Custom Archetype "Holomyth": Hololive EN Vtubers, their Songs, and their Managers

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Saraak
Mood:

Custom Archetype "Holomyth": Hololive EN Vtubers, their Songs, and their Managers

Post #1 by Saraak » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:48 am

Hi, I've decided to make a custom archetype based on the English Vtubers of Hololive, or Holomyth as they debuted as.

I've used the main 5 girls as Main Monsters and their managers as Extra Deck monsters. They all usually combo off each other, but mostly just limited to themselves.

The Spell Cards (of which there are many) are all mostly singles that they've released (as Quick-Play Spells, or Normal Spells if they're a Collab, or gotten popular as a fan remix, like Pop on Rocks, as Equip-Spell Cards) and the Continuous Trap card is limited to Calliope's released albums, of which she is the only EN girl to have a few so far. They have multiple effects, one for every song in the album (four songs), that can only be used once while it is face-up on the field.

The Extra Deck monsters serve to extend plays (w/ the Synchro being supportive) or disrupt (w/ the Xyz being offensive). They also share an effect to set up Archetype specific Spell/Trap cards, so as to not abuse certain cards like Impermanence. Their playstyle, once they get going, is flooding the board. However, getting to that point takes quite a bit of cards and luck in the hand, of which it is easily disruptable against hand traps (if going first) and trap cards (if going second), as they don't have any Negation effects. All they can do is deal with it and try to recover.

Art source: https://www.deviantart.com/dolphenry

Cards: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7432124

Sample Deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7426702 (The other Extra Deck monsters mostly just fill up space, but can be used, probably)

Replay with the deck going first: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-25728011 (outdated)

It is likely that I'll be updating this as they release more and more songs/albums. And add 5 new monsters once Hololive English Generation 2 is released, but they probably won't go under the Holomyth umbrella.

EDIT: Major overhaul of effects. All "Holomyth" Main Deck monsters now require discarding a "Holomyth" Spell/Trap to Special Summon themselves from the hand. They all have their own effects when Normal Summoned, so there's no chain Special Summoning. This makes the deck more of a Mid-Range deck, with the various Spells/Traps being Toolboxes for the Archetype.

EDIT 2: Added two new cards. "J. Chad", which is Calliope's manager (who I thought she shared one with Kiara), and Calliope's new EP release... why is she the only one releasing songs. I want to add some from the others, Sadge. Anyway, the new monster is a fusion and the new trap is a fusion trap but has 1 of 4 upsides and downsides on the fusion summoned monster, depending on what you picked.

EDIT 3: With the release of newer collab songs, and a cover, I decided to add 3 more dual effect Spells and 1 counter trap (the solo cover song). One of the collab spells is basically another way for you to Fusion Summon, because only having a trap card do it is kinda wack. Another is a weird form of specified protection, and the other opens up Synchro plays without needing Kiara (the Tuner). Counter is generic counter trap that takes inspiration from Infinite Impermanence... I should probably find a way to implement their new costumes. Mmm.
Last edited by Saraak on Fri May 14, 2021 3:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:07 pm

I would had thought you are tweaking more on the LAN-Shoujo and take time in learning how to create balanced cards, before jumping into a new archetype, and its not even complete yet.

The MD monsters shouldn't free SS themselves from 2 different location, because it mean its a loop. And we hate loop. Stick just 1 location as their theme. Also banish themselves after SSed from the GY.

Same go with Ina'nes, but a potential +2. Very cheap. Just 1 location, & only herself. Please learn to play fair Saraak.

Amelia is missing her Normal Summon, or During the Main Phase clause. But I would said go with Normal Summon, similar to Kuribandit. Or if you want a Main Phase, then shuffle the others into the deck like Adamancipator. Or Main Phase on just evacuate 3 cards & dump the other Holomyth cards, like Sylvan.

Hinotori. Busted! This shouldn't be a Quick-Play. Its too good. If its Trap or Normal Spell, sure maybe, but not Quick-Play. Another banish?! Stick with destroy. Let the opp utilize their destruction protection. I saw the targeting but still. Don't give it another effect. Its already a good destruction Spell. Just stick to removal with more requirement bec all the MD are diff Att & Type. Also, only monsters, not all type of cards.

