Broken or under?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
| Hanverid |
Mood:

Broken or under?

Post #1 by | Hanverid | » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Handtrap Book of Moon? I do not know if it is actually searchable but if it isn't I actually think it is a bit lackluster.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #3 by | Hanverid | » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:42 pm

Yh, it is searchable. The card is pretty good, like not the best card in the game, but works really good as a "removal" it doesn't send the cards to the GY (where some monsters gain additional effects), etc.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Futuregamer

Post #4 by Futuregamer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:34 pm

Even if it wasn't searchable, it's op. It's floodgate trap hole's effect but without needing to be set first or triggering at a specific time. It's a strict upgrade of an existing card.

Rocket2

Post #5 by Rocket2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:33 am

Its broken, and there are some confusions on what it does. It can't overwhelmingly overshadow Book of Moon, or other Spell Speed 2 or higher Spells/Traps Blanket.

You see since you are using the words "Make your opponent" instead of targeting, this would mean that this is not an effect that blanket a monster, but an effect that force the opponent to take certain action. Similar to Evenly Match or Apoqliphort Towers. So the part that "by this effect cannot change its battle position" is well, not an effect, so this part doesn't work. Also, this can't be "your choice", because English & what I just said above. In conclusion, this card is not really a blanket effect, but still does it job but better as it can bypass unaffected by other card effects monster. Which is clearly OP.

I said just do what Impermanence does, and changed it into a target cost. But 1 more condition in activating the trap, because Impermanence can at least allow the opp to make ED monsters, but not this. Maybe you can said "When your opponent Summons exactly 1 monster (and no other cards)", or something similar. This way, the opp can maybe at least benefit from their Normal or SSed effect. Oh I almost forgot, remove the "cannot change its battle position". Let this trap selling point is being a handtrap. Don't overshadow Floodgate Trap Hole or other similar traps.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #6 by | Hanverid | » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:25 pm

Rocket2 wrote:Its broken, and there are some confusions on what it does. It can't overwhelmingly overshadow Book of Moon, or other Spell Speed 2 or higher Spells/Traps Blanket.

You see since you are using the words "Make your opponent" instead of targeting, this would mean that this is not an effect that blanket a monster, but an effect that force the opponent to take certain action. Similar to Evenly Match or Apoqliphort Towers. So the part that "by this effect cannot change its battle position" is well, not an effect, so this part doesn't work. Also, this can't be "your choice", because English & what I just said above. In conclusion, this card is not really a blanket effect, but still does it job but better as it can bypass unaffected by other card effects monster. Which is clearly OP.

I said just do what Impermanence does, and changed it into a target cost. But 1 more condition in activating the trap, because Impermanence can at least allow the opp to make ED monsters, but not this. Maybe you can said "When your opponent Summons exactly 1 monster (and no other cards)", or something similar. This way, the opp can maybe at least benefit from their Normal or SSed effect. Oh I almost forgot, remove the "cannot change its battle position". Let this trap selling point is being a handtrap. Don't overshadow Floodgate Trap Hole or other similar traps.

Ah, you noticed the "Make your opponent" part of the text. And yh, maybe I need to modify this card a little, I made it 1 year ago and haven't changed anything since then (nor played with the custom deck.)

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #7 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:54 pm

Hanverid, don't listen to anything these custom card reviewers have to say. They lost all of my respect after how they were being racist to me for not "following their standards."

Leave the card the way it was and continue making cards you want. Don't let others gatekeep you from making cards to your desire.

Return to “Custom Cards”