Proud with my Custom Cards (Updated 4)

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Rocket2

Proud with my Custom Cards (Updated 4)

Post #1 by Rocket2 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:20 am

This will be my first post about 5 custom cards I'd made based on the 5D main casts. After learning psct, looking at meta, current existing cards, & brainstorming for days, I'm proud of my works. If these cards are real, I believed everything are balanced & great. I will go into my "long" reasoning for the decisions I had made. Shout-out to "Futuregamer" with his custom guide, and "SinfulCreator" who reviewing my works. Couldn't done it without them. Changed: Washen 1st effect.

Update 1: I'd decided to post my individual cards here, instead of making new post every time. Still cannot think of a good non-similar to other DB verison of "Black-Winged Dragon", "Ancient Fairy Dragon" & "Black Rose Dragon" non-Majestic upgrade boss version. However, I did thought & made 3 new cards that fit Aki, Crow & Runa.

Update 2: 3 new cards for our three underappreciated 5D support characters; Bolt, Lazar & Trudge.

Update 3: 5 new cards when brainstorming for Sayer, Lawton, Misty, and Signers. Changed: PPP got nerf.

Update 4: Finally out of good new inspiration for our anime characters. These 3 cards are just some standalone cards I’d brainstormed.

Radiant Stardust Dragon
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1847616

[Art]: Found in DeviantArt, Dino-master, not such if the person who post it is the true artist, but it sure look cool.
[Category]: The main inspiration for me to made a Fusion Stardust was because of "Miracle Synchro Fusion". Konami had long gave up on making Fusion Monsters using "Synchro Monster" in text as fusion material, and there are only 9 of them currently. Two that used Dragon Synchro Monster as material are "Supreme King Z-ARC" & "Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste", SKZA are hard to summon, and DKDE payout is not worth it.
[Materials]: After a lot of brainstorming, I came to a reasonable conclusion to go with these Fusion Materials. All 5D Signers' dragons are both Dragon & Synchro Monster. Dragon are a popular typing. Konami care about Synchro Dragon. Its 2020 so easier Fusion Materials. Cards like "Miracle Synchro Fusion", "Super Polymerization", "Necro Fusion" & "Muddy Mudragon" work. Smart opposing player can lessen the pain by not having the board ended with both a Dragon & a Synchro Monster against "Super Polymerization". Another inspiration was from "Predaplant Dragostapella". At this moment, I can only think of Blue-Eyes, Dragunity, Rokket, Buster Blader & Synchro focused Spams decks utilize & threaten by this fusion card.
[Level]: A LV that is common for higher LV boss, and Konami 1st attempt in making Fusion Monsters using Synchro Monster in text as material are all LV10.
[ATK/DEF]: "Stardust Dragon" stats because I like Yusei monsters, & any higher feel OP due to its 2nd effect.
[Effects]: I'd see enough of Yusei's custom "Stardust/Shooting" bosses with the same effects in chain block, and multiple attacks. Let give him more toys to play with. Stardust protection theme remain so that's the 1st effect, and based on cards like "Gatchiri@Ignister" & "Stardust Sifr Divine Dragon". I like it, because it only work once like all "Stardust/Shooting" effects, and the user need to consider when to use its 3rd effect, & leaving their field more vulnerable. The 2nd effect was again another inspiration from cards like "Rasterliger" & "Invoked Augoeides". Super Poly can work in your Battle Phase, so this card can win games. The last 3rd effect is the theme "Stardust/Shooting" tribute/banish itself, but this time it tagout a LV7-8 Synchro Dragon. Banish itself instead of Tribute to prevent revive later, and "Called By The Grave". However, it still feel like a free SS, so that monster cannot attack. Even though there are a lot of Dragon Synchros, I think in most competitive situation; only 6 are worth running with this 3rd effect. This 3rd quick effect is activated during the opponent's Main Phase only, or else it busted, and a chance for your opponent' to play Spell Speed 2 negate effect, or Dark Ruler No More. CCG is about interaction with the other player, and its fun. Among the 5 cards I'd made, this one is probably the most likely to see competitive play, if real.

Meteor Red Dragon Archfiend
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1912563

[Art]: DeviantArt Artist, AlanMac95 but I believe its original came from pixiv, but by who, I do not know. Its "Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity" but a custom alternate artwork. I will let this one slide as a new monster because it look Badass.
[Materials]: The current materials was inspired by "Red Supernova Dragon" to fit 2020 cards. RDA Archetype trend to focus on 2-3 Tuners Synchro Material for their highest bosses, so I did just that.
[Level]: Instead of doing the exact same things "Red Dragon Archfiend" archetype always does, let give it my own spice. Beside this is just my version of a OTK LV12 RDA boss card.
[ATK/DEF]: 4000 ATK is perfect because tied to other high LV 4k boss including "King Calamity", and not 4500 or higher because it doesn't used all high LV fusion materials like "Blue-Eyes Alternative Ultimate Dragon".
[Effects]: 1st effect is its protection because RDA theme, and allow some interesting interaction with its other effects. 2nd effect is Meteor Counter with 3 effects. To prevent unfairness, the drawback is no more Summon/Set other monsters, also HOPT. This is mandatory, so instead of the opponent just chain block; a few smart plays are to either blanket or remove it before the 2nd effect resolved. No counter & no summon/set as it is a lingering effect. What a comeback. The +1 attack is amusing because if at least 1 Counter= 2 attacks can be perform on the monster, if 0 counter= 1 attack on monster. Luckily in competitive duels, the opponent will have >1 monster so this card will likely OTK (with your other monsters). The Meteor Counter had an exception to Defense Position non-Effect Monster. Since most Token (but not all) usually have non-existent ATK/DEF, it feel like a cheat to changed them to Attack Position in the face of MRDA, especially through cheap trick by the MRDA player themselves. Due to this exception, if the opposing Defense Position Effect Monster that cannot be changed to Attack Position due to a card effect, or cannot lose their effects, then they only lose ATK/DEF. Creative ways to survive the OTK. Fun card right.

