Persona 5

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Rocket2

Re: Persona 5

Post #21 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:07 am

Hashmal wrote:2-Why not ? It's custom for fun, not get in yugi lore.
3- Since union monster are a type of monster with their own ruling like tuner, i find it quite heavy on text to always tell how it work, I don't get the need in explaining it, since it's so old and simple.
4- Rule of cool. I find the rush duel card appearance nice, so i took it. If my opponent don't get it, i doubt it would be fun to play with anyway so thanks you , but i like it that way.
5- I Don't get rush duel ruling, and I don't recommend play this in that format since it wasn't design to be play in that format anyway. Read what was already tell.

My intention with this was to make a good looking and fun to play archetype. It's not mean to be serious or OP. I did some play test and found out it was pretty weak but the gimmick aspect work and did some flamboyant play. You took time to rewiew so i took time answering, but keep your shark teeth in defense position here. Thank you for the link by the way, it was really instructive.

If your deck is meant to be a troll decks, its a lousy one. Please go read what Divine Attribute, Rush cards & Union Monsters does, before you further humiliate yourself. Don't think & act like that fat CrystalMusic pls. I never said they are OP, but even on minimum serious LV, Rush Card should be in a Rush Duel only. "4) If my opponent don't get it, i doubt it would be fun to play with anyway" Of course they don't get it, no one like an opponent who think they can do whatever they want. (cough CM cough). You don't like getting any criticism and want to act like another fucking tyrant who bend Konami rules & cards, then don't post! :evil: (Sign) This is why Custom have so many bad reputations. And lastly, your welcome for the link article. Its a good guide.

KTeknis

Post #22 by KTeknis » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:21 am

Rocket2 wrote:Thank you KTeknis for your rational opinion.
james123 I'm disappointed in you. You really catch me off-guard with "I don't care about HOPTs". Truly I thought only losers like CrystalMusic can't understand the need for HOPT in modern yugioh. That is why speedsterduelist is your friend, you both have the same foul mindset. Hate Meta & can't see their cards are broken, oh no, you are both heading into CM path. That shithead Parchelia_0000 know his cards is broken as hell, because he design it that way. However, you sadly also share some of CM attitude in that you hate any criticism on you or your works, and actually threaten (joke or not) to bomb me for my rational analysis. Today is a sad day. I had misjudge you james123.

No problem, but to be honest i think this is my least rational argument in this forum because I'm just hella pissed at the moment. I felt so betrayed there.
Hashmal wrote:Oh boy I love a good fight but come on, you guys are better than that. A least make it worth some popcorn. I cannot make my day out of this. Well, guess i have to Find something better to do than solving you're bad behavior beetween eachother(Exept you KTeknis you seems nice). Like improving my card. So anybody can help me with the psct? because I'm not that good in english to find and solve the problem by myself.

Oh, yeah, forgot about you for a moment, at least Rocket2 do remembered lol. But still, I'm currently playing a Facebook game for a moment, so for now:
The reason why it's not a good idea to make a DIVINE attributes Customs is because Konami intended the Divine attribute to be exclusives to the Egyptian Gods, same for Creator-God which is exclusives for Horakhty. Rocket2 once posted about this in another thread.
Rocket2 wrote:
KingOfGames150 wrote: The Divine-Beast thing is something I truly don't understand people having an issue with, hopefully u could explain that part?

Its quite simple. Konami actions had made it very clear that only the Egyptian Gods can have this. Much like the "Creator God" type. When Konami make cards with the text "Divine-Beast", everyone will know immediately, it is an Egyptian Gods supports. Also, Divine-Beast are not an excuse to make broken cards. This is pure baseless biased. No type are the best or worst. (Typing favorited by Konami, absolutely, but not by default that 1 type is superior/inferior than the rest). The Divine-Beast in the anime/manga are busted & very weird (except Aesir), but in real physical card, they are trash.

And this is just my uneducated guess, but its Konami fault in the naming. Much like with the Sacred Beast, the archetype name is not in their monsters' name, unlike most archetype. So Konami either need to
a) Write 2 lines just for the monsters name (like with the Sacred Beasts' cards: Fallen Paradise & Hyper Blaze)
b) Make an exclusive type (like Divine-Beast only for the Egyptian Gods).

