Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Saraak
Mood:

Re: Forumblitz: Let's make an archetype together!

Post #61 by Saraak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:09 am

Welp, at least 1 card I made ended up being a usable staple (Professor), and that's good enough for me.

You're right that the Researcher doesn't really do much even with the full benefits. I can probably buff it, but then that'd be outdating this high-effort post, which is kinda sucky imo. However, if I did buff it, I'd at least give it an omni-negate when summoned with the Gemini w/ the cost of banishing from the GY 1 archetype card, and make the eff when summoned by the Union a once per turn protection eff for any archetype card.

Sad to see Apprentice get yeeted into bottom-tier though, I liked that one. I kinda hoped people would make some level 7 synchros, but none ever arose. Also, you're right that it's way too slow for the type of deck this ended up becoming, so if I had to buff it, probably remove the banish effect and make it a banish from GY to SS from the Deck instead of once per turn, balanced by the fact its a Gemini monster and getting it out w/ its effect is incredibly hard (except with cards like Supervise). Oh, and make it level 4.

Big oof to the trap. No idea how to buff it, other than allowing it to be used from the hand if you control no monsters (and removing the when attacked requirement).

Hindsight is usually never 20/20, but I'm glad to see the archetype looks good to use.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

KTeknis

Post #62 by KTeknis » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:53 am

So somehow Blight Commander got into lower tier, despite my attempt to make it on par with Highlander, I think I instead made the deck equivalent of Utopia Double. Tbh I think it's fine for it to sit there, I'll just make it Pendulum Summonable just for the sake of it.
Also, One idea about the field spell is that It gain effect depending of what you control instead of activating one on summoning.
Other than that, I think I'm happy that at least 1 sit on higher tier, while the other is on the mid.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

KTeknis

Post #63 by KTeknis » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:23 pm

Anyway, I forgot to tell, I heard from Rocket2 that the conflict has ended for now. For that I no longer under "Evacuation Mode". Still no card limit extending for now though, sorry.

Christen57

Post #64 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:13 pm

KTeknis wrote:So somehow Blight Commander got into lower tier, despite my attempt to make it on par with Highlander, I think I instead made the deck equivalent of Utopia Double. Tbh I think it's fine for it to sit there, I'll just make it Pendulum Summonable just for the sake of it.
Also, One idea about the field spell is that It gain effect depending of what you control instead of activating one on summoning.
Other than that, I think I'm happy that at least 1 sit on higher tier, while the other is on the mid.

I wanted to put it to at least mid tier, but it's summoning requirements were just too strict for that. To get this out, you need to either use 2 materials for forumblitz field commander, then use at least 2 more materials for any of the other ritual, synchro, or link monsters, meaning you use up 4 materials to bring this out, or use a total of 4 level 4 materials for this.

Number 39 Utopia on the other hand, can be made entirely with just 2 materials, which you can then evolve into Utopia Ray, which you can then evolve into Utopia The Lightning, so for 2 turns you can boost it's ATK to 5000. Utopia Double can also be made with just 2 materials.

I would change it's monster effect to something like this:

3 Level 4 "Forumblitz" monsters
If you control a face-up "Forumblitz" Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or Link monster, You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Forumblitz Field Commander" you control as material. (Transfer its materials to this card.) If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. Unaffected by your opponent's activated effects that do not target it. You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 "Forumblitz" monster you control; it gains 2000 ATK until the next End Phase. If this card leaves the field: You can destroy up to 2 cards you control, and if you do, you can place this card in your Pendulum Zone. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Blight Commander" once per turn.

That way it can be brought out with less level 4 materials, it can also summon itself it's alternate way if there's a forumblitz normal monster, allowing you to make better use of the forumblitz gemini monster and the forumblitz token, it can actually be pendulum summoned if you can pendulum summon the same level, it's immunity is worded better instead of "Unaffected by your activated opponent's card effects that do not target or destroy them" which could be interpreted as the opponent having to use cards/effects that target/destroy themselves to affect this card, it's ATK boosting effect is changed to simply 2000 ATK instead of "the detached material's ATK" so even if a spell/trap becomes a material for this card (like Overlay Regen) it would still work, it's other effect is buffed so it puts itself in the pendulum zone no matter how it leaves the field and so it can destroy up to 2 cards instead of having to destroy "as many as possible" to put it in the pendulum zone, but also nerfed so it's effects are hard once per turn meaning you can't keep destroying it over and over to replace it in your pendulum zone infinitely.

