just a small addition to the "Age of Empires" deck i have

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

just a small addition to the "Age of Empires" deck i have

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:29 am

the relics. 5 of them. in the game of AoE once u control 5 relics a timer counts down to victory. I applied that to the concept of these cards, but instead of waiting after all 5 are on the field: its more like destiny board. Once all 5 are on the field: WIN! I also made it so it has to be drawn from the deck to be played. So you cant add it then play it. This severely balances it out. The only anti destruction/anti targeting they have is as long as a "Monk" or "Aztec Monk" are on the field. As in AoE Monks are the only unit able to grab and carry Relics.

They all have nearly identical effects with just a change in the names of the cards needed to claim victory (Such as "Age of Empires - Relic #1" & Age of Empires - Relic #2" so on and so fourth)

Heres the cards:

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1868136 - Relic #1
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1868138 - Relic #2
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1868143 - Relic #3
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1868145 - Relic #4
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1868147 - Relic #5

and since these cards mention "Monk" and "Aztec Monk" I will include these as well:
Monk: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=234992 (monks in AoE have the ability to heal units you conrol, convert units your opponent controls to your army, along with grabbing/carrying relics. Initally they have very low HP and non existant attack power - however i think 800 atk and 400 def is very well rounded for this)
Aztec Monk: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=700750 (in age of empires the Aztecs have the strongest monks in the game, so i stayed lore friendly with this by making its def high but its atk 0 while retaining the "take control" and a slightly higher "LP gaining" abilities of the original monk)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #2 by KTeknis » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:48 am

So they like Destiny Board, but you have to manually place them instead. A bit like a cross between DBoard and Exodia.
Also, isn't Alt Win is against your rule?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:52 am

KTeknis wrote:So they like Destiny Board, but you have to manually place them instead. A bit like a cross between DBoard and Exodia.

depends on if ur using "new support" for it. like "Obliterate!!!" with exodia.
when it comes to exodia: Drawing, and adding him to the hand is the only "support" i allow as his new support wasnt released till years afterwards. Exception on "Exodia Necros"
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #4 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:53 am

KTeknis wrote:So they like Destiny Board, but you have to manually place them instead. A bit like a cross between DBoard and Exodia.

he doesn't follow his own rules, he expects everyone else he duels him to.
dunno why really, maybe he should just follow the real yugioh rules that everyone plays.
b

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:58 am

basically my "Relic" cards are a slower and less efficient "Destiny Board" that requires each one to be activated from my hand. im pretty sure no one (within their right mind) would say my "Relic" cards are broken.

this is proof that i am able to make fair and balanced cards!

KTeknis

Post #6 by KTeknis » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:04 am

CrystalMusic wrote:basically my "Relic" cards are a slower and less efficient "Destiny Board" that requires each one to be activated from my hand. im pretty sure no one (within their right mind) would say my "Relic" cards are broken.

this is proof that i am able to make fair and balanced cards!

It could be faster, especially if start with multiple of them in your starting hand or using draw cards. You can take your FTK Exodia deck (the one with heck ton of draw cards), but replace the Exodias with the relics, and you can FTK with them.
Also another of my concern with them is that it has built in protection and it's an archtypal card: I don't know what is inside your AOE cards, and if one of them offers protection for AOE cards, it might be heck lot of usefull than D.Board

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:17 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

when it comes to exodia: Drawing, and adding him to the hand is the only "support" i allow as his new support wasnt released till years afterwards. Exception on "Exodia Necros"

There is no depends. No alternate wins PERIOD. You don't get to cherrypick how its applied.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

There is no depends. No alternate wins PERIOD. You don't get to cherrypick how its applied.

then ill just change that in my profile!!!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #9 by LightCaster » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:54 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

then ill just change that in my profile!!!

You should probably get rid of the rules that I pointed out that you break on a regular as well, thank you.

KTeknis

Post #10 by KTeknis » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:50 am

Oh, one more thing about these potential Relic FTK: They're spell cards, so Royal Magical Library or spell counter user would have a field day with these relics.
One idea I have is to give it Rank-Up-Magic the Seventh One's restriction:
To activate this card, you must draw it for your normal draw in your Draw Phase, reveal it, and keep it revealed until the start of Main Phase 1.

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:13 pm

And to keep it from being unusable, add something like: "If this card is in your hand: You can shuffle it into the Deck (and draw 1 card)" the draw is optional, depending on how good you want the relics to be. Also, like D. Board, only one of them needs to have the win condition written out for it to work, the Spirit Messages don't say it.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #12 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:01 pm

greg503 wrote:And to keep it from being unusable, add something like: "If this card is in your hand: You can shuffle it into the Deck (and draw 1 card)" the draw is optional, depending on how good you want the relics to be. Also, like D. Board, only one of them needs to have the win condition written out for it to work, the Spirit Messages don't say it.

i dont want to mimic the entire effect of Destiny Board otherwise its nothing short of a custom Destiny Board. Thats why I didnt include that part!

greg503

Post #13 by greg503 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:15 pm

It's not a custom Destiny Board for a few reasons. 1. You can activate them in any order. 2. You activate them from the hand as if they were normal cards. 3. They're "unsearchable" and Destiny Board "searches" the Spirit Messages. 4. If you add a built in way to put them back in the Deck, they do what Destiny Board needed a 2019 support card to do (how you would implement it depends on how good you want the cards to be outside the wincon).
Both Destiny Board and Exodia are 5 piece win conditions that put the win effect on one card, there is no need to be redundant.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #14 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:17 pm

ok let me reword that, it requires specific cards in your S/T zone to claim victory. (similar in a way to what destiny board requires, except mine is much slower)

Return to “Custom Cards”