Wordsmith

Post your custom made cards in this forum
sk4p3g04t

Wordsmith

Post #1 by sk4p3g04t » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:19 am

An Alliterative Archetype from A-Z. Their focus is affecting cards with low word count names and changing the names of cards that don't fall below that threshold.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7139418

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:31 am

What a funny gimmick mechanic :lol: Best part, its not even a troll deck. How practical is this deck in a casual sense, because it is a huge pain to not be able to make direct choices by your own cards? Had you play test it? Decent win rate in casual play? Are they all from Shadowverse?

"F" psct. Need to include "face-up" on the target, this is to avoid the confusion on Set cards. And it shouldn't work on Set, when it came to an effect that change the target's name.
"H": Change to "that target" instead of that card, due to the ruling when it came to targeting.
"N", "S", "T" & "U": Best to stick with 1 change target's name theme; "Wordsmith: ......". This is for easier tracking, agreed by both players on the names changed, and a very clear & clean theme. Also, I see no further advantage in making up new names as it is always ended on 2 words.
"P": This floodgate best affected both players, because 1) it is fair, 2) Spells are safer than monsters, and 3) the user have no disadvantage using their own archetype long names, similar to "W". The opponent may have a few laughs with it :lol:
"Y" psct mistake. "(Quick Effect): You can discard this card, then target 1 card in your opponent's GY with 3 or fewer words in its card name; banish that target."

Aside from the above mentioned, this is a fun deck that you had created and manage to reach all 26 letters. Also you had purposefully (almost fully) utilize their long 6 words names, and due to their "A-Z" names, they are easier to keep track compare to "Karakuri" archetype too. Lastly, you had done right in only 3 or fewer words, its fair, any more words than this gimmick will always work, and failed as an archetype's mechanic. :D

KTeknis

Post #3 by KTeknis » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:18 pm

This archetype might shut down some archetype like Evilswarm, who's naming are just mostly 2 words, Evilswarm (name), Otherwise look neat.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Rocket2

Post #4 by Rocket2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:29 pm

KTeknis wrote:This archetype might shut down some archetype like Evilswarm, who's naming are just mostly 2 words, Evilswarm (name), Otherwise look neat.

The only "Wordsmith" floodgate I saw are "P" & "Z", and lack of Quick Effect monsters too. Very manageable. Beside, this archetype is very situational on its mechanic, and we both know these kind of decks can only be perform well at a casual level. Still I agreed, its a neat archetype.

Return to “Custom Cards”