Also I would change it's pendulum effect to this:

You cannot Pendulum Summon, except "Forumblitz" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. You can add 1 of your "Forumblitz" cards that is in your Deck, GY, face-up in your Extra Deck, or that is banished to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Blight Commander" once per turn.

So that way it can also pendulum summon the forumblitz monsters that aren't warrior and can also search cards from places other than the graveyard.

Christen57

Post #65 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:06 pm

Saraak wrote:Welp, at least 1 card I made ended up being a usable staple (Professor), and that's good enough for me.

You're right that the Researcher doesn't really do much even with the full benefits. I can probably buff it, but then that'd be outdating this high-effort post, which is kinda sucky imo. However, if I did buff it, I'd at least give it an omni-negate when summoned with the Gemini w/ the cost of banishing from the GY 1 archetype card, and make the eff when summoned by the Union a once per turn protection eff for any archetype card.

Sad to see Apprentice get yeeted into bottom-tier though, I liked that one. I kinda hoped people would make some level 7 synchros, but none ever arose. Also, you're right that it's way too slow for the type of deck this ended up becoming, so if I had to buff it, probably remove the banish effect and make it a banish from GY to SS from the Deck instead of once per turn, balanced by the fact its a Gemini monster and getting it out w/ its effect is incredibly hard (except with cards like Supervise). Oh, and make it level 4.

Big oof to the trap. No idea how to buff it, other than allowing it to be used from the hand if you control no monsters (and removing the when attacked requirement).

Hindsight is usually never 20/20, but I'm glad to see the archetype looks good to use.

I would change researcher's effect to this:

When an attack is declared involving this Link Summoned card: You can add 1 of your "Forumblitz" Spells/Traps that is in your Deck, GY, or that is banished to your hand. If this card leaves the field: You can add 1 of your "Forumblitz" monsters that is in your Deck, GY, face-up in your Extra Deck, or that is banished to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Researcher" once per turn.

I would make the gemini a level 4 and change it's effect to this:

This card is treated as a Normal monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect:
● (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 2 of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are in your Deck, GY, face-up in your Extra Deck, and/or that are banished, but their effects are negated. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Apprentice" once per turn.

I would change the trap's effect to this:

During the Battle or End Phase: Special Summon a number of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are in your Deck, GY, face-up in your Extra Deck, and/or that are banished equal to the number of "Forumblitz" cards in your Pendulum Zones, but they cannot attack this turn. If you have 3 or more cards in your hand, you can activate this card the turn it was Set. You can only activate 1 "Forumblitz Barricade" per turn.

KTeknis

Post #66 by KTeknis » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:33 am

Alright, I changed Blight's Monster effect , but for the Pendulum effect, I only made it returning from GY or Face-up Extra Deck, since we already got Highlander and 4 other MD card for Deck Search.

ShinRyu9

Post #67 by ShinRyu9 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:26 am

So I see that my card is bottom tier. Valid, btw. I knew I wanted "Forumblitz Archer" a little generic, and giving it generic protection effects too. Then Christen mentioned Gemini monsters, and I completely forgot about that too.

I tried buffing it by giving it Down-Right, Down, and Down-Left Link Arrows. I was originally going to do that, but I was little hesitant that might be too strong. But now that you mentioned other Monsters that could do better than it, I knew I had to change that statement entirely.

Summoning conditions are changed too, but perhaps I might make it just "Forumblitz" monsters instead of different names. I haven't changed the passive effects. If it's too generic (which is it) or too strong, I'll change it right away. Feedbacks and/or suggestions are always welcome for my card.
Last edited by ShinRyu9 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just an ordinary traveler passing through worlds...

ShinRyu9

Post #68 by ShinRyu9 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:31 am

KTeknis wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Deadline has now passed, please add my two additional cards to the card list.

Oh, yeah, forgotten, also a bit busy with collage before.

