Oni Archetype

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Oni Archetype

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:04 pm

So this deck is based around controlling the "Density" of the main monster, either Summoning multiple copies, sumilating densifying it or banishing all of them, simulating atomizing. throwing Mt. Togakushi and Giant Oni of earth axis are the ones that benefit the most from "Densifing" and the ones that atomize, that are Deep mist layrinth adn beyond all in the fog have effects that either allow you to accelerate or be a saving grace.
Side note: I am almost certain that "Night Parade of One Million Demons" is formated correctly, due to the fact that I based that card's text on the already existing "TIme Magic Hammer", but in case I forgot something, please let me know.
https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Time_Magic_Hammer
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6889295
Any kind of feedback is aprecciated!
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

DarkPhenix

Post #2 by DarkPhenix » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:24 pm

Nice job dude. I am not a PSCT grandmaster for writing custom cards, but they look like you put substantial effort into it! They look fun to use.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Konami couldn't use X as the variable because MTG does that, and we all know what happened with Magic cards.
Buy Floowandereeze

Rocket2

Post #4 by Rocket2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 am

Giant Oni of Earth Axis have 5 effects? I thought it was a Normal Spell by reading it the first 3 effects. PSCT: Target 1, not one. Missing a "after this effect resolves," with it 2nd effect, replace the "and" with "also" with its no damage & no Extra Deck. Best write like "return all monster SS by this card's effect to the bottom of the deck, in any order." You can actually remove the "This effect cannot be negated" by moving the End Phase return effect at the end of the 1st effect with the word "also".

Why Oni- Atomize is a -1 card?. After reading the rest, I get it, -1 is only until the End Phase, where Suika Ibuki return to breakeven, but with her effect you get +1 card. Slow because what do you do with the rest of your Main Phase & Battle Phase?

Deep Mist: "The Battle Phase", not each since it had nothing to do with "Attack". "By this effect" instead. You could be OTK before you got the chance to use those draw cards.

What! Densify have nearly the same effect as Earth Axis! That explain why that card feel like a Normal Spell. Need to be fixed as they both compete, and you have pretty much 2 same card in an archetype.

Matchless PSCT: "monster" with a "r". So this is the card to help inflict battle damage. Why not a Quick Spell, since this archetype want to go 2nd.

One Million Demons. ......I had no clue how to not used "N". I'm new to custom creation too. The 2 Night Parade does the same things. Fixed them.

Throwing. Up to the "number", not amount. You already got Earth Axis & Night Parade to do the same destruction but better.

Beyond. Far weaker than Dark Ruler No More. Best situation: after we banish the Normal Summoned Oni, how do we bring another in the same turn for cards that pop the negated opponent's monsters?

Dispersion. Similar effects to Atomize, but -2 cards until the End Phase. The last draw 2 will probably never pull off. After reading the rest, this is by far the worst out of the bunch. Its slow, and how you have a 2nd Oni if they return back to the deck.

Conclusion, I see a big glaring problem. This "banish all oni" doesn't synergize well, because how do you keep bring out Oni monsters if you keep banishing "all" of them (until the End Phase), and not made the Spells/Traps death cards. As as usual, 1 instead of the text one. Bullet Point. Playtest them first, either with someone, a 2nd account, or in your mind, and see what they do well & not.

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:54 am

I mean, without using "N" they would have had to repeat parts of the card for those 3 effects
Buy Floowandereeze

CrawTheShrimp

Post #6 by CrawTheShrimp » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:04 am

"Use each effect of "name" once per turn." is usually used for monsters effect.
Most S/T uses "You can only activate 1 "name" per turn." not "activate 1 "name" each turn."
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

Return to “Custom Cards”