Pop on Rocks & Wah Wah World. 2 free uncondition Spells GY revival, and other effects?! Why do you love to GY spam so much?

I can't keep reading. They are all being too cheap & unbalanced. Except Kiara (oh wait, I was wrong. She need to said SS in def, only Normal Summoned, negate their effects (maybe), and only LV4 monster. No bosses). Learn from the guide I send, its a good start, and check DB database in how Konami try to balance their cards/ archetype. Be reasonable.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #3 by Saraak » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Damn, I need to stop thinking like every archetype needs to end on a good meta board nowadays if I want to make Custom Cards, I guess. I had thought the changes I made to the previous archetype were sufficient, but I guess not. I can go back and edit both of them.

Sorry, it's more of a mental adjustment than I thought I'd need to make. The Yugioh I ended up learning and thinking as 'Normal' is too high-speed, I suppose.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:56 pm

It isnt we hate meta, we hate cheapness (and I have been trying to do balanced decks, trust me)
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Rocket2

Post #5 by Rocket2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Saraak wrote:Damn, I need to stop thinking like every archetype needs to end on a good meta board nowadays if I want to make Custom Cards, I guess. I had thought the changes I made to the previous archetype were sufficient, but I guess not. I can go back and edit both of them.

Sorry, it's more of a mental adjustment than I thought I'd need to make. The Yugioh I ended up learning and thinking as 'Normal' is too high-speed, I suppose.

Its very time consuming to learning yugioh rulings, balancing, checking the database, & etc. And even now I still learn new things. But time is on our sides.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #6 by | Hanverid | » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Saraak wrote:Damn, I need to stop thinking like every archetype needs to end on a good meta board nowadays if I want to make Custom Cards, I guess. I had thought the changes I made to the previous archetype were sufficient, but I guess not. I can go back and edit both of them.

My custom archetype only sets 2 of your monsters face-down, I summon 1 monster during the entire duel and I win.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #7 by Saraak » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Quick Changes made before I try again tomorrow (as it is nearly 1 AM where I live):
-All Main Monsters have been reduced to level 3, so as to obtain more generic banish support and lose access to broken Rank 4s (does this mean future customs at level 4 will be frowned upon?)
-Amelia now requires a Normal Summon for her effect.
-Calliope, Gura, and Ina'nes now banish themselves after being Special Summoned from the GY by their own effects.
-Kiara now requires a Normal Summon for her effect and negates the effect of GY Special Summon. She also cannot Special Summon anything but a Level 3 "Holomyth" monster.
-Holomyth Single cards are now Normal Spells to not be abused with Enma and Jenma's shared effect. Hiinotori was also nerfed to simply destroying instead of banishing, and Off with their Heads only sends one from the deck to the GY, but requires a discard now.
-Pop on Rocks is now a quick-play spell, and works just as a Monster Reborn for the archetype, but can have defensive utility due to being a quick-play. Whatever is summoned is also destroyed at the end of your turn, so you need to use it for a Synchro or Xyz material ASAP.
-Jenma's unique effect was changed to become a blanket protection for Holomyth monsters, instead of a play-extender like before
-Enma's unique effect was nerfed from simply banishing. She will only banish Spell/Trap cards and regularly destroy monsters (and can only target the opponent, instead of every card on the board).

The only thing that remained unchanged was the Trap card, but if I wake up and see ways to nerf what I've made some more, I will. (Although, it'd probably be to add another Holomyth Single card, because a new single is being released tomorrow)

Saraak
Mood:

Post #8 by Saraak » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:43 am

Major overhaul of effects. All "Holomyth" Main Deck monsters now require discarding a "Holomyth" Spell/Trap to Special Summon themselves from the hand. They all have their own effects when Normal Summoned, so there's no chain Special Summoning. This makes the deck more of a Mid-Range deck, with the various Spells/Traps being Toolboxes for the Archetype.