I also recommend prioritizing balance first over design, lore, artwork, etc. Usually Rocket2 might be happy to explain more detail about it but i think he's even more hella pissed than me.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Hashmal

Post #23 by Hashmal » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:43 am

Rocket2 wrote:If your deck is meant to be a troll decks, its a lousy one. Please go read what Divine Attribute, Rush cards & Union Monsters does, before you further humiliate yourself. Don't think & act like that fat CrystalMusic pls. I never said they are OP, but even on minimum serious LV, Rush Card should be in a Rush Duel only. "4) If my opponent don't get it, i doubt it would be fun to play with anyway" Of course they don't get it, no one like an opponent who think they can do whatever they want. (cough CM cough). You don't like getting any criticism and want to act like another fucking tyrant who bend Konami rules & cards, then don't post! :evil: (Sign) This is why Custom have so many bad reputations. And lastly, your welcome for the link article. Its a good guide.

Oh dear you really don't get it. I will try to make it clear for you. Your shark attitude is the problem here. Take a good look at yourself and ask youself if you want to be talk to the ways you does to other people. Show some empathy and try to see with little less narrow mind. You're gonna be better at socializing. I test people i talk to. For fun and to see what their about to. And you have a lot going on rocket2. You don't get why people make their own card. ANd this is sad because you seems to have a lot to offer. I agree with a lot of thing you say but not how you say it, and this is important as card text is. I don't want my deck to be publish by konami, they already did. I Want to make a deck that emulate the feeling of playing persona in yugioh. Persona is about style and neat strat and link to people. You have you're point of view on the use of rush card design and I respect that but I have mine to. You won't be able to change my or anybody mind with that attitude.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #24 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:58 am

make them normal cards, and fix the psct, on ALL of them.
b

Hashmal

Post #25 by Hashmal » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:06 am

KTeknis wrote:I also recommend prioritizing balance first over design, lore, artwork, etc. Usually Rocket2 might be happy to explain more detail about it but i think he's even more hella pissed than me.

You really are to sweet for this rotten world.
So back to the buisness, I do my thing with knowledge about what I want to do. If my monster are union It's beacause they are meant to equip themself to other monster, this effect is old, like toon, tuner and pendulum(I skip the explanation just fo the comfort of people discovering my deck) and this is part of game mechanic that does not need more explanation in card text(tuner don't explain in their text how synchro work, i have the feelling that it should be the same with union, so i did it). I use the divine attibute for a copy of legit card from tcg just to emulate the Main Charater chosen by destiny in Persona. THis is design! I have the right of using it since it's not broken or anything else. It's just a representation i feel is better suited for my ideas. Next I was cautious about rush duel card but it does nothing in term of gameplay in tcg so why bother since the deck is made for that format? I try to solve problem with my card in game not adjust to your personal taste people. Help or leave it's simple as that. But don't come to rule people, it's childish and boring.
Last edited by Hashmal on Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

KTeknis

Post #26 by KTeknis » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:10 am

I usually don't go in depth when reviewing Customs, as I still doubted my Card Making skill, but I think I should do it just for the sake of it. It's mostly PSCT stuff.

Unions:
- You don't need to make all of them Union unless they do have effect to specifically equip only themselves to other monster, See Inzektor. This also might cause your deck to unnecessaryly supported by Union supports like Union Hangar.

Phantom thieves Crow:
- Clarify "same type and attribute" as what, Capitalize "Type" and "Attribute"
- Light is capitalized "LIGHT"
- battlephase is worded "Battle Phase"
- some error at the sentence ""You can use each of "Phantom thieves Crow" once per turn." . make it "You can only use each effect of "Phantom thieves Crow" once per turn."

Phantom thieves Fox
- Again, clarify "same type and attribute" as what, Capitalize "Type" and "Attribute"
- Fire is worded "FIRE", attribute name are caps-locked for every word of it.
- Change the OPT clause to "You can only use each effect of "Phantom thieves Fox" once per turn."

