Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
parhelia_0000
Mood:

Re: I will use this thread for saving and sharing replays with others

Post #2061 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:04 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
On the one hand I understand it but you know, as an artist, I create the artworks for my custom papers (and also the effects).

I've never had this problem with my custom, quite the contrary. Sometimes I leave them without artworks just to avoid them stealing my artworks for "revenge".

What's with this irrational fear of yours of people copying/downloading some random image off the internet? What kind of revenge IS that? When I think of revenge, I think of things far more serious for getting back at the person in question, such as stealing something physical from them, harming/injuring them, spreading lies/rumors about them, exposing some dark secret of theirs, physically damaging/ruining/wrecking some physical item of theirs, going after some loved one of theirs, etc.

Also, if you never upload any artworks, why bother creating/drawing them up in the first place?

You don't have to put much effort into artworks if you don't want to. Like Futuregamer said, even having just complete red/white/blue/green/yellow squares for your cards' artworks is better than having them all be the default black squares, because at least then, the different colors allow you to "color code" your cards so they're easier and faster to locate.

Christen57, artists must be protected and respected. Besides, why do you come up with mine as a revenge? Mine is not a revenge, it is copyright.
I mean that peoples steal my artworks during my duels with screenshots for lose revenge

Everyone uses images from the internet for custom cards. That's the reality - nothing is stopping you from going onto Google Images and searching up photos to use for custom cards in DuelingBook. And besides, who even GIVES a fuck nowadays?! Or are you one of those Karens who get pissed off at every small little thing in the world?

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
What's with this irrational fear of yours of people copying/downloading some random image off the internet? What kind of revenge IS that? When I think of revenge, I think of things far more serious for getting back at the person in question, such as stealing something physical from them, harming/injuring them, spreading lies/rumors about them, exposing some dark secret of theirs, physically damaging/ruining/wrecking some physical item of theirs, going after some loved one of theirs, etc.

Also, if you never upload any artworks, why bother creating/drawing them up in the first place?

You don't have to put much effort into artworks if you don't want to. Like Futuregamer said, even having just complete red/white/blue/green/yellow squares for your cards' artworks is better than having them all be the default black squares, because at least then, the different colors allow you to "color code" your cards so they're easier and faster to locate.

I think this guy is trying to imply to you that customs are all bad in his view.

Ooohhh i see a fucking Yuja Drayko friend... huh?

Again, I don't even know who the fuck Yuja Drayko is. How many times do I have to tell you to STOP ASSUMING?! Gosh, these people who refuse to provide empirical evidence on the spot and then make false accusations left and right...

People like you are the very reason why a lot of Yugioh players prefer automated platforms such as DuelingNexus and EDOPro over DuelingBook. You always complain about these things and automatically assume false things just to pin the blame on others, even when you don't have ANY empirical evidence.

Seriously, knock that shit the fuck off. It was funny once or twice, but now you're starting to prove yourself to be no better than CrystalMusic. If you wanna know why no one is taking your advice when it comes to custom cards, go find a mirror and have a deep, long look at what you see.

But of course, we already know you won't shut the fuck up about all this. Darwis-whatever-the-fuck-this-guy's-name-is lashing back like a Karen in 3, 2, 1...

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2062 by Lil Oldman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:12 am

Ah. Duelingbook, place for the smartest individuals and most civilized debates.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2063 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:18 am

Folks, If you wanna know why nobody is taking any feedback from custom card reviewers seriously, please review the conversation over the past 1-2 pages. This is what happens when custom card reviewers don't see cards get nerfed the way they want things to be. Welcome to the 2022 custom format Yugioh where it's all about nitpicking the smallest details and not allowing creators to express their own ideal archetype. Welcome to the 2022 custom card Yugioh where it's all about insulting the creators themselves whenever cards are not created to the community's own "standards of balance."

If you guys ever wanna know why the custom card communities in Discord are dying away, THIS is why. THIS is what happens when people decide to insult the custom card creators themselves instead of providing constructive feedback. Why would anyone want to listen to the advice of those who go the "my way or the highway" and force people to play loser-tier boomer decks instead of allowing people to be creative in custom cards the way they want to envision things?

We don't need Futuregamer 2.0 here. We don't need another toxic custom card reviewer who's just going to spew death threats towards others whenever custom cards are not balanced to their own "standards."