(Although, a new card might be added due to Calliope saying that she was recording a new song. Poggers for the weeblets)

Rocket2

Post #9 by Rocket2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:46 am

Quite a major changed since I lasted checked. An improvement in design.
1) Deadbeats. Best stick with 3 effects. Remove the 4th one bec it seem out of place.
2) "Hinotori" overshadow "Off with their Heads". Maybe you can change "Heads" effects.
3) Pop on Rocks. Destroy at the End Phase because most Spell that had a follow up downside is usually within the turn it was activated. Also this is a Quick-Play that can revive boss.
4) Wah Wah World. It sort of compete with Pop. So best it said SS LV3 monster with different name. Let this one not SS bosses.
5) Psct: Upper cap on Set, "Set it to your field", and "It can be activated this turn". This is just my own preference, but I would nerf all ED monsters on their +1 Spell/Trap by stating "During your opponent's Main Phase". So no next turn +1 again, and allow the opponent to interact with their priority using cards like Dark Ruler, Raigeki & etc. Also, if enough space, the S/T will banish once leaves the field, bec we hate loop.
6) Enma. Her summoning condition.....I said best stick with the usual [2 Level 3 "Holomyth" monsters]. Also due to her stats & just a Main Phase target pop effect.
7) Jenma. Best said "until the end of the next turn" (aka; opp's turn). It just look better in my opinion, like with Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon. So the protection is an non-activation. I just going to used psct on Outer Entity Azathot on its, "After this card is ....". If it was suppose to be an activation, then please used colon.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #10 by Saraak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:17 am

Rocket2 wrote: 1) Deadbeats. Best stick with 3 effects. Remove the 4th one bec it seem out of place.

I'd like to stick with 4 effects because the Album it's based on has 4 songs in it, but I could try change the last eff into something more fitting. Does making it's fourth effect a ROTA sound fine? It's a trap card so it'll be delayed by a turn to even use, and using that eff means locking yourself out of the other effects that turn, which kinda balances it out.

Rocket2 wrote: 2) "Hinotori" overshadow "Off with their Heads". Maybe you can change "Heads" effects.

Alright, I changed the effect to pitching a card out of your opponent's hand at the cost of a "Holomyth" Spell/Trap in your deck. it reduces your resource and lowers your chance of drawing a Spell/Trap to use for Special Summoning the Main Deck monsters.

Rocket2 wrote: 3) Pop on Rocks. Destroy at the End Phase because most Spell that had a follow-up downside is usually within the turn it was activated. Also this is a Quick-Play that can revive boss.

Fixed to add a Level 3 requirement, so no Xyz or Synchro targets. Also changed it to generic End Phase activation so that it doesn't stay on the field until your next turn to make plays with.

Rocket2 wrote: 4) Wah Wah World. It sort of compete with Pop. So best it said SS LV3 monster with different name. Let this one not SS bosses.

Added the Level 3 restriction. You're right that it competes with Pop on Rocks, so I decided to make it so that it allows you to Normal Summon a "Holomyth" monster additionally instead, which has its ups and downs. Not a GY recovery card, but a play extender instead.

Rocket2 wrote: 5) Psct: Upper cap on Set, "Set it to your field", and "It can be activated this turn". This is just my own preference, but I would nerf all ED monsters on their +1 Spell/Trap by stating "During your opponent's Main Phase". So no next turn +1 again, and allow the opponent to interact with their priority using cards like Dark Ruler, Raigeki & etc. Also, if enough space, the S/T will banish once leaves the field, bec we hate loop.

I understand adding the banish after leaving the field part, so I added it. I also understand the need to promote interactive gameplay, so having the effect be used only during the opponent's turn isn't that bad of a trade-off. Most of the cards would be dead on the field until the next turn (except for Pop on Rocks and DeadBeats), but I guess that means I can possibly chain link against a Raigeki, or instantly recover DeadBeats after it's destroyed and renew its effects. This also means I'll be changing their effect restrictions to "You can only use 1 eff of x per turn", because I can't use the other eff anyway. (It also saves space)

Rocket2 wrote: 6) Enma. Her summoning condition.....I said best stick with the usual [2 Level 3 "Holomyth" monsters]. Also due to her stats & just a Main Phase target pop effect.

I kinda wanted her to require 3+ monsters because she manages 3/5 of the HololiveEN talents irl, but I can lower it to 2+ instead for more accessibility. However, in order to incentivize making her w/ 3 materials, I decided her eff to change into banishing (instead of destroying), if she was Xyz summoned with 3 or more materials.

