Post your custom made cards in this forum
MibeR

Skeletorn (Zombie)

Post #1 by MibeR » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:39 am

Cardlist:
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7583841

Here's the Decklist example.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7053627

Feedback, critic, comments, anything appreciated! Gonna update them later because i was busy with new Arches and IRL stuffs.
Last edited by MibeR on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 am

Minor psct aside, I must said, the archetype theme is interesting but OP & slightly inconsistent "theme". They need to be nerf greatly.

Nerf their Main Phase effects to "If this card is Normal or Special Summoned", or "If Special Summoned this way". If they are going to use a free cost in the GY to activate their effects, then at the very least, they can miss their timing. What this mean is that the Normal Summoned monster may not activate their effects, but now it allow Link & start the MD monsters SS.

But now I think about it, is there any point in negating ur monsters effect to SS. Even if we used the original Main Phase effect, they will "almost" always activate before you negate their effects for spam. You need an actual drawback in the (negate effects), like they lose their passive, or slow Battle Phase/ Main Phase 2 activation. Even though I said nerf them below, I would very much appreciate if you can change most of their effects into something they may not all the time work, due to negating own monsters' effects.

The "You can shuffle 1 "Skeletorn" monster from your GY to the Deck", give it a target cost. This way the opp can interact and stop the combo, using D.D Crow or Called by the Grave.

Armored Knight. Huh? Why it got 2k Def & not 0. The zombie theme. Same with War King.

Crown Prince. Nerf it. It shouldn't be able to free SS their bosses as a MD monster. You can nerf it by saying negate its effect, SSed in Defense Position, and non-Link.

Triscythe Reaper. Nerf it. Just said stick with destroy 1 monster, or face-up monster your opp control. This prevent a combo with popping ur monster, and its kind strong just for a LV4 MD monster to have "send" as removal.

Troops is an odd one. It doesn't have "You can shuffle 1 "Skeletorn" monster from your GY to the Deck;.." it just a free 2 dump for a Zombie archetype. Just copy the cost part, for an extra monster in the GY.

Ancient Grave of Skeletorn. Nerf it due to the fact the deck high spamming. You can even floodgate the opponent 2 monsters, just by normal summon, then 1 SS from hand, and past the turn. I'm not sure what can replace it, but it must affect both players if the effect is severe. Lastly, I think u are missing the cost that it banish itself from the GY to SS 1 monster in the GY. Kind of cheap. Go with the same nerf like Crown Prince, but with another cost like discard 1 card.

Madness. Nerf it by removing "GY" part to the Deck. Aim for a breakeven with this kind of archetype Normal Spell, not an easy searchable +1. Just remove its 2nd effect, the negated face-up theme should be respected.

Haunted House, another odd one. It doesn't do any shuffle part. Just pick 1 benefit. Either dump, or add Spell. Psct; it should said "..., except Haunted House of Skeletorn". The 2nd effect is a free mandatory blanket..... Change it into something weaker.

Spellbinder. I don't get it. SSed from the Extra Deck is just that. There is no from their GY and field. Said no Zombie monsters bec it ran Eldlich cards. Add a HOPT if you want to shuffle monster from the GY. Wait a min. Handtrap & recover?! Pick 1 of them only, don't go nuts.

Joker. Keep the SSed monster effects negated bec of the MD theme. Cheap float. Konami's Elphase only redeem quality is the float that SS with heavy restrictions. U just need to remove 1 of them, and replace it with another mediocre effect. Also, don't made this archetype like its a sub-archetype to Eldlich. I see you have the send 1 Spell/Trap as cost, but their Skeletorn had nothing to do with it. Change this. It defeat their theme.

Ogre. That go with this Link too. Its 1st effect.......should just be a negation, no follow up floodgate that only for ur opp. I mean WTF dude. Show some restraints. Psct mistake on its 2nd effect. Its "After damage calculation", you can type it in DB & copy from there. Now that I see all the Links, they did not do the "negate own monsters" theme at all. Brainstorm some more and do let them do the theme. It might be possible you may cut out the Links, & just go all in MD monsters. Maybe turn the Links into a MD bosses instead.

PS: Here just some crazy ideas. What if you "must" negate your own monsters' effects due to maybe, just maybe, all of the non-bosses have a heavy restriction continuous theme in that the user can only SS Skeletorns, or pop themselves if there is a non-Skeletorn you control (Burning Abyss).
Last edited by Rocket2 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MibeR

Post #3 by MibeR » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:59 pm

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I make them sligtly OP to counter current OP META (VW, Dragon Link,etc), i must agree though that spellbinder need to have only 1 effect (handtrap only), Crown Prince can's SS Link monster is a great feedback.

I'll consider some of the nerf effect

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #4 by parhelia_0000 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:55 pm

MibeR, don't listen to anything Rocket2 has to say. This guy was being racist to me for not "following his standards."

Leave your deck the way it is and continue making cards the way YOU want. Don't let others gatekeep you from creating decks that you want to make.

MibeR

Post #5 by MibeR » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:23 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:MibeR, don't listen to anything Rocket2 has to say. This guy was being racist to me for not "following his standards."

Leave your deck the way it is and continue making cards the way YOU want. Don't let others gatekeep you from creating decks that you want to make.

Thankyou parhelia i will always follow my own idea and playstyle when it comes to making a Custom. But i always accept some great feedback, cheers 8-)

KTeknis

Post #6 by KTeknis » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:14 pm

MibeR wrote:Thankyou parhelia i will always follow my own idea and playstyle when it comes to making a Custom. But i always accept some great feedback, cheers 8-)

I think Parhelia was making that post when he was "Waging war" against the entire Custom Card critic because he dislike Rocket2 maybe due to him either choose not to listen to his advice but Rocket2 start harassing him because he chooses not to, or his "advice" is somewhat waaaay too harsh for him to accept. (his advice isn't usually this polite before when he reviews some very OP card. Also I think it's more the former, sorry Rocket2.)

However he do have it's right. Don't let people gatekeep you from making certain card. For example you can make a franchise deck even if Futuregamer, one of our more popular reviewer, don't like it. I think just follow your own judgement on which advice to apply.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Custom Cards”