Phantom thieves Guardian Sojiro
- Can you put some background other than white background?
- Add coma to the first effect, so it's "Once per turn, if you control a...."
- Also add coma before "You can special summon this card from your hand".
- special summon is capitalized "Special Summon"
- "When this card is in your GY you can discard 1 card,then special summon it." You meant Special Summon itself or Special Summon the discarded card? if the former, make it "Special Summon this card from your GY.", if the latter, it's OP.
- Also add ':' after When this card is in your GY to signify effect condition, and add ';' after "you can discard 1 card" to signify effect cost. Also you don't need "then".
- Wait, do you intent on making it Soft once per turn for both of it's effect?

dang, I'm spent. and that just three cards. I recommend learning some PSCT yourself. that FutureGamer guide have some of them, but I recommend get more sources.
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text
https://ygoprodeck.com/how-to-make-better-yu-gi-oh-custom-cards/
Also one tips I liked from the second link: If in doubt, copy actual card's text. Not all of them of course.

Rocket2

Post #27 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:11 am

"I Want to make a deck that emulate the feeling of playing persona in yugioh." Ha, that is the same shit as what CM had sprout on his other franchises decks. Ignoring everything in ruling, balance & etc.
Respect?! Said your previous post.
Hashmal wrote:Oh boy I love a good fight but come on, you guys are better than that. A least make it worth some popcorn. I cannot make my day out of this. Well, guess i have to Find something better to do than solving you're bad behavior beetween eachother(Exept you KTeknis you seems nice).

Just like CM, what you said & do contradict each others.
I had always been harsh in my analysis & give serious recommendations based on what I know, because guess what, I'm not your friend or family member, I'm shoutout your hard faults into your ignorance & stubborn face.
Here a stunning revelation to a "good behavior" fellow like you. Spirit, Tuner, Union, Toon & Gemini, all of their ruling you think are actually effects! And its a good things too! :evil: Here another mind blow fact: Tuner is a part of Synchro Summon, not "Tuner" allow Synchro Summon based on the ruling. Its based on the Synchro Monsters' summoning requirement, and there are few that cheat it out without Synchro Summon. For exa; "Ultimaya Tzolkin" & "Phantasmal Lord Ultimitl Bishbaalkin".
And if you still don't get, then I rest my case. You are another horrible custom card maker who dictated how the game work for his own personal amusement! Never consider others.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

KTeknis

Post #28 by KTeknis » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:22 am

Rocket2 wrote:And if you still don't get, then I rest my case. You are another horrible custom card maker who dictated how the game work for his own personal amusement. Never consider others.

STOP. Don't say that he's a horrible custom card maker, he's more open then CM is and he's probably still new. It's okay to be harsh, but just don't be excessive on it, you might ended up discouraging him.

PS: Is it just me or we're fell like having some kind of "Good Cop Bad Cop" routine here? :D

Rocket2

Post #29 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:27 am

KTeknis wrote:STOP. Don't say that he's a horrible custom card maker, he's more open then CM is and he's probably still new. It's okay to be harsh, but just don't be excessive on it, you might ended up discouraging him.

....Fine, I take back what I said on the "Horrible" part. And I will also give him some benefits of the doubts since he is not CM, so don't waste it Hashmal!

PS: Is it just me or we're fell like having some kind of "Good Cop Bad Cop" routine here? :D

Oh! We might be. :lol:

Hashmal

Post #30 by Hashmal » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:29 am

KTeknis wrote:I usually don't go in depth when reviewing Customs, as I still doubted my Card Making skill, but I think I should do it just for the sake of it. It's mostly PSCT stuff.

Unions:
- You don't need to make all of them Union unless they do have effect to specifically equip only themselves to other monster, See Inzektor. This also might cause your deck to unnecessaryly supported by Union supports like Union Hangar.

Phantom thieves Crow:
- Clarify "same type and attribute" as what, Capitalize "Type" and "Attribute"
- Light is capitalized "LIGHT"
- battlephase is worded "Battle Phase"
- some error at the sentence ""You can use each of "Phantom thieves Crow" once per turn." . make it "You can only use each effect of "Phantom thieves Crow" once per turn."

Phantom thieves Fox
- Again, clarify "same type and attribute" as what, Capitalize "Type" and "Attribute"
- Fire is worded "FIRE", attribute name are caps-locked for every word of it.
- Change the OPT clause to "You can only use each effect of "Phantom thieves Fox" once per turn."