Rocket2 wrote: 7) Jenma. Best said "until the end of the next turn" (aka; opp's turn). It just look better in my opinion, like with Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon. So the protection is an non-activation. I just going to used psct on Outer Entity Azathot on its, "After this card is ....". If it was suppose to be an activation, then please used colon.

I made the effect into a non-activation like Azure-eyes, and decided against making it like a ban-worthy Azathot.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #11 by Saraak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:58 am

Here's a replay I made today, with a friend I made yesterday. We were both using some customs, but we agreed that my Holomyth's could go up against his Blue-Eyes rogue deck.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=621063-26050097

Game 1 ended in my loss, partly because I misplayed the first turn and should've Special Summoned Gura instead of Calliope. I could have at least had a Rank 3 to somehow buy some time.

Game 2 ended kinda one-sidedly. I made a Trisula and pitched a card from his hand with "Off with their Heads", which I think is a fitting effect for the card.

I also have to re-word Gura's effect, because it just doesn't work (so I didn't use it in the Replay), and reconsidering the 'cost' for 'Off with their Heads.' I'd like to keep the pitching effect, so I might make it require banishing a "Holomyth" Spell/Trap in the GY instead. It banished a "Holomyth" Spell/Trap from the Deck before, which isn't really a cost.

Rocket2

Post #12 by Rocket2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:11 pm

Saraak wrote:I'd like to stick with 4 effects because the Album it's based on has 4 songs in it, but I could try change the last eff into something more fitting. Does making it's fourth effect a ROTA sound fine? It's a trap card so it'll be delayed by a turn to even use, and using that eff means locking yourself out of the other effects that turn, which kinda balances it out.

In that case, alright, 4 effects, just for this card only. Mistake in 4th effect. According to Konami: [Effects do not and never target a card(s) in the hand, Main Deck, or Extra Deck. Only the field, Graveyard, or the Banished cards.] So the only appropriate effect left is add 1 banished "Holomyth" card to your hand. You can get back ur banished S/T.
Psct:
Each effect .... only be used once while this card.....
Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects.

Alright, I changed the effect to pitching a card out of your opponent's hand at the cost of a "Holomyth" Spell/Trap in your deck. it reduces your resource and lowers your chance of drawing a Spell/Trap to use for Special Summoning the Main Deck monsters.

No. An easy Normal Spell rip effect is a no. There are many Rip Spells banned. Please brainstorm again.

I understand adding the banish after leaving the field part, so I added it. I also understand the need to promote interactive gameplay, so having the effect be used only during the opponent's turn isn't that bad of a trade-off. Most of the cards would be dead on the field until the next turn (except for Pop on Rocks and DeadBeats), but I guess that means I can possibly chain link against a Raigeki, or instantly recover DeadBeats after it's destroyed and renew its effects. This also means I'll be changing their effect restrictions to "You can only use 1 eff of x per turn", because I can't use the other eff anyway. (It also saves space)

Psct:
During your opponent's Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 "Holomyth" monster in your GY, then target 1 "Holomyth" Spell/Trap in your GY; Set it to your field, but banish it when it leaves the field. It can be activated this turn.
You can only use 1 "......" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #13 by Saraak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:39 pm

Rocket2 wrote: In that case, alright, 4 effects, just for this card only. Mistake in 4th effect. According to Konami: [Effects do not and never target a card(s) in the hand, Main Deck, or Extra Deck. Only the field, Graveyard, or the Banished cards.] So the only appropriate effect left is add 1 banished "Holomyth" card to your hand. You can get back ur banished S/T.
Psct:
Each effect .... only be used once while this card.....
Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects.

Rocket2 wrote: No. An easy Normal Spell rip effect is a no. There are many Rip Spells banned. Please brainstorm again.

That's reasonable. I just opened up DB and saw there were 3 cards with that effect, so that's a yikes. I still want to somehow remove their 'Head' metaphorically, so how about banishing the top card of their deck? The cost will remain relatively the same, and it doesn't really reduce their hand size.

Rocket2 wrote: Psct:
During your opponent's Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 "Holomyth" monster in your GY, then target 1 "Holomyth" Spell/Trap in your GY; Set it to your field, but banish it when it leaves the field. It can be activated this turn.
You can only use 1 "......" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Ah, I got cost and conditions mixed up again, and thanks for helping with the one per turn thing. There are a lot of those in Yugioh, for some reason.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #14 by Saraak » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:22 am

Update: I haven't found much to change from the archetype after a short break, but I did change 'Off with their Heads' so that it's based on the target's Rank/LV instead of a flat 10.

