Xenomorph Archetype (OCG: XB/Xeno Beast/ゼノビースト/제노 비스트)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Saraak
Mood:

Re: Xenomorph Archetype (OCG: XB/Xeno Beast/ゼノビースト/제노 비스트)

Post #121 by Saraak » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 pm

Again, I said this in another thread, but please don't generalize. Not all of us are Rocket2 and want the same things as them. A prime example being Christen57 and his constructive criticism, of which I disagree with only a few parts of.

The only one who cyberbullied is him, not us. Everyone other than Rocket2 wants this to just stop and deescalate. It's been nearly 3 days ffs.

And for the millionth time Rocket, just stop. Cyberbullying is wrong, and the Forum is already barebones with a lack of activity. We don't want to be yeeting newbies (like me) away from this place as soon as they see threads like this.

parhelia_0000 wrote:Gladly. And for the record, Christen57 can thank you for destroying his credibility after how your words and actions gave all custom card reviewers a bad reputation, at least in my books anyway.

What actions has Christen57 taken to warrant such defamation!? I've seen him give constructive criticism in this thread and that was it! And after that? Neutral comments about your replies. He shares different Custom Card standards to Rocket2 (as seen in a thread about monsters gaining protection effects once they go below 4000 LP), and can't be seen as similar to him.
Last edited by Saraak on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #122 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Saraak wrote:Again, I said this in another thread, but please don't generalize. Not all of us are Rocket2 and want the same things as them. A prime example being Christen57 and his constructive criticism, of which I disagree with only a few parts of.

The only one who cyberbullied is him, not us. Everyone other than Rocket2 wants this to just stop and deescalate. It's been nearly 3 days ffs.

And for the millionth time Rocket, just stop. Cyberbullying is wrong, and the Forum is already barebones with a lack of activity. We don't want to be yeeting newbies (like me) away from this place as soon as they see threads like this.

parhelia_0000 wrote:Gladly. And for the record, Christen57 can thank you for destroying his credibility after how your words and actions gave all custom card reviewers a bad reputation, at least in my books anyway.

What actions has Christen57 taken to warrant such defamation!? I've seen him give constructive criticism in this thread and that was it!

I was trying to say that I could've at least taken Christen's advice into consideration until Rocket2 showed up and showed me his true colors, giving me the impression that custom card reviewers only want others to bow down to their own standards.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #123 by Saraak » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:31 pm

So you point at another forum-goer, when another is painting a big red target on his face saying "Hit me?"

That's not right. He's a neutral party. Lambast Rocket2 all you want, heck, some people on the forum would probably like it, but don't generalize all CCReviewers under one man's actions. That's like blaming a country for the actions of one terrorist (extreme comparison, I admit).
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Rocket2

Post #124 by Rocket2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:32 pm

Saraak wrote:Again, I said this in another thread, but please don't generalize. Not all of us are Rocket2 and want the same things as them. A prime example being Christen57 and his constructive criticism, of which I disagree with only a few parts of.

I'm not! (Hands up) I just ask him to leave already. I'm tired too you know.
Also too bad Saraak. You will see future drama with the original CM in the future. He is the most infamous fellow in our forum.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #125 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:34 pm

Saraak wrote:So you point at another forum-goer, when another is painting a big red target on his face saying "Hit me?"

That's not right. He's a neutral party. Lambast Rocket2 all you want, heck, some people on the forum would probably like it, but don't generalize all CCReviewers under one man's actions. That's like blaming a country for the actions of one terrorist (extreme comparison, I admit).

I'll only promise to redact those assumptions if Rocket2 agrees to stop attacking me everywhere I go. If he doesn't like my cards, that's his opinion, but he is to cease and desist all criticisms against me moving forward if it means giving custom card reviewers another chance.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #126 by Saraak » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Rocket2 wrote: Also too bad Saraak. You will see future drama with the original CM in the future. He is the most infamous fellow in our forum.