I've said it before and I'll say it again - everyone in custom card format will have their OWN sense of balance. As such, the format will never TRULY be balanced. This isn't me making excuses, I'm just stating the facts. Welcome to the custom format. You want to survive in this format? You better be prepared to face against decks that have "unaffected," "win the duel," etc. in the card texts. You don't like that, don't bother with custom cards in the first place. Nobody's forcing you to play customs if you don't like it.

But if you still insist on dragging the drama along, that's fine by me. You're only adding fuel to the heat and giving admins and mods more reasons to lock this thread by doing so anyway. The choice is ultimately yours.

greg503

Post #2064 by greg503 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:20 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Folks, If you wanna know why nobody is taking any feedback from custom card reviewers seriously, please review the conversation over the past 1-2 pages. This is what happens when custom card reviewers don't see cards get nerfed the way they want things to be. Welcome to the 2022 custom format Yugioh where it's all about nitpicking the smallest details and not allowing creators to express their own ideal archetype. Welcome to the 2022 custom card Yugioh where it's all about insulting the creators themselves whenever cards are not created to the community's own "standards of balance."

If you guys ever wanna know why the custom card communities in Discord are dying away, THIS is why. THIS is what happens when people decide to insult the custom card creators themselves instead of providing constructive feedback. Why would anyone want to listen to the advice of those who go the "my way or the highway" and force people to play loser-tier boomer decks instead of allowing people to be creative in custom cards the way they want to envision things?

We don't need Futuregamer 2.0 here. We don't need another toxic custom card reviewer who's just going to spew death threats towards others whenever custom cards are not balanced to their own "standards."

I've said it before and I'll say it again - everyone in custom card format will have their OWN sense of balance. As such, the format will never TRULY be balanced. This isn't me making excuses, I'm just stating the facts. Welcome to the custom format. You want to survive in this format? You better be prepared to face against decks that have "unaffected," "win the duel," etc. in the card texts. You don't like that, don't bother with custom cards in the first place. Nobody's forcing you to play customs if you don't like it.

But if you still insist on dragging the drama along, that's fine by me. You're only adding fuel to the heat and giving admins and mods more reasons to lock this thread by doing so anyway. The choice is ultimately yours.

Who wants to read the 7 things your stupid boss monsters do, when 3 is the new norm, with a few pend ones that have 4?
Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2065 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:22 am

greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Folks, If you wanna know why nobody is taking any feedback from custom card reviewers seriously, please review the conversation over the past 1-2 pages. This is what happens when custom card reviewers don't see cards get nerfed the way they want things to be. Welcome to the 2022 custom format Yugioh where it's all about nitpicking the smallest details and not allowing creators to express their own ideal archetype. Welcome to the 2022 custom card Yugioh where it's all about insulting the creators themselves whenever cards are not created to the community's own "standards of balance."

Who wants to read the 7 things your stupid boss monsters do, when 3 is the new norm, with a few pend ones that have 4?

7 things? Who said I added 7 effects to a boss monster? Please elaborate.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2066 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:30 am

I mean, okay, maybe I do have 1-2 boss monsters that do have more than 7 lines of effects, but who is to judge people to lessen the number of lines in custom cards? After all, THIS IS CUSTOMS! You think I'm complaining when I see opponents making field spells that have multiple lines? Please grow the fuck up.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2067 by DarwisBellium92 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:36 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:I think this guy is trying to imply to you that customs are all bad in his view.
Again, I don't even know who the fuck Yuja Drayko is. How many times do I have to tell you to STOP ASSUMING?! Gosh, these people who refuse to provide empirical evidence on the spot and then make false accusations left and right...

People like you are the very reason why a lot of Yugioh players prefer automated platforms such as DuelingNexus and EDOPro over DuelingBook. You always complain about these things and automatically assume false things just to pin the blame on others, even when you don't have ANY empirical evidence.

Seriously, knock that shit the fuck off. It was funny once or twice, but now you're starting to prove yourself to be no better than CrystalMusic. If you wanna know why no one is taking your advice when it comes to custom cards, go find a mirror and have a deep, long look at what you see.

But of course, we already know you won't shut the fuck up about all this. Darwis-whatever-the-fuck-this-guy's-name-is lashing back like a Karen in 3, 2, 1...