In addition, a new card was added (in accordance with a HoloEN member releasing a new song), which is "Holomyth Sponsorship – Ibasho". It's basically an Equip-Spell that recovers archetype Spell/Trap in the GY by setting them directly, but they're banished if they leave the field. Not too sure on the effect, but I wanted to make a new card to celebrate Mori Calliope's official sponsored song with Princess Connect Re:Dive(?).

Saraak
Mood:

Post #15 by Saraak » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:39 am

Update: I think I'm going to rework this archetype much like I did my "trospecter" archetype. This just doesn't have a coherent theme, so I'm going to modify it heavily. May take a week or two though, because I'm low on ideas. Might swap around the managers and talents so that the managers are the Main Deck monsters and the Extra Deck monsters are the Holomyth Talents... and cut down on the Spell and Trap cards, and maybe limit myself to 1 Spell/Trap relating to each talent.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #16 by Saraak » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:04 pm

The current iteration of the Cards and a Sample Decklist can be found from the previous links, as I have merely edited their contents, but I'll provide it again below. Art Source(s) also remain relatively the same, except for Jchad, but I used another piece from the same artist.

Sample Deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7426702

The "Holomyth" archetype presently has 5 boss monsters that can be Summoned (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Link) and require around 2 "Holomyth" materials each. They don't have true HOPT effects, but their effects usually involve the corresponding archetypal Spell/Trap Cards for maximum effect, which are listed in their card text and are based on songs relating to them. In addition to this, these 5 Boss Monsters have the capability of Summoning Tokens. These Tokens can supplement either the Boss effects, the Main Deck monsters' effects, or the effects of the Spell/Trap cards.

In order to search these Spell/Trap cards, the Main Deck monsters (except the Ritual) are capable of revealing the Bosses from the Deck or Extra Deck and adding any Spell/Trap that is listed in their text. This is to incentivize running multiple of them, and also creates the risk of being unable to search the listed Spell/Trap if you can't reveal them.

TLDR; Summoning Tokens and revealing Boss Monsters to add Spell/Traps. Or, reveal a VTuber and produce an appropriate Song (from the Deck).

The following is a short breakdown for each card if you want to look at them individually;

Main Deck Monsters (Managers), a total of 3:
  • Enma: Primary Starter and Searcher, can be brought back but banished if you Summon a Token
  • Jenma: Searches when used as Material, can be brought back but banished if you Summon a Token
  • Jchad: Play Extender
Boss Monsters (VTuber Talents), a total of 5:
  • Ritual: Summons a Token if a player Normal Summons; also can potentially recycle banished Spells/Traps.
  • Fusion: Summons a Token if your opponent Special Summons a monster from the GY; negates by banishing the Continuous Spell.
  • Synchro: Summons a Token by being Summoned by its own effect from the GY; will banish itself if the Counter Trap was not banished
  • Xyz: Summons a Token by detaching 1; can also be Xyz Summoned w/ 1 material by banishing the face-up Field Spell.
  • Link: Summons a Token by inflicting Battle Damage; its activated effect can only work if the Quickplay Spell was used.
Spells/Traps (Songs), a total of 6:
  • Continous Trap: Provides 4 effects that can only be used once each while on the field (Draw 1, Foolish 1 MD, SS from Hand, SS a Token).
  • Counter Trap: Basically Infernity Barrier but requires a Tribute.
  • Normal Spell: A Ritual/Fusion Summoning card that also Summons a Token.
  • Continuous Spell: Searches 1 of the MD Monsters, also ATK Modulation based on how many Tokens you have
  • Quickplay Spell: SS from hand or GY; can banish from GY to change 1 monster on the field to Defense Position, also set its DEF to 0
  • Field Spell: Battle Protection for Boss Monsters if either a Token or the MD Monsters are on the field. Also has a trigger effect when a Token is Summoned (Draw 1; OR Shuffle 1 banished card).

