Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Fredblade
Mood:

Re: I will use this thread for saving and sharing replays with others

Post #2041 by Fredblade » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:23 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-44025826
How to beat a deck that has Spell Speed 4 cards 101: Use your OWN Spell Speed 4 cards first, BEFORE your opponent gets a chance to use them!

So you're just beating toxic cards by being toxic yourself. Congratulations, you're just part of the problem.

parhelia_0000 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-44020099
Man still tried to burn me under Lavender's effect XDDD This is what happens when you do not read cards, bruvs.

To be fair, I don't blame people for not being bothered about reading your cards, all of them are loaded with bullshit. Also remember people like Futuregamer already said, for many people, this is the first time they see your cards, so of course they won't know how to play against them, specially if they have to read an essay for each of them; you have to make them as pleasant to read as possible, and not loading them with tons of effects that do many different things is the first step.

I don't take advice from people who spew death threats towards others and ends up getting banned from this site. My policy is very clear - it doesn't matter how good the advice is, if they spew death threats towards ANYONE, resort to violence, and/or gets banned from this site, their advice are immediately nullified.

To quote the wise Glenn Fricker, if you have to resort to violence to get your point across, it's not a strong point that holds any value.

That's an Ad hominem fallacy. Not because someone does something wrong means EVERYTHING that person has ever said or done is completely invalidated. There's a difference between holding people accountable for their bad actions, and to completely disregard everything that comes from that person, that's just a poor way of thinking.

Also, it's not like Futuregame could've been the only person to ever come up with that advice, a lot of people with common sense could've also came up with the same kind of advice regarding making your cards pleasant to read, but because I name dropped him, now you're just nitpicking that detail and reject the entire point out of spite.
And you've rejected any kind of advice from anyone, so it's not like you're just ignoring his advice, you're ignoring everyone's advice. You just make any kind of lame excuse to ignore and deflect any kind of advice or feedback.
Death/harm threats is not the only way to be toxic, just because you haven't said something banneable, it doesn't mean your behavior is anything less toxic.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2042 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:33 am

Fredblade wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
So you're just beating toxic cards by being toxic yourself. Congratulations, you're just part of the problem.

To be fair, I don't blame people for not being bothered about reading your cards, all of them are loaded with bullshit. Also remember people like Futuregamer already said, for many people, this is the first time they see your cards, so of course they won't know how to play against them, specially if they have to read an essay for each of them; you have to make them as pleasant to read as possible, and not loading them with tons of effects that do many different things is the first step.

I don't take advice from people who spew death threats towards others and ends up getting banned from this site. My policy is very clear - it doesn't matter how good the advice is, if they spew death threats towards ANYONE, resort to violence, and/or gets banned from this site, their advice are immediately nullified.

To quote the wise Glenn Fricker, if you have to resort to violence to get your point across, it's not a strong point that holds any value.

That's an Ad hominem fallacy. Not because someone does something wrong means EVERYTHING that person has ever said or done is completely invalidated. There's a difference between holding people accountable for their bad actions, and to completely disregard everything that comes from that person, that's just a poor way of thinking.

Also, it's not like Futuregame could've been the only person to ever come up with that advice, a lot of people with common sense could've also came up with the same kind of advice regarding making your cards pleasant to read, but because I name dropped him, now you're just nitpicking that detail and reject the entire point out of spite.
And you've rejected any kind of advice from anyone, so it's not like you're just ignoring his advice, you're ignoring everyone's advice. You just make any kind of lame excuse to ignore and deflect any kind of advice or feedback.
Death/harm threats is not the only way to be toxic, just because you haven't said something banneable, it doesn't mean your behavior is anything less toxic.

I never made death threats towards anyone, and I have never, EVER threatened harm towards anyone. I have my moral standards. The question is, do you?

greg503

Post #2043 by greg503 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:58 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-44025826
How to beat a deck that has Spell Speed 4 cards 101: Use your OWN Spell Speed 4 cards first, BEFORE your opponent gets a chance to use them!

parhelia_0000 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-44020099
Man still tried to burn me under Lavender's effect XDDD This is what happens when you do not read cards, bruvs.