Oh, I've seen the shit-flinging threads with CM involved. I think he's just as reprehensible as you and parhelia. I just don't care. I've had enough toxicity life-lined into me from playing Dota for five years and getting spammed hatemail in one of my other endeavors. This is nothing, but I'm irritated that shit like that entered a place where I thought I could just be happy making custom cards with like-minded individuals.

parhelia_0000 wrote:I'll only promise to redact those assumptions if Rocket2 agrees to stop attacking me everywhere I go. If he doesn't like my cards, that's his opinion, but he is to cease and desist all criticisms against me moving forward if it means giving custom card reviewers another chance.

... I can't believe this. You're still holding assumptions on one man, due to the actions of another man, and generalizing us again. How many times do I have to make it clear that not everyone thinks like Rocket2, or CM, or Kteknis, or Christen57, because we all have our own damn views. You know that Rocket2 isn't going to retract anything, so that means you'll still hold it against Christen57.

At this point, it's like watching two alpha males smacking their heads against the wall like it'll impress the women around them. It's not. Conditions be damned. Both of you chill off.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #127 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Saraak wrote:
Rocket2 wrote: Also too bad Saraak. You will see future drama with the original CM in the future. He is the most infamous fellow in our forum.

Oh, I've seen the shit-flinging threads with CM involved. I think he's just as reprehensible as you and parhelia. I just don't care. I've had enough toxicity life-lined into me from playing Dota for five years and getting spammed hatemail in one of my other endeavors. This is nothing, but I'm irritated that shit like that entered a place where I thought I could just be happy making custom cards with like-minded individuals.

parhelia_0000 wrote:I'll only promise to redact those assumptions if Rocket2 agrees to stop attacking me everywhere I go. If he doesn't like my cards, that's his opinion, but he is to cease and desist all criticisms against me moving forward if it means giving custom card reviewers another chance.

... I can't believe this. You're still holding assumptions on one man, due to the actions of another man, and generalizing us again. How many times do I have to make it clear that not everyone thinks like Rocket2, or CM, or Kteknis, or Christen57, because we all have our own damn views. You know that Rocket2 isn't going to retract anything, so that means you'll still hold it against Christen57.

At this point, it's like watching two alpha males smacking their heads against the wall like it'll impress the women around them. It's not. Conditions be damned. Both of you chill off.

I'll agree with you on one thing - custom cards could've been a much better place. But no, people like Rocket2 have to bust down the threads and ruin the fun for everyone else.

I don't need the advice of custom card reviewers any longer. If Rocket2's kind of attitude is what I'm gonna expect from custom card reviewers, I won't be taking their advice to heart.

Rocket2

Post #128 by Rocket2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Parhelia, You & I can never make peace. So please, please just leave like you said. I don't think you can trust anybody in here anymore from here onward.

Saraak wrote:Oh, I've seen the shit-flinging threads with CM involved. I think he's just as reprehensible as you and parhelia. I just don't care. I've had enough toxicity life-lined into me from playing Dota for five years and getting spammed hatemail in one of my other endeavors. This is nothing, but I'm irritated that shit like that entered a place where I thought I could just be happy making custom cards with like-minded individuals.

Sad true in DB forum Saraak. You'll get used to it.
And I'm chilled Saraak! More like I'm tired. I just read your works, and planned your Holomyth later.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #129 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:46 pm

Rocket2 wrote:

Parhelia, You & I can never make peace. So please, please just leave like you said. I don't think you can trust anybody in here anymore from here onward.

Saraak wrote:Oh, I've seen the shit-flinging threads with CM involved. I think he's just as reprehensible as you and parhelia. I just don't care. I've had enough toxicity life-lined into me from playing Dota for five years and getting spammed hatemail in one of my other endeavors. This is nothing, but I'm irritated that shit like that entered a place where I thought I could just be happy making custom cards with like-minded individuals.