Shining Stream Dragon
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1796320

[Art]: Made by DeviantArt, BatMed. Awesome art. Konami doesn't like Lua so I thought some new supports would be nice.
[Materials]: Based on "Life Stream Dragon". However, we are in the year 2020, so easy materials, and there are many Tuner Synchros with Quick Effect to immediately Synchro Summon during the opponent's turn, so this card can banish 1 card, then lockdown.
[Level]: 1 LV higher than the Tuner Synchro Monster LSD, and not be bought out by Radiant Stardust Dragon.
[ATK/DEF]: Same stats as LSD because all continuous floodgate monsters have ATK below 3k, like "Nekroz of Unicore" & "Amorphactor Pain". Also another ways to balance this floodgate, so cards like "Zoo King Alpha" can beat it.
[Effects]: This is not a Tuner Synchro, no thank to "Crystron Halqifibrax" (Broken & dumb). The first sentence is the limitation, preventing full M/S/T lockdown. The 1st effect is to equip a target (theme of Lua's strategy revolving Equip Cards), but can be stop by removing 1 of those 2 targets from the GY. This is more fun than just get pop or chain block it. The popularity of handtrap made this card viable in turn 1. Although it seem like a given that it can just banish its material to activate the 2nd effect, but its still require a specific card, and may prevent Synchro Summon card effects that cheat it out from the ED. The 2nd effect, the Floodgate is interesting in many ways. To made this effect fair with this easy enough Synchro: "All" face-up cards of the same type are affected (if only opponent, then busted), the 1st effect must resolved, book this card will destroy the Equip Card, only during the Main & Battle Phase because if negate Spells, then at least Quick-Play Spell can work outside those phases (For exa; "Cosmic Cyclone" at the Draw Phase.), and lastly, the opponent can go after this unprotected monster or Equip Card. The user can play around their own floodgate with >Spell Speed 1 cards/effects. I had done my best to prevent this card from being broken.

Power Tool Voltage Dragon
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1796388

[Art]: Deviantart Artist, Kai1411. I'd read it was a Pixiv artist who done it but can't find the artist. Badass looking right.
[Materials]: The year is 2020, instead of the text "Power Tool" Synchro Monster, or the original name from both the manga & anime, let made it all generic. Decks that relay on Equip Card, got more toys to play with.
[Level]: 10 is more common than 9 or 11, but the anime idea is to revive the LV3 Tuner that make a "Power Tool Dragon", & Synchro this card, after using PTD effect. Beside "Shining Stream Dragon" is LV9, so I need another higher LV Synchro for Lua.
[ATK/DEF]: +500 higher than PTD. Reminded of "Master Peace" where it can be runover in Attack Position by the threshold 3k ATK monster. Beside the Equip Spell can boost its ATK over 3k.
[Effects]: 1st effect is just to get an Equip Spell (PTD theme after all) on the field, even it equipped to the opponent's monster because it still help the 2nd effect. I think the banishing the Equip Spell, no GY activation, and the PTD condition are all reasonable restriction for a +1 any Equip Spell, or else it will be a given. This also just another way the opponent can stop the 1st effect by removing the only "Power Tool" from the GY. 2nd Quick Effect is where it send the Equip Card as a cost to pop 1 monster. Its target monster only because this generic card is easy to summon, so any deck can run it. Beside, it is still effective as you can remove your opponent's Equip Card as a free cost. This is not unfair to me because to get a free cost, it depended on your opponent & their deck playing style. However it does show up with cards like "Borreload Savage Dragon" & "Infernoble Knight" for some amusing interaction. But in most situation, you send your own Equip Card to the GY, & very likely have more ways to get >1 Equip Cards. Lastly, the cost is interesting because MST will not stop the Quick Effect, and it doesn't trigger the Equip Card's effect if it was sent to the GY by a card effect or if destroyed.

Morphtronic Washen
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1802103

[Art]: DevianArt Artist, AlanMac95 but that card's effects are just broken & dumb. I'd found the original pixiv artist, IWAO made this monster for Duel Masters. Clearly the image I used got edited, but still look neat.
[Category/Materials]: Clearly "Morphtronic" support, and for a tuner build archetype, they do not have a single in-archetype Synchro Monster. Konami's favoritism know no boundary.
[Level]: The only good LV 1 "Morphtronic" monster worth running are "Morphtronic Celfon" & "Smartfon". For LV 3 are "Remoten" & "Scopen", for a Synchro Spam Deck. With these cards, going LV 4 Synchro Summon is easy.
[ATK/DEF]: Below the threshold of a LV4 high ATK monster. Just more ways the opponent can get rid of this card, but just high enough stats to survive with its valuable effects.
[Effects]: I want a going 1st passive monster, so being a "Morphtronic" monster, the player must pick 1 of the 3 effects it had. (The 3rd being its float.) The banish ideas came to me because well, just look at it. It look like it can suck things into D.D. 1st effect has been updated to match its theme of banish, instead of prevent banish. This new effect can now slow the opp strategy in dumping their heavy GY reliance cards. 2nd effect weaken the usual monsters field combo. This unconditional floodgate should affect both players even when there are tons of ways to handle this monster. Good lesson in making yugioh cards. "Herald of The Arc Light" is one good example.

If you had reach this far, thank you for reading my post. Please comment, rate, and if there are some oversights I'd missed, or suggestion, please do tell.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:54 am, edited 27 times in total.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #2 by Darkraiclone » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:46 am

Not bad, these look pretty good.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

james123
Mood:

Post #3 by james123 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:48 pm

I see you made Support for Jack Yusei and Leo (3 TIMES)... But what about a Big Level 12 Synchro for Crow, A Rose Synchro Tuner monster for Akiza and even an Ancient Fairy Dragon and Regulus Remake for Luna!