Have you tried making cards with 1 effect? Maybe then I would care about what it does.
Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2044 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:08 am

greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
Fredblade wrote:

Have you tried making cards with 1 effect? Maybe then I would care about what it does.

Sorry but I don't have any interest in making boomer cards that can't keep up with Tearlaments or Spright that have more than 1 effect written in the cards nowadays.

greg503

Post #2045 by greg503 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:17 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I don't take advice from people who spew death threats towards others and ends up getting banned from this site. My policy is very clear - it doesn't matter how good the advice is, if they spew death threats towards ANYONE, resort to violence, and/or gets banned from this site, their advice are immediately nullified.

Sorry but I don't have any interest in making boomer cards that can't keep up with Tearlaments or Spright that have more than 1 effect written in the cards nowadays.

Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2046 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:19 am

greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Have you tried making cards with 1 effect? Maybe then I would care about what it does.

greg503

Post #2047 by greg503 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:51 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Sorry but I don't have any interest in making boomer cards that can't keep up with Tearlaments or Spright that have more than 1 effect written in the cards nowadays.

Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2048 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:07 am

greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Image

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2049 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:58 am

Fredblade wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
Fredblade wrote:

I know something about Futuregamer: to me, honestly, he gave me several times delayed for no reason because I didn't put the artworks on my custom cards for various reasons (or they were in work in progress or, I don't put them on so as not to let them snatch them through screenshots by Yuja Drayko and his friends).
Also, he felt so snobbish with the cardmaker that originality was zero unlike me.
I remember that Futuregamer got banned for various flames with various Mystic Mine Players.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2050 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:41 pm

Oh right, Parhelia_0000 is Korean, it should play the OCG format and not the TCG format.
But how retarded are you.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2051 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:05 pm

Christen57

Post #2052 by Christen57 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:29 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Fredblade wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I don't take advice from people who spew death threats towards others and ends up getting banned from this site. My policy is very clear - it doesn't matter how good the advice is, if they spew death threats towards ANYONE, resort to violence, and/or gets banned from this site, their advice are immediately nullified.

I know something about Futuregamer: to me, honestly, he gave me several times delayed for no reason because I didn't put the artworks on my custom cards for various reasons (or they were in work in progress or, I don't put them on so as not to let them snatch them through screenshots by Yuja Drayko and his friends).
Also, he felt so snobbish with the cardmaker that originality was zero unlike me.
I remember that Futuregamer got banned for various flames with various Mystic Mine Players.

Artworks actually serve an important purpose in yugioh. They're not there just to make the monsters look "attractive" or make them feel "alive". They're there to make finding and locating cards easier and faster, especially when searching for specific cards out of the deck, or bringing out specific monsters from the extra deck.

Take, for example, this Tearlament deck I built in EDOpro.

You can see that one of the cards in it is Fusion Substitute, a card that can be searched off of King of the Swamp.

Unfortunately, in EDOpro's deck editor, and Duelingbook's deck constructor, as well as in duels, when looking at cards in the deck/graveyard or extra deck without hovering your cursor over any of them, their names and effects are so tiny that, most of the time, the only way you can quickly identify each card is by their artwork. This means that, if you activate some effect to search out a card, you open up your deck, and all your cards have the same default black square artworks because you didn't bother to give each of them any unique artwork, you'll then have to manually hover your cursor over each card in your deck so you can see the full preview of the card's name on the left of the screen until you find the card you're searching for, making searches take much longer, and causing duels to slow down considerably, especially if you're playing a deck that does a lot of searching.

However, with artworks, whenever I'm searching through my deck for that Fusion Substitute, I can just look until I spot this sort of image in my deck:

and then immediately know that that's the card I'm looking for without having to manually hover my cursor over each card in the deck just to bring up its name just to see if that card is Fusion Substitute.