Sad true in DB forum Saraak. You'll get used to it.
And I'm chilled Saraak! More like I'm tired. I just read your works, and planned your Holomyth later.

Well then, allow me to congratulate you for single-handedly destroying the reputation of custom card reviewers for others. I don't need your advice, I don't need your reviews, I'll continue to create custom cards for the hell of it.

Hell, I might make insta-win archetypes just for you, so that I can give those who attack other people's archetypes rather than provide constructive feedback the middle finger.

Christen57

Post #130 by Christen57 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:26 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Rocket2 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Better to have an attitude than be a Trump supporter who cyber-bullies others. At least I don't go out being racist towards others like you.

What a weak insult. (Shaking head slowly)

lmao You're the one who has no evidence to back up any claims. Or is it that you're gathering all your knowledge on how to reply to evidence from QAnon and Proud Boys, you Trump supporter? :lol: 'Cause that shit doesn't work on me.

I still don't know how "Trump supporter" is meant to be an insult. I myself would wear that label as a badge of honor or something.

Anyways, while there are some custom card reviewers out there that are hostile, they don't give every custom card reviewer a bad reputation. You just have to distinguish between the civil ones that offer only constructive criticism and the hostile ones that criticize you more than the cards themselves.

What actions has Christen57 taken to warrant such defamation!? I've seen him give constructive criticism in this thread and that was it! And after that? Neutral comments about your replies. He shares different Custom Card standards to Rocket2 (as seen in a thread about monsters gaining protection effects once they go below 4000 LP), and can't be seen as similar to him.

Aww you're too kind.

Futuregamer

Post #131 by Futuregamer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:42 am

Parhelia you need all the help you can get. Almost every single one of your maindeck cards +es on its own, or is otherwise a searcher. There is no common mechanic to keep the archetype together, so it's just brainless consistency boosting all throughout. I think I counted 6 different xeno monster adds from the deck in there? It's just cheap and uninspired. Honestly I'm surprised I didn't see any Link 1s that Special from the GY (unless I missed it).

Also: It's a fan archetype. It's sh!t by default.

Also also: "Trump supporter" is not an insult.

Also also also: You know "Aliens" exist as an archetype, right?

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #132 by parhelia_0000 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:28 pm

Futuregamer wrote:Parhelia you need all the help you can get. Almost every single one of your maindeck cards +es on its own, or is otherwise a searcher. There is no common mechanic to keep the archetype together, so it's just brainless consistency boosting all throughout. I think I counted 6 different xeno monster adds from the deck in there? It's just cheap and uninspired. Honestly I'm surprised I didn't see any Link 1s that Special from the GY (unless I missed it).

What's wrong with wanting to make a deck that wins? What's wrong with wanting to make a deck that can push out a near-unbreakable board turn 1? What's wrong with wanting to have a mindset where I always ask myself whenever I build decks, "What can MY deck do against other decks turn 1?" Please elaborate.

Turn 1 is where all of your moves matter. Turn 1 is where you get your ONLY chance to beat your opponent. Lose the rock-paper-scissors? Bricked hand? Brought a deck that's scrub-level that can't even make a strong board turn 1? Prepare to get wrecked by meta decks of today.

Look, metagame players and Yugitubers like Slaydra figured it out a long time ago that Komoney constantly pushes out tier 0 decks. Just because they banned PePe, Dragon Rulers, etc. does not mean that they're gonna stop making tier 0 decks! Tier 0 decks are always gonna be made sooner or later, and guess what? There's always gonna be "that new card" that people hate so much. It's just like how companies like Apple and Microsoft always push out their new Android and iPhone products. Their company logic has kept them in business for a long time - "keep the customer by the tits." If we constantly reverted to balanced gameplay, nobody would want to spend money on new products anymore because of how they "prefer the current format the way it is."

I learned to get used to it. Plus, everyone has their own standards of "balance." It's impossible to keep it in check nowadays because guess what? Random custom players won't care about balance in the first place! Welcome to DB Customs. If you want to survive duels against random opponents, you better throw away the mindset of "balanced" games and get used to the common tier 0 boards turn 1.

