Your favorite Custom Archetype made by other people?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
KTeknis

Your favorite Custom Archetype made by other people?

Post #1 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:56 am

Have you ever tried someone else's Archetype? What is your favorite Archetype made by other people?
I personally liked Aja's Legacy of Lil Blue Fish viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10765&p=44164&hilit=blue+fish#p44164
It got nice Combability, but not too overwhelmingly powerful. Also when I first tried it, my first opponent is a marine life enthusiast and likes the deck too!
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #2 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:58 am

iv been thinking of making my US Armed Forces Public. That archetype has never once gotten any negativity. If anything people think its cool, the effects are fair and accurate to their real life counterpart and overall a fun deck to duel against.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #3 by LightCaster » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:02 am

CrystalMusic wrote:iv been thinking of making my US Armed Forces Public. That archetype has never once gotten any negativity. If anything people think its cool, the effects are fair and accurate to their real life counterpart and overall a fun deck to duel against.

Except for the part where it breaks your own rules numerous times.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:12 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:iv been thinking of making my US Armed Forces Public. That archetype has never once gotten any negativity. If anything people think its cool, the effects are fair and accurate to their real life counterpart and overall a fun deck to duel against.

it doenst break my rules. if u take a look at my profile it says nothing about using effects on the opponents cards in customs. its the TCG that i have an issue with that. I rarely use effects on cards unless its negations, a "target 1 card: destroy that card" or anti specific attribute/type

My US Armed Forces deck is made to be as accurate to their real life counterparts as possible. my Anti-Air Missile Launcher and its ability to auto destroy WIND attributes that battle with it. or my Infantry and its ability to auto destroy Warrior-types it battles with. As for a Stealth Bomber? its undetectable by radar which is why when my B-2 Spirit Bomber attacks, you cant do anything until my next attack during the same battlephase that B-2 Declares an attack. It even has the ability to negate field spells for the duration of its attack (as to be able to deal damage if one has Clock Tower Prison)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #5 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:13 am

I'll link the original post just in case people actually want to find out.https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4973&p=25097#p25097 Or just straight up the decklist maybe https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=2769848

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #6 by LightCaster » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:14 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

it doenst break my rules. if u take a look at my profile it says nothing about using effects on the opponents cards in customs. its the TCG that i have an issue with that. I rarely use effects on cards unless its negations, a "target 1 card: destroy that card" or anti specific attribute/type

My US Armed Forces deck is made to be as accurate to their real life counterparts as possible. my Anti-Air Missile Launcher and its ability to auto destroy WIND attributes that battle with it. or my Infantry and its ability to auto destroy Warrior-types it battles with. As for a Stealth Bomber? its undetectable by radar which is why when my B-2 Spirit Bomber attacks, you cant do anything until my next attack during the same battlephase that B-2 Declares an attack. It even has the ability to negate field spells for the duration of its attack (as to be able to deal damage if one has Clock Tower Prison)

Care Package does.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:25 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

Care Package does.

does not, all it does is allow one to recycle spells and traps

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:28 am

as for B-41 Hydrogen Bomb fusion monster? i only use that if my rules include: "Custom Cards Only" otherwise its just a filler. its a safeguard to make sure ppl follow thru with the ruleset of the duel

KTeknis

Post #9 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:28 am

CrystalMusic wrote:does not, all it does is allow one to recycle spells and traps

...per turn.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #10 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:36 am

KTeknis wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:does not, all it does is allow one to recycle spells and traps

...per turn.

do you even see how many different cards i have in that deck??? you try and draw the card you need when u need it! tell me how that goes for ya! at any rate i said my peace, good day!
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

KTeknis

Post #11 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:38 am

At the second though this thread got derailed a bit, so i try to put it back:
I once tried using Futuregamer's Hount archetype. He's quite nice enough to give me a sample deck, so i used it. It does not give a pretty good run, but it looks cool anyway.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #12 by LightCaster » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:39 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Care Package does.

I'll let you rethink that statement after looking back at your rules and it's effect.

KTeknis

Post #13 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:41 am

CrystalMusic wrote:do you even see how many different cards i have in that deck??? you try and draw the card you need when u need it! tell me how that goes for ya!

You don't need to bring every single card in the archetype, just bring the essential.
E-HERO have a lot of card in it's archetype, yet the best deck don't bring all of it, just whatever needed.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #14 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:41 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
Care Package does.

I'll let you rethink that statement after looking back at your rules and it's effect.

im not getting into this with you! i said my peace, good day! (and no this isnt me "admiting defeat" its called being mature and knowing when to walk away! you just want to start crap and in not getting into it! you call it admitting defeat cas u need to satisfy your microscopic ego!)
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KTeknis

Post #15 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:49 am

That somewhat inspired me something: Why don't we make a thread where we take an Archetype and judge and criticize it together? some kind of public "Rate my Archetype" Thread?

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #16 by Jedx_EX » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:01 am

I'd prefer the topic "Your favorite Custom Archetype made by other people". (Have yet to share my answer though)

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #17 by LightCaster » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:03 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

im not getting into this with you! i said my peace, good day! (and no this isnt me "admiting defeat" its called being mature and knowing when to walk away! you just want to start crap and in not getting into it!)

No. It's admitting defeat, if you cannot look at what I am explaining to you and think about what I'm saying without letting your own opinion cloud the understanding of "Maybe I should see what he's talking about" and make that conclusion, then you are admitting defeat by "declaring" the discussion over. It's a common response when you know someone is right but think you'd probably burn if you were to admit it.

Renji Asuka

Post #18 by Renji Asuka » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:03 am

Honestly, I do use other people's cards in customs OCCASIONALLY, especially when I know its support for my deck that was made to help me. (Not me specifically mind you)
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Futuregamer

Post #19 by Futuregamer » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:52 am

KTeknis wrote:That somewhat inspired me something: Why don't we make a thread where we take an Archetype and judge and criticize it together? some kind of public "Rate my Archetype" Thread?

Isn't that just posting archetypes in this thread?

KTeknis

Post #20 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:47 pm

Futuregamer wrote:Isn't that just posting archetypes in this thread?

I guess that works too.
Maybe I'll instead make a thread where I take some customs and review it myself.
But I'm bad at reviewing customs.

Return to “Custom Cards”