Rocket2

Post #4 by Rocket2 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:54 pm

james123 wrote:I see you made Support for Jack Yusei and Leo (3 TIMES)... But what about a Big Level 12 Synchro for Crow, A Rose Synchro Tuner monster for Akiza and even an Ancient Fairy Dragon and Regulus Remake for Luna!

My brain got nothing good. :lol:

Rocket2

Post #5 by Rocket2 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:30 am

Garden Rose Queen
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1984014
[Art]: Found in Pinterest. Artist? No clue, but she is based on Queen of Hearts. However, when I look at “Garden Rose Maiden”, not only does she look like a bride in white rose wedding dress, but she also reminded me of the White Queen from Through the Looking Glass. So, I use this image as the Red Queen instead, her counterpart.
[Category]: It was originally going to be a Contact Fusion Monster, but Link Monster just make the most sense with her effects. Besides, more Plant Link is always nice. I can see this card being play in Aromage & Rikka Fairy, and maybe in Sylvan & Predaplant.
[Materials]: 3 “Rose” and/or Plants so that Rose Dragon, and Plant Deck can run this card. It is too dangerous to make it more generic (like 2+) because it should use Token as material. More on that later.
[Link]: 3 is the most sense, as I will explain it below.
[ATK/DEF]: If you had already guessed, 2400 ATK + 3 Link Materials for a Link 3 were inspired by the anime when “Black Garden” destroying 3 “Rose Tokens”.
[Effects]: The first & second sentence are the restrictions. Not only to prevent abuse, but allow some clever decision. One interesting play is the opponent activate “Solemn Strike” on her activation effects, so that the SSOPT will be in play. The third sentence is her alternative summon requirement, thanks to the new psct from “Saros Eresh Kurnugias”. Since this card is based on “Black Garden”, “Rose Tokens” should be taken advantage. Of course, 3 Tokens= Free Link 3 summon, but this is a gimmick (unless by “Black Garden”), she still cannot be used as Link Material, so no easy >Link 3 or another copy. Her 1st effect is to blow all other monsters away. Some inspirations from "Black Rose Dragon" & "Cyber Eltanin". Her 2nd effect is protection against cards like “Black Garden” but so much more, also cards like “Forbidden Droplets” effect negation will fail on it too. I do not allow “Black Garden” to destroy this card due to she is supposed to be the master, the intention is for that Field Spell is to revive her (not the other way around), and she has an alternative Link Summon requirement. The 3rd effect is a good free specific Quick Effect negation. Got this inspiration when I thought what if Aki vs Z-ONE using modern cards. It was originally going to be a 1 turn floodgate lingering effect with -1 card cost, but I changed my mind. She too good already with her 1st & 2nd effects. Also with this wording, she can negate cards like "Waking the Dragon". What a beauty!

Blackwing – The Nightfall Vigilant
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1984355
[Art]: Found it in DB from the user “SpaghettiRolls”, and it’s cool. Based on this monster look, its name came from the creature, Tengu.
[Materials]: Pure generic as I think I can allow this card with its 1st effect to splat in other non-Blackwing Deck, such as Harpie, & maybe Raidraptor. We really lack in pure Winged Beast archetype.
[Level]: The only LV8 “Blackwing” Synchro currently is “Silverwind The Ascendant”, and that card is not worth running. So, this is my take in LV8.
[ATK/DEF]: 2800 ATK make the most sense, it’s under 3k ATK boss, and remind me of that Silverwind.
[Effect]: Its 1st effect is to pop all other SSed monster, sort of for free and in most situation only to your opponent’s cards with this a generic Synchro Monster. So, the 2nd sentence is that its restriction to only Winged Beast Deck is necessary for this powerful effect. This should be fine with those decks as they can still SS cards like “Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty”. The reason behind the “all others” instead of just the opponent’s monsters is that this card in theory can be splat in every Synchro Deck, so the user must think & consider if Synchro Summon this card 1st, or put it in the Extra Deck is even worth running. I had just recently add the text "Extra Deck" in its 1st effect to weaken it a bit, because being a generic LV8 Synchro Monster are the best Synchro Monster in the game, and it still fit the 5D era where Extra Deck Monsters are becoming more mainstream. The 2nd effect is interesting, as the user will get +1 card “temporary”. To prevent cheat and confusion without calling a judge, that card must remain revealed, and discard it later. This is to get cards like “Kalut The Moon Shadow” for the Damage Step, “Breeze the Zephyr” onto the field, or “Zephyros The Elite” into the GY. Which is why this a Battle Phase effect, to prevent Main Phase 1 abuse. If its 1st effect didn’t work out, then maybe this effect will.

Vulpecula Ansere
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1996530
[Art]: Artist “Stella Saputra” from Artstation. This card name & monster are based on constellation, which Regulus (Runa card) is based on too. In translation, “the little fox goose”, and that was the intention when the artist draw this hybrid.
[Category]: Link Monster make sense for its effect. Although my original intention was to create a new support card for Runa, I got this generic monster instead, but I’m cool with it.
[Material/Link]: When it came to Link 1, I must be very careful. In the end, I came to the decision of using this link material for its effects.
[ATK]: Must be 1k or less ATK because a Link 1 that every deck can play, & easier for the opponent to beat it by battle, & deal decent battle damage.
[Effects]: The first & second sentences are necessary heavy limitations. These are to prevent abuse Normal Summoning, sending those materials to the GY, Fusion Material for Invoked, and link climb. The 1st effect, negating Field Spells your opponent control, namely “Mystic Mine” (The worst Field card in any card game history). Was inspired by “Block Gate” too, but it does not negate outside on the field, like float effect. Also, it is only during the user’s turn, this is to prevent turn 1 floodgate uses by decks that don’t care about their Extra Monster Zone, or Field Spell. The user is force to play around their Extra Monster Zone (a tradeoff for the user not siding Spell/Trap removal cards against "Mystic Mine".), but allow strategy like pop “Mystic Mine” with “Knightmare Phoenix”, and draw 1 card because co-linked. The 2nd effect is to banish “added” Field Spell from the hand, cards like “Orcustrated Babel” (GY effect). This work on both players as an option to remove this card from the Extra Monster Zone by the user themselves. Allow activate/Set Field Spell directly from anywhere, as a weakness. A pretty decent & balance generic Link 1 monster on my 1st attempt.

