opinions?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

opinions?

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:30 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=519730

please, keep your opinions respectful. Criticize if you want, but keep it respectful.

my "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters are based on their archetype name and the name of the knight in general.
There's:
- Summoner
- Ghoul
- Spirit Limiter
- Giant Shield

The Idea behind their name:
"The Fatal Four" ill let you think on it! If you still dont know: come vs them!
The idea behind the name of the knights? Refer to the above sentence!

BTW they all have 0 ATK

why did i only show summoner? easy: why ruin the surprise if ones interested in seeing these cards in action?

Edit: for those who say "all your cards are broken" Id like to see how you deem Summoner as broken.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:45 pm

A searcher is only as good as the cards they search, this is why ROTA is Limited, the problems begin with the "power cards" so let's hope the other 3 don't have some absurd level of protection or stun.
Buy Floowandereeze

Debt

Post #3 by Debt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:45 am

We've seen Fatal Four. It's another unfun, uninteractive stun archetype.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:22 am

Incorrect PSCT, is a +1 with 0 drawbacks.

It's shite.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #5 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:48 am

So, once again we have some common issues with literally EVERY card you've designed up until this point:

- Horrible PSCT
- 0 drawbacks or costs.

When will you get it that all your cards DON'T have to be busted?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Incorrect PSCT, is a +1 with 0 drawbacks.

It's shite.

0 drawbacks??? did u even read the card????

Once per turn: You can pay 750 LP; Special Summon 1 "The Fatal Four Knight" monster from your hand or deck.You cannot summon other monsters during the same turn in which you activate and resolve this effect except "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters, also you cannot attack during the same turn in which you activate and resolve this effect except with "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters.

- Costs 750 LP
- Cannot attack with other monsters
- My "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters have 0 ATK and one of the 4 makes it so their ATK cannot be increased.
- Cannot summon other monsters except "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters the same turn in which its used

If this isnt proof that people cannot read, then IDK what is! *SMH & FACEPALMING*
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #7 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:02 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

It's shite.

Once per turn: You can pay 750 LP; Special Summon 1 "The Fatal Four Knight" monster from your hand or deck.You cannot summon other monsters during the same turn in which you activate and resolve this effect except "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters, also you cannot attack during the same turn in which you activate and resolve this effect except with "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters.

- Costs 750 LP
- My "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters have 0 ATK and one of the 4 makes it so their ATK cannot be increased.
- Cannot summon other monsters except "The Fatal Four Knight" monsters the same turn in which its used

If this isnt proof that people cannot read, then IDK what is! *SMH & FACEPALMING*

Great. It's not worded right to be considered "proper".

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:05 am

Oh FFS! who TF CARES about PSCT in customs??? Its obvious you can tell what its supposed to do regardless. This is why PSCT is NOT needed in customs. Its not like its a REAL card! As long as you can tell what the card does it doenst matter. If u care about PSCT so much go play with REAL cards instead of against customs! OR.... STOP COMPLAINING!!!!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #9 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:12 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Oh FFS! who TF CARES about PSCT in customs??? Its obvious you can tell what its supposed to do regardless. This is why PSCT is NOT needed in customs. Its not like its a REAL card! As long as you can tell what the card does it doenst matter. If u care about PSCT so much go play with REAL cards instead of against customs! OR.... STOP COMPLAINING!!!!

A lot of people actually do care because it helps with not only timing but chain linking effects. Timing being the biggest priority because certain words can result in certain timing.

I know it's hard to understand that BALACING A FUCKING CARD IS FUCKING IMPORTANT YOU CHILDISH EGOMANIAC. GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF AND STOP HAVING A FUCKING TEMPER TANTRUM OVER PEOPLE CRITISIZING YOUR SHIT. IF YOU DON'T WANT THE FUCKING CRITISISM DON'T FUCKING ASK!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #10 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:13 am

I can't fucking believe you think it's okay to have a fucking meltdown after asking people for their fucking opinions.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:27 am

my point is people whine and complain about PSCT in customs way to much. If PSCT bothers players so much, maybe play the official cards instead of with customs so there is no psct issues???

DuskWill

Post #12 by DuskWill » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:39 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

It's shite.

