a slightly better Guardian Eatos

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Renji Asuka

Re: a slightly better Guardian Eatos

Post #21 by Renji Asuka » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:Why not? Good custom cards are balanced around not outshining TCG/OCG archetypes and creating another Tier 0 card like Astrograph

They are separate games for 1, for 2, everyone plays shit that is far more busted than the TCG/OCG.

Regardless of whether it's a custom card or not, the fact still remains is that at least it still dies to Kaiju and monsters with similar summon conditions.

You forget, its CrystalMusic, they won't let you do that.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #22 by greg503 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:33 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:Why not? Good custom cards are balanced around not outshining TCG/OCG archetypes and creating another Tier 0 card like Astrograph

They are separate games for 1, for 2, everyone plays shit that is far more busted than the TCG/OCG.

Then that sounds like a "them" problem that doesn't matter, the point is that this is not, in my opinion, a bad custom card, don't blame the card because that card's creator is a bad actor in our community.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #23 by Renji Asuka » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:10 am

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Then that sounds like a "them" problem that doesn't matter, the point is that this is not, in my opinion, a bad custom card, don't blame the card because that card's creator is a bad actor in our community.

But its the fact that it is poorly designed in a way where the user in this case CrystalMusic won't allow counter play or allow there to be any outs.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #24 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:37 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Oh look, more improper PSCT and a busted effect from CrystalMusic.

oh look, more "i cant comment nicely on CM's posts" comments from Renji!

and you know, instead of criticizing the card, why dont you actually comment how "YOU" would "FIX" it?

(This card's name is always treated as "Guardian Eatos".)
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by tributing 1 "Guardian Eatos". When this card is Special Summoned: You can equip 1 "Celestial Sword - Eatos" from your hand, deck or GY to this card. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects except for "Celestial Sword - Eatos".
While this card is on the field "Celestial Sword - Eatos" gains the following effects.
● Cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects.
● The equipped monsters effects cannot be negated.
If this card battles an opponent's monster, banish that opponent's monster after damage calculation, and if you do, negate its effects.
You can reveal this card from your hand: "Guardian" monsters except for "Guardian Dreadscythe" and this card, in your hand can be Normal or Special Summoned from your hand, ignoring the summoning conditions.

Use proper psct.
b

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #25 by Darkraiclone » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:40 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:They are separate games for 1, for 2, everyone plays shit that is far more busted than the TCG/OCG.

Regardless of whether it's a custom card or not, the fact still remains is that at least it still dies to Kaiju and monsters with similar summon conditions.

You forget, its CrystalMusic, they won't let you do that.

Ah yeah I completely forgot, and here I am trying to apply logic towards a card made by somebody who makes logic and reasoning their bitch. How silly of me. :lol:
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

greg503

Post #26 by greg503 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:56 am

Renji Asuka wrote:But its the fact that it is poorly designed in a way where the user in this case CrystalMusic won't allow counter play or allow there to be any outs.

No, that's being unsportsmanlike, that has nothing to do with the quality of the card.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #27 by Renji Asuka » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:26 am

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:But its the fact that it is poorly designed in a way where the user in this case CrystalMusic won't allow counter play or allow there to be any outs.

No, that's being unsportsmanlike, that has nothing to do with the quality of the card.

Its literally designed as "You can't stop this monster", especially with CrystalMusic's bullshit rules.

greg503

Post #28 by greg503 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Its literally designed as "You can't stop this monster", especially with CrystalMusic's bullshit rules.

It's a slightly worse and less protected Ultimate Falcon, and again, just because the creator wants it to be unstoppable is a reflection of them, unless he made it invincible while I wasn't looking, then this is just par for the course.
I do not believe that the custom card I read was "busted." Though since CM plays nonexistent formats I can see why you would get angry at his disregard for the importance of effect removal.
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #29 by greg503 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:00 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1854713

BTW, you know that the clause "This cards name is always treated as "Guardian Eatos"" means that you can only use 3 of it and OG Eatos in your deck COMBINED (i.e. You can play 2 OG and 1 of these but not 2 of each).
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #30 by Renji Asuka » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:53 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:No, that's being unsportsmanlike, that has nothing to do with the quality of the card.

It's a slightly worse and less protected Ultimate Falcon, and again, just because the creator wants it to be unstoppable is a reflection of them, unless he made it invincible while I wasn't looking, then this is just par for the course.
I do not believe that the custom card I read was "busted." Though since CM plays nonexistent formats I can see why you would get angry at his disregard for the importance of effect removal.

