Phoenix Archetype. Cards are public. Give Feedback. :3

Post your custom made cards in this forum
KingOfGames150

Phoenix Archetype. Cards are public. Give Feedback. :3

Post #1 by KingOfGames150 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:50 pm

This is a Phoenix "Force" archetype, based around the reincarnation part of a Mythical Phoenix. The deck is based around having a Phoenix Ashes on the field to SS your bigger monsters.
Archetype Show: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5832531
A Deck-list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5832540

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:57 pm

The clause on your monsters to Summon Ashes feels distinctly like Firewall Dragon
Buy Floowandereeze

Rocket2

Post #3 by Rocket2 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:35 am

psct issues. Unoriginal names. Like futuregamer had mentioned, any archetype based on names like Hell, Chaos, & etc, are boring, and all other custom makers does the same things, so your decks sadly is a directly related to other's Phoenix Decks. Like recently with CrawTheShrimp. Many create Phoenix archetype, but their mechanic are either totally different or the same with each others. Have fun with the naming, mix the word Phoenix with something else. And go check DD to prevent doing what other had done.

Baby: Only SS a monster from just 2 location, like just "hand or GY". SS from "hand, Deck or GY" effect are broken effect, even if it only SS 1 specific monster, because loop, and when it came to deck building, 2 Ashes are a no-brainer. Also due to Link Summon, this is an easy +2 card. Broken. Just stick with if destroyed and sent to the GY.
Dark Phoenix: This removal effect are broken for a LV4 Main Deck monster.
Grand: Unaffected monsters protection for such an easy Main Deck monster. Really?
Higher: No response to destruction. Really? Another no brainer broken Main Deck effect. Are you even trying to balance the Deck, or just go all retarded.
Emperor: What had Konami done to give you the impression that effect that "prevent your cards to be removed from the field" protection are both legit and balance effect? Card ruling & rules are going to puke with this kind of effect.
3 Divine-Beast: ....You are retarded.

I'm done after reading Emperor. Way too many +1, free SS from GY, and many other things that scream retarded. Most of your monsters does the same cheap GY effects with Phoenix Ashes that give +1 with no HOPT. This is a no brainer broken Deck. FAIL! Go read futuregamers' articles, it help a lot. https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-pros-guide-to-custom-cards-create.html

KingOfGames150

Post #4 by KingOfGames150 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:52 am

Well, to answer your question: Yes, I was trying to balance the deck. The Divine-Beast thing is something I truly don't understand people having an issue with, hopefully u could explain that part? I actually had not taken into account any Links when making this, so I guess that's just an oversight on my part. I wasn't aware of anyone else's Phoenix decks except a guy who made something called Blue Phoenix when I originally started making this deck (months ago.) I'm taking this all as just aggressive feedback instead of straight insults like some people would. Everything else I can somewhat understand though, and for Baby it's supposed to be a hard OPT but I guess I never updated that part. Thanks for the feedback, have a good day.

Rocket2 wrote:psct issues. Unoriginal names. Like futuregamer had mentioned, any archetype based on names like Hell, Chaos, & etc, are boring, and all other custom makers does the same things, so your decks sadly is a directly related to other's Phoenix Decks. Like recently with CrawTheShrimp. Many create Phoenix archetype, but their mechanic are either totally different or the same with each others. Have fun with the naming, mix the word Phoenix with something else. And go check DD to prevent doing what other had done.

Baby: Only SS a monster from just 2 location, like just "hand or GY". SS from "hand, Deck or GY" effect are broken effect, even if it only SS 1 specific monster, because loop, and when it came to deck building, 2 Ashes are a no-brainer. Also due to Link Summon, this is an easy +2 card. Broken. Just stick with if destroyed and sent to the GY.
Dark Phoenix: This removal effect are broken for a LV4 Main Deck monster.
Grand: Unaffected monsters protection for such an easy Main Deck monster. Really?
Higher: No response to destruction. Really? Another no brainer broken Main Deck effect. Are you even trying to balance the Deck, or just go all retarded.
Emperor: What had Konami done to give you the impression that effect that "prevent your cards to be removed from the field" protection are both legit and balance effect? Card ruling & rules are going to puke with this kind of effect.
3 Divine-Beast: ....You are retarded.

I'm done after reading Emperor. Way too many +1, free SS from GY, and many other things that scream retarded. Most of your monsters does the same cheap GY effects with Phoenix Ashes that give +1 with no HOPT. This is a no brainer broken Deck. FAIL! Go read futuregamers' articles, it help a lot. https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-pros-guide-to-custom-cards-create.html

KingOfGames150

Post #5 by KingOfGames150 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:53 am

I don't like Links...x-x

greg503 wrote:The clause on your monsters to Summon Ashes feels distinctly like Firewall Dragon

Rocket2

Post #6 by Rocket2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:22 am

KingOfGames150 wrote:I don't like Links...x-x

I'd noticed from your decklist. However, your preference aside, it doesn't change the fact that Link Summon are legit, and it make this archetype broken. All of us custom card makers must be up to date, so you must take Link Summon into consideration.

Rocket2

Post #7 by Rocket2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:41 am

KingOfGames150 wrote: The Divine-Beast thing is something I truly don't understand people having an issue with, hopefully u could explain that part?

Its quite simple. Konami actions had made it very clear that only the Egyptian Gods can have this. Much like the "Creator God" type. When Konami make cards with the text "Divine-Beast", everyone will know immediately, it is an Egyptian Gods supports. Also, Divine-Beast are not an excuse to make broken cards. This is pure baseless biased. No type are the best or worst. (Typing favorited by Konami, absolutely, but not by default that 1 type is superior/inferior than the rest). The Divine-Beast in the anime/manga are busted & very weird (except Aesir), but in real physical card, they are trash.

And this is just my uneducated guess, but its Konami fault in the naming. Much like with the Sacred Beast, the archetype name is not in their monsters' name, unlike most archetype. So Konami either need to
a) Write 2 lines just for the monsters name (like with the Sacred Beasts' cards: Fallen Paradise & Hyper Blaze)
b) Make an exclusive type (like Divine-Beast only for the Egyptian Gods)

I'm taking this all as just aggressive feedback instead of straight insults like some people would.

Good to know. :) We have enough whiners in this forum.

KingOfGames150

Post #8 by KingOfGames150 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:19 pm

Yes you are right! IT IS TIME TO EVOLVE!!!!!

Rocket2 wrote:
KingOfGames150 wrote:I don't like Links...x-x

I'd noticed from your decklist. However, your preference aside, it doesn't change the fact that Link Summon are legit, and it make this archetype broken. All of us custom card makers must be up to date, so you must take Link Summon into consideration.

Rocket2

Post #9 by Rocket2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:27 pm

KingOfGames150 wrote:Yes you are right! IT IS TIME TO EVOLVE!!!!!

Make us proud, KingOfGames150. :)

777c
Mood:

Post #10 by 777c » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:03 pm

I feel that the Phoenix archetype is lacking in mechanics and functionality. You see, if an archetype's mechanic is spam, that is not a mechanic at all because all archetypes spam to some degree. The Phoenix archetype does not have a unique game plan other than spam which is quite boring. I hope this sums up what you have to say, Rocket2.

Return to “Custom Cards”