Plus, considering how Rocket2 destroyed the reputation of custom card "reviewers," I won't be taking in any more feedback on this archetype. Hate it all you want, I'm just gonna continue my way and not care about those who have lost my respect. Good luck.

Alter-Ego

Post #133 by Alter-Ego » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:01 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Futuregamer wrote:Parhelia you need all the help you can get. Almost every single one of your maindeck cards +es on its own, or is otherwise a searcher. There is no common mechanic to keep the archetype together, so it's just brainless consistency boosting all throughout. I think I counted 6 different xeno monster adds from the deck in there? It's just cheap and uninspired. Honestly I'm surprised I didn't see any Link 1s that Special from the GY (unless I missed it).

What's wrong with wanting to make a deck that wins? What's wrong with wanting to make a deck that can push out a near-unbreakable board turn 1? What's wrong with wanting to have a mindset where I always ask myself whenever I build decks, "What can MY deck do against other decks turn 1?" Please elaborate.

Turn 1 is where all of your moves matter. Turn 1 is where you get your ONLY chance to beat your opponent. Lose the rock-paper-scissors? Bricked hand? Brought a deck that's scrub-level that can't even make a strong board turn 1? Prepare to get wrecked by meta decks of today.

Look, metagame players and Yugitubers like Slaydra figured it out a long time ago that Komoney constantly pushes out tier 0 decks. Just because they banned PePe, Dragon Rulers, etc. does not mean that they're gonna stop making tier 0 decks! Tier 0 decks are always gonna be made sooner or later, and guess what? There's always gonna be "that new card" that people hate so much. It's just like how companies like Apple and Microsoft always push out their new Android and iPhone products. Their company logic has kept them in business for a long time - "keep the customer by the tits." If we constantly reverted to balanced gameplay, nobody would want to spend money on new products anymore because of how they "prefer the current format the way it is."

I learned to get used to it. Plus, everyone has their own standards of "balance." It's impossible to keep it in check nowadays because guess what? Random custom players won't care about balance in the first place! Welcome to DB Customs. If you want to survive duels against random opponents, you better throw away the mindset of "balanced" games and get used to the common tier 0 boards turn 1.

Plus, considering how Rocket2 destroyed the reputation of custom card "reviewers," I won't be taking in any more feedback on this archetype. Hate it all you want, I'm just gonna continue my way and not care about those who have lost my respect. Good luck.

Nothing wrong with creating a powerful custom archetype, you want to win and destroy the custom pool? more power to you. but don't ptetend that your cards are powerfully fair, even Konami isn't retarded and dosen't make cards like you made, you made an unfair beast that cannot be dealt with normal means, cannot be tributed, unaffected, no super poly targets, common bro your shit is retarded, what stops me for making an effect veiller card that stops my opponent from special summoning fusion monsters from the extra deck? I will call it Xenokiller :)

Futuregamer

Post #134 by Futuregamer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:01 pm

The fact that you mentioned Slaydra tells me enough. The guy is an idiot. He neither understands nor likes the game, he's just too untalented to support an income from other sources.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #135 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:58 am

Futuregamer wrote:The fact that you mentioned Slaydra tells me enough. The guy is an idiot. He neither understands nor likes the game, he's just too untalented to support an income from other sources.

He may not be as talented as others, but he does deserve some credit for being accurate about the trend of Yugioh's metagame.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #136 by troglyte » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:39 pm

And the Crab People Sang:

Now everyone pray,
For today is the day,
The Great One will say,
That Customs are gay
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #137 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:42 pm

troglyte wrote:And the Crab People Sang:

Now everyone pray,
For today is the day,
The Great One will say,
That Customs are gay

Shut up about your stupid crab people, 'cause nobody cares about that kind of shit.

Return to “Custom Cards”