If you had reach this far, thank you for reading my post. Please comment, rate, and if there are some oversights I'd missed, or suggestion, please do tell.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

james123
Mood:

Post #6 by james123 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:01 am

Rocket2 wrote:Garden Rose Queen
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1984014
[Art]: Found in Pinterest. Artist? No clue, but she is based on Queen of Hearts. However, when I look at “Garden Rose Maiden”, not only does she look like a bride in white rose wedding dress, but she also reminded me of the White Queen from Through the Looking Glass. So, I use this image as the Red Queen instead, her counterpart.
[Category]: It was originally going to be a Contact Fusion Monster, but Link Monster just make the most sense with her effects. Besides, more Plant Link is always nice. I can see this card being play in Aromage & Rikka Fairy, and maybe in Sylvan & Predaplant.
[Materials]: 3 “Rose” and/or Plants so that Rose Dragon, and Plant Deck can run this card. It is too dangerous to make it more generic (like 2+) because it should use Token as material. More on that later.
[Link]: 3 is the most sense, as I will explain it below.
[ATK/DEF]: If you had already guessed, 2400 ATK + 3 Link Materials for a Link 3 were inspired by the anime when “Black Garden” destroying 3 “Rose Tokens”.
[Effects]: The first & second sentence is her alternative summon requirement, & restriction, thanks to the new psct from “Saros Eresh Kurnugias”. Since this card is based on “Black Garden”, “Rose Tokens” should be taken advantage. Of course, 3 Tokens= Free Link 3 summon, but this is a gimmick (unless by “Black Garden”), also she cannot be used as Link Material, so no easy >Link 3 or another copy. Her 1st effect is to blow all other monsters away. Fourth sentence is her SSOPT. Not only to prevent abuse, but allow some clever decision. One interesting play is the opponent activate “Solemn Strike” on her activation effects, so that the SSOPT will be in play. Her 2nd effect is protection against cards like “Black Garden” but so much more, also cards like “Forbidden Droplets” effect negation will fail on it too. I do not allow “Black Garden” to destroy this card due to she is supposed to be the master, the intention is for that Field Spell is to revive her (not the other way around), and she has an alternative Link Summon requirement. The 3rd effect is a good free specific Quick Effect negation. Got this inspiration when I thought what if Aki vs Z-ONE using modern cards. It was originally going to be a 1 turn floodgate lingering effect with -1 card cost, but I changed my mind. She too good already with her 1st & 2nd effects. Also with this wording, she can negate cards like "Waking the Dragon". What a beauty!

Blackwing – The Nightfall Vigilant
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1984355
[Art]: Found it in DB from the user “SpaghettiRolls”, and it’s cool. Based on this monster look, its name came from the creature, Tengu.
[Materials]: Pure generic as I think I can allow this card with its 1st effect to splat in other non-Blackwing Deck, such as Harpie, & maybe Raidraptor. We really lack in pure Winged Beast archetype.
[Level]: The only LV8 “Blackwing” Synchro currently is “Silverwind The Ascendant”, and that card is not worth running. So, this is my take in LV8.
[ATK/DEF]: 2800 ATK make the most sense, it’s under 3k ATK boss, and remind me of that Silverwind.
[Effect]: Its 1st effect is to pop all other SSed monster, sort of for free and in most situation only to your opponent’s cards with this a generic Synchro Monster. So, the 2nd sentence is that its restriction to only Winged Beast Deck is necessary for this powerful effect. This should be fine with those decks as they can still SS cards like “Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty”. The reason behind the “all others” instead of just the opponent’s monsters is that this card in theory can be splat in every Synchro Deck, so the user must think & consider if Synchro Summon this card 1st, or put it in the Extra Deck is even worth running. The 2nd effect is interesting, as the user will get +1 card “temporary”. To prevent cheat and confusion without calling a judge, that card must remain revealed, and discard it later. This is to get cards like “Kalut The Moon Shadow” during the Damage Step, “Breeze the Zephyr” onto the field, or “Zephyros The Elite” into the GY. Which is why this a Battle Phase effect, to prevent Main Phase 1 abuse. If its 1st effect didn’t work out, then maybe this effect will.

Vulpecula Ansere
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1996530
[Art]: Artist “Stella Saputra”. This card name & monster are based on constellation, which Regulus (Runa card) is based on too. In translation, “the little fox goose”, and that was the intention when the artist draw this hybrid.
[Category]: Link Monster make sense for its effect. Although my original intention was to create a new support card for Runa, I got this generic monster instead, but I’m cool with it.
[Material/Link]: When it came to Link 1, I must be very careful. In the end, I came to the decision of using this link material for its effects.
[ATK]: Must be 1k or less ATK because a Link 1 that every deck can play, & easier for the opponent to beat it by battle, & deal decent battle damage.
[Effects]: The first & second sentences are necessary heavy limitations. These are to prevent abuse Normal Summoning, sending those materials to the GY, Fusion Material for Invoked, and link climb. The 1st effect, negating Field Spells your opponent control, namely “Mystic Mine” (The worst Field card in any card game history). Was inspired by “Block Gate” too, but it does not negate outside on the field, like float effect. Also, it is only during the user’s turn, this is to prevent turn 1 floodgate uses by decks that don’t care about their Extra Monster Zone, or Field Spell. The user is force to play around their Extra Monster Zone, but allow strategy like pop “Mystic Mine” with “Knightmare Phoenix”, and draw 1 card because co-linked. The 2nd effect is to banish “added” Field Spell from the hand, cards like “Orcustrated Babel” (GY effect). This work on both players as an option to remove this card from the Extra Monster Zone by the user themselves. Allow activate/Set Field Spell directly from anywhere, as a weakness. A pretty decent & balance generic Link 1 monster on my 1st attempt.

