Made my first Cyberse archtype, "Network" however im also asking for help with balancing it.

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Made my first Cyberse archtype, "Network" however im also asking for help with balancing it.

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:38 pm

The Deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6140095

i know cyberse cards are based on summoning low level and low stat monsters fast to get their Link Monsters out faster, which is where the power lays with Cyberse decks: Their Link Monsters.

However im asking for assistance in balancing this deck as i dont know much about links or cyberse cards.

I will NOT change the following cards:

Links:
- Network Alien
- Network Giant
- Network Marine

Effect Monsters:
- Air Defense System
- Swordsman
- Swordswoman

Spells:
- CIty
- City 2
- Invasion

Traps:
- Gustav Cannon
- Railgun
- System Crash
- Shield

Remember im asking for help to balance this out. Im aware some may see this as to powerful as it is right now (or broken if you want to put it that way) this is why im asking for assistance with this deck.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Assault team can summon the two 3600 backrow lockdowns if the opponent has 3 monsters, that seems a little powerful for a pankratops summon effect. I suggest putting a level restriction on it so that it can't summon those two.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:24 pm

greg503 wrote:Assault team can summon the two 3600 backrow lockdowns if the opponent has 3 monsters, that seems a little powerful for a pankratops summon effect. I suggest putting a level restriction on it so that it can't summon those two.

done: made it restrict up to level 4.

any other suggestions?
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:06 pm

LOL

Asks for help, yet says they won't change certain cards. Also, all those cards violate your rules.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 am

Renji Asuka wrote:LOL

Asks for help, yet says they won't change certain cards. Also, all those cards violate your rules.

ummm all of the cards? no. Tyrant, Democrat, Air Defense System, Mercenary, Soldier, City, City 2, Red Smoke Signal, Generator, Gustav Cannon, Railgun, System Crash, Civilization, Paralyzing Machine, Shield, Alien, Angel, Defender Golem, Demon, Marine, Paladin, and War Samurai do not violate my rules. so 22/30 of this archetype do not violate my own rules. so 73.3% of the deck stays within my rules. Nice try.

DuskWill

Post #6 by DuskWill » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:52 am

How would you summon Network War Samurai without a Link 2 Link Monster? Its rating is 3 and it requires 2 "Network" Monsters, so I don't see how you would summon it in those conditions.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:46 am

Gustav=Solemn Strike but way better
System Crash=7 tools of the bandit but slightly better
Network Shield=Mirror Force
They need something to make them distinct from their counterparts because their just searchable reprints

Almost every single one of your Link monsters is just wrong or just stale. There's a lot of anti-synergy and best case scenario/wishful thinking baked into them. And their material costs actually do hinder their effectiveness. Side arrows are your friends, not everything has to be top row and bottom row arrows.
Example: The Link 3s shouldn't be 3 Material they should be 2+
Link 4s should be 3+ Material not 4 material
Instead of making cards require strict number of materials add effects that incentives using the maximum number of material like giving it counters that increase stats, give it 1 time full protection or full time limited forms of protection, spending the counter for a quick effect negation, etc.

Alien should just be a Link 2 with 2 Material
Defender Golem should be Link 4 with +3 Material

Paralyzing machine will always be bad design but you won't listen to any criticism towards it.

Railgun. Just stop trying to replicate cursed seal of the forbidden spell. It's a failed design. There's a reason why it's never returned to the game in any form. It's not fun to play against, it's not particularly interesting mechanic and it's not interactive; to borrow an old phrase, it's anti-fun. Even Konami has realized this and never tried to make a second version of cursed seal.

Network City cards are just bloated and don't naturally synergise with the rest of the deck. They're very ad hoc cards that don't fit.

Air defense system is just a really weird anti-wind card that exists for no reason other than flavor

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #8 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:59 am

debt, actually they aren't searchable at all, literally none of his cards search his s/t
which makes them even more useless.
b

Debt

Post #9 by Debt » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:06 am

My bad on that point. They still are stale functional reprints though

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:23 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:LOL

ummm all of the cards? no. Tyrant, Democrat, Air Defense System, Mercenary, Soldier, City, City 2, Red Smoke Signal, Generator, Gustav Cannon, Railgun, System Crash, Civilization, Paralyzing Machine, Shield, Alien, Angel, Defender Golem, Demon, Marine, Paladin, and War Samurai do not violate my rules. so 22/30 of this archetype do not violate my own rules. so 73.3% of the deck stays within my rules. Nice try.