For Renji Asuka, Christen57, and Saraak:You can post 2 more cards to the cardlist. . For ShinRyu: You can post three since you only posted 1 before.
As for Parhelia_0000: Forumblitz Gunner and Forumblitz Admiral has been added to the Decklist

I'm going to keep my only 1 card. I might make a second one, but I'm not too familiar of what "Forumblitz" really does to think of a second or even a third card. Plus, it's much easier for me to manage what I can and can't fix with my only 1 card.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #69 by Saraak » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:25 am

Christen57 wrote: I would change researcher's effect to this:

When an attack is declared involving this Link Summoned card: You can add 1 of your "Forumblitz" Spells/Traps that is in your Deck, GY, or that is banished to your hand. If this card leaves the field: You can add 1 of your "Forumblitz" monsters that is in your Deck, GY, face-up in your Extra Deck, or that is banished to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Researcher" once per turn.

Not a bad idea, but I still want it to be able to have a special eff when summoned using the Union/Gemini monsters, so I've changed it. The first effect you mentioned is added, except I added a clause where if the added card was an equip spell, it could equip itself to Researcher. I've removed the previous Union/Gemini effects and changed it into this: "If your opponent activates a card, and this card was Link Summoned using a Gemini monster (Quick Effect): negate the activation, then if you also used a Union monster to Link Summon this card, add 1 "Forumbliz" monster from your Deck, GY, or face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand"

Christen57 wrote: I would make the gemini a level 4 and change it's effect to this:

This card is treated as a Normal monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect:
● (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 2 of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are in your Deck, GY, face-up in your Extra Deck, and/or that are banished, but their effects are negated. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Apprentice" once per turn.

Yeah, that's reasonable. No issue with changing it into that.

Christen57 wrote: I would change the trap's effect to this:

During the Battle or End Phase: Special Summon a number of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are in your Deck, GY, face-up in your Extra Deck, and/or that are banished equal to the number of "Forumblitz" cards in your Pendulum Zones, but they cannot attack this turn. If you have 3 or more cards in your hand, you can activate this card the turn it was Set. You can only activate 1 "Forumblitz Barricade" per turn.

Yeah, that's fair. Although, I'm almost certain that this archetype is 90% busted and a Tier-1 deck purely because of how consistent it is. Some of these cards need to lock the player out of summoning outside of their archetype. I can easily imagine these cards being used as an engine in other decks to bring out powerful Rank 4 Xyz and Level 8 Synchro monsters. With that in mind, I'm adding an archetype summoning limit to the Trap card. That's just my opinion, though, and probably unneeded, but I can't help but be wary.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Christen57

Post #70 by Christen57 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Saraak wrote:

Not a bad idea, but I still want it to be able to have a special eff when summoned using the Union/Gemini monsters, so I've changed it. The first effect you mentioned is added, except I added a clause where if the added card was an equip spell, it could equip itself to Researcher. I've removed the previous Union/Gemini effects and changed it into this: "If your opponent activates a card, and this card was Link Summoned using a Gemini monster (Quick Effect): negate the activation, then if you also used a Union monster to Link Summon this card, add 1 "Forumbliz" monster from your Deck, GY, or face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand"

Christen57 wrote: I would make the gemini a level 4 and change it's effect to this:

Yeah, that's fair. Although, I'm almost certain that this archetype is 90% busted and a Tier-1 deck purely because of how consistent it is. Some of these cards need to lock the player out of summoning outside of their archetype. I can easily imagine these cards being used as an engine in other decks to bring out powerful Rank 4 Xyz and Level 8 Synchro monsters. With that in mind, I'm adding an archetype summoning limit to the Trap card. That's just my opinion, though, and probably unneeded, but I can't help but be wary.

That's fine, although there are still some minor grammar and PSCT errors with those changes, and other things can be changed to make your effects shorter and easier to read.

For Forumblitz Apprentice, there should be a space between the bullet point and (Quick Effect). Right now it's
●(Quick Effect)
when it should be
● (Quick Effect)
Also, after "● (Quick Effect):" it should say "You can Special Summon" not just "Special Summon".

For the trap, it should say
'Special Summon a number of your "Forumblitz" monsters that are in your hand, GY, face-up in your Extra Deck, and/or banished equal to the number of "Forumblitz" cards in your Pendulum Zones'
not
'Special Summon "Forumblitz" monsters from your hand, GY, or face-up in your Extra Deck, and/or banished equal to the number of "Forumblitz" cards in your Pendulum Zones'.

When specifying multiple possible locations you can special summon from, you don't include "or" or "and/or" more than once in that sentence. In other words, you don't say "Special Summon from location x, or location y, and/or location z". You just say "Special Summon from location x, location y, or location z," or if you're bringing out multiple monsters, you say "and/or location z".