- Costs 750 LP

Honestly, LP isn't barely a cost anymore, if ever was. I mean, once people figured that out, Solemn Judgement was being used at 3 per deck, because you could ALWAYS activate them.

The Fatal Four Knight - Summoned ends up being just... too much. A monster that summons another archetype-related creature from the deck both as Trigger effect on summon and as an Ignition effect... and it's not even a Hard-Once-Per-Turn? Summon just one of this and you got 3 monsters right off the bat with 750 LPs. Summon a copy of this with its ignition effect, some more LPs and you have a 5 monster board, all from a single card from your hand.

There's no comparison in the TCG, except, perhaps, Magical Scientist, and even him would cost you 4000 LPs to have the same end board, regarding numbers. And that's comparing incredibly dull fusion monsters being summoned before Master Rules 1 instead of archetype cards, which, no doubt, got more effects to help each other.

Also, PSCT is important for many reasons: It prevents confusions and misunderstandings, where you can just read a card and acknowledge its effect, without having to make your opponent ask how they work at some point; it standardizes cards and drastically reduces their effect text; it shows you took time and proper thought when creating it. Without it, well... expect bad situations from opponents and critics.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #13 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:56 am

ok i slightly fixed him:
"If this is the only monster you control after summoning it: Special Summon 1 "The Fatal Four Knight" monster from your deck, except "The Fatal Four Knight - Summoner".

Once per turn: You can pay 750 LP; Special Summon 1 "The Fatal Four Knight" monster from your hand or deck, except "The Fatal Four Knight - Summoner".

this way i cant (and i never have) summon other "The Fatal Four Knight - Summoner" with its own effect.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #14 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:59 am

also, what im seeing right now, is:
Players: *tells me to add a cost*
Me: *Adds a cost*
Players: *unsatisfied*
Also Players: *says theres no downside* (even though in this case there is)
Me: *Adds a downside*
Also Players: *Still unsatisfied*

My conclusion: You people are impossible!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #15 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:03 am

Then don't fucking ask for an opinion on something if you think we won't be satisfied. Research on how to make a custom card like a normal human being.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #16 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:04 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Oh FFS! who TF CARES about PSCT in customs??? Its obvious you can tell what its supposed to do regardless. This is why PSCT is NOT needed in customs. Its not like its a REAL card! As long as you can tell what the card does it doenst matter. If u care about PSCT so much go play with REAL cards instead of against customs! OR.... STOP COMPLAINING!!!!

custom card, with psct
Totally makes sense on what it does.

and here's a custom card without psct.

dumb shit like this, is why you need psct. I mean surely you know that all cards need psct, since apparently you're a genwunner you know what old card text used to look like without it.
b

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #17 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 am

LightCaster wrote:Then don't fucking ask for an opinion on something if you think we won't be satisfied. Research on how to make a custom card like a normal human being.

1: define NORMAL!
2: not my fault ur expectations are impossible!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #18 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:15 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:

custom card, with psct

dumb shit like this, is why you need psct. I mean surely you know that all cards need psct, since apparently you're a genwunner you know what old card text used to look like without it.

well well well, whats this? a reply on one of my topics from Neo Fire Sonic that is ACTUALLY helpful instead of insulting or belittling? color me surprised!!!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #19 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:19 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:

custom card, with psct

well well well, whats this? a reply on one of my topics from Neo Fire Sonic that is ACTUALLY helpful instead of insulting or belittling? color me surprised!!!

Because it's literally written in idiot.

KTeknis

Post #20 by KTeknis » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 am

CrystalMusic wrote:ok i slightly fixed him:
"If this is the only monster you control after summoning it: Special Summon 1 "The Fatal Four Knight" monster from your deck, except "The Fatal Four Knight - Summoner".

Once per turn: You can pay 750 LP; Special Summon 1 "The Fatal Four Knight" monster from your hand or deck, except "The Fatal Four Knight - Summoner".

this way i cant (and i never have) summon other "The Fatal Four Knight - Summoner" with its own effect.

Oh, maybe add 1 more restriction:
'You can only use each effect of "The Fatal Four Knight - Summoner" once per turn.'

This is what people called Hard-Once per turn. The key here is so that if it leaves the field and you re-summon it, it can't activate it's effect again. The same if you have 2 or more of it on the field. only 1 of it can activates it's effect.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Custom Cards”