Another reason it's a really bad idea to leave the default black squares on your customs' artworks is because it also makes keeping track of what cards you have on the field and graveyard far more difficult and tedious for your opponent than it needs to be. There's a trap card called Showdown of the Secret Sense Scroll Techniques that your opponent may be running, that will require them to pay attention as to what cards you have in your graveyard to see if they match anything you're activating.

For example, if you play Mystical Space Typhoon, all your opponent needs to do is check your graveyard for the same artwork as that Mystic Space Typhoon in order to immediately know you have a second copy of that card you're activating so they know they can activate that trap card of theirs, as identifying cards by their artworks is much faster than identifying them by their names, since their names are going to be too small to see without hovering the cursor over them to enlarge them. However, if you have a bunch of different spells in your graveyard that all have the same default black square artwork, it's going to take much longer for your opponent to figure out if you have an additional copy of that Mystical Space Typhoon in your graveyard, as they'll now need to hover their cursor over each spell in your graveyard to enlarge its name just to see if the name is Mystic Space Typhoon, just to know if they can activate that trap card of theirs, causing the duel to slow down unnecessarily for no reason as you wait for them to finish checking your graveyard before you can proceed to resolve your Mystic Space Typhoon.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2053 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:58 pm

Christen57 wrote:Artworks actually serve an important purpose in yugioh. They're not there just to make the monsters look "attractive" or make them feel "alive". They're there to make finding and locating cards easier and faster, especially when searching for specific cards out of the deck, or bringing out specific monsters from the extra deck.

You can see that one of the cards in it is Fusion Substitute, a card that can be searched off of King of the Swamp.

Unfortunately, in EDOpro's deck editor, and Duelingbook's deck constructor, as well as in duels, when looking at cards in the deck/graveyard or extra deck without hovering your cursor over any of them, their names and effects are so tiny that, most of the time, the only way you can quickly identify each card is by their artwork. This means that, if you activate some effect to search out a card, you open up your deck, and all your cards have the same default black square artworks because you didn't bother to give each of them any unique artwork, you'll then have to manually hover your cursor over each card in your deck so you can see the full preview of the card's name on the left of the screen until you find the card you're searching for, making searches take much longer, and causing duels to slow down considerably, especially if you're playing a deck that does a lot of searching.

However, with artworks, whenever I'm searching through my deck for that Fusion Substitute, I can just look until I spot this sort of image in my deck:

and then immediately know that that's the card I'm looking for without having to manually hover my cursor over each card in the deck just to bring up its name just to see if that card is Fusion Substitute.

For example, if you play Mystical Space Typhoon, all your opponent needs to do is check your graveyard for the same artwork as that Mystic Space Typhoon in order to immediately know you have a second copy of that card you're activating so they know they can activate that trap card of theirs, as identifying cards by their artworks is much faster than identifying them by their names, since their names are going to be too small to see without hovering the cursor over them to enlarge them. However, if you have a bunch of different spells in your graveyard that all have the same default black square artwork, it's going to take much longer for your opponent to figure out if you have an additional copy of that Mystical Space Typhoon in your graveyard, as they'll now need to hover their cursor over each spell in your graveyard to enlarge its name just to see if the name is Mystic Space Typhoon, just to know if they can activate that trap card of theirs, causing the duel to slow down unnecessarily for no reason as you wait for them to finish checking your graveyard before you can proceed to resolve your Mystic Space Typhoon.

On the one hand I understand it but you know, as an artist, I create the artworks for my custom papers (and also the effects).

Another reason it's a really bad idea to leave the default black squares on your customs' artworks is because it also makes keeping track of what cards you have on the field and graveyard far more difficult and tedious for your opponent than it needs to be.

I've never had this problem with my custom, quite the contrary. Sometimes I leave them without artworks just to avoid them stealing my artworks for "revenge".