KTeknis

Post #17 by KTeknis » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:32 pm

You forgot to remove the fish again.
Also "Holomyth Special – Myth or Treat" references "Holomyth Fan" in it card text, but there's no longer a "Holomyth Fan" card in your cardlist.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Saraak
Mood:

Post #18 by Saraak » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:28 pm

The "Holomyth Fan" refers to the Tokens that the Boss monsters Summon as part of their effects.

Also, I kept the Fish in, because I might end up reworking it in the near future, as I am not quite satisfied with the current iteration. It bricks far too often, but that might just be my Sample Deck being plain bad.

EDIT: I just realized that referring to them as `"Holomyth" Token` instead of `"Holomyth Fan" monster` is much shorter and saves space on card text. It should be updated now.
Last edited by Saraak on Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christen57

Post #19 by Christen57 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:13 pm

Saraak wrote:The current iteration of the Cards and a Sample Decklist can be found from the previous links, as I have merely edited their contents, but I'll provide it again below. Art Source(s) also remain relatively the same, except for Jchad, but I used another piece from the same artist.

Sample Deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7426702

The "Holomyth" archetype presently has 5 boss monsters that can be Summoned (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Link) and require around 2 "Holomyth" materials each. They don't have true HOPT effects, but their effects usually involve the corresponding archetypal Spell/Trap Cards for maximum effect, which are listed in their card text and are based on songs relating to them. In addition to this, these 5 Boss Monsters have the capability of Summoning Tokens. These Tokens can supplement either the Boss effects, the Main Deck monsters' effects, or the effects of the Spell/Trap cards.

In order to search these Spell/Trap cards, the Main Deck monsters (except the Ritual) are capable of revealing the Bosses from the Deck or Extra Deck and adding any Spell/Trap that is listed in their text. This is to incentivize running multiple of them, and also creates the risk of being unable to search the listed Spell/Trap if you can't reveal them.

TLDR; Summoning Tokens and revealing Boss Monsters to add Spell/Traps. Or, reveal a VTuber and produce an appropriate Song (from the Deck).

The following is a short breakdown for each card if you want to look at them individually;

Main Deck Monsters (Managers), a total of 3:
  • Enma: Primary Starter and Searcher, can be brought back but banished if you Summon a Token
  • Jenma: Searches when used as Material, can be brought back but banished if you Summon a Token
  • Jchad: Play Extender
Boss Monsters (VTuber Talents), a total of 5:
  • Ritual: Summons a Token if a player Normal Summons; also can potentially recycle banished Spells/Traps.
  • Fusion: Summons a Token if your opponent Special Summons a monster from the GY; negates by banishing the Continuous Spell.
  • Synchro: Summons a Token by being Summoned by its own effect from the GY; will banish itself if the Counter Trap was not banished
  • Xyz: Summons a Token by detaching 1; can also be Xyz Summoned w/ 1 material by banishing the face-up Field Spell.
  • Link: Summons a Token by inflicting Battle Damage; its activated effect can only work if the Quickplay Spell was used.
Spells/Traps (Songs), a total of 6:
  • Continous Trap: Provides 4 effects that can only be used once each while on the field (Draw 1, Foolish 1 MD, SS from Hand, SS a Token).
  • Counter Trap: Basically Infernity Barrier but requires a Tribute.
  • Normal Spell: A Ritual/Fusion Summoning card that also Summons a Token.
  • Continuous Spell: Searches 1 of the MD Monsters, also ATK Modulation based on how many Tokens you have
  • Quickplay Spell: SS from hand or GY; can banish from GY to change 1 monster on the field to Defense Position, also set its DEF to 0
  • Field Spell: Battle Protection for Boss Monsters if either a Token or the MD Monsters are on the field. Also has a trigger effect when a Token is Summoned (Draw 1; OR Shuffle 1 banished card).

I used to word my custom effects in the format of "effect 1. effect 2. You can only use each effect of this card once per turn"
until a few people suggested to me that I instead word my custom effects like:
You can only use each of these effects of this card once per turn.
● effect 1.
● effect 2.

since it would be easier to read that way, assuming none of those effects already use bullet points or line breaks of their own.

Ever since then, I've always been trying to word my customs like that and found it easier to read that way.

