Into the Darkwood

Post your custom made cards in this forum
Futuregamer

Into the Darkwood

Post #1 by Futuregamer » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:34 am

The third archetype in the "Vurko" timeline (apologies but I'll be skipping the second, "Swambush" for now, because despite remaking them a gazillion times I'm still not satisfied with them).

"Darkwoods" share the common mechanics:
1)Specialling themselves from the hand when a "Darkwood" deals battle damage.
2)Triggering X (probably none hopt) effect when used as a Fusion Material with "Polymerization".
3)For Extra Deck monsters: Dealing "X" effect when they inflict battle damage.

Card list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=4275764

King of Violence support series: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6656277

Deck example list: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=3389647

See the rest of my cards at: https://futuregamer-yugioh.blogspot.com ... guide.html

Rocket2

Post #2 by Rocket2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:36 am

Lacking in HOPT. No near endless SS spam? I like the fact that they need Poly to spam, its prevent abuse in other decks, but no HOPT?
After a quick reading in your blogs, I find HOPT (either SS or effect) are a necessary in cards (not all), and it make deck building more complex and fair, especially to Hand Traps. For Hand Traps they must be activated HOPT, or something like with Gamma, just 1 activation. When it came to archetype, I believe all the more so, especially to OTK. This is why printed "Cubic" monsters doesn't SS spam more monsters to OTK in the same Battle Phase unlike the movie. Leave the OTK to your bosses. You have a lot of cards & effects to assist that.

King of the Woods. I disagreed with its high stat. The rest LV4 <2k ATK are fine (except Satyr...maybe) to SS after the damage calculation, but 2500 ATK. No. Leave the high stats to their Fusion Bosses. Let the big Fusion guys do their jobs.

Shavath. Whoa! :o I heavily disagreed with this one. No Yata Lock! No, No! Effect like this should not even exist. Even after reading their archetype tips, I said NEVER! You have an in-archetype snipe hand with your Fusion "Treant". Just be satisfy with that. Also, Yata is banned for good reason. And it should stay banned forever! So what if it didn't go according to plan, when it came to card game, it hardly were. And that's the point.

Inflict battle damage is not a weakness. Just more works, a theme, its an OTK deck after all. Tuners again? Part of the lore like with Gravemind?

Futuregamer

Post #3 by Futuregamer » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:51 pm

-"Endless SS spam" from the hand, if you manage to inflict battle damage, which will happen only thanks to a Fusion that was Summoned with Polymerization properly, effectively making you go at least -2. It's a mechanic triggered with battle that does not generate advantage, it does not need HOPT. The opponent has had all the chances to respond.

-There is no reason for most handtraps to be hopt. They are -1s by their very nature, and usually their effects do not do anything beyond an one-for-one negation.

-Cubics SS new monsters from the GY, Darkwoods use the monsters you already have in your hand, it's not a +. If they all had effects to free SS themselves before the Battle Phase you wouldn't even notice them, I actually gave them a condition.

-King of the Woods is the only brick in the deck, it's why he's allowed to have high stats.

-Fenrir has been a thing for almost 2 decades now and he actually has fewer requirements for his lock, + mine's on a Fusion. It's a -2 on its own.

-I make the female members of Vurko timeline's archetypes Tuners, yeah.

Rocket2

Post #4 by Rocket2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:32 am

Futuregamer wrote:-"Endless SS spam" from the hand, if you manage to inflict battle damage, which will happen only thanks to a Fusion that was Summoned with Polymerization properly, effectively making you go at least -2. It's a mechanic triggered with battle that does not generate advantage, it does not need HOPT. The opponent has had all the chances to respond.

-There is no reason for most handtraps to be hopt. They are -1s by their very nature, and usually their effects do not do anything beyond an one-for-one negation.

-Cubics SS new monsters from the GY, Darkwoods use the monsters you already have in your hand, it's not a +. If they all had effects to free SS themselves before the Battle Phase you wouldn't even notice them, I actually gave them a condition.

-King of the Woods is the only brick in the deck, it's why he's allowed to have high stats.

-Fenrir has been a thing for almost 2 decades now and he actually has fewer requirements for his lock, + mine's on a Fusion. It's a -2 on its own.

Even so, you'd read where I stand.

Return to “Custom Cards”