Digital Threat,

Post your custom made cards in this forum
sincityyugioh

Digital Threat,

Post #1 by sincityyugioh » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:57 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7461859

Digital Threat is a pet project of mine inspired by the Unchained Archetype. Other inspiration came from Digimon and the idea of “evolving” from a Link-1 into a Link-2. Eventually I may add backgrounds to the artwork but for now, this is what you get.

I have been actively trying to avoid making any of the cards overpowered, with some more lenience on the Link Monsters. That said, given what I have encountered from others, some are the cards are busted. I hope the restrictions placed on them prevent them from being busted however. Making it into a Link-3 or above rarely comes up, barring instances where Splash Mage comes into the equation. As such, I felt that the more generic materials on these Link-3 and Link-4 monsters was acceptable. Constructive Criticism is always appreciated.

Sample Deck List is as follows.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5647497

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:12 am

Lack of theme with the Main Deck monsters. Some pop but most does their own things. Many SS spam from the GY, and some even 2 places for a loop later in the game. Nerf them & give a proper theme.

I could be wrong with this since I haven't be in touch with Digimon franchise for a while, but I would appreciate if I see a "fixed" theme with their LV & Rank in relation to their evolution stages. Like all Baby to Rookie are Main Deck monsters with fixed LV like baby is LV1.

Dome. Nerf or fixed. Didn't you already got a monster search with Messenger? Its float cannot just said destroyed. Look at Konami field that float, and do that.

Destruction contradict with the field protection. I saw that it trigger by popping ur own monster by card's effect, but still. And another float that search? Reroute too? Huh? All of the Spells/Traps have float or GY effect?

I'd see enough. Another custom decks that being cheap in their search, add, GY SS, & etc. Not some are busted, but all. Count yourself in how many of them does the same things.

https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-pros-guide-to-custom-cards-create.html Good starting guide, but don't follow blindly bec some parts are wrong & very biased.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #3 by troglyte » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:26 am

Whenever I see the title, I immediately assume it's some sort of Support issue or someone has hacked the site.

Then I see it's from the Customs thread and I just sigh in disappointment.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Rocket2 wrote:https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-pros-guide-to-custom-cards-create.html Good starting guide, but don't follow blindly bec some parts are wrong & very biased.

Which parts?

Rocket2

Post #5 by Rocket2 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:40 am

Christen57 wrote:
Rocket2 wrote:https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-pros-guide-to-custom-cards-create.html Good starting guide, but don't follow blindly bec some parts are wrong & very biased.

Which parts?

The 2 most noticeable to me personally were "Give very specific protections, if you have to", and "Cards have 2-3 effects on average." I had debated with futuregamer at his Hount thread. You can read it from here.
https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14239#p57316

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:41 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Which parts?

The 2 most noticeable to me personally were "Give very specific protections, if you have to", and "Cards have 2-3 effects on average." I had debated with futuregamer at his Hount thread. You can read it from here.
https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14239#p57316

Well yeah. It makes sense to give very specific protections if you have to. Very rarely do any of my customs have full "unaffected by opponent's card effects" kind of effects. The ones that do either have low ATK and no other powerful effect, or have other downsides to balance them out.

Rocket2

Post #7 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:14 am

Christen57 wrote:Well yeah. It makes sense to give very specific protections if you have to. Very rarely do any of my customs have full "unaffected by opponent's card effects" kind of effects. The ones that do either have low ATK and no other powerful effect, or have other downsides to balance them out.

....Christen57. Did you read the Hount thread at all? There is a difference in BS self-protection & board protection. Also, effect is an effect. There is no sometimes it count or not, unless the one I'd mentioned in that thread. Look at all of his Hount cards, you should notice the BS with them.

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:16 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Well yeah. It makes sense to give very specific protections if you have to. Very rarely do any of my customs have full "unaffected by opponent's card effects" kind of effects. The ones that do either have low ATK and no other powerful effect, or have other downsides to balance them out.