Thanks for making the other 3 cards for the Signers, It's kinda nice to give the rest of the Signers something new to play with

Rocket2

Post #7 by Rocket2 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:04 am

Fiendish Ushi Oni
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2034695
[Art]: Belong to the Deviant artist, Feig-Art. This monster is created based on the 5D character, Bolt with his anime ace card; Giant Ushi Oni.
[Category]: Being a Fusion Monster is based on the idea of combine two of his Ushi Oni, Giant + Normal Monster. This is far easier to use his 2 Ushi Oni, than bringing them out.
[Materials]: These odd materials are to prevent meta-abuse, as I always keep Super-Poly in mind when making Fusion Summoned Monsters. Being a non-archetype card, this card doesn’t feel out of place in Normal Monster focus Decks like Dark Magician, Igknight, Metalfoes, and Blue-Eyes. In most situation, the user will lose -2 card, since they need at least 1 non-Token Normal Monster (likely their own).
[ATK/DEF]: Standard high stats for LV8 monster. It’s a beatdown card after all.
[Effects]: So, the 1st effect is a continuous effect that allow this card to run over any battle protection/ stat boost monsters, like “Dogmatika Ecclesia” or “The Wicked Avatar”. The 2nd effect is to negate Spell/Trap Cards like “Torrential Tribute”. I was originally going to include the text “card or effect” to go after cards with GY trigger effects like “Waking the Dragon”, but I realized this is a free negation on Spell/Trap, and all Trap (by default) must be Set before activation, so this work on more than a third type of cards (excluding Counter Trap). Although I know this kind of negation is slow in today standard, and there are staple cards that does its job better, such as “Lightning Storm”. A gimmick strategy is pairing this card with Anti-Spell Fragrance. The 3rd last effect is the same effect as Giant Ushi Oni, allow it to attack twice, because this card is built for OTK.

Jester Ringmaster
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2033112
[Art]: This monster came from the mmorpg, Grand Chase, also a new Jester monster for Lazar.
[Category]: Xyz Monster made the most sense, as Jester Lord & Confit are the only 2 Jester monsters printed. Plus, if it got LV= allow Synchro later, if Link Monster= busted. I don’t have a deck in mind fully utilize this Rank 1 monster, but LV 1 monsters are quite popular, and this card can be run by LV 1 focused decks such as Lyrilusc, Meklord and Skull Servant.
[ATK/DEF]: Of course, its 0. All printed “Jester” monsters have 0 stats.
[Effects]: The 1st effect is the continuous limitation. Only 1 direct attack, so no 2nd copies Direct Attack, and no OTK by other monsters. This is a control boss, but removing it, or negate its effect will free the user for another direct attack. Replay that result in attack directly, or gimmick card/effect that allow this card to attack twice are acceptable. “Jester” archetype winning strategy is always about direct attack based on cards in the Spell & Trap Zones, so this card 3rd effect does the same. The max direct attack ATK by its own effect is 3000, high stat but it’s usually ranging 1800-2400. The 2nd effect is getting any Continuous Trap (likely Floodgate), a strategy Lazar used in the anime. The restriction of no other cards or effects activation is reasonable, also, this effect is to swap the “sending card” (not as cost) with a Continuous Trap, this is to prevent that card’s GY activation effect. Although this may not be the last action the user does, because they can always Link Summon this card away for a Quick Effect Link Monsters like Apollousa or I:P.

Pursuit Security Drone
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2052935
[Art]: Belong to an Artstation artist, Spencer Parke. A new card based on Trudge cards and his job in the Security sector. This monster & name came to me from “Pursuit Chaser”, which is a cop robot.
[LV/Materials]: LV3 “Pursuit Chaser” + LV2 Tuner. 5-6 are the LV Trudge always go to Synchro Summon, and he only used LV1-2 Tuner monsters (excluding Dark Tuner Chaos Rogue). Plus, after burned the opponent, the user can use this card for Link Material, Rank 5, & >LV5 Synchro Monster.
[ATK/DEF]: Cannot be above 2200 based ATK due to its LV & 2nd effect damage, and it just barely enough for increasing # of LV4 monsters with 2100 DEF.
[Effects]: The 1st effect is its main one, that is to inflict damage for every Set to the Spell & Trap Zones. I got this inspiration from Trudge’s anime card; Final Countdown, and his strategy to burn the opponent. Restrictions: No Set cards from non-hand, only thrive per turn (similar to the anime “Final Countdown” 3=1500), and during the user’s Main Phase, to prevent cards like “Trap Trick” that Set card from elsewhere, and may cause some confusion with its restriction & 1st effect. The 2nd sentences are the restriction that the opponent does not take any effect damage by the users’ Spells/Traps “during the turn you activate this effect”. Clearly, I do not want the user to both burn the opponent by this card effect and their Set Spells like “Ectoplasmer”. Also, due to this clause, if the user did inflict damage by their Spells/Traps before this card effect, then the 1st effect will not be activated. The 2nd last effect is another burn damage on DEF monster that was inspired from “Pursuit Chaser” only effect, and the drone image & name in hunting/searching potential targets on the run, or in hiding.

