Persona 5

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Hashmal
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am
Reputation: 1

Persona 5

Post #1 by Hashmal » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Hi duellist, I tried to make an archétype based on persosna 5, I need some advice to improve it. I was inspired by the magistus archétype. For some reason that i'm unaware of, I'm not able to play it without hosting a game. I already made a few custom one but this is the first time this thing happen to me. And off course i try to play it on custom only but DB just don't let me use it. So i hope to find a nice soul to help me with it. Thank you and have a nice day!
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7320385

Jedx_EX
User avatar
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:18 pm
Reputation: 4
Location: Earth
Mood:

Post #2 by Jedx_EX » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:38 pm

More Persona 5 customs?
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jedx_EX
User avatar
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:18 pm
Reputation: 4
Location: Earth
Mood:

Post #3 by Jedx_EX » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Hashmal wrote:Hi duellist, I tried to make an archétype based on persosna 5, I need some advice to improve it. I was inspired by the magistus archétype. For some reason that i'm unaware of, I'm not able to play it without hosting a game. I already made a few custom one but this is the first time this thing happen to me. And off course i try to play it on custom only but DB just don't let me use it. So i hope to find a nice soul to help me with it. Thank you and have a nice day!
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7320385


No way! I also thought of Magistus upon seeing Persona 5 custom strategy! It's a neat theme to have when they have the ability to Summon their spirit. The only reason why I don't want to face one is because of a replay showing someone overeacting to my thoughts on their "Persona 5" archetype, whilst finding an excuse to lower my reputation.
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hashmal
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am
Reputation: 1

Post #4 by Hashmal » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:51 pm

Sorry for you. We're for fun no need to worry about thing like that. Hater gonna hate, crybaby gonna cry and We're gonna sip every last drop of it like good whiskey! =p

Slitina
User avatar
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:31 pm
Reputation: 20

Post #5 by Slitina » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:35 pm

Well two things from first glance why are they rush cards and 2 psct
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Hashmal
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am
Reputation: 1

Post #6 by Hashmal » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:07 pm

I just like the look of rush duel card ^^. "2 psct?" Don't understand. Sorry english is not my native language.

Lil Oldman
User avatar
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 pm
Reputation: 50
Location: Toontown
Mood:

Post #7 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:21 pm

PSCT stands for Problem Solving Card Text. Maybe he means that your card text is confusing.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Occult à la carte: https://youtu.be/OKVlHGppsvs


Rocket2
User avatar
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 pm
Reputation: 35

Post #9 by Rocket2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:24 am

There are many things wrong with this, so let just go with the big problems
1) Psct
2) No Divine Attribute
3) Union Monsters that does not do their jobs. Either you are messing with us, or you just don't get how Union Monster works.
4) Making cards just for aesthetic appearance is a mistake, as you did not consider how they played out in Rush Duels, and your opponent will not agreed Rush Cards in a normal TCG duels. This is matter on format of the duels. Either playing Speed Duels, Goat, & etc.
5) Since they are Rush Cards, go for Maximum Summon. All of them being LV4 are busted in a Rush Duels. So Igor Spell is worthless.
6) Most of them does the same thing in attack twice. Change this.
7) Pot of Greed? No banlist. Might as well add all 3 copies.
8) You did not consider Link Summon. So the "leave the field" effect is OP.

Redo them from scratch. Either going for Rush Duels or normal TCG. Might I recommend reading futuregamer custom card guide, it help me when I first started.
https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-pros-guide-to-custom-cards-create.html
Last edited by Rocket2 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocket2
User avatar
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 pm
Reputation: 35

Post #10 by Rocket2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:10 am

james123 wrote:Actually mine is better
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5597204

Better or busted.
Add in HOPT in "all" of your persona 5 cards, even the Trap Effect Monsters.
Skull effect is trigger in the "end of the damage step" not "after dmg calculation"? So Skull is meant to be destroyed, or did you made a mistake? Funny, your "Fool Persona" does a better job.
Why Metaverse Navigator does the same thing with Joker & Oracule, and also not HOPT.
Eye of Timaeus is for Dark Magician monsters. Don't used it in a non-Fusion Summon, non-Dark Magician monsters, or non-Legend of Heart. Show some restrain.
Black Mask is broken. Let your opponent tribute it, used it as fusion or link material. Played dirty with its floodgate only for the opponent, and you can actually use it as material for further Extra Play yourself (Actually the "your turn only" floodgate is fine).
Crow, make it 100 ATK like with Amulet Dragon or Dark Cavalry. Don't go full BS since its an easy LV8 Synchro, who can attack twice on monsters too, and with a negation effect on standard protection?
Number 111 & Thieves of Heart, 100% busted. Balance it, not going for another retard rampage.
Whoa, you have way too many free cheap search and floats (Trap Effect Monsters count too). You are playing dirty & cheap dude. Another broken custom franchises related decks. Oh joy. :roll: Please aim for fairness, james123. And don't become another Parhelia_0000.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

