Your favorite Custom Archetype made by other people?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: Your favorite Custom Archetype made by other people?

Post #21 by Lil Oldman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Well this took a wild turn, Anyways my favorite archetype by other person is yanick9's fantasy maiden
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #22 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:55 pm

i have never tried someone elses archetype. mostly cas when i look at them they spam summon, which as yall know i hate. so ill tell ya what. if somone can make a archtype that doenst need more than 2 summons a turn to work ill gladly try it. however, i wont use pends or links.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #23 by Darkraiclone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:21 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:i have never tried someone elses archetype. mostly cas when i look at them they spam summon, which as yall know i hate. so ill tell ya what. if somone can make a archtype that doenst need more than 2 summons a turn to work ill gladly try it. however, i wont use pends or links.

A deck like that is possible, but that doesn't mean it will be any good.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #24 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:i have never tried someone elses archetype. mostly cas when i look at them they spam summon, which as yall know i hate. so ill tell ya what. if somone can make a archtype that doenst need more than 2 summons a turn to work ill gladly try it. however, i wont use pends or links.

well i do make acceptions for SS upon NS effects or SS upon SS if its anything like my Iru Ambervixen: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=983923 - When this card is summoned; you can pay 500 LP: Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower Beast-Warrior monster from your hand, then switch this card to defense position. You cannot summon other monsters the turn you activate and resolve this effect except Beast-Warrior monsters.

this kind of effect is perfectly fair and balanced
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #25 by Lil Oldman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:26 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

well i do make acceptions for SS upon NS effects or SS upon SS if its anything like my Iru Ambervixen: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=983923 - When this card is summoned; you can pay 500 LP: Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower Beast-Warrior monster from your hand, then switch this card to defense position. You cannot summon other monsters the turn you activate and resolve this effect except Beast-Warrior monsters.

I've got this maybe you may like it. Is control-based
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6914276
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #26 by Darkraiclone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:27 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

Unless you play it in another Beast-Warrior deck which then becomes absolutely broken and then goes off into spam summoning, which is something you despise.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #27 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:A deck like that is possible, but that doesn't mean it will be any good.

i tend to stick to counter traps for negations with acceptions on monsters that work similar to horus lv8

greg503

Post #28 by greg503 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Well, I made this archetype that uses 2 monsters, and a bunch of temporary floodgates: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5091936
Buy Floowandereeze

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #29 by Darkraiclone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:30 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

In fact, given how this card is made, it's so easy to abuse it's not even funny.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #30 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:33 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:A deck like that is possible, but that doesn't mean it will be any good.

Unless you play it in another Beast-Warrior deck which then becomes absolutely broken and then goes off into spam summoning, which is something you despise.

i only have 1 deck that spam summons, as i have stated before, which i rar.ely use: my paladins. i have never used Iru Ambervixen in any other deck. However in the same deck that Iru is in i have a card called Kitchi (Fun Fact: Kitchi is Native American for brave) i have used 9 different varients of her name. but the first card i made with her name was https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=983725

so far i have never had anyone complain about Kitchi - The Spiritual and her effect. Shes the only monster in the deck shes featured in that has no LP cost for the SS, however she does have a requirement of her being the only monster i control upon her summon, she also has limitations: shes only allowed ot SS level 4 or lower beast warrior and only from the hand.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #31 by Lil Oldman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:34 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

i tend to stick to counter traps for negations with acceptions on monsters that work similar to horus lv8

maybe this, but its kinda gimmicky, work like Heart Earth dragon where you basically try to hit yourself to the opponent. Havent tested it yet so yeah.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6928504

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #32 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:45 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

In fact, given how this card is made, it's so easy to abuse it's not even funny.

how is it able to be abused? it forbids being able to SS anything but Beast-Warriors for the duration of the turn in which you activate the effect. It costs LP to use the effect. and ur limited to SS from hand when you activate the effect.

unlike todays yugioh cards which can use the deck, have no LP cost, and most of the time dont have any restrictions on what can be summoned.

greg503

Post #33 by greg503 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:55 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

how is it able to be abused? it forbids being able to SS anything but Beast-Warriors for the duration of the turn in which you activate the effect. It costs LP to use the effect. and ur limited to SS from hand when you activate the effect.

unlike todays yugioh cards which can use the deck, have no LP cost, and most of the time dont have any restrictions on what can be summoned.

Why, lets look at some:
Summon Sorc: Type-based, still got banned
Halq: Most low level Tuner's aren't good, good ones are getting banned because of it, it keeps you from using the Summoned Tuner's effects on the field.
Auroradan: Prevents you from using Links for the rest of the turn, most Phantom Beasts aren't good and O-Lion is banned.
Elpy: Locks you into Dragons while it is on the field, Summoning takes positioning (skill factor).
World Legacy Memory: Locks you into Mekk-Knights.
World Legacy Monstrosity: Level 9s are uncommon and Generaiders are not meta
Ash Dragon: Summons during the End Phase
Just because they don't have costs doesn't mean that they don't have meaningful restrictions.
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #34 by greg503 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm

Also, looking at CM's Extra Decks makes me want to recommend that they play Solitaire as their only card game for life. If you don't want other to do things with your cards then don't play TCGs, at all.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #35 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:25 pm

greg503 wrote:Also, looking at CM's Extra Decks makes me want to recommend that they play Solitaire as their only card game for life. If you don't want other to do things with your cards then don't play TCGs, at all.

looking and everyone elses customs make me reccommend if all u want is spam summon, youre better off playing MTG where its made to be that way once you have enough mana to do so!

greg503

Post #37 by greg503 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:02 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:Also, looking at CM's Extra Decks makes me want to recommend that they play Solitaire as their only card game for life. If you don't want other to do things with your cards then don't play TCGs, at all.

looking and everyone elses customs make me reccommend if all u want is spam summon, youre better off playing MTG where its made to be that way once you have enough mana to do so!

This is why we have handtraps, it takes skill to end on a big board, it's not spamming effects, it takes skill to know what to negate, and it takes skill to play through said disruption. And again, there are decks like Eldlich that don't Summon a lot.
I also play MTG and no, it is not a substitute, if massive turn 1 combos weren't part of the eventual plan, then the rules would have had a resource, like MTG and Pokemon.
Buy Floowandereeze

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #38 by Darkraiclone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:45 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Type locking and LP cost doesn't matter, the fact that her effect is not a hard once per turn and the fact that she can summon herself with her own effect and be an easy rank 4 or level 8 synchro and due to how generic she is, any Beast-Warrior deck can use her as a tech card.

Return to “Custom Cards”