If you had reach this far, thank you for reading my post. Please comment, rate, and if there are some oversights I’d missed, or suggestion, please do tell.
Last edited by Rocket2 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james123
Mood:

Post #8 by james123 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:38 am

Rocket2 wrote:Fiendish Ushi Oni
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2034695
[Art]: Belong to the Deviant artist, Feig-Art. This monster is created based on the 5D character, Bolt with his anime ace card; Giant Ushi Oni.
[Category]: Being a Fusion Monster is based on the idea of combine two of his Ushi Oni, Giant + Normal Monster. This is far easier to use his 2 Ushi Oni, than bringing them out.
[Materials]: These odd materials are to prevent meta-abuse, as I always keep Super-Poly in mind when making Fusion Summoned Monsters. Being a non-archetype card, this card doesn’t feel out of place in Normal Monster focus Decks like Dark Magician, Igknight, Metalfoes, and Blue-Eyes. In most situation, the user will lose -2 card, since they need at least 1 non-Token Normal Monster (likely their own).
[ATK/DEF]: Standard high stats for LV8 monster. It’s a beatdown card after all.
[Effects]: So, the 1st effect is a continuous effect that allow this card to run over any battle protection/ stat boost monsters, like “Dogmatika Ecclesia” or “The Wicked Avatar”. The 2nd effect is to negate Spell/Trap Cards like “Torrential Tribute”. I was originally going to include the text “card or effect” to go after cards with GY trigger effects like “Waking the Dragon”, but I realized this is a free negation on Spell/Trap, and all Trap (by default) must be Set before activation, so this work on more than a third type of cards (excluding Counter Trap). Although I know this kind of negation is slow in today standard, and there are staple cards that does its job better, such as “Lightning Storm”. A gimmick strategy is pairing this card with Anti-Spell Fragrance. The 3rd last effect is the same effect as Giant Ushi Oni, allow it to attack twice, because this card is built for OTK.

Jester Ringmaster
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2033112
[Art]: This monster came from the mmorpg, Grand Chase, also a new Jester monster for Lazar.
[Category]: Xyz Monster made the most sense, as Jester Lord & Confit are the only 2 Jester monsters printed. Plus, if it got LV= allow Synchro later, if Link Monster= busted. I don’t have a deck in mind fully utilize this Rank 1 monster, but LV 1 monsters are quite popular, and this card can be run by LV 1 focused decks such as Lyrilusc, Meklord and Skull Servant.
[ATK/DEF]: Of course, its 0. All printed “Jester” monsters have 0 stats.
[Effects]: The 1st effect is the continuous limitation. Only 1 direct attack, so no 2nd copies Direct Attack, and no OTK by other monsters. This is a control boss, but removing it, or negate its effect will free the user for another direct attack. Replay that result in attack directly, or gimmick card/effect that allow this card to attack twice are acceptable. “Jester” archetype winning strategy is always about direct attack based on cards in the Spell & Trap Zones, so this card 3rd effect does the same. The max direct attack ATK by its own effect is 3000, high stat but it’s usually ranging 1800-2400. The 2nd effect is getting any Continuous Trap (likely Floodgate), a strategy Lazar used in the anime. The restriction of no other cards or effects activation is reasonable, also, this effect is to swap the “sending card” (not as cost) with a Continuous Trap, this is to prevent that card’s GY activation effect. Although this may not be the last action the user does, because they can always Link Summon this card away for a Quick Effect Link Monsters like Apollousa or I:P.

Pursuit Security Drone
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2052935
[Art]: Belong to the artist, Spencer Parke. A new card based on Trudge cards and his job in the Security sector. This monster & name came to me from “Pursuit Chaser”, which is a cop robot.
[LV/Materials]: LV3 “Pursuit Chaser” + LV2 Tuner. 5-6 are the LV Trudge always go to Synchro Summon, and he only used LV1-2 Tuner monsters (excluding Dark Tuner Chaos Rogue). Plus, after burned the opponent, the user can use this card for Link Material, Rank 5, & >LV5 Synchro Monster.
[ATK/DEF]: Cannot be above 2200 based ATK due to its LV & 2nd effect damage, and it just barely enough for increasing # of LV4 monsters with 2100 DEF.
[Effects]: The 1st effect is its main one, that is to inflict damage for every Set to the Spell & Trap Zones. I got this inspiration from Trudge’s anime card; Final Countdown, and his strategy to burn the opponent. Restrictions: No Set cards from non-hand, only thrive per turn (similar to the anime “Final Countdown” 3=1500), and during the user’s Main Phase, to prevent cards like “Trap Trick” that Set card from elsewhere, and may cause some confusion with its restriction & 1st effect. The 2nd sentences are the restriction that the opponent does not take any effect damage by the users’ Spells/Traps “during the turn you activate this effect”. Clearly, I do not want the user to both burn the opponent by this card effect and their Set Spells like “Ectoplasmer”. Also, due to this clause, if the user did inflict damage by their Spells/Traps before this card effect, then the 1st effect will not be activated. The 2nd last effect is another burn damage on DEF monster that was inspired from “Pursuit Chaser” only effect, and the drone image & name in hunting/searching potential targets on the run, or in hiding.

If you had reach this far, thank you for reading my post. Please comment, rate, and if there are some oversights I’d missed, or suggestion, please do tell.

The 5Ds monsters no one ever heard of for some odd reason while the former had it's Members never printed, hopefully I had some Forgotten Ape, Spider, and Reptillianne stuff in mind....

Rocket2

Post #9 by Rocket2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:17 am

Psycho Path
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2061301
[Image/Name]: From the ArtStation artist; Tim Kaminski. I just need an image that imply the creation of the Ritual Monster, or its journey in becoming one.
[Effects:] Well thinking about a good non-archetype Psychic monster for Sayer, I noticed there have been decent amount of Psychic Fusions & Synchros, so the next best action I can think of utilize these vast pools is Ritual Summon. Inspired from “Odd-Eyes Advent”, this is an easy free fodder to Ritual Summon a standalone Ritual, but the payout is not explosive. Since Extreme Victory onwards, the theme of Psychic is banishing their own cards, combo with its Ritual, but more importantly, dumping the ED fodder to the GY is just dumb because of “Psy-Framelord” loop. If going 2nd using Pre-Preparation of Rites, its should usually be breakeven for LV6 Ritual (If didn't draw any of the 2 cards). Plus the user still need space to run 2 bricks & 2-3 Rites.