Cit.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2054 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:34 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-44047154

Finally a good tag duel where me and my partner worked together like a team.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #2055 by Fredblade » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:43 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Image

Your example are actually how NOT to design cards.
Endymion is too wordy that people don't play them except for the 3 people that genuinely like pendulums
Tears is a badly designed deck.
Monarchs use the Tribute summon mechanic, which is inherently slow and bad, so they need to have those consistency boosting effects to be playable at least. Also, didn't Pantheism got limited at some point? Showing the card was a bit too strong for its time.
Erebus is the literal boss monster of the deck, and even then it only has 2 effects.

parhelia_0000 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-44047154

Finally a good tag duel where me and my partner worked together like a team.

Oh look another Parhelia replay of him playing solo mode.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2056 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:41 pm

Fredblade wrote:Endymion is too wordy that people don't play them except for the 3 people that genuinely like pendulums
Tears is a badly designed deck.
Monarchs use the Tribute summon mechanic, which is inherently slow and bad, so they need to have those consistency boosting effects to be playable at least. Also, didn't Pantheism got limited at some point? Showing the card was a bit too strong for its time.
Erebus is the literal boss monster of the deck, and even then it only has 2 effects.

Honestly, Endymion/pendulum magician are various weakness.
Same for Tears.
Exist Floowandereeze is a monarch 2.0
Albaz/Bystial is very strong

Cit.

Christen57

Post #2057 by Christen57 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:41 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Artworks actually serve an important purpose in yugioh. They're not there just to make the monsters look "attractive" or make them feel "alive". They're there to make finding and locating cards easier and faster, especially when searching for specific cards out of the deck, or bringing out specific monsters from the extra deck.

On the one hand I understand it but you know, as an artist, I create the artworks for my custom papers (and also the effects).

Another reason it's a really bad idea to leave the default black squares on your customs' artworks is because it also makes keeping track of what cards you have on the field and graveyard far more difficult and tedious for your opponent than it needs to be.

I've never had this problem with my custom, quite the contrary. Sometimes I leave them without artworks just to avoid them stealing my artworks for "revenge".

What's with this irrational fear of yours of people copying/downloading some random image off the internet? What kind of revenge IS that? When I think of revenge, I think of things far more serious for getting back at the person in question, such as stealing something physical from them, harming/injuring them, spreading lies/rumors about them, exposing some dark secret of theirs, physically damaging/ruining/wrecking some physical item of theirs, going after some loved one of theirs, etc.

Also, if you never upload any artworks, why bother creating/drawing them up in the first place?

You don't have to put much effort into artworks if you don't want to. Like Futuregamer said, even having just complete red/white/blue/green/yellow squares for your cards' artworks is better than having them all be the default black squares, because at least then, the different colors allow you to "color code" your cards so they're easier and faster to locate.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2058 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:26 pm

Christen57 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:

What's with this irrational fear of yours of people copying/downloading some random image off the internet? What kind of revenge IS that? When I think of revenge, I think of things far more serious for getting back at the person in question, such as stealing something physical from them, harming/injuring them, spreading lies/rumors about them, exposing some dark secret of theirs, physically damaging/ruining/wrecking some physical item of theirs, going after some loved one of theirs, etc.

Also, if you never upload any artworks, why bother creating/drawing them up in the first place?

You don't have to put much effort into artworks if you don't want to. Like Futuregamer said, even having just complete red/white/blue/green/yellow squares for your cards' artworks is better than having them all be the default black squares, because at least then, the different colors allow you to "color code" your cards so they're easier and faster to locate.

I think this guy is trying to imply to you that customs are all bad in his view.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2059 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:32 pm

Christen57 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:

Christen57, artists must be protected and respected. Besides, why do you come up with mine as a revenge? Mine is not a revenge, it is copyright.
I mean that peoples steal my artworks during my duels with screenshots for lose revenge

Cit.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2060 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:33 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:

I think this guy is trying to imply to you that customs are all bad in his view.

Ooohhh i see a fucking Yuja Drayko friend... huh?

Cit.

Return to “Spam Paradise”