....Christen57. Did you read the Hount thread at all? There is a difference in BS self-protection & board protection. Also, effect is an effect. There is no sometimes it count or not, unless the one I'd mentioned in that thread. Look at all of his Hount cards, you should notice the BS with them.

They all seem fine to me. The first one is a monster that protects all of his hounts from being tributed, and only while the opponent's life is 4000 or less. A very specific protection that only works when a specific condition is met.

The rest are the same — A hount that protects hount monsters from effect destruction, a hount that protects hount spells/traps from effect destruction, a hount that protects hount spells/traps from going back to the hand, a hount that protects hount monsters from going back to the deck or extra deck, a continuous spell that protects hount monsters from being targeted by other monsters, a field spell that protects hount monsters from monsters that came from the extra deck, a hount that protects hount monsters from anything that doesn't target or destroy, a hount that protects hount monsters from being destroyed by battle with 1000 atk or less monsters, and so on, all of which apply only while the opponent has 4000 life or less.

Like Futuregamer himself pointed out, all of those protections are very specific, and each require the opponent to have 4000 life or less, so they're useless early on in the game and useless against opponents who play stuff like Aromages or anything else that focuses on increasing their life and keeping it above 4000.

Other than some minor grammar/psct errors, I don't see an issue with any of these.

Rocket2

Post #9 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:47 pm

Christen57 wrote:They all seem fine to me. The first one is a monster that protects all of his hounts from being tributed, and only while the opponent's life is 4000 or less. A very specific protection that only works when a specific condition is met.

The rest are the same — A hount that protects hount monsters from effect destruction, a hount that protects hount spells/traps from effect destruction, a hount that protects hount spells/traps from going back to the hand, a hount that protects hount monsters from going back to the deck or extra deck, a continuous spell that protects hount monsters from being targeted by other monsters, a field spell that protects hount monsters from monsters that came from the extra deck, a hount that protects hount monsters from anything that doesn't target or destroy, a hount that protects hount monsters from being destroyed by battle with 1000 atk or less monsters, and so on, all of which apply only while the opponent has 4000 life or less.

Like Futuregamer himself pointed out, all of those protections are very specific, and each require the opponent to have 4000 life or less, so they're useless early on in the game and useless against opponents who play stuff like Aromages or anything else that focuses on increasing their life and keeping it above 4000.

Other than some minor grammar/psct errors, I don't see an issue with any of these.

Christen57, name me 1 Konami printed archetype that their cards (especially their non-bosses) does more than 5 "different passive board" protections as part of their archetype "theme". There isn't and for good reasons. Creating archetype is not just going for power & balance, but also to made them easy to keep track to both players. He made that one up.

Also, you ignored the part that futuregamer used 4 effects instead of 3 in all of his monsters (except the Links). 2 of which does the same thing in boost, even if different amount. If he done the self-protections theme like Timelords or Qliphort, then that will different, but he didn't.

Think of this way, is it acceptable for "all" the archetype monsters & some Spells/Traps to gain so many passive BS "board" protections just by taking your opp down? LP doesn't really matter unless 0 or time. Many competitive players will gladly paid 800, 1000, or half of their LP for strong plays. However, this is not interactive (unless cards like Solemn Traps) in his defense of 15 BS. Hount is part burn too, these part doesn't interact. Beside, with so many protections once 4k or less, the opp have less options to interact & turn the tide around for the rest of the duel.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying its BS to have 15 BS board protections that maybe turn on once certain conditions are met. I'm saying too many to keep track, breaking his rules (or twist Konami unwritten making card rules), and now I'm going to add, its not engaging once protections are turn on. Effect is an effect. It should always be counted. BS self & board protection are not the same thing in how Konami exercised.

Christen57

Post #10 by Christen57 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:47 am

Rocket2 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:They all seem fine to me. The first one is a monster that protects all of his hounts from being tributed, and only while the opponent's life is 4000 or less. A very specific protection that only works when a specific condition is met.

Christen57, name me 1 Konami printed archetype that their cards (especially their non-bosses) does more than 5 "different passive board" protections as part of their archetype "theme". There isn't and for good reasons. Creating archetype is not just going for power & balance, but also to made them easy to keep track to both players. He made that one up.