Psychic Psi-Psycho
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2061297
[Image/Name]: From the Deviantart artist; Travis-Anderson. I choose this name because it fit the Psychic naming theme, very catchy, and just fun. :)
[Category]: Same reasons as mentioned above, and my 1st attempt on Ritual Monster.
[Attribute]: Many Psychic monsters in 5D era are EARTH, and since this card is for Sayer, I do just that.
[ATK/DEF]: 2400 ATK due to this card effects & LV. Also allow non-Effect Monsters to beat it by battle without trigger any of its effects, such as “Red-Eyes Black Dragon”.
[Effects]: Updated, it got nerfs due to some oversights. Now its must be Ritual Summoned bec a possible 2nd Rites (I forgot it can add from GY). The 1st effect is one that I had taken a lot of considerations with these 2 bricks, especially compare with “Borreload Dragon”. The result; PPP is weaker, because breakeven, have float, and its “battles” not “attacks” (a semi-battle protection). The 2nd effect is its float that can SS the banished Psychic, such as “Hyper Psychic Riser” or “Myutant Ultimus” (A combo with its Spell). However, its trigger by the new updated specific opponent dependent actions (no more leaves the field), due to its 1st effect & being a Ritual, not ED Monster. These two effects on paper may seem OP, but it isn’t, especially to competitive players. The opponent can easily prevent the trigger/resolve of both effects by: negate its face-up effects before attack, book it then pop (even by battle due to miss its “start” of Dmg Step), steal, Kaiju, bounce, attack with Effect Monsters like Utopia Lightning or Star Eater, & etc. I’d fun making these 2 cards :) .

Heavy Shot Ogre
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2071983
[Image/Category]: Drawn by the Deviantart artist; albe75 on Warhammer 40K. A new boss for Lawton. The Gun Ogre archetype theme are ogres in an America Civil War era, and this image is as close as I can gets :-P. Lawton only used Main Deck Effect Monsters, and it make sense with his burn strategy.
[Level/Attribute/Type]: The archetype is all FIRE Fiend monsters, and their LV are at odd number. The LV 7 & its effects are to make this card only worth playing in casual plays or FIRE decks. Cannot be 5 or else it increases the odd of more decks using it.
[ATK/DEF]: Standard, but more importantly, it must be 2500 ATK or less due to its easy alternative summon method.
[Effect]: The first line is an easier way to Tribute Summon this card who greatly depend on it. I know what I had just said on its LV7, but this is to inform users that FIRE decks are where this card belong. Since the 1st effect is trigger by Tribute Summoned (one of the least competitive modern summoning methods), it may not reach 5 Spells/Traps because there are many have GY effect even after turn 2, unless I include FIRE monsters too. The payout had to be good, which is why its once per duel. Any effects that deal 2K or higher without doing anything with the opponents’ cards, should “mostly” be gimmick, and this is to prevent another easy 2k dmg next turn. The 2nd effect is to get one of its ammo back. Specific monster is a more balance choice instead of any Spell/Trap, as they can make ED monster. Also, I slapped in “can’t activate” in case of non-HOPT burn monsters (Gatling Ogre in mind), and this float is not HOPT. This mandatory float served as a backup if its Tribute Summon or 1st effect was shut, but nothing may be SSed.

Ann, The Tragic Basilisk
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2091093
[Image/Name]: Drawn by Remarin from Deviantart. A new card inspired by Misty’s “final duel”. The name came from Anne Neville, a Queen from Shakespeare’s tragedy play; Richard III, where she makes a Basilisk reference on her eyes while looking at her husband’s killer.
[Category]: My 1st attempt on Pendulum Monster. Separating its effects to its Scale & Main Effects make a nice 1-time combo. Similar to how “Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings” keep reviving itself using face-up Spells, Pendulum Monster does something similar.
[Type]: I was originally going for a Reptile; however, the artist draws a Basilisk Wyrm, the next closest type to a Dragon. Dragon Queen was the main inspiration after all.
[Level & ATK]: 1 Level higher than Dragon Queen, and with its ATK & DEF opposite to it, another reference and decent stats.
[Scale]: 5 is one of the most undesirable numbers for Pendulum Scale, and that’s the point. As this card only purpose on the Pendulum Zone is to blow itself up. Its scale effect combo guarantees 1-time rip (in a vacuum).
[Effects]: Were inspired from Misty’s anime “Sad Story” Spells. The 1st line is to limit it to “mostly” Pendulum Summon, and no easy “Deck SS Wyrm” effect. The two continuous effects are dependent on the 1st effect, so if the opponent chain block the declaration, then the 2 effects will only reveal the draw card(s). In practice, the user may not be rip because the opponent likely pops it before then, so it’s almost a free 2600 ATK on field, but it still affects both players and luck based (sort of). For further balancing, all “Ann monsters” will blow themselves up if unlucky, because multiple copies can be present. Think of it like multiple face-up “Vanity’s Emptiness”. Hence, no HOPT and allow multiple copies. Luckily, it’s a Pendulum Monster, so it can bring itself out again for another hunt. However, it can be a brick, lack offensive field present, and there are better rip cards.