Has 0 counter play, is literally designed in a way where CrystalMusic won't let you beat it, yes its busted.

greg503

Post #31 by greg503 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Its literally designed as "You can't stop this monster", especially with CrystalMusic's bullshit rules.

Has 0 counter play, is literally designed in a way where CrystalMusic won't let you beat it, yes its busted.

What do you mean, I see a 3500 ATK beater that prevents floating and is immune to 3 things: targeting, effect negation, and destruction effects. It loses to Dingirisu, it loses to Borrelsword, it loses to Utopia Double/Lightning, it loses to Tiaramisu, it can't be summoned if you negate the summon of/destroy the original Eatos during the period where it is on the field, but before this is summoned, AND it loses to the Monarchs Stormforth. 0 counter play only applies to this troll, the card wouldn't even be played in the TCG if it were released right now.
Buy Floowandereeze

NiwatoriFTW

Post #32 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:21 am

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:It's a slightly worse and less protected Ultimate Falcon, and again, just because the creator wants it to be unstoppable is a reflection of them, unless he made it invincible while I wasn't looking, then this is just par for the course.

What do you mean, I see a 3500 ATK beater that prevents floating and is immune to 3 things: targeting, effect negation, and destruction effects. It loses to Dingirisu, it loses to Borrelsword, it loses to Utopia Double/Lightning, it loses to Tiaramisu, it can't be summoned if you negate the summon of/destroy the original Eatos during the period where it is on the field, but before this is summoned, AND it loses to the Monarchs Stormforth. 0 counter play only applies to this troll, the card wouldn't even be played in the TCG if it were released right now.

Exactly. I think it would be better to apply your efforts on making an old archetype more consistent than just creating busted new cards and restricting your opponent through "rules". You would prove your skills in custom card design and have a great time making your favorite deck being on par to whatever your opponent is using.

The way you're doing only perpetuates a denial cycle and, more often than not, results in situations like this:
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-22059936
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Custom Cards (Unrated) with duel note "rarely used 1st gen character decks"
[4:46] CrystalMusic: Entered Draw Phase
[4:46] CrystalMusic: Drew "Guardian Tryce"
[4:50] CrystalMusic: Activated "Guarded Treasure" from hand (2/7)
[4:56] CrystalMusic: Sent "Dark Bribe" from hand (2/6) to GY
[4:56] killerthesun: "OH GOD"
[4:57] CrystalMusic: Sent "Reaper Scythe - Dreadscythe" from hand (1/5) to GY
[4:58] CrystalMusic: Sent "Soul Release" from hand (2/4) to GY
[5:00] CrystalMusic: Sent "Dark Bribe" from hand (2/3) to GY
[5:03] CrystalMusic: Sent "Guardian Tryce" from hand (2/2) to GY
[5:08] CrystalMusic: Drew "Seven Tools of the Bandit"
[5:09] CrystalMusic: Drew "Gravity Axe - Grarl"
[5:15] CrystalMusic: Ended turn
--------------------------------------------
[5:18] killerthesun: Entered Draw Phase
[5:18] killerthesun: Drew "Ordeal of a Traveler"
[5:22] killerthesun: Entered Main Phase 1
[5:28] killerthesun: Set "Wandering Mummy" from hand (4/5) to M-2
[5:30] killerthesun: Entered Battle Phase
[5:32] killerthesun: Attacked Set card in M-4 with "Ancient Giant" in M-4
[5:34] CrystalMusic: Flipped Set "Guardian Baou" in M-4
[5:35] CrystalMusic: Sent "Guardian Baou" from M-4 to GY
[5:38] killerthesun: Ended turn
[5:40] CrystalMusic: Entered Draw Phase
[5:40] CrystalMusic: Drew "Seven Tools of the Bandit"
[5:46] CrystalMusic: Declared effect of "Guarded Treasure" in S-3
[5:47] CrystalMusic: Drew "Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce"
[6:07] CrystalMusic: "this is why guardians are really hard to summon"
[6:18] killerthesun: "I mean, you can equip too opponenets monsters"
[6:19] killerthesun: "which can help"
[6:23] CrystalMusic: "hence why i remade my favorite to be kinda powerful"
[6:34] killerthesun: "I wish guardians got some"
[6:36] killerthesun: "legacy support"
[6:36] CrystalMusic: Ended turn
[6:38] killerthesun: Entered Draw Phase
[6:38] killerthesun: Drew "Ancient Key"
[6:40] killerthesun: Entered Main Phase 1
[6:46] killerthesun: Activated "Ancient Key" from hand (5/5)
[6:49] killerthesun: "LETS GOOO"
[6:53] killerthesun: Viewed deck
[6:56] killerthesun: Special Summoned "Stone Giant" from Deck to M-5 (DEF)
[6:58] killerthesun: Special Summoned "Stone Giant" from Deck to M-1 (DEF)
[6:59] killerthesun: Stopped viewing Deck
[6:59] killerthesun: Shuffled deck
[7:01] killerthesun: Changed "Stone Giant" in M-5 to ATK
[7:02] killerthesun: Changed "Stone Giant" in M-1 to ATK
[7:05] killerthesun: Sent "Ancient Key" from S-5 to GY
[7:07] killerthesun: Entered Battle Phase
[7:09] killerthesun: Attacked Set card in M-3 with "Ancient Giant" in M-4
[7:09] CrystalMusic: "bye"
[7:11] CrystalMusic: "ur not being fair"
[7:16] CrystalMusic: "ur not givne me a chance"
[7:18] killerthesun: "!!!"
[7:23] CrystalMusic: "ave me alone for a while so i can get something out"
[7:26] CrystalMusic: Left duel