Also, you ignored the part that futuregamer used 4 effects instead of 3 in all of his monsters (except the Links). 2 of which does the same thing in boost, even if different amount. If he done the self-protections theme like Timelords or Qliphort, then that will different, but he didn't.

Think of this way, is it acceptable for "all" the archetype monsters & some Spells/Traps to gain so many passive BS "board" protections just by taking your opp down? LP doesn't really matter unless 0 or time. Many competitive players will gladly paid 800, 1000, or half of their LP for strong plays. However, this is not interactive (unless cards like Solemn Traps) in his defense of 15 BS. Hount is part burn too, these part doesn't interact. Beside, with so many protections once 4k or less, the opp have less options to interact & turn the tide around for the rest of the duel.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying its BS to have 15 BS board protections that maybe turn on once certain conditions are met. I'm saying too many to keep track, breaking his rules (or twist Konami unwritten making card rules), and now I'm going to add, its not engaging once protections are turn on. Effect is an effect. It should always be counted. BS self & board protection are not the same thing in how Konami exercised.

The hount archetype is one of those archetypes I would classify as a "Ramp" archetype, which is an archetype that is weak early one but slowly gets stronger as the duel progresses. https://ygoprodeck.com/understanding-deck-types-in-yu-gi-oh/#Ramp

Sky Striker was a big example of a Ramp archetype. They started off weak, but once you get 3 spells in your graveyard, they get strong enough to overwhelm the opponent.

These hounts are also a decent Ramp archetype because they start off weak, but as the duel goes on to the point where your opponent's life goes down enough, they get stronger and can then overwhelm the opponent. Because Ramp archetypes start off weak early on, a Ramp archetype's main weakness is usually going to be that they're vulnerable early on, especially to decks that focus on killing the opponent quickly before they can get too strong.

The protections really aren't that hard to keep track of. You just need to make sure you're paying attention to which protections are kicking in and which ones aren't.

Rocket2

Post #11 by Rocket2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:14 am

Christen57 wrote:The hount archetype is one of those archetypes I would classify as a "Ramp" archetype, which is an archetype that is weak early one but slowly gets stronger as the duel progresses. https://ygoprodeck.com/understanding-deck-types-in-yu-gi-oh/#Ramp

Sky Striker was a big example of a Ramp archetype. They started off weak, but once you get 3 spells in your graveyard, they get strong enough to overwhelm the opponent.

These hounts are also a decent Ramp archetype because they start off weak, but as the duel goes on to the point where your opponent's life goes down enough, they get stronger and can then overwhelm the opponent. Because Ramp archetypes start off weak early on, a Ramp archetype's main weakness is usually going to be that they're vulnerable early on, especially to decks that focus on killing the opponent quickly before they can get too strong.

The protections really aren't that hard to keep track of. You just need to make sure you're paying attention to which protections are kicking in and which ones aren't.

Sigh. I don't want to keep repeating my arguments bec you didn't said anything to them. Most of this quote is just said they are "Ramp" archetype. And the only thing that related to my arguments are keep track part. Sigh.

KTeknis

Post #12 by KTeknis » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:16 am

Christen57 wrote:The hount archetype is one of those archetypes I would classify as a "Ramp" archetype, which is an archetype that is weak early one but slowly gets stronger as the duel progresses. https://ygoprodeck.com/understanding-deck-types-in-yu-gi-oh/#Ramp

Thanks a lot for giving that link! I always wanted to find that page again for my cards.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #13 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 pm

@sincityyugioh Don't listen to any of the custom card reviewers. These guys lost my respect after how they've decided to be racist towards me. Continue creating custom cards the way you want, and don't let others gatekeep you from creating decks to your desire.

Christen57

Post #14 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:31 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:@sincityyugioh Don't listen to any of the custom card reviewers. These guys lost my respect after how they've decided to be racist towards me. Continue creating custom cards the way you want, and don't let others gatekeep you from creating decks to your desire.

Who here attacked your race?

Return to “Custom Cards”