Primordial Sky Lord
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2069566
[Image/Name]: From the pixiv artist; りゅてい. From what the artist is aiming for, it is a large ancient dragon that once rule the sky/land.
[Category/Rank]: Came from the idea if Aki, Lua &/or Luna are in a modern tag duel (who’s aces are LV7) and from the Spell “Black and White Wave”. Xyz Monster make more sense than Contact Fusion because I can limit it alternative summon to OPT, it’s a Xyz Summon so I can limit its float to one-time use, and it save valuable space.
[Material]: The 3 is just to make it harder to summon traditionally, but instead go with its alternative summon, but this can result in -3 cards to bring out (2 Tuners, 2 Non-Tuners).
[Attribute/Type]: The monster came from high above, so either WIND or LIGHT. Dragon is a popular type, and a lot of cards benefit from this.
[ATK/DEF]: Standard high ATK stat to for -2 or -3 monsters to make, and OTK potential.
[Effects]: Its first line is an alternative way in bringing it out faster. Reasons for this: 1) To see more plays in Synchro Decks, 2) In practice, most LV7 & higher Synchros are monsters the player want on their end board so it only made sense that 5-6 are the minimum LV, and 3) You still use big monsters to make this bigger monster. The 1st effect is the justification of this boss, a Quick Effect 1 turn monster effects negate & reduce ATK. A decent disruption & can OTK (This can be activated during the damage step). Not too flashy or staple for Synchro Players, just strong (It will be a different story if it got protection). And being a Xyz limit this Quick Effect to 2-3 use, and pointless to revive it later. Its 2nd effect was inspired by the Signers getting their aces back, and compensate the -3 cards in summon this card. A powerful float, which is why its trigger by destruction instead of “leaves the field”, and there are many ways to bypass/stop this. For exa; chain link & move 1 of those targets elsewhere.

If you had reach this far, thank you for reading my post. Please comment, rate, and if there are some oversights I’d missed, please do tell.

Rocket2

Post #10 by Rocket2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:53 am

Great Antlion King
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2159013
Image: Deviantart artist, KoiDrake. The ideas occurred to me when I was brainstorming how to Flip Summon a high LV monster somewhat easier & worth it. Antlion are ambush predators and most lived-in sandy habitats. They just fit my intention.
Type & Level: I haven’t posted an Insect type, so there’s that. Min LV7 to really encourage the user to play this card like I’d designed, and maybe make LV8 Synchro.
ATK/DEF: Its non-existence DEF is to telegraph this card cannot survive any attack before its Flip Summoned, hence no book itself on the field, unlike Guardian Sphinx. (But it has a different trick.) Its 2400 ATK allow the user to only require 2 more monsters with 2800 ATK for an OTK.
Effects: Being an ambush predator, it made sense that it can Set itself in the Spell & Trap Zone, and wait for the opp to fall for its trap. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be destroyed in the Spell & Trap Zone, just on the field, similar to “Primineral Mandstrong”. This is just its own trick to “survive” the opp’s turn, and locking Set Trap Cards (Solemn Judgment & etc) for its Flip Summon & OTK. The payout is a powerful banish face-down due to its face-down theme and justify the setup. However, there are many “if” for the setup, since the opp can still chain block its flip with monsters. But that’s fine. I’d designed this as a gimmick, and my 1st take in Flip Summon & Set in S/T.

D.D. Mega Medusa
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2164211
Image & Name: Artist unknown, but the pic can be found in pinterest, 9gag, & etc. Its Medusa name is an alternative to jellyfish, and the name just fit. Why Jellyfish; …I’m not sure. Any floating alien marine like creature will do, and this image is the one I chose.
Rank & Category: The idea came to me when I updated Morphtronic Washen’s effect. Making Xyz does not send materials from the field to the GY unlike most ED summon. So being a Xyz Monster made the most sense with its 2 effects. Its Rank 5 not 4 bec if Xyz players want to ran this card who floodgate & negate, they must make room in their limited ED space, similar to Utopias.
ATK/DEF: Its main purpose is a going 1st disruptor. So low ATK but high enough DEF for the opp to beat it by battle before combo off.
Effects: The 1st line is what I’d mentioned above, and this uncommon condition prevent making it with a revived Rank 4, and in most cases, it should only have 2 materials. Its 1st effect is a floodgate that slow Fusion, Synchro & Link players. This card can only be run in a mainly Xyz Decks. A lot of printed Xyz have passive effects requiring at least 1 Xyz Material, and it does balance them. Unlike a standard “monsters sent from field to GY are banished”, this floodgate can banish Fusion Materials from the hand, but not Contact Fusion, or materials that are already banished. Its 2nd mandatory effect is not only to interrupt both players’ plays, but since it does not pop, the opp can bait all its effects using a Link 1 or easy ED monsters.

Nike, Goddess of Triumph
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2167283
Image: Drawn by the deviantart, yigitkoroglu, but originally found in a blog labelled the image as Nike Goddess. Either case, I found an image for my 1st gimmick Duel Winners. Nike is Greek word for Victory, and she is a Greek goddess.
Category: There are few Duel Winners that are being used for their non-win condition, such as Exodius. So, I’m going for Super Poly usage. 3k Bosses are common, but even against an excepted matchup, it’s not often the opp end with 3 of them. So, I think in practice, the user likely use 1 of their 3k boss, resulting to both player in -2. This is the card main selling point. Decks that may run this card are Blue-Eyes, Ancient Gear, Train, & etc.
Materials, LV and ATK/DEF: I’m after the ongoing theme of using the number 3 & 3k. Like its LV can be divided by 3, 3 materials, and 3k stats.
Effects: First line is a necessary limitation for a Fusion Duel Winner. Its 1st effect is an unimpressed theme protection (No unaffected for based 3k Duel Winner bec that’s stupid). Her 2nd effect is for the win condition. Not the worst instant win, but realistic enough. Sticking with the theme, she needs to “only” pop 3 times (Mandatory trigger), and exactly 3k LP. (Optional LP modifier, and the win condition can work even long after her attacks.) Gimmick in giving your monsters (Dogoran Kaiju & etc) to your opp will not trigger the effect. Only gimmick players will try & win with her effects even going for full 3 turns. This card isn’t meant to be useful on the field. Her summon condition using Super Poly is the only reason to run her.

Return to “Custom Cards”