I will use this thread for saving and sharing replays with others

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Re: I will use this thread for saving and sharing replays with others

Post #581 by CrystalMusic » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:59 am

https://imgur.com/pr11L8r my permanent duel note!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #582 by Debt » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:03 am

CrystalMusic wrote:https://imgur.com/pr11L8r my permanent duel note!

Wow another vague duel note where you'll complain when people don't comply to it because of ambiguity

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #583 by Darkraiclone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:10 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
i hate the current game. i hate what its become. if this was still the OG yugioh id be enjoying it.

You hate the current game but you also hate goat. It means you hate the game as a whole. If you hate it, leave.

telling someone to leave the site. hmmm... yeah REPORT!

LightCaster has a good point, if you hate the game so much that you won't even play a format centered around an older ban list and older cards due impart by the fact that removal exists, then why even bother playing if you hate it so much? It's kinda like saying that you hate pizza, but then order one anyway.
Last edited by Darkraiclone on Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #584 by CrystalMusic » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:11 am

if by vauge, you mean it doesnt have enough info to be understood; let me make it simple:
1: every single monster must have more atk than def
2: every single spell and trap must increase your mosnters attack value
3: no wicked avatar
4: no moon mirror shield
5: no hand effects (like honest)

oh and this should go without saying: no pends!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Slitina

Post #585 by Slitina » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:18 am

CrystalMusic wrote:if by vauge, you mean it doesnt have enough info to be understood; let me make it simple:

*deep breath* my turn to join this bullshit, CrystalMusic the game is literally not all about attack over defence hell some monsters have more DEF then ATK for example Superheavy Samurais or they don’t even have defense at all which are links like Yugioh is not a game where highest mean anything then again who am I kidding your horrible at the game.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

NiwatoriFTW

Post #586 by NiwatoriFTW » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:18 am

CrystalMusic wrote:if by vauge, you mean it doesnt have enough info to be understood; let me make it simple:

Suddenly, Bandai YGO.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #587 by CrystalMusic » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:33 am

to further help ppl understand what i mean by attack based cards only:
1: all spells and traps must increase atk values
2: all monsters must have a higher original atk than its original def (this means no monsters with ? atk or ? def as ? is always treated as 0)
3: if a monster has an effect: it must be an attack gaining effect!

then again i dont get what is so hard about asking me what my rules mean before u join. this would make things all the more easy and simpler!

NiwatoriFTW

Post #588 by NiwatoriFTW » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:40 am

CrystalMusic wrote:to further help ppl understand what i mean by attack based cards only:
2: all monsters must have a higher original atk than its original def (this means no monsters with ? atk or ? def as ? is always treated as 0)

I suppose his last duel must have been more frustrating than it seemed: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-24027998
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "Attack Based Cards Only. No Moon Mirror Shield, Avatar, Hand Effects"
[2:39] ~Anxiety~: Entered Main Phase 1
[2:54] ~Anxiety~: Normal Summoned "Squirt Squid" from hand (4/4) to M-3
[2:57] ~Anxiety~: Ended turn
[2:57] CrystalMusic: Pointed at "Squirt Squid" in M-3
[3:11] CrystalMusic: "sigh"
[3:14] CrystalMusic: "attakc based"
[3:19] CrystalMusic: "thats def based"
[3:20] ~Anxiety~: "Yeah, it copies ATK"
[3:23] CrystalMusic: "doenst count"
[3:27] CrystalMusic: "it atk MUSt be higher thn its def"
[3:34] ~Anxiety~: "Would the card Copycat count?"
[3:37] CrystalMusic: "no"
[3:42] CrystalMusic: "as it has no atk value to start with"
[3:54] CrystalMusic: "the original atk must be higher than its def to be atk based"
[4:45] ~Anxiety~: "Well my deck is based around Tokens that gain ATK so I guess I can't do anything"
[4:45] ~Anxiety~: Activated Set "Token Stampede" in S-4
[4:54] ~Anxiety~: "Its a Token Stampede Deck"
[5:08] CrystalMusic: Left duel

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #589 by LightCaster » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:46 am

CrystalMusic wrote:https://imgur.com/pr11L8r my permanent duel note!

And this is supposed to help how?

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #590 by Darkraiclone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:51 am

CrystalMusic wrote:to further help ppl understand what i mean by attack based cards only:

then again i dont get what is so hard about asking me what my rules mean before u join. this would make things all the more easy and simpler!