Also, considering all the listed cards that could deal with that Eatos, Ordeal of a Traveler would have been awesome to see in action.

Renji Asuka

Post #33 by Renji Asuka » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:24 am

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:It's a slightly worse and less protected Ultimate Falcon, and again, just because the creator wants it to be unstoppable is a reflection of them, unless he made it invincible while I wasn't looking, then this is just par for the course.

You really think CrystalMusic would let you play any of those? No, no they won't.

greg503

Post #34 by greg503 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:58 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:What do you mean, I see a 3500 ATK beater that prevents floating and is immune to 3 things: targeting, effect negation, and destruction effects. It loses to Dingirisu, it loses to Borrelsword, it loses to Utopia Double/Lightning, it loses to Tiaramisu, it can't be summoned if you negate the summon of/destroy the original Eatos during the period where it is on the field, but before this is summoned, AND it loses to the Monarchs Stormforth. 0 counter play only applies to this troll, the card wouldn't even be played in the TCG if it were released right now.

You really think CrystalMusic would let you play any of those? No, no they won't.

C'mon, you act as if he is the only one who can play the card. The card is not the problem here.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #35 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:20 am

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:What do you mean, I see a 3500 ATK beater that prevents floating and is immune to 3 things: targeting, effect negation, and destruction effects. It loses to Dingirisu, it loses to Borrelsword, it loses to Utopia Double/Lightning, it loses to Tiaramisu, it can't be summoned if you negate the summon of/destroy the original Eatos during the period where it is on the field, but before this is summoned, AND it loses to the Monarchs Stormforth. 0 counter play only applies to this troll, the card wouldn't even be played in the TCG if it were released right now.

C'mon, you act as if he is the only one who can play the card. The card is not the problem here.

Bro, CrystalMusic doesn't make his cards public, c'mon now.

greg503

Post #36 by greg503 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You really think CrystalMusic would let you play any of those? No, no they won't.

He's made a few public, and this feels like one of those cards that should be public, unless he's afraid that people would be playing "his" Eatos, but he posted the link to the card on this forum so why wouldn't it be public CM?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #37 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:34 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:C'mon, you act as if he is the only one who can play the card. The card is not the problem here.

He's made a few public, and this feels like one of those cards that should be public, unless he's afraid that people would be playing "his" Eatos, but he posted the link to the card on this forum so why wouldn't it be public CM?

He posted a lot of cards on the forum that weren't accessible lol

greg503

Post #38 by greg503 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:26 pm

TELL ME WHY THIS CARD ISN'T PUBLIC CM
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #39 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:44 pm

greg503 wrote:

TELL ME WHY THIS CARD ISN'T PUBLIC CM

cas its still in the works.
Heres how i go about making cards public:
1: I test them against my opponents
2: gather the opinions from my opponents
3: fix as needed
4: decide: private or public.

I did this with the following:
- Crystal Beast Diamond Unicorn
- Crystal Beast Jade Wolf
- Elemental HERO Seraph - The Immortal
- Contract With The Lord of Striking Thunder
- Cyber Angel Dragon

these are some of my cards i made public

and if you mention my private cards: why do you think iv been asking for advice as of recent?
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #40 by greg503 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Well, in your format without fun, the card is too good. But it would be a fine card to just be made public as is because it is not good by itself in the context of it being a "Guardian" support card in the TCG.
The only other thing I can say is to consider how many effects a card should have (This one has 5 effects, a Summoning condition AND a name clause). Most TCG cards (that aren't pendulums) released recently have 3 effects at most, at least one of those being short and simple.
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Custom Cards”