Also, you can change
'You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this card, except for "Forumblitz" monsters'
to
'You cannot Summon the turn you activate this card, except "Forumblitz" monsters'.
It's shorter, easier to read, and uses up less characters.

Also, the "If you have 3 or more cards in your hand" part should come before the "You cannot Summon" part so that too makes the card easier to read.

For the link monster, where it says "from your Deck or GY to your hand; and if it was an Equip Spell," there should be a comma between "hand" and "and," not a semi colon. Also, instead of "and if it was an Equip Spell" you can say "and if it is an Equip Spell" so it takes less characters and makes it shorter and easier to read.

The effect that triggers "If your opponent activates a card" should specify if it's "If your opponent activates a card or effect" or just "If your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect," or something like that so there isn't any confusion. Also, the word "negate" in "(Quick Effect): negate the activation" should be capitalized since it's coming right after a colon.

I agree that some of the forumblitz cards should limit you to only being able to summon forumblitz monsters so they aren't too overpowered. I might ask for my forumblitz scout to have the same kind of restriction. I only didn't because I thought people would try to mix this with monsters that were not forumblitz monsters.

Christen57

Post #71 by Christen57 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:40 pm

KTeknis wrote:Alright, I changed Blight's Monster effect , but for the Pendulum effect, I only made it returning from GY or Face-up Extra Deck, since we already got Highlander and 4 other MD card for Deck Search.

You should change it's pendulum effect from
'You can target 1 "Forumblitz" cards that is in your GY or face-up in your Extra Deck; return it to your hand'
to
'You can add 1 "Forumblitz" card from your GY or face-up Extra Deck to your hand'
so it's easier to read and uses less characters.

Also, effects never "target" cards located in the hand, deck, or extra deck. Only on the field, graveyard, and banished cards.

Also, I made a mistake with it's monster effect. Where it says "You can also Xyz Summon," that "You" should be lower case since you're not starting a sentence with it or having it right after a colon.

Also can you change forumblitz's scout's defense to 0 and it's monster effect to this:

If this card leaves the field: You can have your opponent pick 1 of these effects for you to apply.
● You can add to your hand or Special Summon 1 of your "Forumblitz" monsters that is in your Deck, GY, banished, or face-up Extra Deck.
● Shuffle any number of your "Forumblitz" cards that are on your field, GY, banished, and/or face-up Extra Deck into the Deck, then draw 3 cards.
You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Scout" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

That way it's still strong but can't be splashed into any other archetype so easily.

Christen57

Post #72 by Christen57 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:22 pm

ShinRyu9 wrote:So I see that my card is bottom tier. Valid, btw. I knew I wanted "Forumblitz Archer" a little generic, and giving it generic protection effects too. Then Christen mentioned Gemini monsters, and I completely forgot about that too.

I tried buffing it by giving it Down-Right, Down, and Down-Left Link Arrows. I was originally going to do that, but I was little hesitant that might be too strong. But now that you mentioned other Monsters that could do better than it, I knew I had to change that statement entirely.

Summoning conditions are changed too, but perhaps I might make it just "Forumblitz" monsters instead of different names. I haven't changed the passive effects. If it's too generic (which is it) or too strong, I'll change it right away. Feedbacks and/or suggestions are always welcome for my card.

I would have it's entire effect just be 'During the turn you Summon this card, you cannot Summon, except "Forumblitz" monsters. Your opponent cannot target monsters this card points to for attacks or by card effects.'
The ATK boosting effect for what it points to isn't necessary in my opinion since the Forumblitz xyz monsters already boost ATK.

Also I would make it's summoning requirement just be 2+ "Forumblitz" monsters so you can use the link-2 monster and any other to summon it. Requiring it's materials to have different names isn't necessary.

ShinRyu9

Post #73 by ShinRyu9 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:06 pm

Changed

Christen57

Post #74 by Christen57 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:47 pm

ShinRyu9 wrote:Changed

Change it's first effect from
During the turn this card is Link Summoned, you cannot Special Summon other monsters, except "Forumblitz" monsters
to
During the turn you Link Summon this card, you cannot Special Summon, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

It's effect will still work the same but will be shorter and easier to read.

Christen57

Post #75 by Christen57 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:49 pm

Saraak wrote:

I noticed another grammar error in Forumblitz Apprentice that I missed earlier. It says '2 of your "Forumblitz" monster' when it should say '2 of your "Forumblitz" monsters' where "monster" should be plural.

