect): You can destroy this card, target up to 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them.

Forumblitz - Dual Wield: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2185914

Spell
Continuous
Once per turn if a "Forumblitz" Equip Spell is in the GY: You can banish 1 "Forumblitz" Equip Spell from your GY; Equip 2 Equip Spells to 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control. (1 from your hand and 1 from your Deck.) You can only use the effect of "Forumblitz - Dual Wield" once per turn.

I'm sure I worded the 2nd one a bit terribly, but you get the idea.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

KTeknis

Post #11 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:59 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Saw this post and it seemed fun.

Thanks! About time we got a spells. Although tbh I'm not expecting equips.
Card Added to Cardlist.

Renji Asuka

Post #12 by Renji Asuka » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:00 am

KTeknis wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Saw this post and it seemed fun.

Thanks! About time we got a spells. Although tbh I'm not expecting equips.
Card Added to Cardlist.

I can't help it ;-; I LOVE equip spells. Axe of Despair is my favorite Equip Spell of all time :D
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #13 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:47 am

Let me know if we're not getting enough activity, I'd be more than happy to contribute 2 more if there's not enough involvement.

Christen57

Post #14 by Christen57 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:54 am

To go with Forumblitz highlander:

Forumblitz Scout
Warrior / Pendulum / Effect
Level 4 / Scale 9
Attribute: WIND
Atk/Def: 1600/1600

Monster Effect:
If this card leaves the field: You can have your opponent pick 1 of these effects for you to apply.
● You can add to your hand or Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz" monster from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck.
● You can shuffle up to 5 cards from your field, GY, and/or face-up Extra Deck into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.
You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Scout" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you Summon this card, except Warrior monsters.

Pendulum Effect:
You can add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Scout" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except Warrior monsters. Once per turn, if a "Forumblitz" card(s) in your Pendulum Zone would be destroyed by monster effect, you can destroy 1 monster you control instead.

And here is a continuous spell card for the archetype I guess?

Forumblitz Attack
Continuous Spell

Effect:
During the turn you activate this card, you cannot Summon, except Warrior monsters. You can only use each of the following effects of "Forumblitz Attack" once per turn.
● If you control a Normal or Flip Summoned "Forumblitz" monster: You can target 1 card on the field, but if you control no Flip Summoned "Forumblitz" monsters, you can only target face-up cards with this effect; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, destroy that target.
● If you control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Special Summoned from the hand and have a "Forumblitz" card in your Pendulum Zone: You can target 1 card on the field, but if you do not control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Pendulum Summoned from the hand, or you do not have 2 "Forumblitz" cards in your Pendulum Zones, you can only target face-up cards with this effect; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, destroy that target.
● If you control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target 1 monster on the field, but if you do not have a "Forumblitz" card in your Pendulum Zone, you can only target your opponent's Attack Position monsters with this effect; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, change that target's battle position.

KTeknis wrote:Inspired by FEUniverse's Void Blitzare Adventure, a project where every user contribute to design level, character, weapons, etc to make a Fire Emblem Romhack together, I wondered if I can do the same with DB Custom Card.

The Project is simple: Everyone create and submit their own "Forumblitz" card to add to the archetype in order to make it a fully fledged Archetype.
Here's some rules:
1. Everyone can only contribute 2 cards to the Archetype. However, if there's low attendance, I might allow user who had submitted before to submit 2 more, user who haven't submitted yet are unaffected and therefore still limited to 2 cards.
3. All skill are welcome! Whatever you're new, still learning, or is a pro in Custom Card, feel free to submit your card.
4. Support card that aren't part of "Forumblitz" card are okay, as long as it specifically support "Forumblitz" cards. For example “Gem-Knights” have “Absorb Fusion”, “Crystal Beasts” have “Rainbow Bridge“, etc.
5. (24/02/2021) There's not really a theme or restriction to follow here. Just add anything you like to the archetype. It's okay for it to go wild.
6. (24/02/2021) I'm not taking balance into consideration for now. Maybe if this project is a success, I will make a second blitz archetype where it will be considered.

Forumblitz Rookie

Forumbllitz Rookie has some minor grammar/PSCT errors.

If you control no monster, or all monster you control are "Forumblitz" monster, It should be "monsters" not "monster. you can Special Summon this card from your hand. There should be parentheses surrounding "from your hand" here so players know this effect doesn't start a chain. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control that have a level; You don't need to say "that have a level". You can simply say target 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control; It's level become 4. It should be "its" not "It's". In yugioh, "its" almost never uses an apostrophe and is not capitalized unless you're starting a sentence with it or having it right after a colon.

Field Commander's effect says "Forumblitz monster you control gain 300 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it." Is this referring to each material attached to that Field Commander itself, or is it referring to each material attached to each of those monsters?

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #15 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:56 am

Christen57 wrote:To go with Forumblitz highlander:

Forumblitz Scout
Warrior / Pendulum / Effect
Level 4 / Scale 9
Attribute: WIND
Atk/Def: 1600/1600

Monster Effect:
If this card leaves the field: You can have your opponent pick 1 of these effects for you to apply.
● You can add to your hand or Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz" monster from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck.
● You can shuffle up to 5 cards from your field, GY, and/or face-up Extra Deck into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.
You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Scout" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you Summon this card, except Warrior monsters.

