Symbol Beast Archetype

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Stallock

Symbol Beast Archetype

Post #1 by Stallock » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:32 pm

So, I'm really new to this. It's been years since the last time I played and I started to play again a month ago. I have a bit of knowledge of the meta, but this deck is mostly planned for a Roleplay I planned with my friends, we play no Synchro, XYZs, Pendulum or Links. And maybe try some fun here when I get to understand Links a bit better. So, this is completly open to changes.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6278715

So, the idea of this deck is based arround its trap card, the only trap card this archetype has, which changes the monster's effects to their stronger version. Also, the trap card is suppost to shut down Decks that relay on activating effects outside the field.

My biggest question would be if the wording of "Wall of Symbol Beasts" makes it sound like you cannot use any effect that involves places outisde the field or you cannot summon from those places, because that's not the intention. The intention of the card is to nullify effects like "Discard this card from your hand...", "Banish this card from you GY..", "While this card is in your GY...", "While this card is banished from the game...", and so on. So, my rival and I can still summon from the Hand, Deck, GY, and so on.
Also, I wanted to know if the restrictions of "Wall of Symbol Beasts" are ok or too easy the fulfill. Since I wanted it to be the only Spell/Trap card, I made so this card forces you to show it is your only Trap/Spell card in your Deck and GY, so you only play one copy. And, I put the amount of monsters restriction so you can't use it during the first round, since only one Symbol Beast can be Special Summoned "easily" and it's a FLIP effect, you cannot even do it in the turn you play the card to special Summon it. Also, since this is the only Trap/Spell card in your Deck, you have to relay on the monsters to survive until you can play this Trap.
Another thing I changed to make this a bit more difficult, was making it a Continuous Trap card, so you cannot activate it the turn you Set it (unless you use "Symbol Beast - Rat"). In addition, this card has no protection from destruction of having its activationg negated (yes, the card that it's suppost to stop effects form the GY and Hand can be stopped by GY and Hand Traps).

Another thing that concerns me is that maybe "Symbol Beast - Otter" can be abused by just sendind the Trap Card to the GY and play its three copies on the field, skipping the whole point of the archetype. The idea for the Otter is to be a plan B in case "Wall of Symbol Beasts" is distroyed, which is completly possible.

Lastly, I think this archetype can go from 0 to 100 (or the other way arround) easily, so I'm a bit worried this is either too busted or too garbage.

Like I said, It's open to changes, specially if you want it to work in the actual meta. Maybe I can add more cards, but 13 for an archetype seemed reasonable for me at the moment.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Wall should just negate anything that isn't on the field, unless you want people to Set Spells and Traps before using them. (Something like: "Players can only activate cards and effects on the field, also negate the non-activated effects of cards while they are not on the field")
Buy Floowandereeze

Stallock

Post #3 by Stallock » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:40 pm

greg503 wrote:Wall should just negate anything that isn't on the field, unless you want people to Set Spells and Traps before using them. (Something like: "Players can only activate cards and effects on the field, also negate the non-activated effects of cards while they are not on the field")

Thank you. Well, the idea was to see if people would notice they can set their Spell cards to activate them. But, your way of saying it makes it much easier to understand.

Return to “Custom Cards”