First of all, you have never dueled with me, sorry~
Since you don't want to duel with me, you'll be a loser for life! Your words are big laughs to me, you make me laugh. xD
Oh yes of course you offended me (sarcasm).
Too bad you need to improve, you are hysterical.
Get out Boomer. XD
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2068 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:39 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I think this guy is trying to imply to you that customs are all bad in his view.

Since you don't want to duel with me, you'll be a loser for life! Your words are big laughs to me, you make me laugh. xD
Get out Boomer. XD

You can't be a loser if you never dueled someone. #BigBrainTime

Also, who says I'm being hysterical? I'm only stating the facts here. You're the one here who's adding fuel to the fire. Stop assuming.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2069 by DarwisBellium92 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:51 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:

Get out Boomer. XD

Also, who says I'm being hysterical? I'm only stating the facts here. You're the one here who's adding fuel to the fire. Stop assuming.

It seems that the Karen as you Koreans say, you are the Karen.

Custom cards have been dying for 6 years not from discord or toxic users, because there is little interest.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2070 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:53 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:First of all, you have never dueled with me, sorry~
Get out Boomer. XD

Custom cards have been dying for 6 years not from discord or toxic users, because there is little interest.

So now that you have no way to come back from me refuting your lack of evidence, you decide to insult me directly.

Literally the Ad Hominem concept - since you can't seem to rationally think of ways to rebuttal my statements you decide to resort to throwing insults towards me. I'm not going to entertain this anymore. Good luck trying to get people to balance custom cards, 'cause you're gonna need it.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2071 by DarwisBellium92 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:10 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:You can't be a loser if you never dueled someone. #BigBrainTime

So now that you have no way to come back from me refuting your lack of evidence, you decide to insult me directly.

Literally the Ad Hominem concept - since you can't seem to rationally think of ways to rebuttal my statements you decide to resort to throwing insults towards me. I'm not going to entertain this anymore. Good luck trying to get people to balance custom cards, 'cause you're gonna need it.

You are the wrong person, the one who has to balance the cards is you and not me. :lol: :lol:
By the way, play in OCG and not TCG, Korean.

Cit.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2072 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:12 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:It seems that the Karen as you Koreans say, you are the Karen.

You are the wrong person, the one who has to balance the cards is you and not me. :lol: :lol:
By the way, play in OCG and not TCG, Korean.

I'm living in Canada so it's right for me to play TCG, not OCG.

Besides, because you've proven to others that you'd rather resort to insults rather than rational arguments, I don't need to listen to any of your advice.

Dear admins, please lock this thread. This drama has gone on far enough.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2073 by Lil Oldman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:19 am

Idk if this place was better before or after their arrival.
On 1 hand, free stupidity to laugh at.
On the other hand, nothing actually interesting is happening.
Like how boring can another broken archetype be or how interesting is to see it play against another person.
How stupid you have to be to imagine "customs need balance" or trying to reason with someone who made stupid shit that makes Pot of Greed look balanced.
I miss the mordius archetype. At least that one had 1 good thing going for it in comparison to these bland decks that just say "haha fuck u" while doing backflips. People always complain about meta ruining the game because their Skull Servant Deck couldn't win through a single negate when in reality, most of the times the game is healthy enough to be enjoyable.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2074 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:21 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Idk if this place was better before or after their arrival.
Like how boring can another broken archetype be or how interesting is to see it play against another person.
How stupid you have to be to imagine "customs need balance" or trying to reason with someone who made stupid shit that makes Pot of Greed look balanced.
I miss the mordius archetype. At least that one had 1 good thing going for it in comparison to these bland decks that just say "haha fuck u" while doing backflips. People always complain about meta ruining the game because their Skull Servant Deck couldn't win through a single negate when in reality, most of the times the game is healthy enough to be enjoyable.

I won't entertain that archetype anymore. I'm planning to have that thread locked and the cards deleted. Extravalite and Almagicians I'll continue to make support cards, but I'm done taking advice from custom card "reviewers" who decide to spew insults and threats rather than be rational about their arguments.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2075 by Lil Oldman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:26 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:

I won't entertain that archetype anymore. I'm planning to have that thread locked and the cards deleted. Extravalite and Almagicians I'll continue to make support cards, but I'm done taking advice from custom card "reviewers" who decide to spew insults and threats rather than be rational about their arguments.

