i find this funny

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

i find this funny

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Iv seen alot of people say they hate custom cards, well guess what? i just gathered the facts to prove you wrong. heres the poof:
- Theres 17,209 pages worth of custom cards
- Each page holds 20 cards.
- Thats roughly 340,580 custom cards made by the community.
( Screenshot of how many custom cards the community has made: https://imgur.com/28fmvOx )

Konami has made roughtly 10,180 cards (i have made roughly1/4 of that amount)
(Screenshot of the cards konami has made: https://imgur.com/JSI3PNS)

that means the yugioh community has made 33 times the amount of cards konami has, so dont go telling me that the community hates custom cards when the facts say otherwise.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:26 pm

You do realize that a lot of the community doesn't like Customs cause everyone has a different idea of "balance". Also considering that the idea "customs are bad" are generally said as jokes. Also, just because there is 340k cards, doesn't mean that majority of the community likes customs. Now if you decide to break down by the number of users, you'd then you'd have an argument. But the way you present your data is the same way that the democrats conflate gun related deaths including suicide to inflate the number.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Wek

Post #3 by Wek » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:48 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Iv seen alot of people say they hate custom cards, well guess what? i just gathered the facts to prove you wrong. heres the poof:
( Screenshot of how many custom cards the community has made: https://imgur.com/28fmvOx )

that means the yugioh community has made 33 times the amount of cards konami has, so dont go telling me that the community hates custom cards when the facts say otherwise.

17,209 pages
20 cards a page, except possibly the last one, which is <=20
Using middle school multiplication skills or wielding basic calculator capabilities, one might think you could come to a more accurate number than 340,580, but somehow you failed to do it and missed the mark by several thousand for no real reason. Leeway for the last page being 1-20 cards would have been understandable, but where you managed to lose thousands of cards from known numbers is anyone's guess.

How you compare people randomly inserting cards into DB's public system to Konami's publically printing the cards for the official game, including having them set in multiple languages and creating numerous copies and packs alongside some idea for the language is also quite the leap. A basic glance at the front page of that custom cards list from the default alphabetical setting should show how little people care about the trash they throw up there for fun. You end up with waves upon waves of junk no one cares about, a great quantity, sure, but it says more about how little we care than how much when you actually look at the stacks. For all those cards far more people play advanced, the custom section is a minority pool for a group that holds a large populations of trolls, morons, and a few reasonable people who actually know PSCT and can use the customs for their own purposes. The latter group, while it certainly exists, is the minority of minorities and doesn't hold up the public support of customs all that well.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:52 am

Wek wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:Iv seen alot of people say they hate custom cards, well guess what? i just gathered the facts to prove you wrong. heres the poof:

17,209 pages
20 cards a page, except possibly the last one, which is <=20
Using middle school multiplication skills or wielding basic calculator capabilities, one might think you could come to a more accurate number than 340,580, but somehow you failed to do it and missed the mark by several thousand for no real reason. Leeway for the last page being 1-20 cards would have been understandable, but where you managed to lose thousands of cards from known numbers is anyone's guess.

How you compare people randomly inserting cards into DB's public system to Konami's publically printing the cards for the official game, including having them set in multiple languages and creating numerous copies and packs alongside some idea for the language is also quite the leap. A basic glance at the front page of that custom cards list from the default alphabetical setting should show how little people care about the trash they throw up there for fun. You end up with waves upon waves of junk no one cares about, a great quantity, sure, but it says more about how little we care than how much when you actually look at the stacks. For all those cards far more people play advanced, the custom section is a minority pool for a group that holds a large populations of trolls, morons, and a few reasonable people who actually know PSCT and can use the customs for their own purposes. The latter group, while it certainly exists, is the minority of minorities and doesn't hold up the public support of customs all that well.

I wanted to add, there is even cards that are existing cards, same art, same text even in customs. Not to mention other cards just like that in other languages in customs.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Spam Paradise”