First time here

Post your custom made cards in this forum
mestreJ

First time here

Post #1 by mestreJ » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:42 am

I do not speak English and I have little gaming experience, but I started playing ccg because of a discord tournament, I am having difficulty with the texts and with the balance of the deck, will you be able to help me write the texts correctly and suggest things i can do to balance the deck ??
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5942405

I have to create an entire archetype for the competition

DuskWill

Post #2 by DuskWill » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:49 am

Well, I won't be able to help you much developing the archetype, but I can give you some pointers. Regarding card text, here are some changes to make them follow proper PSCT (Problem-Solving Card Text):

Upward Harmony - Equestria

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Upward Harmony" non-Field Spell card from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon/Set 1 "Upward Harmony" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set, and if you do, place 1 Harmony Counter on this card. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If you would pay LP to activate a "Upward Harmony" monster effect, you can place 1 Harmony Counter on this card instead. If this card leaves the field: Take damage equal to the amount of Harmony Counters on this card x1000

Upward Harmony - Spike the Messenger Dragon

Once per turn: You can banish 1 monster from your GY, then you can set 1 Trap Card directly from your deck to your Spell & Trap zone. That card can be activated this turn, but banish it on the End Phase. You can only activate 1 Trap Card for the rest of this turn after this card resolves. If a monster attack is negated: Pay 1000 LP and target that monster; it can make a second attack during this Battle Phase, and if it does, its ATK is doubled during the Damage Step only.

Upward Harmony - Pinkie Pie

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: During your Main Phase this turn, you can add 1 "Upward Harmony" card from your Deck to your hand. Pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 2 "Upward Harmony" monsters from GY in defense position, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Upward Harmony" monsters. You can only use this effect of "Upward Harmony - pinkie pie" once per turn. If this card is banished by a card effect: Draw 1 card.

Come to think of it, that last edit goes for every monster you showed with the same effect.
Upward Harmony - Rainbow Dash

During your Main Phase, you can discard this: You can add 1 "Upward Harmony" card from your Deck to your hand. If this monster is Special Summoned from the GY: You can Special Summon 1 monster from GY. If this card is banished by a card effect: Draw 1 card

Upward Harmony - Cadence the Love princess

2 Fairy monsters, including a "Upward Harmony" monster
This linked card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects, or their monsters' attacks. During damage calculation, if an "Upward Harmony" Link Monster you control co-linked to this card battles an opponent's monster: Your battling monster gains ATK equal to the number of monsters co-linked to this card x 1000, during that damage calculation only. You can place 2 Harmony Counter on a face-up "Upward Harmony equestrian" you control; For the rest of the turn, this card gains the effects of all co-linked monsters you control. You can only use each effect of "Upward Harmony - Cadence the Love Princess" once per turn.

A slight adaptation to make it easier to understand and apply.

As for suggesting changes:
    Rarity needs to explain from where it will add a card to the hand;
    Celestia should require 2 materials for its rating 2;
    Twilight can shorten its requirements to 1 "Upward Harmony" monster;
    Lastly, and I can't express this enough, nerf Sunset Shimmer. Your deck easily produces tokens and summons lots of monsters, so it's easy to bring her. Try giving her a Hard Once Per Turn-clause, and perhaps it would be better making her destruction effect only be able to be used if co-linked to at least 1 monster, while the opponent being unable to chain to her effects if co-linked to at least 2. Or something along those lines.

That's what comes to mind right now. I kinda see what are you going for without knowing what you're planning next, but you've already given consistency for Extra Deck plays with just 5 Main Deck cards. I don't think I can give better tips until the final project is shown. Good job, on the design, anyway.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

mestreJ

Post #3 by mestreJ » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:52 pm

I corrected everyone but Sunset because I wanted to chat before changing it:
1-The Upward Harmony trap - Spike the Messenger Dragon is a bit strong, but for it to be useful I have to arrow it, then activate it at the beginning of the opponent's turn, set a trap from the deck, the one that the opponent will see what is it, and if I activate it or not it will be banned in the final stage, is it an unfair trap? Is it OP?
2-it happens that I had set up the entire deck to make 3 link 2 in one turn and using their effects and the attack try to win the game, then a guy who was helping me said that I needed to have a link 4 that kills , I didn't really know what to create so I made this card, do you think my deck needs it? do you think it is easy to summon? in what situation should i use it? (I never used it because it is my plan b)

this is the deck that helped me build: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5968841

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:55 pm

A Traptrick that's searchable, searches ANY trap and not just normal traps, banishes a monster from your GY face-up instead of a trap with the same name from the deck, AND can use that effect multiple times because it is a continuous trap. Even if you can't keep the card for multiple turns, Vanitiy's Emptiness is banned because you can easily make it so that it only affect your opponent. And you get that with other floodgates for free with this effect. It needs an overhaul if you don't intend for it to be busted.
Buy Floowandereeze

mestreJ

Post #5 by mestreJ » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 am

what if instead it is an effect of protecting the monsters from destruction by battle? like the first time he would be destroyed by effect or by battle in each turn by the opponent's action he is not destroyed, but on the next turn standby you take Burn equal to the monster's Atk that survived. Talvez:
The first time an `` Upward Harmony '' monster would be destroyed by battle or effect it is not destroyed, but at the end of the next purchase phase take damage equal to the combined attack of all monsters protected by that effect.

Return to “Custom Cards”