You wouldn't take advice from anyone. Christen has never insulted you yet back then you simply brushed off their commentary and started hijacking others threads because you got insulted on the internet. And congratulations on abandoning your best archetype.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2076 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:29 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:

You wouldn't take advice from anyone. Christen has never insulted you yet back then you simply brushed off their commentary and started hijacking others threads because you got insulted on the internet. And congratulations on abandoning your best archetype.

What a few bad eggs do reflects on everyone. No offense or anything personal towards Christen, but what other custom card reviewers have done so far have left me a sour taste on what the custom card reviewers REALLY are like. I don't care who started it, but while I remained reasonable while providing empirical evidence, others decided to resort to flinging insults and making false assumptions.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2077 by Lil Oldman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:31 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I won't entertain that archetype anymore. I'm planning to have that thread locked and the cards deleted. Extravalite and Almagicians I'll continue to make support cards, but I'm done taking advice from custom card "reviewers" who decide to spew insults and threats rather than be rational about their arguments.

What a few bad eggs do reflects on everyone. No offense or anything personal towards Christen, but what other custom card reviewers have done so far have left me a sour taste on what the custom card reviewers REALLY are like. I don't care who started it, but while I remained reasonable while providing empirical evidence, others decided to resort to flinging insults and making false assumptions.

And now you are going to say that all black guys want your wallet or that all canadians do is drink syrup and chop down trees.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #2078 by Fredblade » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:34 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I won't entertain that archetype anymore. I'm planning to have that thread locked and the cards deleted. Extravalite and Almagicians I'll continue to make support cards, but I'm done taking advice from custom card "reviewers" who decide to spew insults and threats rather than be rational about their arguments.

All you've been doing is nothing but deflecting any response, making stawman arguments and playing victim whenever someone says something you don't like.

greg503

Post #2079 by greg503 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:39 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:I mean, okay, maybe I do have 1-2 boss monsters that do have more than 7 lines of effects, but who is to judge people to lessen the number of lines in custom cards? After all, THIS IS CUSTOMS! You think I'm complaining when I see opponents making field spells that have multiple lines? Please grow the fuck up.

I said 7 things, not 7 lines, my example:
Almagician Eternal - Voldemort (アルマジシャン・守護神・ボールドモート/아르매지션 수호신 볼드모트)
1: You can also use 1 monster your opponent controls to Link Summon this card.
2: Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.
3: This card's name is treated as "Almagician Eternal - Slytherin" while it is on the field or in the GY.
4: When this card is Link Summoned: shuffle all face-down banished cards and non-Spellcaster monsters that are banished or in the GY into the respective decks.
5: Gains 1000 ATK per Spellcaster monster that is banished or in the GY.
6: Neither player can activate effects of monsters, except the effects of Spellcaster monsters.
7:Once per turn: You can send 1 monster your opponent controls to the GY, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to the ATK that monster had on the field.
If I made this card to be in line with TCG, it wouldn't have the name setter, not the "Underworld Goddess" clause. I would also remove one of the ATK manipulating effects, adjusting it's base ATK to compensate. I don't like putting a monster effect lock, but why would anyone want to remember these 7, when only 4 are relevant and necessary?
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #2080 by Christen57 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:38 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
On the one hand I understand it but you know, as an artist, I create the artworks for my custom papers (and also the effects).

I've never had this problem with my custom, quite the contrary. Sometimes I leave them without artworks just to avoid them stealing my artworks for "revenge".

Christen57, artists must be protected and respected. Besides, why do you come up with mine as a revenge? Mine is not a revenge, it is copyright.
I mean that peoples steal my artworks during my duels with screenshots for lose revenge

So... you merely defeated some people in duels, and they decided to retaliate... by downloading your artwork(s)?

Us asking you to balance your cards more does not mean we want you to resort to "loser-tier boomer" goat decks from the early 2000s. We just want you to make your cards no more than on par with the current tier 1 TCG decks, instead of so much better than them that your own decks become tier 0/tier -1 compared to them. Your deck can still win consistently like you want but it would at least then be interactive having clear weaknesses without outright stopping all its potential counters.

While him along with Rocket2 may have been toxic, neither of them directly threatened to harm/kill anyone as far as I'm aware, as Futuregamer was banned mainly due to multiple instance of cheating (lying about not having hand traps when he clearly had them) and encouraging suicide (which isn't the same as a death threat but I guess could be seen as just as bad).

I've said it before and I'll say it again - everyone in custom card format will have their OWN sense of balance. As such, the format will never TRULY be balanced. This isn't me making excuses, I'm just stating the facts. Welcome to the custom format.

