How balanced is Serecet Boneblast?

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Zack223
Mood:

How balanced is Serecet Boneblast?

Post #1 by Zack223 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:51 am

Have you ever wanted an Infinite Impermence but that negates Spells/Traps instead of monsters here you go https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2744574

Zacian best Pokemon he is fucking cool

DuskWill

Post #2 by DuskWill » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:28 pm

To be honest, the way we keep having more and more ways to destroy Spell and Trap cards on the field, even with a literal hand trap (Typhoon) existing, just negating doesn't seem all that much.

However, the last part of the first sentence looked a bit confusing: Are you making Serecet Boneblast an infinite recurring Quick Spell card? There are no precedents of non-continuous S/T that can be set back on the field after activation without some gimmick, like being banished afterwards.

Considering this, I'd say that just testing will prove its balance, since it's unimpressive in matters of activation effect but controversially too good in matters of recycling.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Saraak
Mood:

Post #3 by Saraak » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:08 pm

There are actually cards that keep themselves on the field outside of continuous Spells/Traps. One that the main protagonist of 5Ds used is Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, which can keep itself on the field after being triggered. However, due to being a Quick-Play Spell instead of a Trap, this card can immediately be activated once again. This, ultimately, makes it an infinite Spell/Trap negate unless I'm talking out of my ass.

The concept was balanced, but you may need to ensure that it can't use its effect more than once during either player's turn.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

DuskWill

Post #4 by DuskWill » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Saraak wrote:There are actually cards that keep themselves on the field outside of continuous Spells/Traps. One that the main protagonist of 5Ds used is Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, which can keep itself on the field after being triggered. However, due to being a Quick-Play Spell instead of a Trap, this card can immediately be activated once again. This, ultimately, makes it an infinite Spell/Trap negate unless I'm talking out of my ass.

The concept was balanced, but you may need to ensure that it can't use its effect more than once during either player's turn.

Actually, Quick-Play Spells can't be activated in the same turn as they're set, just like most Trap Cards, so Serecet Boneblast couldn't be used immediately like that.

I admit that I've exaggerated a bit saying that there are no precedents for such recurring setting. Scrap-Iron Scarecrow does exist. However, Serecet Boneblast being a Spell Card kinda puts it in a delicate situation, since none of the non-monster cards that can be set back on the field, instead of going to the graveyard, can actually be used right from your hand in your turn.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Zack223
Mood:

Post #5 by Zack223 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:06 pm

No it can steal your opponents spell/trap its infinite ipremence

Zacian best Pokemon he is fucking cool

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:14 am

So it negates a Spell or Trap, and if you set it like a Trap beforehand, then it becomes repeatable
Buy Floowandereeze

Saraak
Mood:

Post #7 by Saraak » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:38 am

Zack223 wrote:No it can steal your opponents spell/trap its infinite impermenence

The fact that everyone didn't understand that at a first glance means that the card is badly worded. If you want it to function like a fusion between Toadally Awesome and Infinite Impermanence, then you probably need to change it to something like this:

Target 1 face-up Spell/Trap your opponent controls; negate its effects (until the end of this turn), then, if this card was Set before activation and is on the field at resolution, you can Set the negated card to your side of the field. If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand.

Or, in other words, be more specific on what is set to your side of the field.
An aggregate of all my Custom Cards: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14930
I'm open to being criticized. I'm not a perfect human being who knows when or where he fucked up, but truly willing to learn.

Return to “Custom Cards”