IMO this is the The Ultimate Lock (before link format)

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

IMO this is the The Ultimate Lock (before link format)

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:37 am

10 cards: 2 fusion monsters, 3 effect monsters, 1 equip spell, 4 continuous traps

Fusion Monsters: 2 Ojama King
Effect monsters: 1 Dark Simourgh, 1 Jinzo, 1 Banisher of The Light
Equip Spell - 1 Equip Spell: 1 Amplifier Equipped to Jinzo
Continuous Traps - 4 Continuous Traps: 1 Anti-spell Fragrance, 1 Mask of Restrict, 1 Soul Drain, 1 Mind Drain.

The cards and their effects:

Monsters:
- Dark Simourgh: While face-up on the field, this card is also WIND-Attribute. You can banish 1 DARK monster and 1 WIND monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 1 DARK monster and 1 WIND monster from your hand; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Your opponent cannot Set any cards on the field. (Important part of the effect that creates the lock: Your opponent cannot Set any cards on the field)
- Jinzo: Trap Cards, and their effects on the field, cannot be activated. Negate all Trap effects on the field.
- Banisher of The Light: Any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead. (This means cards never hit the GY)
- Ojama King; "Ojama Green" + "Ojama Yellow" + "Ojama Black"
Select up to 3 of your opponent's Monster Card Zones. The selected zones cannot be used. (with 2 of him i can pick up to a minimum of 2 zones and a max of 6, in other words i can pick any number from 2 to 6 and occupy that many monster zones - Ill pick 5 zones to occupy: My opponents)

Equip Spell:
- Amplifier: Equip only to "Jinzo". While this card is equipped, the equipped monster's effect does not negate the effects of its controller's Trap Cards. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the equipped monster. This card's activation and effect cannot be negated.

Continuous Traps:
- Anti-spell Fragrance: Both players must Set Spell Cards before activating them, and cannot activate them until their next turn after Setting them
- Mask of Restrict: Neither player can Tribute cards. (This includes from cards, effects, costs and conditions such as Kaiju, Lava Golem and The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode)
- Soul Drain: Activate by paying 1000 Life Points. Monsters that are banished, as well as monsters in the Graveyard, cannot activate their effects (that start a Chain).
- Mind Drain: Activate this card by paying 1000 LP. Effects of monsters in the hand cannot be activated.

The result? The opponent is completely locked from 99.9% of all of yugioh except for exodia.
What it does:
- Creates A complete lock of all Spells, Traps, Hand effects, GY effects, Banish triggered effects
- No Summonable/settable monsters (including Pendulums - Only Pendulum Monster Cards activated as Spell Cards can be placed in Pendulum Zones, Thus the Dark Simourgh and Anti-spell Fragrence combo stops Pendulums from being placed in Pendulum Zones)
- Tribute conditions like Kaiju, Ra Sphere Mode and Lava Golem are useless.

Edit: If you say Effect Veiler works, think again, Discarding it to the GY is a cost to activate its effect, due to Banisher of the Light you cant pay that cost and thus you cannot activate Effect Veiler's effect
Edit #2: the title says IMO which, for those who dont know, means In My Opinion. I am simply voicing my opinion. We all have the right to voice our opinions.
NOTE: I did not make this post to start anything or to rant, just merely made this post to show the ingenious field and its potential.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Silvers Rayleigh

Post #2 by Silvers Rayleigh » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:45 am

This lock's potential would be better measured by how easy it is to set it up. And this is borderline impossible, even in a tag duel. Your opponent won't be sitting there waiting for that to happen.

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:56 am

Honestly, its shite. There is no way you can get all those consistently turn 1.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #4 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:29 am

it is indeed very bad, theres much more actual locks with the same result that you can actually get out turn 1 with banned cards, obviously
b

Debt

Post #5 by Debt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:03 am

No deck can run this and for that reason alone it's a bad lock. It's disingenuous to say this is just a 10 card lock. To summon your a single Ojama King you need a fusion spell and the Ojamas themselves which raises the main deck requirement to 12 cards, the other king will either need another set of Ojamas and poly so Tri-Wight instead of another set of Ojamas and another poly so we're up to 14. Dark Simorgh will require another two cards somewhere so we're up to 16. Jinzo will need something to summon it as well, be it tribute fodder or something to special summon it from hand, deck or gy so now we're up to 17 cards. Almost half of a deck and we haven't even touched on duplicates and the consistency problem this thing will have. You can't slot this into another deck as some back-up win con because any deck will get weaker with the inclusion of all these random pieces. What does your ideal starting hand even look like? What does it look like if your know your opponent has an Exiled Force or DD Warrior Lady and MST waiting in their hand turn 1?

In a vacuum this setup is unbreakable. But duels don't happen in a vacuum. There are several key problems on trying to rely on such a slow, inconsistent and card heavy lockdown.
1. Until the lock is established it's vulnerable to disruption at every turn.
2. If its disrupted there's basically no chance to recover, it's very much a 1 shot deal because this shell is horrifically inflexible and must be dedicated to bringing out this lock.
3. It requires your opponent to have an empty board prior to completion. Even having 2 level 3s or 4s means the lock gets shutdown

And no, no one is going to believe your stories that you did this against your brother when he played Lightsworns or that you did it to some random shitter in some local event.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #6 by Ir0n » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 am

the only way to break this I can think of is chaining to the activation of Anti-Spell fragrance which can only be activated after your opponent starts their turn (assuming you don't get handtrapped by nibiru mid combo). In this case MST or Super Poly (both at 3) are easy outs, but obviously timing and luck are paramount here. Though as the others already said: You'll never pull this off in a competitive duel... nobody will.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Honestly, its shite. There is no way you can get all those consistently turn 1.

and who said that was my goal to get it out in one turn?
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

DuskWill

Post #8 by DuskWill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:00 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Honestly, its shite. There is no way you can get all those consistently turn 1.

I'm glad that's established. It won't be anyone's goal to beat that lock after it was complete, since they would have stopped it midways.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:46 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Then it isn't a lock. The goal of a lockdown is to prevent your opponent from playing period. If you can't do that in 1 turn, its shite.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Spam Paradise”