And here's something I've said before that I'll say again: This is just black-and-white thinking. You're using the fact that the TCG format can't be perfectly balanced, so that each and every one of this game's 11,000+ cards is equally viable, to justify making your archetypes tier 0/tier -1 instead of just tier 1/1.5 like the rest of the current TCG meta decks.

Balance isn't binary. It exists on a spectrum. We've had formats like Zoodiac, PePe, SPYRAL, and teleDAD where those sorts of decks were taking up over 90% of the metagame and tournament representation, but we also had formats like the memorable 2014 "HAT format" where it was, like, 15-20 different archetypes/strategies duking it out in the meta and achieving tournament representation.
Neither of these formats were perfectly balanced 100%, as you still couldn't compete in either of them with a deck like Destiny Board Turbo or Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth Turbo, but that 2014 format was still clearly more "balanced" than those other formats I mentioned where it was just 1-2 decks/archetypes dominating everywhere, as far more different decks were able to compete in the 2014 one.

The more decks that are able to compete in the meta, the more balanced the format is. The less different decks that are able to compete in the meta, the less balanced the format is. I'm sure this is at least one "sense of balance" we can share and agree upon, so since your archetype completely invalidates the other tier 1/1.5 TCG decks instead of just rivals them, that's what we mean when we complain about how unnecessarily broken and unbalanced your archetypes are.

You want to survive in this format? You better be prepared to face against decks that have "unaffected," "win the duel," etc. in the card texts. You don't like that, don't bother with custom cards in the first place. Nobody's forcing you to play customs if you don't like it.

People aren't going to "not bother with custom cards" if you keep this up. They're going to not bother with YOU. You may not be "CrystalMusic 2.0," and no one should be, or should have ever been, calling you a clone of him or anything, but we're worried you'll suffer the same fate as, or at least a similar one as, CrystalMusic where, just like how he became so notorious within the community to the point where nobody wants anything to do with him anymore — to the point where he ended up leaving the site out frustration (due to him never being able to find any opponents due to nobody wanting to duel him, or abide by his draconian "rules") and hasn't been online since — more and more people are going to make a note of you to avoid you until one day you suddenly realize you're having a very hard time finding, and having to wait much longer than usual to find, people in customs to play with.

It's not too late. I still haven't lost hope or faith in you yet like some others probably have, and I'm sure you'll realize you need to at least somewhat balance/nerf your customs, but if not, you won't get to enjoy those "wins" anymore that you're so fixated on, as there will barely be anyone left who'll still duel you for you to win against.

greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I mean, okay, maybe I do have 1-2 boss monsters that do have more than 7 lines of effects, but who is to judge people to lessen the number of lines in custom cards? After all, THIS IS CUSTOMS! You think I'm complaining when I see opponents making field spells that have multiple lines? Please grow the fuck up.

I said 7 things, not 7 lines, my example:
Almagician Eternal - Voldemort (アルマジシャン・守護神・ボールドモート/아르매지션 수호신 볼드모트)
1: You can also use 1 monster your opponent controls to Link Summon this card.
2: Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.
3: This card's name is treated as "Almagician Eternal - Slytherin" while it is on the field or in the GY.
4: When this card is Link Summoned: shuffle all face-down banished cards and non-Spellcaster monsters that are banished or in the GY into the respective decks.
5: Gains 1000 ATK per Spellcaster monster that is banished or in the GY.
6: Neither player can activate effects of monsters, except the effects of Spellcaster monsters.
7:Once per turn: You can send 1 monster your opponent controls to the GY, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to the ATK that monster had on the field.
If I made this card to be in line with TCG, it wouldn't have the name setter, not the "Underworld Goddess" clause. I would also remove one of the ATK manipulating effects, adjusting it's base ATK to compensate. I don't like putting a monster effect lock, but why would anyone want to remember these 7, when only 4 are relevant and necessary?

I would start by removing just the 5th effect for now — the one that locks the opponent into spellcasters — and maybe the 1st effect depending what this monster's link rating and listed link materials are, as there's a reason Konami made Underworld Goddess of the Closed World a link-5 — to keep players from easily spamming it and linking away their opponent's monsters for link summons multiple times in a turn. So if this is anything lower than link-5 and thus requires less resources to bring out, that would be the real problem.

Return to “Spam Paradise”