Dovah Reimagined: A new take to CM's card

Post your custom made cards in this forum
KTeknis

Re: Dovah Reimagined: A new take to CM's card

Post #21 by KTeknis » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:29 am

I know I could trust you when it comes to balancing.
PSCT Fix for most cards. I think I got all of them?
Altar: Buffed the first effect and completely remove the fourth effect. It's already long enough to cover almost the entire textbox when extended.
Ascension: Removed cost, altered how it summons and PSCT fix. I always worried that this card might be overly powerful if used at the first turn, I once tested it allowing turn 1 use and I think I could make the same end board as Parheila's Arkraiders, which you said is Busted as heck.
Proving Ground: Changed it's name a bit. the 2 counter eff become Yosen Training Ground's ATK Buff, while the fourth eff now only SS from either GY or Deck. Also HOPT for both.
Dragon Soul: Make it a Hard Twice per turn instead. I'm still don't have better Idea on how to buff that one at the moment.
Divine Safeguard: Removed cost and buffed the condition. The reason the LP cost is there is because it's "original's" equivalent has 1000 LP as a cost
Fusion: PSCT fix
Corrin: The on Fusion Summoned effect become protection to Effect destroy. For a bootleg Span, it's still OP i guess?
Chihiro: PSCT Fix and search only in the deck only.

Wow, 4 cards needing a buff. Tbh I forgotten that KONAMI also made 6 Attribute monster too.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

greg503

Post #22 by greg503 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:39 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:also all ur showing is you like my custom cards reguardless of the image

If you're so confident in your cards then make them public
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #23 by CrystalMusic » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:54 pm

greg503 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:also all ur showing is you like my custom cards reguardless of the image

i will when the majority start saying they like my cards instead of whining about them.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #24 by LightCaster » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:56 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:

i will when the majority start saying they like my cards instead of whining about them.

We'll start liking them when you get your head out of your inhumanly tight rectum and BALANCE THEM

greg503

Post #25 by greg503 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:40 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Maybe they would like them if they were allowed to play them (against you).
Buy Floowandereeze

KTeknis

Post #26 by KTeknis » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:16 am

Rocket2 sent me a DM on further nerf of these cards, so i changed them.
- The effect of all Main Deck monster become "If this card is Normal or Special Summoned while you control another non-", He said it's op to have search, pop, etc, Once per turn.
- Ascension is nerfed. The monster is summoned in Defense Position with it's eff negated. Rocket2 kinda changed is mind there.
- Proving Ground's 4 counter eff now SS from hand or GY, not Deck. Also it's now limited to level 4's now.
- Aav and Aielas's eff is changed. Aiela now SS from hand in Defense Position, while Aav now can search any Dovah cards from deck.
- Further changes on the Fusions:
- Corrin's old passive protection (the unafected by card effect that doesn't target or destroy) become it's active protection when Fusion Summoned. It's new passive protection become "If a "Dovah" Monster you control battles, your opponent cannot activate card effects until the end of the Damage Step."
- Vorkii's On Fusion Summon eff is E-HERO Great Tornado's On Fusion Summon eff. (halving target monster's ATK and DEF)
- Tuil's activated eff is tributing 1 dovah monster, then returning all Monster your opponent control with equal or less ATK than tributed Dovah. (I think i should put some kind of restriction here)
- Tharovin No longer halves ATK and DEF.

And to wrap this up, a replay of this deck VS NagisaShiota's Yuya themed deck. If you like longer duel, then here you go. I even forgot to put my Link back in that duel!
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=471916-25540501

Rocket2

Post #27 by Rocket2 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:01 am

KTeknis wrote:Rocket2 sent me a DM on further nerf of these cards, so i changed them.
- The effect of all Main Deck monster become "If this card is Normal or Special Summoned while you control another non-", He said it's op to have search, pop, etc, Once per turn.
- Ascension is nerfed. The monster is summoned in Defense Position with it's eff negated. Rocket2 kinda changed is mind there.
- Proving Ground's 4 counter eff now SS from hand or GY, not Deck. Also it's now limited to level 4's now.
- Aav and Aielas's eff is changed. Aiela now SS from hand in Defense Position, while Aav now can search any Dovah cards from deck.
- Further changes on the Fusions:
- Corrin's old passive protection (the unafected by card effect that doesn't target or destroy) become it's active protection when Fusion Summoned. It's new passive protection become "If a "Dovah" Monster you control battles, your opponent cannot activate card effects until the end of the Damage Step."
- Vorkii's On Fusion Summon eff is E-HERO Great Tornado's On Fusion Summon eff. (halving target monster's ATK and DEF)
- Tuil's activated eff is tributing 1 dovah monster, then returning all Monster your opponent control with equal or less ATK than tributed Dovah. (I think i should put some kind of restriction here)
- Tharovin No longer halves ATK and DEF.

And to wrap this up, a replay of this deck VS NagisaShiota's Yuya themed deck. If you like longer duel, then here you go. I even forgot to put my Link back in that duel!
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=471916-25540501

I can't help myself :p When you'd previously mentioned Parheila, it got me thinking "Could I had miss something important?" And yes, yes I did.

I thought AAV can search for any "Dovah" card now? But after seeing the replay again, maybe she is fine the way she is, since you got plenty of 1 draw effects, and the Link.
Altar best buff to the said "ATK/DEF" too. Or not.

