Phoenix custom archetype

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrawTheShrimp

Phoenix custom archetype

Post #1 by CrawTheShrimp » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:21 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=7025627
This archetype is created to support Hazy Flame/Fire King. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Had you play test it? Any deck list or replay?

CrawTheShrimp

Post #3 by CrawTheShrimp » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Rocket2 wrote:Had you play test it? Any deck list or replay?

Nope, I am still trying to balancing the archetype. Since some people DMed me on DB they were... well, OP.
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

james123
Mood:

Post #4 by james123 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:05 pm

PhoenixKnight would like to know ur location

Rocket2

Post #5 by Rocket2 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Here are some of my friendly advices:
1) Mystical Phoenix best just add 1 Level 6 Fire monster. Best that effect solely focus on Hazy-Beast as it is a +1 on this useful utility xyz monster, and prevent further Fire broken combo as the same monster can SS Fire monster with its 2nd effect. No Quick Effect for its 2nd effect that SS monster. If you must, then only the hand. No GY, even if there is a -1 cost, or else, this xyz monster is too flexible.
2) The "Sent from the field to the GY" is too good, because of Link Summon. Best just said "destroyed".
3) Move Phoenix Hope & Suffering HOPT line as the last line of the text box.
4) "Suffering" have 4 effects for a main deck support monster. That is off especially with when it have 2 float effect when it leaves the field or destroyed. I saw the "only 1 HOPT effect", but I would just said reduce it to 3 effects, because this is a very good utility Pyro monster. A little bit too good. Also, why its LV4?
5) Hazy Flame Quick Effect is unnecessary and broken, as unlike Tuner Synchro Monster that can perform Synchro Summon during the opponent's Main Phase, this one does change the target Rank/LV, and used your opponent's monster as well. Change this.
6) Their 2 effects that either sent from the field to the GY, or detached as xyz material, are much. As it is each HOPT, not use 1 HOPT. Meaning the Xyz Monster can detach & then send itself to the GY either by effect or as Link Material, and these will trigger all of that Xyz Material monsters effect in 1 turn. Balance this with use 1 HOPT.
7) Avatar best SS from just 1 location. GY, or hand (your pick). Think of it like Mezuki. It would be unfair if that monster can SS zombie from the hand too, right.
8) Bright Phoenix Burn GY effect did the same thing as its 1st effect, except 2 less benefits. Change this by adding "except the turn it was send to the GY", so that it would make sense, and balance. Or a new GY effect.
9) "Hazy Flame" and "Hope" effect that target a monster on the field are broken. Your opponent shouldn't paid the price for your Xyz Monster, and their summon, unless it is difficulty to pull off, or jump through many hoops. However, in this case, it is not, its too easy. Used "monster you control".
10) All of them pretty much used up all 7-8 lines in the Effect Box (3-4 effects), and they are not even the boss monsters as their primary goal is to Xyz summon. Too much for my liking, just stick to 6-7 lines, and with 3 effects max.

I can see why some people said they are OP.

Futuregamer

Post #6 by Futuregamer » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:17 am

1)Hazy Flame Phoenix is nuts. It free-specials AND just uses the opponent's monster after conveniently changing its Level to make it more appropriate? Basically you run this X3 in every single fire deck out there. It's a better super poly.
2)Phoenix of Avatar: The sent to GY effect is worthless, and only the free Summon and Mezuki matters.
3)Pheonix of Hell: Sure lets give random 101 steals for making monsters link materials.
4)Phoenix of Hope: More super polys, yeaey! At least this one doesn't change the Levels to his convenience too. And Upstart when being sent to the GY by shuffling itself, sure.
5)Phoenix of Suffering: I don't like the fact that all 3 of its effects trigger off each other in a row. It's pretty cheap.
6)Bright Phoenix Burn: Practically useless.
7)Mystical Phoenix: I really love "bosses" who pay for themselves...

Honestly I didn't like any of them.

Return to “Custom Cards”