Pretty much, Caveman Yugioh, the player with the biggest monster automatically wins. Though of course, anyone who plays by this and is able to use this set of rules against you is going to result in you rage quitting against them.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #591 by CrystalMusic » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:59 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
2: all monsters must have a higher original atk than its original def with exeptions on armed protector dragon (this means no monsters with ? atk or ? def as ? is always treated as 0)

Pretty much, Caveman Yugioh, the player with the biggest monster automatically wins. Though of course, anyone who plays by this and is able to use this set of rules against you is going to result in you rage quitting against them.

depends on if they are using the same strat as me.
mine is maha vailo and armed protector dragon. the remaining monsters i have are all 2k default atk, except for 2 alien shocktrooper with 1900

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #592 by Darkraiclone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:03 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
2: all monsters must have a higher original atk than its original def with exeptions on armed protector dragon (this means no monsters with ? atk or ? def as ? is always treated as 0)

mine is maha vailo and armed protector dragon. the remaining monsters i have are all 2k default atk, except for 2 alien shocktrooper with 1900

Shoot, Normal Monster Beatdown can easily win against that with just level 4s and atk boost cards, also, since you've pretty much banned removal and non-atk boosting spell, trap, and effects, Armed Protector Dragon is literally useless in your deck.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #593 by CrystalMusic » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:10 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Pretty much, Caveman Yugioh, the player with the biggest monster automatically wins. Though of course, anyone who plays by this and is able to use this set of rules against you is going to result in you rage quitting against them.

Shoot, Normal Monster Beatdown can easily win against that with just level 4s and atk boost cards, also, since you've pretty much banned removal and non-atk boosting spell, trap, and effects, Armed Protector Dragon is literally useless in your deck.

but hes still a card based on beatdown as he gains atk thru his own effect

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #594 by Darkraiclone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:13 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

That may be, but the fact that you have to tribute 2 monsters for a level 8 with 2000 atk is a terrible investment when you could play something like, oh I don't know, Blue-Eyes White Dragon?

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #595 by LightCaster » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:18 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

Ah-ah. But your rules say no copycats.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #596 by CrystalMusic » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:39 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Shoot, Normal Monster Beatdown can easily win against that with just level 4s and atk boost cards, also, since you've pretty much banned removal and non-atk boosting spell, trap, and effects, Armed Protector Dragon is literally useless in your deck.

That may be, but the fact that you have to tribute 2 monsters for a level 8 with 2000 atk is a terrible investment when you could play something like, oh I don't know, Blue-Eyes White Dragon?

and tell me wha ta blue eyes would have if you played the same equips on him as you would armed protector dragon? lets say: 3 mage powers and 2 axe of despairs. my monster will have a 2500 atk boost due to its own effect. thats 1500 more than the blue-eyes after all calculations.
so yeah u may have the edge with default atk, but the effect of armed protector dragon would tip the scale in my favor.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #597 by CrystalMusic » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:41 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Pretty much, Caveman Yugioh, the player with the biggest monster automatically wins. Though of course, anyone who plays by this and is able to use this set of rules against you is going to result in you rage quitting against them.

copycat as in the monster!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #598 by LightCaster » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:00 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

copycat as in the monster!

Copycatting the person, you dolt.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #599 by Darkraiclone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:54 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

and tell me wha ta blue eyes would have if you played the same equips on him as you would armed protector dragon? lets say: 3 mage powers and 2 axe of despairs. my monster will have a 2500 atk boost due to its own effect. thats 1500 more than the blue-eyes after all calculations.
so yeah u may have the edge with default atk, but the effect of armed protector dragon would tip the scale in my favor.

1: Blue-Eyes has 1000 more ATK on summon unlike Armed Protector which can also be boosted by those cards.
2: Since you have banned the use of non-ATK boosting spells, traps, and effects, you can easily summon Blue-Eyes and have a 3000 ATK monster and your opponent would not have anyway to respond to it or get rid of it.
3: Armed Protector Dragon may have the benefit of having those boosts with equip spells, but if you don't have those cards in your hand, his boosting effect won't amount to anything seeing that your opponent will either beat over it or crash another 2000 ATK monster into it on their turn whereas, with Blue-Eyes, they'll have a much harder time dealing with it seeing that it's not leaving itself exposed, and seeing that neither player will be allowed to search equip-spells, you're practically relying on sheer luck to get what you described off.

Slitina

Post #600 by Slitina » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:57 pm

And on top of that hurr durr 3000 atk more then 2000 atk because of this caveman ygo
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Return to “Spam Paradise”