Phantom thieves Guardian Sojiro
- Can you put some background other than white background?
- Add coma to the first effect, so it's "Once per turn, if you control a...."
- Also add coma before "You can special summon this card from your hand".
- special summon is capitalized "Special Summon"
- "When this card is in your GY you can discard 1 card,then special summon it." You meant Special Summon itself or Special Summon the discarded card? if the former, make it "Special Summon this card from your GY.", if the latter, it's OP.
- Also add ':' after When this card is in your GY to signify effect condition, and add ';' after "you can discard 1 card" to signify effect cost. Also you don't need "then".
- Wait, do you intent on making it Soft once per turn for both of it's effect?

dang, I'm spent. and that just three cards. I recommend learning some PSCT yourself. that FutureGamer guide have some of them, but I recommend get more sources.
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text
https://ygoprodeck.com/how-to-make-better-yu-gi-oh-custom-cards/
Also one tips I liked from the second link: If in doubt, copy actual card's text. Not all of them of course.

Thank you for the tip. It's nice to have someone that get's it. I have to confess that i made sojiro in a hurry for Rp game with my friends(My deck was too weak to compete in that event) But your comment help me see what was wrong in my book. I made it for custom play only so i don't feel the need to restrain it to fit in the meta. I saw it like in his bubble where you can only play the archétype as it is (like in the anime). You're a nice fellow duellist keep it that way and i'm sure you'll be able to help more like me.

KTeknis

Post #31 by KTeknis » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:36 am

Hashmal wrote:Thank you for the tip. It's nice to have someone that get's it. I have to confess that i made sojiro in a hurry for Rp game with my friends(My deck was too weak to compete in that event) But your comment help me see what was wrong in my book. I made it for custom play only so i don't feel the need to restrain it to fit in the meta. I saw it like in his bubble where you can only play the archétype as it is (like in the anime). You're a nice fellow duellist keep it that way and i'm sure you'll be able to help more like me.

You're welcome, and good to see fellow Yugioh RP'er here. This is my first time I go in-depth when helping people and never thought it would be quite tiring.

Hashmal

Post #32 by Hashmal » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:00 am

Rocket2 wrote:Spirit, Tuner, Union, Toon & Gemini, all of their ruling you think are actually effects! And its a good things too! :evil:

You point a thing that itch me since a while with that. Konami put some key word to summarize few effect has you said it. This thing fix by my point of view those effect has game mechanic, like in other game. It's a little learning but so much more space on card text that it worth the cost in my books(Okay I stop puns it's even confusing for me now :lol:). Other game use key-word and everybody seems to get it, and konami still lose space by refusing to had simple term.
Last edited by Hashmal on Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocket2

Post #33 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:15 am

Hashmal wrote:You point a thing that itch me since a while with that. Konami put some key word to summarize few effect has you said it. This thing fix by my point of view those effect has game mechanic, like in other game. It's a little learning but so much more space on card text that it worth the cost in my books(Okay I stop puns it's even confusing for me now :lol:). Other geme use key-word and everybody seems to get it, and konami still lose space by refusing to had simple term.

True in wasting space, but it actually make more sense in term of gameplay. The opponent can disrupt the play by negate, or chain link the effects. Also the user can also utilize cards or/& effects in several ways, like Gemini gains their effects now, or only used Toon Monsters that can attack on the turn they are summoned. Psct also said this kind of "activation" had to be an effect, not game mechanic, or else cards like Skill Drain, Ghost Ogre, Omni Negation & etc, will not work, and this mess with a lot of the rulings. This is good because interaction between both players is the heart of any CCG.

Futuregamer

Post #34 by Futuregamer » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:31 pm

Hashmal wrote:Oh boy I love a good fight but come on, you guys are better than that. A least make it worth some popcorn. I cannot make my day out of this. Well, guess i have to Find something better to do than solving you're bad behavior beetween eachother(Exept you KTeknis you seems nice). Like improving my card. So anybody can help me with the psct? because I'm not that good in english to find and solve the problem by myself.

If you didn't put any effort into making them why do you expect others to, mocking them?

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #35 by Jedx_EX » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:38 pm

I would, but to me at the moment, time is precious. So I'll share this link of how PSCT works:

https://archive.vn/zjvh6

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #36 by Jedx_EX » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:46 pm

KTeknis wrote:
Rocket2 wrote:And if you still don't get, then I rest my case. You are another horrible custom card maker who dictated how the game work for his own personal amusement. Never consider others.

STOP. Don't say that he's a horrible custom card maker, he's more open then CM is and he's probably still new. It's okay to be harsh, but just don't be excessive on it, you might ended up discouraging him.

I'm also a new person in this part of the site.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #37 by troglyte » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:53 pm

Imagine getting mad because someone's cards are better than yours.