You should do the same with some of your customs, like so:

You can only use each of these effects of "Holomyth Manager – Enma" once per turn.
● When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can reveal 1 "Holomyth" monster from your Deck or Extra Deck; add 1 "Holomyh" Spell/Trap that is specifically listed on that card's text.
● If a "Holomyth Fan" is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon this card from the GY, but banish it if it leaves the field.

which is easier to read than:

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can reveal 1 "Holomyth" monster from your Deck or Extra Deck; add 1 "Holomyh" Spell/Trap that is specifically listed on that card's text. If a "Holomyth Fan" is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon this card from the GY, but banish it if it leaves the field. You can only use each effect of "Holomyth Manager – Enma" once per turn.

Anyways, as for the rest of the cards...

Holomyth Manager – Jenma's first effect needs to trigger if it's tributed or used as material, not when, or else it will always miss that activation timing. Tributing for tribute/ritual summons and using things for fusion, synchro, xyz, and link summons will cause optional trigger effects to miss timing unless they use "if" instead of "when". https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugioh101/comments/fgtbwy/comment/fk6qotw/
Also, when referring to a card that's specifically listed in another card's text, you don't need to say "add 1 "Holomyth" Spell/Trap that is specifically listed on that card's text." You can instead say:
add 1 "Holomyth" Spell/Trap that is listed on the revealed monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.
without including the "specifically" or "text" part. There's no need for either of those anymore. Just say "that is listed on that card" when referring to specific cards listed on other specific cards, instead of "that is specifically listed in that card's text". There's no need for anymore "specifically" or "that card's text" stuff.
You also need to remember to specify where you're adding that spell/trap from since you didn't in this case.

Holomyth Manager – Jchad's effect should be an activated trigger effect, and should specify the Holomyth Manager archetype instead of just Holomyth Manager, since it currently doesn't look like it would work right. It's effect should be worded like:
If a "Holomyth Manager" monster's effect is activated: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Holomyth Manager – Jchad" once per turn.

Also, this:

you can Special Summon this card in Defense Position (from your hand or GY)

isn't how you word a special summon effect. You're supposed to specify the location(s) first, like in this case the hand/GY, then specify the battle position the monster in question is being special summoned in, like how Boost Warrior is worded.
There are a few exceptions to this. Some cards like Interrupted Kaiju Slumber do specify battle position first then location, but in yugioh, since you usually pick the location your summoning monsters from first then the battle position your summoning those monsters in, it's often better for effects like this to specify location first then battle position.

Holomyth Meeting – Executive Debate probably doesn't need that additional requirement that you control no monsters since it's already hard once per turn and not too powerful enough where it would need a restriction like that anyway.

Holomyth Special – Myth or Treat doesn't need OR capitalized with a colon. You could just say "You can draw 1 card or shuffle 1 banished "Holomyth" card into the Deck."

Holomyth Single – Reflect's restriction, like other cards, should be
You can only use 1 "Holomyth Single – Reflect" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
not
You can only activate 1 effect of "Holomyth Single – Reflect" per turn.

Holomyth Song – Violet's first sentence can be
"Activate 1 of these effects."
instead of
"Choose 1 of the following effects:"

Holomyth Detective – Amelia should specify who she detaches from to activate her effect, whether it's from herself or from another xyz, instead of just saying "You can detach 1 material".

Holomyth Hunter – Gura doesn't need a period between "2 monsters" and "including" for her materials. Just "2 monsters inlcuding a "Holomyth" monster" will do.

Holomyth Phoenix – Kiara should say + 1 non-Tuner "Holomyth" monster instead of + 1 "Holomyth" non-Tuner. The former is the proper way to word synchro materials.

Holomyth Reaper – Calliope's "Once per turn, you can banish 1 face-up "Holomyth Album – Deadbeats" you control; negate the effects of 1 face-up card your opponent controls" effect should have a colon after "turn" instead of a comma since it's an effect you're activating, and once you include that colon, the "you" in "you can banish" should be capitalized since you're having it right after a colon.
You can say "negate the effects of 1 card your opponent controls" without specifying "face-up" since effects, by default, can't negate the effects of face-down cards anyways unless the effect in question is being directly responded to, like how Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring negates "that effect" she responds to.
Also, instead of "but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn," you can say "but you cannot Special Summon for the rest of this turn" without including "monsters" there.

Wish I had time to give more feedback but I'm busy with something else at the moment.

Return to “Custom Cards”