Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Darkraiclone
Mood:

Re: I will use this thread for saving and sharing replays with others

Post #421 by Darkraiclone » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:13 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Then we'll need judges who speak at least 3 or 4 different languages to communicate with all the spanish, french, japanese, chinese, korean, german, russian, and hindi speakers.

They would have to, yeah, because not everyone who plays Yugioh speaks english. Granted it would be a fairly difficult process, but out right barring non-english speaking players from ranked due to not speaking english doesn't seem fair.

Speaking in a language other than english could be interpretted as Spam Minor. One of those examples given in the rules page is "Posting nonsensical phrases/sentences without meaning (e.g. akj skef adsls) continuously."

This means speaking in a foreign language could be seen as posting a bunch of phrases that make no sense to others who don't speak your language. That's one way you could look at it.

In fact, in this replay in particular, the players could have spoken english, as they did do so quite a bit, but chose not to and to instead continue speaking french which is gibberish to those like myself who don't know french.

I don't speak french either, but that doesn't mean that speaking it should be outlawed, especially if both players can speak it. If anything, barring players that speak different languages would only serve to divide the community if they are forced to speak another language to be allowed to play in ranked, or worse not speak at all, which would only cause more problems.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

greg503

Post #422 by greg503 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:41 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-23509464

They ragequit to des koala

Nice stall deck, you would do well with Mystic Mine

I despise that card. That card is yet another one of the countless reasons i still run Cursed Seal of The Forbidden Spell

And yet, your MO is to restrict what your opponent can do, you are a floodgate player at heart.
Buy Floowandereeze

james123
Mood:

Post #423 by james123 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:25 pm

The same experience I had with Christen but this time I tried to promise the guy to don't mind about Inaccuracy but he quit anyhow despite me saying the N Word.
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=90641-23574898

Christen57

Post #424 by Christen57 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:21 am

james123 wrote:The same experience I had with Christen but this time I tried to promise the guy to don't mind about Inaccuracy but he quit anyhow despite me saying the N Word.

What "experience" are you talking about?

Also, there was no need to call your opponent names like that.

james123
Mood:

Post #425 by james123 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:37 am

Christen57 wrote:
james123 wrote:The same experience I had with Christen but this time I tried to promise the guy to don't mind about Inaccuracy but he quit anyhow despite me saying the N Word.

What "experience" are you talking about?

Also, there was no need to call your opponent names like that.

Well if you ask me... I was playing cards that were not canon to that Character similar to lost World in Doodle Beasts

james123
Mood:

Post #426 by james123 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:51 am

I wrecked that Fool with 1 Detroit Smash even if he didn't noticed the Effect of my Little Pony Tsunotori (although speedster the Guy behind the U.A. HERO Archetype hates MLP and anything that crosses over with MLP like MHA Crossovers with MLP and YGO Crossovers with MLP)
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=90641-23588444

Christen57

Post #427 by Christen57 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:27 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=23641051

A guy getting himself frozen for rule-sharking.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #428 by Darkraiclone » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:52 am

Christen57 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=23641051

Actually that looks more like trolling more than sharking.

Renji Asuka

Post #429 by Renji Asuka » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:20 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=5191-23645941

Playing against my friend who had just built Dragunities on DB and I just built Skull Servants.

I genuinely feel bad cause Ash Blossom ruined his day. (Yes he is running Ash Blossom in his build too).
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

DarkPhenix

Post #430 by DarkPhenix » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:10 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:

That was not sharking. Sharking is trying to enforce some sort of non-existent policy to gain advantage. Sharking may or may not be intentional. This was attempting to cheat. He was intentionally misrepresenting the gamestate/rules and therefore got the freeze. Another note, is that the trap card states that you Synchro or XYZ summon AFTER the card resolves, making the summon able to be negated by a card like solemn judgement.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #431 by CrystalMusic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:16 am

DarkPhenix wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

That was not sharking. Sharking is trying to enforce some sort of non-existent policy to gain advantage. Sharking may or may not be intentional. This was attempting to cheat. He was intentionally misrepresenting the gamestate/rules and therefore got the freeze. Another note, is that the trap card states that you Synchro or XYZ summon AFTER the card resolves, making the summon able to be negated by a card like solemn judgement.

after watching that replay: this is why i hate the yugioh of today, that first turn was 5 minutes long, 3.5 minutes longer than it needs to be. This is why i preffer the old days. if yall like the new stuff thats fine. me? i hate it!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #432 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:38 am

CrystalMusic wrote:after watching that replay: this is why i hate the yugioh of today, that first turn was 5 minutes long, 3.5 minutes longer than it needs to be. This is why i preffer the old days. if yall like the new stuff thats fine. me? i hate it!