Also, if you replace "face-up in your Extra Deck, and/or banished" with "banished, and/or face-up Extra Deck" it will make the effect shorter and easier to read.

Also, you can make Forumblitz Professor's effect shorter and easier to read by changing it from

If this card is in your hand, and you control a face-up "Forumblitz" monster: You can Equip this card to a face-up monster you control. If this card is equipped to a "Forumblitz" Effect monster: You can Unequip this card to Special Summon it. A monster equipped with this card cannot be selected as an attack target. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Professor" once per turn.

to

You can either: Equip this card from your hand to a "Forumblitz" monster you control, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Professor" up to twice per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters. A monster equipped with this card cannot be targeted for attacks.

Christen57

Post #76 by Christen57 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:04 pm

james123 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2206439

I recommend changing the forumblitz link-4 monster's monster effect to this:

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. When this card is Link Summoned: You can roll a six-sided die, then target up to that many cards on the field; destroy them. If this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 "Forumblitz Officer Token" (Warrior/FIRE/Level 4/ATK 2000/DEF 2000) in Defense Position, but it cannot be used as Link material. If this monster you control is destroyed: You can place it in your Pendulum Zone.

and it's pendulum effect to this:

You can add 1 of your "Forumblitz" cards that is in your Deck, GY, banished, or face-up Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Corps" once per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters.

KTeknis

Post #77 by KTeknis » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:28 am

Sorry I've been inactive for a while, even if I'm the main host. Anyway, changed Blight eff and Scout's eff as Christen's asked for
EDIT: Also changed Scout's artwork for a better cropped artwork.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #78 by Saraak » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:18 am

Christen57 wrote: I noticed another grammar error in Forumblitz Apprentice that I missed earlier. It says '2 of your "Forumblitz" monster' when it should say '2 of your "Forumblitz" monsters' where "monster" should be plural.

Also, if you replace "face-up in your Extra Deck, and/or banished" with "banished, and/or face-up Extra Deck" it will make the effect shorter and easier to read.

Yeah, I missed that, and thanks for the word shortening advice.

Christen57 wrote:Also, you can make Forumblitz Professor's effect shorter and easier to read by changing it from

If this card is in your hand, and you control a face-up "Forumblitz" monster: You can Equip this card to a face-up monster you control. If this card is equipped to a "Forumblitz" Effect monster: You can Unequip this card to Special Summon it. A monster equipped with this card cannot be selected as an attack target. You can only use each effect of "Forumblitz Professor" once per turn.

to

You can either: Equip this card from your hand to a "Forumblitz" monster you control, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Forumblitz Professor" up to twice per turn. You cannot Summon the turn you activate this effect, except "Forumblitz" monsters. A monster equipped with this card cannot be targeted for attacks.

This actually slightly buffs professor by making her able to be unequipped from Forumblitz Apprentice, which may never happen, but it can happen now. Not too big of a deal to change.

Christen57

Post #79 by Christen57 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:55 pm

Saraak wrote:
Christen57 wrote: I noticed another grammar error in Forumblitz Apprentice that I missed earlier. It says '2 of your "Forumblitz" monster' when it should say '2 of your "Forumblitz" monsters' where "monster" should be plural.

Yeah, I missed that, and thanks for the word shortening advice.

Christen57 wrote:Also, you can make Forumblitz Professor's effect shorter and easier to read by changing it from

to

This actually slightly buffs professor by making her able to be unequipped from Forumblitz Apprentice, which may never happen, but it can happen now. Not too big of a deal to change.

It also slightly nerfs her by making her only able to equip herself to a forumblitz monster instead of just any face-up monster.

Also, Forumblitz Apprentice's quick effect proved to be a bit too strong during testing, so it should be toned down a little by making it not a quick effect.

Also, her text that says "This card is treated as a Normal monster while this card is face-up on the field or in the GY" can be made shorter by taking out the second "this card is" part so it just says "This card is treated as a Normal monster while face-up on the field or in the GY."

Also, instead of just "Normal Summon it to become an Effect Monster with this effect:" it should say "Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect."

KTeknis

Post #80 by KTeknis » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:35 pm

Changed some of Monitoring's eff
Ritual is now hand rip.
Xyz now attach 2 cards.
Link now SS James123's Officer Token (Also can't be used as link material)
EDIT: Also removed HOPT

Return to “Custom Cards”