Pendulum Effect:
You can add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Scout" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except Warrior monsters. Once per turn, if a "Forumblitz" card(s) in your Pendulum Zone would be destroyed by monster effect, you can destroy 1 monster you control instead.

And here is a continuous spell card for the archetype I guess?

Forumblitz Attack
Continuous Spell

Effect:
During the turn you activate this card, you cannot Summon, except Warrior monsters. You can only use each of the following effects of "Forumblitz Attack" once per turn.
● If you control a Normal or Flip Summoned "Forumblitz" monster: You can target 1 card on the field, but if you control no Flip Summoned "Forumblitz" monsters, you can only target face-up cards with this effect; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, destroy that target.
● If you control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Special Summoned from the hand and have a "Forumblitz" card in your Pendulum Zone: You can target 1 card on the field, but if you do not control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Pendulum Summoned from the hand, or you do not have 2 "Forumblitz" cards in your Pendulum Zones, you can only target face-up cards with this effect; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, destroy that target.
● If you control a "Forumblitz" monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can target 1 monster on the field, but if you do not have a "Forumblitz" card in your Pendulum Zone, you can only target your opponent's Attack Position monsters with this effect; add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your Deck, GY, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand, and if you do, change that target's battle position.

KTeknis wrote:Inspired by FEUniverse's Void Blitzare Adventure, a project where every user contribute to design level, character, weapons, etc to make a Fire Emblem Romhack together, I wondered if I can do the same with DB Custom Card.

Here's some rules:
1. Everyone can only contribute 2 cards to the Archetype. However, if there's low attendance, I might allow user who had submitted before to submit 2 more, user who haven't submitted yet are unaffected and therefore still limited to 2 cards.
5. (24/02/2021) There's not really a theme or restriction to follow here. Just add anything you like to the archetype. It's okay for it to go wild.

Forumblitz Rookie

Forumbllitz Rookie has some minor grammar/PSCT errors.

If you control no monster, or all monster you control are "Forumblitz" monster, It should be "monsters" not "monster. you can Special Summon this card from your hand. There should be parentheses surrounding "from your hand" here so players know this effect doesn't start a chain. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control that have a level; You don't need to say "that have a level". You can simply say target 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control; It's level become 4. It should be "its" not "It's". In yugioh, "its" almost never uses an apostrophe and is not capitalized unless you're starting a sentence with it or having it right after a colon.

Field Commander's effect says "Forumblitz monster you control gain 300 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it." Is this referring to each material attached to that Field Commander itself, or is it referring to each material attached to each of those monsters?

Uhhh, I think KTeknis meant that you should create the card itself and make it public.

KTeknis

Post #16 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:05 am

Thanks for the advice. Field Commander's effect is supposed to be monster attached to Field Commander itself.

parhelia_0000 wrote:Uhhh, I think KTeknis meant that you should create the card itself and make it public.

Yes, I meant for Christen57 and everyone that want to participate to make the card yourself, then make it public.
Card Cannot be Added
Reason: Not exist yet.

Christen57

Post #17 by Christen57 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:16 am

KTeknis wrote:Thanks for the advice. Field Commander's effect is supposed to be monster attached to Field Commander itself.

parhelia_0000 wrote:Uhhh, I think KTeknis meant that you should create the card itself and make it public.

Yes, I meant for Christen57 and everyone that want to participate to make the card yourself, then make it public.
Card Cannot be Added
Reason: Not exist yet.

I was thinking you could make it?

KTeknis

Post #18 by KTeknis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:21 am

Christen57 wrote:I was thinking you could make it?

I could, but I wanted the card to have your name in the bottom left of the corner. If I make it myself, then it will bear my name.
I always thinked it would be cool to have an archetype with different author displayed for each card on the bottom left corner.

Christen57

Post #19 by Christen57 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:26 am

KTeknis wrote:
Christen57 wrote:I was thinking you could make it?

I could, but I wanted the card to have your name in the bottom left of the corner. If I make it myself, then it will bear my name.
I always thinked it would be cool to have an archetype with different author displayed for each card on the bottom left corner.

It would be better if you made it since you could edit it if you needed to if it turned out to be too strong or something.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #20 by Saraak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 am

My Submissions for this Archetype

Forumblitz Apprentice: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2186144
Art Source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/73471107
Reasoning: I wanted the archetype to have some delayed combo potential. This Gemini monster is weak, and will likely be destroyed in the first turn without protection, but the pay of in doing so is Special Summoning a "Forumblitz" from the Deck. You can use this to SS Synchron and go off into either Link or Synchro plays. (And maybe Xyz if someone else makes a Level 3 for the Archetype).

Forumblitx Professor: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2186190
Art Source: https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/586945763920025780/
Reasoning: This is the protection I wanted for the Gemini card, a Union card. This card would protect a Forumblitz monster from being selected as an attack target to try to stall out for a turn, but can still be destroyed by Card Effects. In addition, this card can be used to go into Rank 4 plays with other Forumblitz monsters.

Return to “Custom Cards”