None of them use the typing that was in old school yugioh, therefore they violate your rules.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

qu4leti

Post #11 by qu4leti » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:15 am

Alright...but your asking me for help. Have fun :-)

Grammar:
First out of them all, don't double space the effects please. I'm aware that you don't like the bulkiness of card text, but yet some of your cards have it, which kinda makes no sense, such as, Network Swords Woman, Network Assault Team, Network Swordsman, and especially Network City, just to name a few. Also make sure that you properly capitalize "Battle Phase", "Damage Step", as well as other parts of the field such as, "Deck", "Main Monster Zone", "Extra Monster Zone", etc... Next, a colon, (:) is used for conditional effects, such as, "When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned:(effect)". As an example of one of your cards, Network Air Defense System, "effects do not activate at this time) destroy all WIND monsters on the field; then Special Summon a "Network" monster from your hand or deck whos level is equal to or less than the number of WIND monsters that were destroyed by this effect." You did this correctly with, Network Assault Team, "If your opponent controls more monsters than you do:"... Moving on, the effect of Network Swordsman should be reworded. Its' effect currently reads, If you send both this card and "Network Swordswoman" for a Link Summon"... But in my opinion, it should say "...if you tribute both"... The effect of Network City should say, "Each time you summon a "Network" monster"... Not, " Each time you summon a "Network" card"... Or just reword the entirety of Network City. It is incredibly bulky, and so much to read. If you can find a way to sum it up, that will work as well. The effect of Network Generator is also way to wordy. If you can find a way to shorten it, that will be great. "Other" in the effect of Network Defender Golem should be lowercase. The effect of Network Demon can be summed up by just saying, "...your opponents Spell or Trap effects.". Reword the entirety of Network Giant. It is way too confusing to understand.
-whos = whose
-Swordswoman = Swords Woman

Cards:
I agree with Debt on the Link arrows. You can have them do something else then just harming your opponent.
Network Mercenary: It's effect is a little strong for a monster you can just freely summon for it being just a level 3.
Network Samurai: Same thing as before, small monster, but a strong effect. Other monsters may be small and have good effects, but the effect you gave it is too strong for its' level.
Network Swordsman & Network Swords Women: The last effect of the monster kinda makes no sense, you can make it so it counts as 2 tributes.
Network Synthesis Soldier: For it being a level 2 monster and having that kind of effect is a little strong. I am finding a pattern here.
Network City: The counter mechanic is fine with what the deck does, but having it just be active with the number of counters it has is a little strong. If you make it so you have to spend the counters like what Gateway of the Six does, it may be a little more balanced.
Network City 2: Same thing with Network City, just have it so you have to spend counters for the effect for balancing.
Network Generator: I'll give you credit for it being unique, but its' effect is really strong, for no cost. When you destroy a defense position monster, you just negate its' effect just like that. Having a cost would be nice for balancing.
Network Invasion: It has a cost of skipping your normal Draw Phase, but because you can destroy a card on the field AND you can just get it back next turn, makes it OP, and spammable.
Network Gustav Cannon: Just like Debt said, its' just a better Solemn Strike.
Network Railgun: The cost is fine, but having the effect be negated for the rest of the duel is a little too much, and too powerful.
Network System Crash: I agree with Debt again, just a better Tools of the Bandit
Network Paralyzing Machine: Just a plain OP card with no cost what so ever. Yes, you do only run 1 copy, but if you play it, I literally cannot play the game unless I find a way to destroy it.
Network Shield: Again, I agree with Debt, it's just Mirror Force
Network Angel: It can attack 3 times, negates effects of monsters it points to, AND if i deal damage involving the card is cut in half. If you really want to use something with these effects, I say just pick one, and if you want to use the multi-attack effect, make it have a good cost because right now, it's just free.
Network Defender Golem: The fact it cannot be targeted or destroyed is a good effect. But because the only option I have is to beat over it when it has 3000 atk, is much. But I do like how players take no battle dmg involving the monster.
Network Demon: I understand that you have to use 6 monsters as tribute, but because it negates effects in 3 monster zones it a little much in my opinion. And it makes it so Network cards can attack me directly. AND they can't be effected by spells and traps. If you want to make it powerful, only limit it to maybe 2 of the 4 you have, or add costs. I know you can say "it needs 6 monsters is enough of a cost." but because of how much you summon, not really.
Network Marine: If my monster is going to be equipped to your monster, it has to go on your side of the field. If you can give me 5 examples of other cards that don't do this, I'll be fine with it.
Network War Samurai: Well first of all, you can't even use it. It need 2 Network monsters, but it's a LINK -3 monster? Now, if it said 2+ "Network monsters, that's fine. The only reason I will let the effect pass for this monster, is because it's atk isn't really high.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #12 by LightCaster » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:The Deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6140095

i know cyberse cards are based on summoning low level and low stat monsters fast to get their Link Monsters out faster, which is where the power lays with Cyberse decks: Their Link Monsters.

However im asking for assistance in balancing this deck as i dont know much about links or cyberse cards.

I will NOT change the following cards:

Links:
- Network Alien
- Network Giant
- Network Marine

Effect Monsters:
- Air Defense System
- Swordsman
- Swordswoman

Spells:
- CIty
- City 2
- Invasion

Traps:
- Gustav Cannon
- Railgun
- System Crash
- Shield

Remember im asking for help to balance this out. Im aware some may see this as to powerful as it is right now (or broken if you want to put it that way) this is why im asking for assistance with this deck.

So wait. you won't accept help on those specific cards, but you want help. What?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #13 by Lil Oldman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Had a quick glance on the traps and just have a little question
why having all those types of negations on so many different cards instead of grouping them all in one.
Im not criticizing the shield because of the fact that this situation is like hero barrier where negate attack is better and nerfing shield will leave it the exact same way like barrier.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Custom Cards”