Give all of the Fusion Monsters HOPT each effect, and remove the soft "Once per turn". Check all of them in psct on (Attribute), & (.."Dovah" monsters.). Best said (each "Dovah" monster) instead of every.
Corrin psct: (....effect; until the...), and, (....activate cards or effects...)
Vorkii psct: "When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target face-up monsters your opponent controls, up to the number of "Dovah" monsters you control with different Attribute; halve their ATK and DEF. During your Main Phase: You can target 1 "Dovah" monster you control; it gain 500 ATK for each "Dovah" monster you control with different Attribute until the End Phase."
Tuil, best swap between the 2 effects for balance similar to Vorkii. psct: "When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Tribute 1 "Dovah" monster you control; return all face-up monsters your opponent controls with ATK less than or equal to the Tributed monster's to the hand. During your Main Phase: You can target "Dovah" cards in your GY, up to the number of "Dovah" monsters you control with different Attribute; shuffle them into the deck, and if you do, draw 1 card."

Now I think your deck are finished, balanced & decent. Be proud KTeknis :D
If CM have any braincell left alive, I'm sure he will be very envious now. But he didn't, so too bad for him. :lol:

KTeknis

Post #28 by KTeknis » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:49 pm

I guess I'm almost there.
For Aav, it was a mistype, but then I decided to keep it that way, since Liz/Mocah combo exist.
The field spell gain a new name: Grand Altar of Dovah. Rocket2 said that since the spell relies more on the Fusion Spell, the field spell isn't critical. I also made it increase DEF too.
All Fusions gain HOPT, except Corrin, since i think his effect isn't something that can be activated more than twice per turn? Also PSCT Fix for all of them.
Tuil effect is swapped with each other. It's recycle eff become activated eff, while the tribute to return eff become it's eff when Fusion Summoned.

I guess that's all that needs changing. It seems that I'm done with this Archetype, unless there's a problem with the Field Spell can be sent to GY by Liz.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #29 by CrystalMusic » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:35 pm

like i said, all your showing is you envy my cards thats why you decided to "Steal" them. either that or you just like my taste in art.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #30 by KTeknis » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:47 pm

If it's envy, It would be stronger than the original. Not my taste.
If it's the taste of art, it could be. I used 8 artwork from your cards out of 19 cards created, almost half of it.

As I said, your cards are too overpowered to be use in a fair duel, and you don't seems to listen to critic, so decided to takes matter into my own hand.

Rocket2

Post #31 by Rocket2 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:49 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:like i said, all your showing is you envy my cards thats why you decided to "Steal" them. either that or you just like my taste in art.

Definition of Steal. - Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

Nobody want to steal your trash of a cards. And if we want too, we'll literally just get them and place in a decklist for our own use. That is what you call stealing. Go and relearn English you adult child.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #32 by Lil Oldman » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:52 pm

As the title said, they are "Reimagined", the art ya choose (chose?) clearly deserves better than just "haha funny stats" or "haha funny lock down"
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #33 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:56 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:like i said, all your showing is you envy my cards thats why you decided to "Steal" them. either that or you just like my taste in art.

Not everything can be boiled down to a false dilemma fallacy.

KTeknis

Post #34 by KTeknis » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:58 pm

Actually, that gave me an Idea:
Taking a badly designed archetype and make it better.
"Pimp my Ride": DB Custom Archetype version.

DuskWill

Post #35 by DuskWill » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:20 pm

KTeknis wrote:Actually, that gave me an Idea:
Taking a badly designed archetype and make it better.
"Pimp my Ride": DB Custom Archetype version.

Well, Thomas Edison never really invented the light bulb anyway. Be amazing in the same sense (as the light bulb example, Edison actually was quite a jerk, according to history).
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

KTeknis

Post #36 by KTeknis » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:36 pm

My last duel with Futuregamer reveals a glaring weakness on the deck: The deck's mechanic turns out make it vulnerable to disruption. However I'm afraid of taking a more drastic change or addition in fear that the deck becomes too overpowered. So only 1 change is made:

Corrin's first eff is changed to setting Divine Safeguard directly from deck or GY, with it can be activated this turn. I find his old first effect to be near useless to gain advantage from. Also for the first time, Corrin gain HOPT clause on one of it's effect.

Aside from that, I still can't bring myself to power the deck further (aside from finding something that can give Dragon Soul better use). As Futuregamer himself once said, powering up your custom just to beat a certain person only makes you an idiot.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #37 by LightCaster » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:50 am

Imagine being your own hype you think people forcibly taking your shitty ideas to make them better because you can't be assed to balance them yourself.

!!! (AQ) Blinkill
Mood:

Post #38 by !!! (AQ) Blinkill » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:15 am

The artwork of those cards is seriously amazing.
Signature testing, so it won't be deleted (Again).

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #39 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:07 am

!!! (AQ) Blinkill wrote:The artwork of those cards is seriously amazing.

some of those cards im the one who found the art to it. i have a very fine taste in art. i know how to find really good imagery, i mean do you know how many different images i had to look for to create the following:
3,052 custom cards - 23 which are public, 83 custom archetypes, and 104 custom decks

KTeknis

Post #40 by KTeknis » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:18 am

CrystalMusic wrote:some of those cards im the one who found the art to it. i have a very fine taste in art. i know how to find really good imagery, i mean do you know how many different images i had to look for to create the following:
3,052 custom cards - 23 which are public, 83 custom archetypes, and 104 custom decks

8 card to be exact: Aav, Goraan, Liz, Proving Ground, Dragon Soul, Tharovin, Tul, and Vorkii.
Some of his original Dovah card is posted on the this thread's first page.

Return to “Custom Cards”