KTeknis
User avatar
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Reputation: 50

Post #11 by KTeknis » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:11 am

For why he uses Rush Duel cards, some of us uses the Rush Duel card frame for TCG Custom because it looks cool.
Although if I'm not wrong, I think you can't put TCG and Rush Duel card in the same deck for Custom Card Format?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Rocket2
User avatar
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 pm
Reputation: 35

Post #12 by Rocket2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:13 am

KTeknis wrote:For why he uses Rush Duel cards, some of us uses the Rush Duel card frame for TCG Custom because it looks cool.
Although if I'm not wrong, I think you can't put TCG and Rush Duel card in the same deck for Custom Card Format?

Correct. You can't.

KTeknis
User avatar
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Reputation: 50

Post #13 by KTeknis » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:19 am

Well, that's unfortunate. I recommend turning them back into the old TCG Frame so you can mix it with Vanilla TCG and most other Customs.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

james123
User avatar
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 40
Mood:

Post #14 by james123 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:38 pm

Rocket2 wrote:
james123 wrote:Actually mine is better
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5597204

Better or busted.
Add in HOPT in "all" of your persona 5 cards, even the Trap Effect Monsters.
Skull effect is trigger in the "end of the damage step" not "after dmg calculation"? So Skull is meant to be destroyed, or did you made a mistake? Funny, your "Fool Persona" does a better job.
Why Metaverse Navigator does the same thing with Joker & Oracule, and also not HOPT.
Eye of Timaeus is for Dark Magician monsters. Don't used it in a non-Fusion Summon, non-Dark Magician monsters, or non-Legend of Heart. Show some restrain.
Black Mask is broken. Let your opponent tribute it, used it as fusion or link material. Played dirty with its floodgate only for the opponent, and you can actually use it as material for further Extra Play yourself (Actually the "your turn only" floodgate is fine).
Crow, make it 100 ATK like with Amulet Dragon or Dark Cavalry. Don't go full BS since its an easy LV8 Synchro, who can attack twice on monsters too, and with a negation effect on standard protection?
Number 111 & Thieves of Heart, 100% busted. Balance it, not going for another retard rampage.
Whoa, you have way too many free cheap search and floats (Trap Effect Monsters count too). You are playing dirty & cheap dude. Another broken custom franchises related decks. Oh joy. :roll: Please aim for fairness, james123. And don't become another Parhelia_0000.

I don't care about HOPTs. Also, The Phantom Thief Fusion works like the other one https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1648327 https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1483923 by speedsterduelist, Black mask always cannot be tribute nor be as Material and prevents effects in reference to the said guy hating meta cards. Thieves of Heart and Number 111 are not Broken becuase I rock at balance and all Franchise decks are B A L A N C E D okay? And don't you dare tell me or my friend's customs BROKEN because
Image
If you do it again, Adult link will break into your house and bomb you.

Lil Oldman
User avatar
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 pm
Reputation: 50
Location: Toontown
Mood:

Post #15 by Lil Oldman » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:58 pm

Damn, that's crazy
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Occult à la carte: https://youtu.be/OKVlHGppsvs

Hashmal
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am
Reputation: 1

Post #16 by Hashmal » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:02 pm

Rocket2 wrote:There are many things wrong with this, so let just go with the big problems
1) Psct
2) No Divine Attribute
3) Union Monsters that does not do their jobs. Either you are messing with us, or you just don't get how Union Monster works.
4) Making cards just for aesthetic appearance is a mistake, as you did not consider how they played out in Rush Duels, and your opponent will not agreed Rush Cards in a normal TCG duels. This is matter on format of the duels. Either playing Speed Duels, Goat, & etc.
5) Since they are Rush Cards, go for Maximum Summon. All of them being LV4 are busted in a Rush Duels. So Igor Spell is worthless.
6) Most of them does the same thing in attack twice. Change this.
7) Pot of Greed? No banlist. Might as well add all 3 copies.
8) You did not consider Link Summon. So the "leave the field" effect is OP.

Redo them from scratch. Either going for Rush Duels or normal TCG. Might I recommend reading futuregamer custom card guide, it help me when I first started.


1- I came here to fix that issue. ^^
2-Why not ? It's custom for fun, not get in yugi lore.
3- Since union monster are a type of monster with their own ruling like tuner, i find it quite heavy on text to always tell how it work, I don't get the need in explaining it, since it's so old and simple.
4- Rule of cool. I find the rush duel card appearance nice, so i took it. If my opponent don't get it, i doubt it would be fun to play with anyway so thanks you , but i like it that way.
5- I Don't get rush duel ruling, and I don't recommend play this in that format since it wasn't design to be play in that format anyway. Read what was already tell.
6-Have you ever heard of the concept of gimmick? THis is supposed to emulate the 1 more mécanic of persona 5.
7- You just got trolled dude! :lol:
8- I have few ideas i would love to discuss about link monster in that deck but i'm not really sure of what it would imply. I mean, how work a union link monster with arrow pointing on your side of the board from Spell/trap zone?

