a slightly better Guardian Eatos

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Re: a slightly better Guardian Eatos

Post #41 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:36 pm

again guys, please list how YOU would change it. Ill consider it!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #42 by greg503 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:37 pm

Make a custom Celestial Sword that has the effects you want your card to give the original ("This card cannot be targeted or destroyed. The equipped monsters effects cannot be negated.") The last effect feels like it should go on a field spell since it deals with the "Guardian" archtype as a whole when all the other effects of the card are "Celestial Sword - Eatos" synergy. Removing those 2 effects makes the card easier to read since it would be shorter.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #43 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:16 pm

greg503 wrote:Make a custom Celestial Sword that has the effects you want your card to give the original ("This card cannot be targeted or destroyed. The equipped monsters effects cannot be negated.") The last effect feels like it should go on a field spell since it deals with the "Guardian" archtype as a whole when all the other effects of the card are "Celestial Sword - Eatos" synergy. Removing those 2 effects makes the card easier to read since it would be shorter.

hmm good idea
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #44 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:30 pm

Hows this for an equip for Eatos? https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1863020

as for the last effect (since it might be hard to understand - and if it is, how would you word it) Simply put: lets say you use Mystical Space Typhoon to target & destroy "Ethereal Sword - Eatos" it wont be destroyed by it. Then lets say you attempt to use a 2nd Mystical Space Typhoon on "Ethereal Sword - Eatos" it wont work as you have already targeted "Ethereal Sword - Eatos" with Mystical Space Typhoon once earlier in the same turn you activated the 2nd Mystical Space Typhoon.

Also: Updated Eatos: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1854713

greg503

Post #45 by greg503 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:26 pm

It's fine, both cards are short and easy enough to read.
Also I would have the last effect be split into "Once per turn: if this card would be destroyed by a card effect, it is not destroyed" and "Once per turn, if this card is targeted by a card effect: you can negate the activation and effect of that card. This card cannot be targeted by cards with the same name as the negated card this turn."
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #46 by Lil Oldman » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:51 am

It's fine. I mean, it doesn't really help guardians a whole lot and if I had to add/remove something it would be replacing the effect of just being able to summon normally guardins into just once each turn special summon a guardian. being the only way to summon him is by tributing a guardian eatos, I think is a bit lackluster. also it could instead run a negate. : D
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Custom Cards”