Well, turns these days are actually shorter because DB requires more time for each part typing confirmations and targets to make their moves. Tier 1 and 2 tournaments have rounds of 40 minutes, so a good pace for both gaming and side-decking is obviously important. We just can't apply that same efficiency for DB, unless both players are voice chatting.

If anything, I just find that opinion of yours confusing when you make duels that takes over an hour of literally nothing important happening each turn. What's the practical difference between short duels with long turns and long duels with short turns? If lots of moves in a turn makes one feel like the game takes forever, I hardly think it's any different with how you intend to play.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #433 by CrystalMusic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:44 am

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:after watching that replay: this is why i hate the yugioh of today, that first turn was 5 minutes long, 3.5 minutes longer than it needs to be. This is why i preffer the old days. if yall like the new stuff thats fine. me? i hate it!

Well, turns these days are actually shorter because DB requires more time for each part typing confirmations and targets to make their moves. Tier 1 and 2 tournaments have rounds of 40 minutes, so a good pace for both gaming and side-decking is obviously important. We just can't apply that same efficiency for DB, unless both players are voice chatting.

If anything, I just find that opinion of yours confusing when you make duels that takes over an hour of literally nothing important happening each turn. What's the practical difference between short duels with long turns and long duels with short turns? If lots of moves in a turn makes one feel like the game takes forever, I hardly think it's any different with how you intend to play.

look, i hate long turns, but i also hate short duels. I like duels where it takes a while for a winner to be decided.

if you still dont get it let me try to explain:
a duel, imo should last a while, more than just 2 - 5 turns
however if a turn takes more than 2 - 2.5 minutes (exluding the BP) then its to long

so basically my kind of duel: lasts more than 10 turns each while the turns are quick.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #434 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:

look, i hate long turns, but i also hate short duels. I like duels where it takes a while for a winner to be decided.

if you still dont get it let me try to explain:
a duel, imo should last a while, more than just 2 - 5 turns
however if a turn takes more than 2 - 2.5 minutes (exluding the BP) then its to long

so basically my kind of duel: lasts more than 10 turns each while the turns are quick.

Still, what I still don't get is why you do your best to not go for the kill. Many of the duels where you don't ragequit but still has so many "rules" and stall setups, you often have the advantage with OP monsters but basically don't try to win with them. A short duel with long turns seems to be quite irrelevant compared to the ones you do that are extended to possibly over an hour, sometimes featuring a single digit number of attacks from you.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #435 by Darkraiclone » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:50 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
DarkPhenix wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Actually that looks more like trolling more than sharking.

after watching that replay: this is why i hate the yugioh of today, that first turn was 5 minutes long, 3.5 minutes longer than it needs to be. This is why i preffer the old days. if yall like the new stuff thats fine. me? i hate it!

Dude we get it, you hate modern Yugioh and want to play the made up version of Yugioh that never existed even during the first time the game started. Long story short, nobody cares, now go back to Spam Paradise.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #436 by CrystalMusic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:05 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
DarkPhenix wrote:

Dude we get it, you hate modern Yugioh and want to play the made up version of Yugioh that never existed even during the first time the game started. Long story short, nobody cares, now go back to Spam Paradise.

actually no, not made up, i preffer the 9/1/07 format which did exist.
and umm, im in the spam paradise forum RN cas this thread was made in it.

greg503

Post #437 by greg503 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:12 am

So you're okay playing against Perfect Circle, WMC Burn, and Zombies. A format with many staple cards like Card Trooper, Breaker, Pre-errata Sangan, and Heavy Storm?
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #438 by CrystalMusic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:22 am

greg503 wrote:So you're okay playing against Perfect Circle, WMC Burn, and Zombies. A format with many staple cards like Card Trooper, Breaker, Pre-errata Sangan, and Heavy Storm?

just search september 2007 lists (TCG) yugioh wiki - 1st result. BAM. Welcome to my preferred format/list!
the only additions i make when i host this format is no brain control, heavy storm or creature swap

Christen57

Post #439 by Christen57 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:So you're okay playing against Perfect Circle, WMC Burn, and Zombies. A format with many staple cards like Card Trooper, Breaker, Pre-errata Sangan, and Heavy Storm?

just search september 2007 lists (TCG) yugioh wiki - 1st result. BAM. Welcome to my preferred format/list!
the only additions i make when i host this format is no brain control, heavy storm or creature swap

Brain control got nerfed. It's no longer as strong as it once was.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #440 by Darkraiclone » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:49 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

actually no, not made up, i preffer the 9/1/07 format which did exist.
and umm, im in the spam paradise forum RN cas this thread was made in it.

K, nobody cares still, now if you ain't gonna do anything in this thread aside from start shit, then get out.

Return to “Spam Paradise”