I'll never pass on an opportunity to dunk on Customs.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

james123
Mood:

Post #38 by james123 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:31 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
KTeknis wrote:
james123 wrote:I don't care about HOPTs. Also, The Phantom Thief Fusion works like the other one https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1648327 https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1483923 by speedsterduelist, Black mask always cannot be tribute nor be as Material and prevents effects in reference to the said guy hating meta cards. Thieves of Heart and Number 111 are not Broken becuase I rock at balance and all Franchise decks are B A L A N C E D okay? And don't you dare tell me or my friend's customs BROKEN because
If you do it again, Adult link will break into your house and bomb you.

You're actually starting to become the new another Parhelia_0000, and one more step you're becoming the new CystalMusic. A perfect example of "He who fight monster".

And if you say that this is just a joke, then it's not funny at all. In fact, I'M PISSED AT THIS JOKE! I have faith in you being a good Custom Card Maker, I trusted you have better humility than those people, and yet I SAW YOU BECOMING THE VERY PEOPLE YOU BASHED AGAINST!!!

And if you really have this kind of mindset from the start, then I have to say this: This is not a good mindset at all. This kind of mindset as a Custom Card Maker only generate badly designed, degenerate cards. Rocket2's critic, while harsh, has it's right. As I said before, it's not too late to change.

Thank you KTeknis for your rational opinion.
james123 I'm disappointed in you. You really catch me off-guard with "I don't care about HOPTs". Truly I thought only losers like CrystalMusic can't understand the need for HOPT in modern yugioh. That is why speedsterduelist is your friend, you both have the same foul mindset. Hate Meta & can't see their cards are broken, oh no, you are both heading into CM path. That shithead Parchelia_0000 know his cards is broken as hell, because he design it that way. However, you sadly also share some of CM attitude in that you hate any criticism on you or your works, and actually threaten (joke or not) to bomb me for my rational analysis. Today is a sad day. I had misjudge you james123.

I am not Parhelia_0000, I'm not CM, because that's the way I am because I'm like speedsterduelist and Lil Oldman Okay?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #39 by Lil Oldman » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:50 pm

james123 wrote:
Rocket2 wrote:
KTeknis wrote:You're actually starting to become the new another Parhelia_0000, and one more step you're becoming the new CystalMusic. A perfect example of "He who fight monster".

And if you say that this is just a joke, then it's not funny at all. In fact, I'M PISSED AT THIS JOKE! I have faith in you being a good Custom Card Maker, I trusted you have better humility than those people, and yet I SAW YOU BECOMING THE VERY PEOPLE YOU BASHED AGAINST!!!

And if you really have this kind of mindset from the start, then I have to say this: This is not a good mindset at all. This kind of mindset as a Custom Card Maker only generate badly designed, degenerate cards. Rocket2's critic, while harsh, has it's right. As I said before, it's not too late to change.

Thank you KTeknis for your rational opinion.

I am not Parhelia_0000, I'm not CM, because that's the way I am because I'm like speedsterduelist and Lil Oldman Okay?
The only thing I think we match is that we both do cards for our favorite franchises. I always try to make my cards faithful and balanced, I have, like in this post, made some bad decisions on my cards, like my "Backdoors" and their way too generic negates, but I will always place balance before theme, I rather have a balanced and weak deck than a mad strong stupid deck.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Rocket2

Post #40 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:01 pm

james123 wrote:I am not Parhelia_0000, I'm not CM, because that's the way I am because I'm like speedsterduelist and Lil Oldman Okay?

The way you are is making a freaking tantrum when your cards are just being labelled as broken. And they are! Only you can't see that!
Almost all of your Extra Deck Monsters alone give you too much search & SS power. Igor is the worst of the bunch. If you used a 40 cards deck instead of 60, I bet your win rate skyrocket because they are broken!

3 more things I forgot to mention earlier.
1) "all Franchise decks are B A L A N C E D okay?" Is this a joke?! Are you talking about all other custom franchise decks not made by you? Because if you are, who are you kidding.
2) "Hold Up". An omni negation Counter that is lived 100% of the time by having any of their monster, banish, not HOPT, and with another effect that can let Trap activates now. Let not forgot your high abuse search power to get it. Talk about playing dirty here.
3) Psct! Work on them!

Return to “Custom Cards”