Steelmolt

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Futuregamer

Steelmolt

Post #1 by Futuregamer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:24 am

Steelmolts are fire scorpions that can tribute themselves to Special Summon tokens & trigger another effect.

Card list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6165208

Deck example list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6159066

See the rest of my cards at: https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com ... guide.html

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:13 pm

Titan negate Spell/Trap effect, is there anyway the opponent can play around it? If not, then I don't like it. Unlike Abyss-Scale of the Mizuchi, there are ways to play around it. This is a 1 Token with 100% Spell/Trap negate effect. This isn't a tradeoff because the Token remain. Also, when Konami make monsters that negate any Spell/Trap activation/effect, there is usually an actual cost (-1 card or LP deduction), like with Altergeist Hexstia & Infernoid Onuncu. I read from your blog that this effect can be chain. I don't think so, because this negation is not an activation, what to chain as the Link Monster is gone, and this is actually a lingering effect. I recommend make some changes to it.

Neat mechanic btw. Usually Tribute self as cost but the payout are 2 (1 Token & 1 something) are broken especially when it came to Link Summon. However, the main deck monsters 2nd payout effect are weak, so that even out. Also, neat that all Steelmolten Token have the same stats, and no other different Steelmolten Tokens to avoid confusion.

Why don't you run more Rank 4 Xyz Monsters in the Extra Deck? Had you try?

Lastly, why Machine Token instead of Insect? I don't see any Machine Spell/Trap support cards in your decklist.

Futuregamer

Post #3 by Futuregamer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Rocket2 wrote:Titan negate Spell/Trap effect, is there anyway the opponent can play around it? If not, then I don't like it. Unlike Abyss-Scale of the Mizuchi, there are ways to play around it. This is a 1 Token with 100% Spell/Trap negate effect. This isn't a tradeoff because the Token remain. Also, when Konami make monsters that negate any Spell/Trap activation/effect, there is usually an actual cost (-1 card or LP deduction), like with Altergeist Hexstia & Infernoid Onuncu. I read from your blog that this effect can be chain. I don't think so, because this negation is not an activation, what to chain as the Link Monster is gone, and this is actually a lingering effect. I recommend make some changes to it.

Neat mechanic btw. Usually Tribute self as cost but the payout are 2 (1 Token & 1 something) are broken especially when it came to Link Summon. However, the main deck monsters 2nd payout effect are weak, so that even out. Also, neat that all Steelmolten Token have the same stats, and no other different Steelmolten Tokens to avoid confusion.

Why don't you run more Rank 4 Xyz Monsters in the Extra Deck? Had you try?

Lastly, why Machine Token instead of Insect? I don't see any Machine Spell/Trap support cards in your decklist.

Titan will only negate the first Spell/Trap or effect, and it's a quickie only if you have the Field Spell. If the opponent already controls a face-up spell/trap, they can activate its effect, which will be negated, but in return not lose any cards. The cost is that you drop from a Link Rating 2 (something that required 2 monsters to be made) to a Link Rating 1 (just a Token).

Xyzes are not worth it, since they can't use Tokens. You would have to use the normal monsters, which means you'd miss on the bonus effects that you could otherwise get for free.

The Tokens are machines so they don't trigger some of the steelmolt support, like Behemoth's resummon, the Field Spell's draw, the Equip Spell, etc.

Return to “Custom Cards”