Fantasy Maiden (Touhou Archetype)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
yanick9

Fantasy Maiden (Touhou Archetype)

Post #1 by yanick9 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:27 pm

I haven't seen too many Touhou archetypes around (or they haven't been referred to as such) so I thought I'd make one.

Sample deck:
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6863048

This is a link archetype that together with "Fantasy Maiden Spellcard" allows you to destroy your opponent's monsters linked to your link monsters. The field spell "Hakurei Shrine" allows you to temporarily banish your monsters, reposition links to your main monster zones and threaten your opponent's extra monster zone, or purge them of negative effects. The trap cards provide strong protection, other cards provide searching, recycling, ATK gain, battle position change and LP gain. "Fantasy Maiden Sanae Kochiya" can lower the ATK of monsters and make them vulnerable to the destruction effects of "Fantasy Maiden Bomb".

I'm a huge Touhou fan and player so I tried to translate not only the game mechanics but also the original character's abilities to card effects in a well designed archetype. I also have renders of the cards posted here along with their artist names:
https://imgur.com/a/h6f8Dhs

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:32 pm

hey! buddy!
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

yanick9

Post #3 by yanick9 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:06 am

Lil Oldman wrote:hey! buddy!

Hey Lil Oldman, you like it?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:55 am

yanick9 wrote:

Liking it is an understatement! I happen to also know touhou!
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

yanick9

Post #5 by yanick9 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:56 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
yanick9 wrote:

Liking it is an understatement! I happen to also know touhou!

Thanks, these are the first cards I make. Touhou is a great series.

KTeknis

Post #6 by KTeknis » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:59 am

We got a Marisa archetype, we got a Yorigami Archetype, and now we got a Shrine Maiden archetype. Tbh when hearing the name, I though it would be about Hakurai Shrine denizens like Reimu, Yukari, etc, or Sanae's.
For "Fantasy Maiden Extend" I think you can just make it a Quick-Play Spell instead? since it can also be activated from hand, although only during your turn only.
Still, I might try it someday.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

yanick9

Post #7 by yanick9 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:21 am

KTeknis wrote:We got a Marisa archetype, we got a Yorigami Archetype, and now we got a Shrine Maiden archetype. Tbh when hearing the name, I though it would be about Hakurai Shrine denizens like Reimu, Yukari, etc, or Sanae's.
For "Fantasy Maiden Extend" I think you can just make it a Quick-Play Spell instead? since it can also be activated from hand, although only during your turn only.

I didn't want an archetype of a couple of characters, but rather the series as a whole. Extend was designed to be live at all times and because nearly all spell/traps that activate from the hand are traps, so is Extend. Having 2 traps also makes them potentially less searchable with Nazrin than the 3 in-archetype spells.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #8 by Lil Oldman » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:36 am

KTeknis wrote:We got a Marisa archetype, we got a Yorigami Archetype, and now we got a Shrine Maiden archetype. Tbh when hearing the name, I though it would be about Hakurai Shrine denizens like Reimu, Yukari, etc, or Sanae's.

That first half is mostly due to my enthusiasm lmao, I feel like that scene from star wars of "200,000 units are ready, with a million more well in the way".

Futuregamer

Post #9 by Futuregamer » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:59 am

Not much to give an opinion on. There is no common mechanic or identity to the cards. It's pretty forgettable.

yanick9

Post #10 by yanick9 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Futuregamer wrote:Not much to give an opinion on. There is no common mechanic or identity to the cards. It's pretty forgettable.

Fair enough. The main mechanic would've been the destruction of linked monsters but the effect requires a single card.

Return to “Custom Cards”