My intention with this was to make a good looking and fun to play archetype. It's not mean to be serious or OP. I did some play test and found out it was pretty weak but the gimmick aspect work and did some flamboyant play. You took time to rewiew so i took time answering, but keep your shark teeth in defense position here. Thank you for the link by the way, it was really instructive.
Last edited by Hashmal on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hashmal
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am
Reputation: 1

Post #17 by Hashmal » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:13 pm

james123 wrote:Actually mine is better
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5597204

How old are you to find it better? You made my eyes bleed, and you should be ashamed of that poor aesthetic for a persona card. AND you took non custom-card in your deck, any lack of inspiration? I can give you some if you ask nicely.
Stronger card don't make a deck better. Mine is weak but it try something your unaware of with that poor thinking of yours.

KTeknis
User avatar
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Reputation: 50

Post #18 by KTeknis » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:49 am

james123 wrote:I don't care about HOPTs. Also, The Phantom Thief Fusion works like the other one https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1648327 https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1483923 by speedsterduelist, Black mask always cannot be tribute nor be as Material and prevents effects in reference to the said guy hating meta cards. Thieves of Heart and Number 111 are not Broken becuase I rock at balance and all Franchise decks are B A L A N C E D okay? And don't you dare tell me or my friend's customs BROKEN because
Image
If you do it again, Adult link will break into your house and bomb you.

You're actually starting to become the new another Parhelia_0000, and one more step you're becoming the new CystalMusic. A perfect example of "He who fight monster".

And if you say that this is just a joke, then it's not funny at all. In fact, I'M PISSED AT THIS JOKE! I have faith in you being a good Custom Card Maker, I trusted you have better humility than those people, and yet I SAW YOU BECOMING THE VERY PEOPLE YOU BASHED AGAINST!!!

And if you really have this kind of mindset from the start, then I have to say this: This is not a good mindset at all. This kind of mindset as a Custom Card Maker only generate badly designed, degenerate cards. Rocket2's critic, while harsh, has it's right. As I said before, it's not too late to change.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Rocket2
User avatar
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 pm
Reputation: 35

Post #19 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:51 am

KTeknis wrote:
james123 wrote:I don't care about HOPTs. Also, The Phantom Thief Fusion works like the other one https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1648327 https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1483923 by speedsterduelist, Black mask always cannot be tribute nor be as Material and prevents effects in reference to the said guy hating meta cards. Thieves of Heart and Number 111 are not Broken becuase I rock at balance and all Franchise decks are B A L A N C E D okay? And don't you dare tell me or my friend's customs BROKEN because
Image
If you do it again, Adult link will break into your house and bomb you.

You're actually starting to become the new another Parhelia_0000, and one more step you're becoming the new CystalMusic. A perfect example of "He who fight monster".

And if you say that this is just a joke, then it's not funny at all. In fact, I'M PISSED AT THIS JOKE! I have faith in you being a good Custom Card Maker, I trusted you have better humility than those people, and yet I SAW YOU BECOMING THE VERY PEOPLE YOU BASHED AGAINST!!!

And if you really have this kind of mindset from the start, then I have to say this: This is not a good mindset at all. This kind of mindset as a Custom Card Maker only generate badly designed, degenerate cards. Rocket2's critic, while harsh, has it's right. As I said before, it's not too late to change.

Thank you KTeknis for your rational opinion.
james123 I'm disappointed in you. You really catch me off-guard with "I don't care about HOPTs". Truly I thought only losers like CrystalMusic can't understand the need for HOPT in modern yugioh. That is why speedsterduelist is your friend, you both have the same foul mindset. Hate Meta & can't see their cards are broken, oh no, you are both heading into CM path. That shithead Parchelia_0000 know his cards is broken as hell, because he design it that way. However, you sadly also share some of CM attitude in that you hate any criticism on you or your works, and actually threaten (joke or not) to bomb me for my rational analysis. Today is a sad day. I had misjudge you james123.

Hashmal
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am
Reputation: 1

Post #20 by Hashmal » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:04 am

Oh boy I love a good fight but come on, you guys are better than that. A least make it worth some popcorn. I cannot make my day out of this. Well, guess i have to Find something better to do than solving you're bad behavior beetween eachother(Exept you KTeknis you seems nice). Like improving my card. So anybody can help me with the psct? because I'm not that good in english to find and solve the problem by myself.
Last edited by Hashmal on Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Custom Cards”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests