Demented Beast Theme: Need some help

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Archfiend

Demented Beast Theme: Need some help

Post #1 by Archfiend » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:59 am

My first post in what feels like forever. Started to get into custom card creation again and have started out an archetype idea, but need some help with the main deck monsters. Already made some Extra Deck monsters. I think the Fusion monsters I made are pretty balanced but if anyone thinks otherwise, some help with fixing them would be great. The gimmick of the deck is depending on the battle position of the monster, they gain a certain effect. Nothing "new" but I like this idea a lot, so decided to use it in my theme.

Demented Beast - Slibinas
Level: 9
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2000 / DEF 3500
2 "Demented Beast" monsters
This card is unaffected by other monsters' effects. You can only Special Summon(s) "Demented Beast - Slibinas" once per turn.
● While in Attack Position: Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card on the field; return it to the hand.
● While in Defense Position: Once per turn: When your opponent activates a care or effect (Quick Effect): You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Demented Beast - Lernean
Level: 10
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 4000 / DEF: 1500
2 "Demented Beast" monsters
This card is unaffected by other monsters' effects. You can only Special Summon(s) "Demented Beast - Lernean" once per turn.
● While in Attack Position: This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict double piercing battle damage.
● While in Defense Position: This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

Thanks to anyone that reads the post!

james123
Mood:

Post #2 by james123 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:54 am

tl;dr also, If you scroll down DB, there's a Custom Card Creator to save you some time :P

Archfiend

Post #3 by Archfiend » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:41 pm

james123 wrote:tl;dr also, If you scroll down DB, there's a Custom Card Creator to save you some time :P

Yeah I already have these uploaded on DB. Just wanted to show them here and get some feedback and some idea for the main deck monsters. I was aware I could have probably just linked the cards themselves but I'm just so used to posting in this format from the old custom card days.
Thanks for replying at least.

Tyranno Fury

Post #4 by Tyranno Fury » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:23 pm

Overall, I think that this is an epic archetype and I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the monsters. The effects are quite cool and I don't think they are too OP. I just noticed one thing. You misspelled the word 'card' in the defence position effect of 'Demented Beast - Slibinas'; you wrote 'care'.
An idea for a main deck monster could be:
When it's in attack position: Negate the effect of a monster destroyed by this card as a result of battle.
When it's in defence position: Once per turn, During your Standby phase, Gain 200 LP for each card your opponent controls.

777c
Mood:

Post #5 by 777c » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:16 am

Tyranno Fury wrote:Overall, I think that this is an epic archetype and I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the monsters. The effects are quite cool and I don't think they are too OP. I just noticed one thing. You misspelled the word 'card' in the defence position effect of 'Demented Beast - Slibinas'; you wrote 'care'.
An idea for a main deck monster could be:
When it's in attack position: Negate the effect of a monster destroyed by this card as a result of battle.
When it's in defence position: Once per turn, During your Standby phase, Gain 200 LP for each card your opponent controls.

Which is essentially Morphtronics.

Return to “Custom Cards”